Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
89,981 - 90,000 of 130,316 Comments Last updated 30 min ago

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Big Truck wrote:
Fairy tales are for entertainment. Teach facts to kids if you want them to learn...
I think most of them are fairy's too. I think the big bad wolf was a dork and the old woman that lived in a shoe was a ho.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy Two Shoes wrote:
Well, in light of the face that politically correct secularism has fallen flat on its face, actually creating a generation of angry, selfish, drones that, if able to take the helm of this country someday, will likely reduce us to a third world country; the Bible might be the only thing that could right the ship.
When the bible, and the church was in power we call that time period the dark ages because human progress went backwards.
At least now we do not tell children the world is flat

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy Two Shoes wrote:
Well, in light of the face that politically correct secularism has fallen flat on its face, actually creating a generation of angry, selfish, drones that, if able to take the helm of this country someday, will likely reduce us to a third world country; the Bible might be the only thing that could right the ship.
Please tell me how secularism has fallen flat? By sending an exploration vehicle to mars? By great leaps in medical science?
You make a false statement to support an invalid argument
:)

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Agree

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

The earth is not flat
Good

Wooton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Good idea

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
The earth is not flat
Not the whole thing but in some places it is....
Sooner

Wooton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

The sooner the better

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
The earth is not flat
Oh yes the earth is flat Satan Daddy. Ain't you ever heard of the four corners of the earth? Man, that's worse than pie R square. Some crazy folks can't get nothin right. Looks like you got a new monkeyear. Is that a Prolly Parrot settin on your table? Cool man cool. Do you allow fartin in your Satan church?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Willfulignorancepraktise wrote:
<quoted text>
Overheard in the pwetend cwassroom uf...
"Naunt anh...no way...yo' a 'lying...you just warntin to do dat dar inDUHawkreenashun stuff...we nose dat cuz we is SMERT, we is as SMERT as yew Q"....
Danbury Cattails in the corner pocket lol.
Said the smartest person in Somerset

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)
so true

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Well I usually post something great , but maybe things arent as great as they we want them to be.. So to the other side..
There will be storms, child
There will be storms
And with each tempest
You will seem to stand alone
Against cruel winds

But with time, the rage and fury
Shall subside
And when the sky clears
You will find yourself
Clinging to someone
You would have never known
But for storms.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)
Nice sermon, Satan Daddy. Now can we have the coloring books and crayons?
Humanity

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Teach it as literature or history. There alot of great stories in the bible no matter if you are religious or not. Or you could possibly offer a religion course as an elective but not a requirement. But, you would need to teach about many different religions and tell stories by comparing contrasting stories from different religions. Like the story of Noah from the christian bible and the story of Giglamesh from the Koran. That would be a good compromise.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Humanity wrote:
Teach it as literature or history. There alot of great stories in the bible no matter if you are religious or not. Or you could possibly offer a religion course as an elective but not a requirement. But, you would need to teach about many different religions and tell stories by comparing contrasting stories from different religions. Like the story of Noah from the christian bible and the story of Giglamesh from the Koran. That would be a good compromise.
The problem is that they would not stop there. They would pick and choose rather than teach the truth and they would teach it as fact. They would use peer pressure and a punishment reward system to brain wash children in to their cult
Humanity

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Oh no, that is a bit dramatic. They could just teach the history and stories from all kinds of religion. That is how it is done in college. It would not be taught as religion see and that way it would not offend anyone with different beliefs. In college, I took several relgion courses. We studied the history of christianity, catholic, prodastant, all kinds of denominations, ancient egyption religion, ancient greek mythology, and it was facinating. There is so much history to all of it. This would be the only way to get folks on board. The kids would simply be learning history. Then if you wanted your child to study your denomination in a more religious outlook, you could take them to sunday school or however your religion does that. The kid would already know some of the history and you could build on it. They will learn all this stuff in college anyway. The first paper I had to write in college was on ancient egyption religion. My goodness, that was a hard paper to write. They had a god for everything. lol I got an A though. But it was interesting and through all those courses I never once joined a cult. It helped me to better understand religion. Just a history class, nothing more.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Humanity wrote:
Oh no, that is a bit dramatic. They could just teach the history and stories from all kinds of religion. That is how it is done in college. It would not be taught as religion see and that way it would not offend anyone with different beliefs. In college, I took several relgion courses. We studied the history of christianity, catholic, prodastant, all kinds of denominations, ancient egyption religion, ancient greek mythology, and it was facinating. There is so much history to all of it. This would be the only way to get folks on board. The kids would simply be learning history. Then if you wanted your child to study your denomination in a more religious outlook, you could take them to sunday school or however your religion does that. The kid would already know some of the history and you could build on it. They will learn all this stuff in college anyway. The first paper I had to write in college was on ancient egyption religion. My goodness, that was a hard paper to write. They had a god for everything. lol I got an A though. But it was interesting and through all those courses I never once joined a cult. It helped me to better understand religion. Just a history class, nothing more.
My wife took a worlds religions course in college. However there is a difference in presenting the different religions to a college student and teaching the bible to young children.
The people pushing this have the agenda to teach the bible as fact and Christianity as the only true religion. They want to indoctrinate young minds with their idea's and beliefs.
If a class on worlds religions where to be properly taught in school there would be more children questioning the christian cult

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

I am always asked why do I bash and attack the christian cult? Why can't I let them believe what they believe and forget about it.
There are two reasons, one the christian cult members try to force their beliefs on to every one and every thing in our society,
and two the number of threats and hate filled comments we recieve has put me in a state of mind to fire back.
Turn about is fair play
BURN THE CHURCHES!
BURN THE CHRISTIANS AT THE STAKE!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

How is it that I can label the christian religion a cult? Simple, they deny others the very rights that they claim for themselves
Humanity

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>My wife took a worlds religions course in college. However there is a difference in presenting the different religions to a college student and teaching the bible to young children.
The people pushing this have the agenda to teach the bible as fact and Christianity as the only true religion. They want to indoctrinate young minds with their idea's and beliefs.
If a class on worlds religions where to be properly taught in school there would be more children questioning the christian cult
Its a shame they cant compromise. The history of religion is facinating, but u cant force religion down peoples throats. That is the definition of a cult. Its better to be open minded and u might find that u can learn something from them all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
compter parts 1 hr travis 1
laptops 1 hr travis 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr UidiotRaceMakeWor... 150,268
Charmaine 4 hr wow 4
Churches 4 hr Neighbor 6
Need Prayer 4 hr Neighbor 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 5 hr well 16,127

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••