Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,393

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#94049 Jan 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Then you disagree with Jesus' teachings!
You're also the one that thinks only people from a certain Building
will go to heaven...
I believe the Word of God... ALL of it!
And it's not hard when God proves His word to you!
Wisdom! Pray for it!
KublaKhan is the only christian that had a reasonable explanation to my previous comments about your claims of expelling demons and the rest of that healing malarky you and your posse had claimed.

Consider yourself refuted beyond any reasonable doubt. You now should start their with your imaginary gifts of demon expulsion and raising the dead and realize that you may be brain washed into believing a lie.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#94050 Jan 15, 2013
Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
KublaKhan is the only christian that had a reasonable explanation to my previous comments about your claims of expelling demons and the rest of that healing malarky you and your posse had claimed.
Consider yourself refuted beyond any reasonable doubt. You now should start their with your imaginary gifts of demon expulsion and raising the dead and realize that you may be brain washed into believing a lie.
Spaceship dude are you talkin' about that nut saying he cast out demons and bullets passed right through and didn't hurt him? Demons my hind end, he was just lettin' off farts that had body. He should let me pop him a few times with a .22 just with rat shot. He'll scoot like a turpentined tom cat. I mean bullets bounce righ off of Pooperman's balls but he even goes in the back room and screams like a banshee after that episode. Spaceship dude, don't argue with him. The orderly's at the sanatorium probably don't know he's out of his cell messing with the institution's computers. Man oh man.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#94051 Jan 15, 2013
Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's the same guy I repoot him too, Spaceship dude. I mean you are a bit dipsy doodle but that dude is really far out. Whoo wee.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94052 Jan 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
Thanks... That was cute!
Good day to you, and yours!
If you liked that one, you'll LOOOOVE this one, YaA.

Want to tell us again how you want con artists and batshyte insane morons teaching children?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94053 Jan 15, 2013
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#94054 Jan 15, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's the same guy I repoot him too, Spaceship dude. I mean you are a bit dipsy doodle but that dude is really far out. Whoo wee.
I repooted you and raise you one.

every evangelist

Humanity

Bellevue, WA

#94055 Jan 15, 2013
I believe alot in science as well; however, if you go out of your way to put down the ones that do believe then u have become the very type of person that u hate. U say u hate it when christians try and shove religion down our throats but u are doing the same thing, it just happens to be in the opposite direction. Either way is an extreme. To attempt to educate is one thing but, you are taking it to a dark level in which nobody benefits.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#94056 Jan 15, 2013
Humanity wrote:
I believe alot in science as well; however, if you go out of your way to put down the ones that do believe then u have become the very type of person that u hate. U say u hate it when christians try and shove religion down our throats but u are doing the same thing, it just happens to be in the opposite direction. Either way is an extreme. To attempt to educate is one thing but, you are taking it to a dark level in which nobody benefits.
I agree religies should not be shoving religion down people throats. Yet many but not all disobey their own bible admonishments and the unbelievers do spank them with facts to correct untested, unverifiable claims that have been made.

Unbelievers are not always needed for this task that can be seen by bitter rhetorical debate about each other religies sects that is shown on other topix forums,including this one.

So the question is why does this continue on topix....?

Matt 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Sometimes, dark indeed.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#94057 Jan 15, 2013
We dont care enough for those that care for us.
I am a contradiction
a perfect imperfection
On looking in from outside
I think Iíd pass inspection

My nails are neat, each hair in place
My clothes the latest styles
But look a little closer,
And you can see my trials

The window to my balanced soul
Is stained from too much smoke
A birds eye view down at my heart
Will clearly show itís broke

My best intentions lead to pain
And complicated messes
My head is filled with wishes,
My decisions second guesses

There was a time I tried to hide
each wrinkle, scar and tear
But Iím learning to appreciate
That Iím more than I appear

Each wrinkle tells a story
The path from there to here
Iíve earned a little wisdom
With every falling tear

My soul will soar in brilliant skies
But then Iíll need to rest
The embers of my passion
Still smolder in my chest

Perhaps Iíll let my hair go wild
And skip the manicure
Iíll wear my favorite color
Theyíll say "Hey, look at her"

My hair, my heart, my clothes, my soul
Will walk in one direction
No longer contradicting
My perfect imperfection

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94058 Jan 15, 2013
unspoken heart wrote:
We dont care enough for those that care for us.
I am a contradiction
a perfect imperfection
On looking in from outside
I think Iíd pass inspection
My nails are neat, each hair in place
My clothes the latest styles
But look a little closer,
And you can see my trials
The window to my balanced soul
Is stained from too much smoke
A birds eye view down at my heart
Will clearly show itís broke
My best intentions lead to pain
And complicated messes
My head is filled with wishes,
My decisions second guesses
There was a time I tried to hide
each wrinkle, scar and tear
But Iím learning to appreciate
That Iím more than I appear
Each wrinkle tells a story
The path from there to here
Iíve earned a little wisdom
With every falling tear
My soul will soar in brilliant skies
But then Iíll need to rest
The embers of my passion
Still smolder in my chest
Perhaps Iíll let my hair go wild
And skip the manicure
Iíll wear my favorite color
Theyíll say "Hey, look at her"
My hair, my heart, my clothes, my soul
Will walk in one direction
No longer contradicting
My perfect imperfection
You watched the "twilight" series didn't you?
Prayers needed

Vine Grove, KY

#94059 Jan 15, 2013
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
My husband jeff schwab of campbellsville says F&*K GOD. please pray for my, kim schwab and my family. he is abusive, is a convicted felon for beating up an old crippled man, he makes meth in our house. I'm afraid he will blow it up with us in it

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94060 Jan 15, 2013
Prayers needed wrote:
<quoted text>My husband jeff schwab of campbellsville says F&*K GOD. please pray for my, kim schwab and my family. he is abusive, is a convicted felon for beating up an old crippled man, he makes meth in our house. I'm afraid he will blow it up with us in it
Yes, pray instead of calling the police or getting some rough guys to "explain things to him" because praying .... well has never done anything
But if you really want me to pray to almighty Satan for you I will

Location hidden

#94061 Jan 15, 2013
Prayers needed wrote:
<quoted text>My husband jeff schwab of campbellsville says F&*K GOD. please pray for my, kim schwab and my family. he is abusive, is a convicted felon for beating up an old crippled man, he makes meth in our house. I'm afraid he will blow it up with us in it
abuse known way too well, if you have kids get them out of that house.. and if you dont leave you will be leaving in a coffin..praying for you..

Location hidden

#94062 Jan 15, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You watched the "twilight" series didn't you?
No dear satan ,more of a bonnie and clyde kind of woman.. anyway if i am bound in your direction , i might as well stop caring what others think about me , and jump on the train with you..
Do christians need symbol

El Dorado Hills, CA

#94063 Jan 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid is stupid!
Our Cross is a symbol of what Christ suffered for US...
Nothing more!
There is little doubt that early Christians adopted well-known customs to develop their religion and doctrine. To suggest otherwise is to say that the seeds sown by God for earlier faiths was a mistake.

By definition, God does not make mistakes.

Some Pagan items adopted by Christians

http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/pagan-symbols....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#94064 Jan 15, 2013
Do christians need symbol wrote:
<quoted text>
There is little doubt that early Christians adopted well-known customs to develop their religion and doctrine. To suggest otherwise is to say that the seeds sown by God for earlier faiths was a mistake.
By definition, God does not make mistakes.
Some Pagan items adopted by Christians
http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/pagan-symbols....
To the poster name , they got a symbol- It's called a cross -(you knew that)-
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94065 Jan 15, 2013
NO PART of CHRISTENDOM
Jehovahís Witnesses are no part of Christendom. In fact, Christendom was founded nearly 300 years after Jesusí death, and its beliefs have greatly deviated from what Jesus taught. For example, we do not accept Christendomís belief in the Trinity, which teaches that Jesus is God himself. Nowhere do the Scriptures contain this blasphemous teaching.(Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29; John 14:28) We do not use the CROSS AS A SYMBOL, nor do we employ statues in any way as part of our worship. These are all things that the Bible condemns.óExodus 20:3-5; 1 John 5:21.
Boots

Salyersville, KY

#94066 Jan 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You've been watching H2 again... haven't you?
LOL
I watched something earlier... what I can't remember, but
The guy said things like...
"We Know that the dinosaurs died off because of a meteor strike!"
Then another guy said...
"We Know it was from a valcano!"
Another said
"By these Ice cores, we Know how the earth was Xmillions of years agao!"
Facts are... it's ALL cojecture...
No one knows the dinos died out before man cam along, as there is evidence that man lived with them!
Ice cores prove Nothing about age, only about snow, and rain during a time undetermined!
Conjecture...
on a side note... you see where that guy is gonna dig up some spitfires in Asia... Cool, I hope he finds them!
Here, try the universe.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94067 Jan 15, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid is stupid!
Our Cross is a symbol of what Christ suffered for US...
Nothing more!
You should do some research on the origin of the cross.It dates back to Egypt (long before Jesus) you see it on the wall of tombs as well as other places with a loop on top and is a phallic symbol as well as the fish symbol that so many so called good Christians wear on the back of their cars.
Check it out. And follow the Bible's advise:
Do not use the cross as a symbol, nor employ statues in any way as part of your worship. These are all things that the Bible condemns.óExodus 20:3-5; 1 John 5:21.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94068 Jan 15, 2013
One TRUE RELIGION
Ephesians 4:4-6
4 One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called; 5 one Lord, one FAITH, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all [persons], who is over all and through all and in all.

Can you identify the one true religion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A good pediatric dr in barbourville 7 min its a shame 2
Jail Beatings 7 min Respect 6
Very Concerned !!! About the Jail ! 12 min Mother 1
Don't cut your own Throat ! 17 min Politicus 1
looking for stud for AKC Female Yorkie 27 min yorkie mom 1
Who will you vote for as Judge Executive ? 31 min Question 6
who will you vote for as jailer 1 hr see ya 27
Knox Co jail threads GONE again!!!! 3 hr Abuse 11
Family Court Judge 11 hr decided voter 49
Who works at both the Advocate and the jail? 12 hr Patty 11