Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,502)

Showing posts 90,021 - 90,040 of127,772
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hateisntgood

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>My wife took a worlds religions course in college. However there is a difference in presenting the different religions to a college student and teaching the bible to young children.
The people pushing this have the agenda to teach the bible as fact and Christianity as the only true religion. They want to indoctrinate young minds with their idea's and beliefs.
If a class on worlds religions where to be properly taught in school there would be more children questioning the christian cult
Only if there were "cults of hate lessons" presented-like the KKK yewneeyon types (haters of other colors, the Jewish and Catholics, pretty much anything that wasn't "white and protestant", or other radical extreme hater and/or type psychotic harmful to other people type fringe groups that live outside the civil codes of society.
Anything that presents itself out of hate, is NOT good....but that would be a GOOD thing for children to recognize for certain!!
Hateisntgood

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
I am always asked why do I bash and attack the christian cult? Why can't I let them believe what they believe and forget about it.
There are two reasons, one the christian cult members try to force their beliefs on to every one and every thing in our society,
and two the number of threats and hate filled comments we recieve has put me in a state of mind to fire back.
Turn about is fair play
BURN THE CHURCHES!
BURN THE CHRISTIANS AT THE STAKE!
The above post is a good example of extremism, as it is illegal to burn or harm anyone or anyones elses anything, or to demand that people be burned at stakes.

Might want to try a nice, soothing cup of some herbal tea there instead of over-concerning yourself with the beliefs of others.
Hateisntgood

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Humanity wrote:
<quoted text> Its a shame they cant compromise. The history of religion is facinating, but u cant force religion down peoples throats. That is the definition of a cult. Its better to be open minded and u might find that u can learn something from them all.
May we never have an establishment of government that does try to do so. Just look at the messes in the middle east!

God Bless America!
Hateisntgood

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
Pentagon leaders have suggested the possibility remains that no troops will stay in Afghanistan after 2014 should Karzai not agree to a deal granting immunity to U.S. troops from Afghan laws.
Obama supported those statements saying "it will not be possible for us to have any kind of U.S. troop presence post-2014" without such an agreement.
Which makes sense. The lawlessness of an eye for an eye of the craggy rock ages are so brutal, and inhumane.
Hateisntgood

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am a better person than any christian and that with out the threats.
The christian cult does not teach good morals, unless lying is a good moral, they teach children to be subservant
The Truth of the GOOD word sets people free, not hypocricy.

Let those who are with OUT sin, cast the first stone.

And slavery is illegal...for ANYONE, not just children.
Hateisntgood

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR ! You're Spreading LIES ! The United States was not formed by the bible. It was formed by mostly Deists and Agnostic founders seeking freedom FROM religion. Check your facts, you're making yourself look like an uneducated bible thumpper.
"Religion is the incarnation of the most childish superstitions" ~Albert Einstein
"The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion." ~Thomas Paine
-
"Freedom OF (OF!!!) religion" (NOT from). Get it right. Which means, yes we should as DECENT human beings, accept the FACT that OTHERS have beliefs that are NOT the same as what we as individuals may believe (or not believe).
So long as they are NOT harming others in any shape, fashion or form.

And we've already covereed the TONS of quotes of Founding fathers (many of which also mention SOME, not all. having thier own special seats IN their churches of preferred attenedance.

Kind of why there's a lot of the stuff scribed in various structures in DC too.

History is what it is, and there's NO changing the facts.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

The secret of happiness is the realization
that life is a gift, not a right.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Find a quiet place and listen. It should be very quiet. The only sound you should hear is your heart beating. Listen. Peer deep down inside your heart. Do you see someone that holds a special place in your heart? Maybe they have always been there when you needed them; maybe they offered words of encouragement; taught you a lesson; comforted you when you were sick; praised you on your accomplishments. Make this their lucky day.You have the POWER to spread happiness today. A quick note or a kind word is all it takes to bring a smile and lasting memory to someone very special.

Gary Harrington
I remember

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Evolution is a fact not a myth. It is an absolute fact. That doesnt exactly mean that there is no god, but a fact is a fact.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Another moment of Zen.. Ok 3...

http://youtu.be/2zeqtS1IOhs
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>"The Cross a symbol of male sex organ worship", and
I thought SP was the stupidest poster on here... It's a tie!
Calling people names is not a rebuttal to what I posted. You want to hang a shiny dildo around you neck go ahead and then show how blind and ignorant you are when historical evidence is presented.

KublaKhan rebuttal to your healing gifts claims using scriptural rebuttals and you're to brain washed to see that his understanding is supported by evidence that nothing supports what you preach today, yet you said he is without wisdom.

Have a MRI done on your head, you may have a tumor.
OuchmuhEyes

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
That was just plain deceptive, and NOT calm and zenlike lol.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh if It's on an X-tian website on the internet then it has to be the truth... You're beyond help, continue wasting your life fearing your imaginary friend "god"
Yep.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Calling people names is not a rebuttal to what I posted. You want to hang a shiny dildo around you neck go ahead and then show how blind and ignorant you are when historical evidence is presented.
KublaKhan rebuttal to your healing gifts claims using scriptural rebuttals and you're to brain washed to see that his understanding is supported by evidence that nothing supports what you preach today, yet you said he is without wisdom.
Hiya SS,

Religies are tumors.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

endtime wrote:
PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
See? It's not that hard to agree. We both agree he's wrong.

=)
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh if It's on an X-tian website on the internet then it has to be the truth... You're beyond help, continue wasting your life fearing your imaginary friend "god"
"You're beyond help"
You're Not!

"wasting your life"
That's what I was doing BEFORE!

"fearing your imaginary friend"
Respecting the Creator of Everything... My Pleasure!
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
Arrrrgh!
You should give a warning!
You just cannot un-see something!
Was kinda funny though...
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Stupid is stupid!
Our Cross is a symbol of what Christ suffered for US...
Nothing more!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,021 - 90,040 of127,772
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 46 min Cornelius Scudmister 144,606
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 1 hr FarePrey 362
Brooke (Teeth) (Oct '09) 2 hr Wow 29
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Educated Hillbilly 26,160
Do people still cruise the strip on weekends? 6 hr Nope 9
KC Basketball Coach 7 hr Well 46
Melissa Collett (May '12) 7 hr Mad 45
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••