Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,866

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94137 Jan 18, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily.. If such an act is in self defense, or in the defense of others where there is reasonable cause to believe such act will stop great bodily harm or death then it is justified and hence Not Murder...
Biblically defined as "Laying in wait for inocent blood"!
Like an Abortion doctor (Hahahaha I said "Doctor")...
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94138 Jan 18, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear God speak to you, or did you dream he spoke to you. If it is not recorded in God's inspired word The Bible how do you know it was God talking to you???
On a side note...
I just cought this!
"If it is not recorded in God's inspired word The Bible "
What do you mean it's not?
Adam in the Garden, Moses at the bush, and through
John in Revelations...
God does speak to those that Listen!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94139 Jan 18, 2013
You all have a Great day....
Amen!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#94140 Jan 18, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear God speak to you, or did you dream he spoke to you. If it is not recorded in God's inspired word The Bible how do you know it was God talking to you???
Do you think it might have been the Boogie man? Most of the time he don't say nothin' he just reaches out and grabs you. He scares the stuffins out of me. Now I think this dude might of give up sex because he wasn't gettin any anyways, but I think he's still kind of high. I've been trying to get him to let me shoot him in his butt with some 22 rat shot and see if that passes right through him. Can we all say, chicken poop? Talkin the talk and walkin the walk are two different things.
JJJ789

Winchester, KY

#94141 Jan 18, 2013
Just commenting on the OP for this thread.

First of all, I am not a Christian. I consider myself to be a striving servant of God. I use the same Bible. But because the Christian name has been diluted, slandered, and altered so much, it would be dangerous to use it.

With that being said, many Christians are playing the fool's game. And the Bible even tells us this is true. I call it the popular God concept we find in churches. Worldly people find tolerance for their own lifestyles by attending tolerant churches. God does not tolerate worldly life. And He has already demonstrated more than once that He will not hesitate to destroy people for indulging in their own worldly ways.

Furthermore, all those same people who wear the "Christian" name tags are the same ones who try to mix God with secular teaching. YOU ARE FOOLS. It is important to keep God holy. Behavior is important in being a servant. And it is important to interrogate the information that goes into out heads. Especially when it is not biblical.

Remember the Tree of Knowledge and how it was forbidden? It represents the corruption of knowledge. Only God's knowledge was meant for us. The public schools represent that "Tree". They teach unGodly things. So it would be both pointless and idiotic to mix God with the schools. It makes God appear to be material or worldly. Secular kids do not understand holy behavior. They follow trends, norms, and are taught to conform to society. Jesus taught us to NOT conform to society. We only conform to the ways of God. And they are very unlike how people generally live today. God didn't tell you to work a secular job from 9 to 5, buy 2 new cars, a new pretty overpriced home, a swimming pool, and start a vacation savings account. YOU ARE LIVING FOR YOURSELVES. You have betrayed God's principles and are forsaking needy people. You pass up the homeless man. You might hand him some pennies. But try giving him everything you have! We are all rich in God's eyes. We do not face 1% of hardships Jesus did. And He did so voluntarily to PROVE His loyalty to God. And for that He was rewarded. God will not reward most people that live during this time period. Because most are following the FALSE concept of God. The worldly church concept that says it is okay to live the way that you do! IT IS NOT OKAY. Jesus was clear in His words!! You just do not listen.

Do you sit at home and study the Bible diligently? Or do you let Pastor Joe spit out a few meanings once a week? You are fooling yourself and others. Give up THIS life. Else it will be the last one you have.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94142 Jan 18, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>He speaks to me alot...
You just gotta listen!
Like when He told me about Obama... It ALWAYS is the Truth!
It's like being at a concert...
If yer too close to the speakers, and amps...
You can't even hear yerself think, but...
Get away from all the noise the enemy is making, and
you can hear Him too!
I've also had dreams, and visions, and I can tell you...
You ain't seen nothing yet!
Hold on to yer hats... It's gonna be a rough ride!
Have faith in the Lord... It'll be OK!
I guess that explains why you do not see the need to study God's word the Bible. All you have to do is wait for God to talk to you.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94143 Jan 18, 2013
Satan will mix truth with lies to make it hard to determine what is true and what is not. Just like he did when talking to Eve through a snake.
2 Corinthians 11:14 Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94144 Jan 18, 2013
2 Corinthians 11:14,15...Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94146 Jan 18, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that explains why you do not see the need to study God's word the Bible. All you have to do is wait for God to talk to you.
Excuse me?
I do study God's word!
You might pray that God would talk to you too!
He always tell the truth... Written, and verbally!

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#94147 Jan 18, 2013
Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."

Location hidden

#94148 Jan 18, 2013
A small boy once approached his slightly older sister with a question about God. "Susie, can anybody ever really see God?" he asked.

Busy with other things, Susie curtly replied: "No, of course
not silly. God is so far up in heaven that nobody can see him."

Time passed, but his question still lingered so he approached his mom: "Mom, can anybody ever really see God?" "No, not really," she gently said. "God is a spirit and he dwells in our hearts, but we can never really see Him."

Somewhat satisfied but still wondering, the youngster went on his way. Not long afterwards, his saintly old grandfather took the little boy on a fishing trip.

They were having a great time together. The sun was beginning to set with unusual splendor and the grandfather stared silently at the exquisite beauty unfolding before them.

On seeing the face of his grandfather reflecting such deep
peace and contentment, the little boy thought for a moment and finally spoke hesitatingly:

"Granddad, I--I-- wasn't going to ask anybody else, but I wonder if you can tell me the answer to something I've been wondering about a long time. Can anybody - can anybody ever really see God?".

The old man did not even turn his head. A long moment slipped by before he finally answered. "Son," he quietly said. "It's getting so I can't see anything else."

Location hidden

#94149 Jan 18, 2013
Last night I had the strangest dream,
I never dreamed before.
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war.

I dreamt I saw a mighty room,
The room was filled with men.
And the papers they were signing said
They'd never fight again.

And when the papers were all signed,
And a million copies made
They all joined hands and bowed their heads,
And grateful prayers were made.

And the people in the streets below,
They all danced round and round.
And guns and swords and uniforms
Were scattered on the ground.

Last night I had the strangest dream,
I never dreamed before.
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war.

"I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it." -- Dwight Eisenhower

Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94152 Jan 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me?
I do study God's word!
You might pray that God would talk to you too!
He always tell the truth... Written, and verbally!
2 Corinthians 4:4 Among whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

How do you know it is not the God of the world that is speaking to you?

I let God talk to me through his word the Bible and if I want to talk to God I pray.
Boots

Salyersville, KY

#94153 Jan 19, 2013
“It is a great adventure to contemplate the universe, beyond man, to contemplate what it would be like without man, as it was in a great part of its long history and as it is in a great majority of places. When this objective view is finally attained, and the mystery and majesty of matter are fully appreciated, to then turn the objective eye back on man viewed as matter, to view life as part of this universal mystery of greatest depth, is to sense an experience which is very rare, and very exciting. It usually ends in laughter and a delight in the futility of trying to understand what this atom in the universe is, this thing—atoms with curiosity—that looks at itself and wonders why it wonders. Well, these scientific views end in awe and mystery, lost at the edge in uncertainty, but they appear to be so deep and so impressive that the theory that it is all arranged as a stage for God to watch man's struggle for good and evil seems inadequate.

Some will tell me that I have just described a religious experience. Very well, you may call it what you will. Then, in that language I would say that the young man's religious experience is of such a kind that he finds the religion of his church inadequate to describe, to encompass that kind of experience. The God of the church isn't big enough.”
&#8213; Richard P. Feynman
I find it pretty selfish of people that thank God for their many blessings and gift of life. What makes you so much more special to receive blessings and a great life than to those 6 million starving children around the world? Why do you pray to God to help those who suffer instead of you taking action and helping them yourself? Don't you see how selfish you actually look when you pray to God about the good life he gave you? I myself have the read Bible two times and see that it is full of contradictions and lies. The God that I "would" but don't believe in should not have to call to a human to do his job. He would not send a man named Jesus to save us from our wrong doings. He especially wouldn't create a place to send us of never ending fire and torture for those who do not worship him/her throughout our lives. Is it not time you people begin to actually open your mind and reconsider your religion? I have read and studied enough history of mankind and the world to know one thing for certain: For thousands of years throughout known history of man, we have only created our own Gods to forgive us for our wrong doings. I say we keep all religions out of school teachings and leave it to those who do not wish to learn about our world. If you need a book that was written by man to understand your morals, than you are just as much of a fool as the person who wrote it.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94155 Jan 19, 2013
There is one thing Jehovah God cannot do: It is impossible for God to lie or contradict himself as some indicate:
Ezekiel 18:4,20 Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son to me they belong. The SOUL that is sinning—it itself WILL DIE.

Ecclesiastes 9:5,10 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are CONSCIOUS OF NOTHING AT ALL...
10... For there is no work nor devising nor KNOWLEDGE nor WISDOM in Sheol,(the grave) the place to which you are going.

Some would try to convince you that not only does God lie but he contradicts himself as well. Those who claim that God will keep sinners ALIVE so he can torture them in some hell fire forever are saying that God told lies and contradicted himself in the above scriptures.
I DON'T THINK SO!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94157 Jan 20, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Corinthians 4:4 Among whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.
How do you know it is not the God of the world that is speaking to you?
I let God talk to me through his word the Bible and if I want to talk to God I pray.
"How do you know it is not the God of the world that is speaking to you?"
Because He tells the Truth... Satan only lies 1/2 thruths!
"if I want to talk to God I pray"
How do you think I, or anyone else talks to God?
I question, why do you not get any answers?
JW?
Look... except for that time in the shed...
It's been kind of Subliminal... sometimes immediately,
sometimes after a while, like letting me figure it out...
and then He affirms the answer I get!
Remember too... you don't get answers for Everything, as
He keeps some to Himself!

“Sixteen Tons”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#94158 Jan 20, 2013
Jehova is no more believable than anything else.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94159 Jan 20, 2013
Boots wrote:
“It is a great adventure to contemplate the universe, beyond man, to contemplate what it would be like without man, as it was in a great part of its long history and as it is in a great majority of places. When this objective view is finally attained, and the mystery and majesty of matter are fully appreciated, to then turn the objective eye back on man viewed as matter, to view life as part of this universal mystery of greatest depth, is to sense an experience which is very rare, and very exciting. It usually ends in laughter and a delight in the futility of trying to understand what this atom in the universe is, this thing—atoms with curiosity—that looks at itself and wonders why it wonders. Well, these scientific views end in awe and mystery, lost at the edge in uncertainty, but they appear to be so deep and so impressive that the theory that it is all arranged as a stage for God to watch man's struggle for good and evil seems inadequate.
Some will tell me that I have just described a religious experience. Very well, you may call it what you will. Then, in that language I would say that the young man's religious experience is of such a kind that he finds the religion of his church inadequate to describe, to encompass that kind of experience. The God of the church isn't big enough.”
&#8213; Richard P. Feynman
I find it pretty selfish of people that thank God for their many blessings and gift of life. What makes you so much more special to receive blessings and a great life than to those 6 million starving children around the world? Why do you pray to God to help those who suffer instead of you taking action and helping them yourself? Don't you see how selfish you actually look when you pray to God about the good life he gave you? I myself have the read Bible two times and see that it is full of contradictions and lies. The God that I "would" but don't believe in should not have to call to a human to do his job. He would not send a man named Jesus to save us from our wrong doings. He especially wouldn't create a place to send us of never ending fire and torture for those who do not worship him/her throughout our lives. Is it not time you people begin to actually open your mind and reconsider your religion? I have read and studied enough history of mankind and the world to know one thing for certain: For thousands of years throughout known history of man, we have only created our own Gods to forgive us for our wrong doings. I say we keep all religions out of school teachings and leave it to those who do not wish to learn about our world. If you need a book that was written by man to understand your morals, than you are just as much of a fool as the person who wrote it.
"lost at the edge in uncertainty"
No! No uncertainty here!
"taking action and helping them yourself"
WE DO!
The fool is he who rejects God's Grace!
God is real!
Get to know Him... You'll be glad you did! I promise!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94161 Jan 20, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
There is one thing Jehovah God cannot do: It is impossible for God to lie or contradict himself as some indicate:
Ezekiel 18:4,20 Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son to me they belong. The SOUL that is sinning—it itself WILL DIE.
Ecclesiastes 9:5,10 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are CONSCIOUS OF NOTHING AT ALL...
10... For there is no work nor devising nor KNOWLEDGE nor WISDOM in Sheol,(the grave) the place to which you are going.
Some would try to convince you that not only does God lie but he contradicts himself as well. Those who claim that God will keep sinners ALIVE so he can torture them in some hell fire forever are saying that God told lies and contradicted himself in the above scriptures.
I DON'T THINK SO!
"Ecclesiastes"? really? do you know who wrote it, and What he was talking about?
I'll raise you "Revelations 21"!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94162 Jan 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Ecclesiastes "? really? do you know who wrote it, and What he was talking about?
I'll raise you "Revelations 21"!
I'll see your Revelations 21 and raise you

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kids free glasses and hearing checked 1 hr Hot T OTC 7
missing pit bull 3 hr not joking 8
truck payments 3 hr lol 12
barbourville teen: snake in the grass 3 hr Tom Anderson 2
Need food badly 4 hr lol 31
Porsche mills 4 hr Info 21
Chad Michael Merida Florida jail 5 hr Ghost face 3223 29
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:55 am PST

NBC Sports 4:55AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
Bleacher Report10:57 AM
After 13 Games on the Bench, Browns Need to Show Patience with Johnny Manziel