Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142341 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

GWB

El Dorado Hills, CA

#94174 Jan 20, 2013
Not fooled wrote:
<quoted text>Let us hope so.
In FL the Gov. just signed a law that lets any religion pray at outside events like football games. A group of Satanist showed their support for this as we will be there to pray to Satan within the law
George W. Bush
"We all pray to the same God"

----------

George H. W. Bush
Frederick C Hicks
Alice Bailey
Gary Allen

"New World Order"

The New World Order conspiracy has gained currency within the UFO sub-culture as well. In this form of the conspiracy, the aliens are actually in control of the secret cabal running the NWO or are shapeshifters taking the form of world leaders.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94175 Jan 20, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush
"We all pray to the same God"
----------
George H. W. Bush
Frederick C Hicks
Alice Bailey
Gary Allen
"New World Order"
The New World Order conspiracy has gained currency within the UFO sub-culture as well. In this form of the conspiracy, the aliens are actually in control of the secret cabal running the NWO or are shapeshifters taking the form of world leaders.
How many pray to the true God JEHOVAH?

“Hail Satan!”

Since: Dec 12

Hell

#94176 Jan 20, 2013
The true god?
Jehova lied to Adam and Eve while Satan told them the truth, jehova killed millions while Satan killed none, jehovah demanded animal blood sacrifice, Satan did not, jehova demanded the death of innocent children and Satan never harmed any child.
Who is the devil? Satan is the real holy god and jehova is the lying devil!
GWB

El Dorado Hills, CA

#94177 Jan 20, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I need help with that calculation. Please tell me the number of humans that will be killed by JEHOVAH at some future date by your understanding?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94178 Jan 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Ecclesiastes "? really? do you know who wrote it, and What he was talking about?
I'll raise you "Revelations 21"!
Sure wise King Solomon was the writer of Ecclesiastes but it was Jehovah God who inspired him to write what he wrote! 2 Timothy 3:16,17
16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

What is your point?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94179 Jan 20, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
I need help with that calculation. Please tell me the number of humans that will be killed by JEHOVAH at some future date by your understanding?
My understanding means nothing any more than your's does. Here is what the Bible says: Paraphrased The dead bodies will be from one end of the earth to the other.
belief

Mount Sterling, KY

#94180 Jan 20, 2013
we would be better people if it was back in the schools so would our kids
GWB

El Dorado Hills, CA

#94181 Jan 20, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding means nothing any more than your's does. Here is what the Bible says: Paraphrased The dead bodies will be from one end of the earth to the other.
We already had dead bodies from one end of the earth to the other, I don't get your point.

I cannot answer your previous question how many pray to JEHOVAH, since you cannot answer my question.
hroola

Rochester, PA

#94182 Jan 20, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Reject that for Public schools the Bible is a edited farth lie
GWB

El Dorado Hills, CA

#94183 Jan 20, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94189 Jan 21, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure wise King Solomon was the writer of Ecclesiastes but it was Jehovah God who inspired him to write what he wrote! 2 Timothy 3:16,17
16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.
What is your point?
You do know that Soloman turned from God for a season...
His point was that While alive, we living can do things the dead cannot... like change direction!
Revelations 21 tells you of the hell to come for those that do evil! He says it's Eternal... you said the dead wouldn't know it!
All Scripture... are lessons to be learned from!
We (the US) cannot kill 1,000,000 babies a year, and not held accountable, along with ALL the other Ill garbage we're doing!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94190 Jan 21, 2013
Proverbs
1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of
knowledge:[but] fools despise wisdom and
instruction.
ppl

Natick, MA

#94192 Jan 21, 2013
Ppl

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94195 Jan 21, 2013
More for Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one that will get you to heaven and speaks the truth.
So first you pick a religion
&NR =1

Then God decides if it was the right one
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94196 Jan 21, 2013
belief wrote:
we would be better people if it was back in the schools so would our kids
Absolutely. Imagine how differently Hitler would have turned out if only he had gone to church and sung hymns in a choir when he was a child. Oh, wait... HE DID.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#94197 Jan 21, 2013
The primary reason I do not believe in god:

(and this is funny too!)

(glad to see this dinosaur thread is STILL going...)

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#94198 Jan 21, 2013
I pray with my eyes open now , so that as I bow my head I can see all the great things , that I need to be praying for ... Great day to all of you..

“"Always Love from the Heart"”

Since: Dec 10

Paintsville Kentucky

#94199 Jan 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. Imagine how differently Hitler would have turned out if only he had gone to church and sung hymns in a choir when he was a child. Oh, wait... HE DID.
hmmm as a child?, he might of went to church and sang in the choir, but did he listen, or did he read his bible, he couldn't have and done the horrible acts he done as an Adult!
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94200 Jan 21, 2013
lover girl 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm as a child?, he might of went to church and sang in the choir, but did he listen, or did he read his bible, he couldn't have and done the horrible acts he done as an Adult!
You evidently are not aware that Hitler was backed by the Catholic Church.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#94201 Jan 21, 2013
lover girl 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Sounds like he used it as a guide....

Deuteronomy 20

New Living Translation (NLT)
Regulations concerning War

20 “When you go out to fight your enemies and you face horses and chariots and an army greater than your own, do not be afraid. The Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, is with you! 2 When you prepare for battle, the priest must come forward to speak to the troops. 3 He will say to them,‘Listen to me, all you men of Israel! Do not be afraid as you go out to fight your enemies today! Do not lose heart or panic or tremble before them. 4 For the Lord your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you victory!’

5 “Then the officers of the army must address the troops and say,‘Has anyone here just built a new house but not yet dedicated it? If so, you may go home! You might be killed in the battle, and someone else would dedicate your house. 6 Has anyone here just planted a vineyard but not yet eaten any of its fruit? If so, you may go home! You might die in battle, and someone else would eat the first fruit. 7 Has anyone here just become engaged to a woman but not yet married her? Well, you may go home and get married! You might die in the battle, and someone else would marry her.’

8 “Then the officers will also say,‘Is anyone here afraid or worried? If you are, you may go home before you frighten anyone else.’ 9 When the officers have finished speaking to their troops, they will appoint the unit commanders.

10 “As you approach a town to attack it, you must first offer its people terms for peace. 11 If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. 12 But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. 13 When the Lord your God hands the town over to you, use your swords to kill every man in the town. 14 But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the plunder from your enemies that the Lord your God has given you.

15 “But these instructions apply only to distant towns, not to the towns of the nations in the land you will enter. 16 In those towns that the Lord your God is giving you as a special possession, destroy every living thing. 17 You must completely destroy[a] the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, just as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 This will prevent the people of the land from teaching you to imitate their detestable customs in the worship of their gods, which would cause you to sin deeply against the Lord your God.

19 “When you are attacking a town and the war drags on, you must not cut down the trees with your axes. You may eat the fruit, but do not cut down the trees. Are the trees your enemies, that you should attack them? 20 You may only cut down trees that you know are not valuable for food. Use them to make the equipment you need to attack the enemy town until it falls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 821
Narhan Parks 1 hr WonderingEyes 13
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 3,797
Timmy Earles and Eric Canady 1 hr Johanna 3
Stephen Trace Signs 2 hr moneymoney 20
1st day of school for Knox 2 hr wondering 5
Tony Mills and his women 2 hr Gotem 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages