Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
89,921 - 89,940 of 130,451 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Just Me

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

There is nothing new under the sun but the there has been a significant change with in the last generation. Young adults have no limits they disrespect themselves and others. The moral value has declined along with their lack of work ethics. Who or what is to blame, parents who neglect to teach good behavior and religious values. United States was founded upon God, it's a shame how it has changed. The truth is everyone wants to live forever in control of their health, wealth and prosperity. People think they are Gods who control the happenings in this world. For a space of time man will plan and prosper but in a blink of an eye the hands will change the roll tide. I have seen and heard a lot in my day. People will decide what to believe as it accommodates the desires of their hearts. Those who choose not to believe or look away from the truth understand but pretend to not see. The truth is out there!!! You already believe!!!
Doubter

Victorville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Just me wrote: "There is nothing new under the sun but the there has been a significant change with in the last generation. Young adults have no limits they disrespect themselves and others. The moral value has declined along with their lack of work ethics. Who or what is to blame, parents who neglect to teach good behavior and religious values."

I agree about the younger generation. My daughter and her disrespectful friends are prime examples.
I guess I royally screwed up by not teaching her "religious values", although I tried, I failed.

“Statism is slavery”

Since: Jan 13

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
There is nothing new under the sun but the there has been a significant change with in the last generation. Young adults have no limits they disrespect themselves and others. The moral value has declined along with their lack of work ethics. Who or what is to blame, parents who neglect to teach good behavior and religious values. United States was founded upon God, it's a shame how it has changed. The truth is everyone wants to live forever in control of their health, wealth and prosperity. People think they are Gods who control the happenings in this world. For a space of time man will plan and prosper but in a blink of an eye the hands will change the roll tide. I have seen and heard a lot in my day. People will decide what to believe as it accommodates the desires of their hearts. Those who choose not to believe or look away from the truth understand but pretend to not see. The truth is out there!!! You already believe!!!
I agree with all of this except the historic inaccuracy. This country was founded on freedom. NOT God. Not all our founders were Christian. Jefferson, Franklin, and Paine of which were deists. Even the most Christian of our founding fathers, John Jay and John Adams opposed state religion. They put more emphasis on "freedom" in "freedom of religion" than in "religion".

And religiously, most of them were part of the Enlightenment and Protestant movements. And Protestants believe in autonomy, not earthly authority. This country was NOT founded on God. The Declaration of Independence used the word, Creator, not God. The Constitution nor its precursor, the Articles of Confederation, weren't religious. Even the Treaty of Tripoli (written by Jefferson, and signed into law by a very Christian founder, Adams) denounces the United States as a Christian nation.

And I can go on and on...

Learning history is very valuable.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
And why should young people, or any one, live their life the way you would tell them too? They do not have to bow down to you.
Respect? Earn it. But just because some one has different idea's than you does not make them wrong, it is your thinking that is wrong

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with all of this except the historic inaccuracy. This country was founded on freedom. NOT God. Not all our founders were Christian. Jefferson, Franklin, and Paine of which were deists. Even the most Christian of our founding fathers, John Jay and John Adams opposed state religion. They put more emphasis on "freedom" in "freedom of religion" than in "religion".
And religiously, most of them were part of the Enlightenment and Protestant movements. And Protestants believe in autonomy, not earthly authority. This country was NOT founded on God. The Declaration of Independence used the word, Creator, not God. The Constitution nor its precursor, the Articles of Confederation, weren't religious. Even the Treaty of Tripoli (written by Jefferson, and signed into law by a very Christian founder, Adams) denounces the United States as a Christian nation.
And I can go on and on...
Learning history is very valuable.
Thank you for being honest
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid can you be? The fact that you shot 3 syringes of meth proves your level of stupidity. This brings into question your ability to make informed decisions. Its no surprise you need to rely on your imaginary friends to comfort you. I'm guessing you didn't do anything wrong that would make someone shoot you twice. What were god's angels doing while the paramedics, emts, nurses & doctors were busy watching over you and saving your life? You say you've been a believer since a young age but you think I'm the one who should renew my mind. It sounds like the beliefs you've always had led you through a pretty screwed up life. Look at yourself in the mirror while you read your posts... I bet you can't even make yourself believe the nonsense you spew.
Believe whatever you want to... Even you'll know the truth soon!
Have a great day!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the Story... He had the bullets pass through his body and not hurt him. No Bullet holes.. It's a Miracle .. Say Halleluiah!
It is a miracle... You know guns,
You've had bullets wiz past yer heard, you know my story!
There is no way for the bullets to get to the back of my jacket
without passing through me! No sound of a bullet passing my ears, only the pop of the .22 (SS remington... my first gun)!
Take a laser pointer, tape in on a broom handle (I don't want you shooting anything), put a mirror on the ceiling, stand dead under it, and aim.... No way to get 2 lead lines down yer back 1/4" apart starting at yer shoulder blades!
Why?
God Knows!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
If you promise not to Pray in my School..... I'll promise not to Think in your Church.
Considering 3/4 of all humans believe in a higher power, and 99% of scientists think there is an alternate universe...
I'd say you've chosen Not to think at all!
Good luck with that!
Ye of lil Understanding

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm assuming you and "How Stupid Can You Be" are the same person, so I'll reply to this post, instead of each one separately.
Then go heal someone with your touch. Cure someone of their disease. If what you say is true and you're a believer, you have all the powers given to the Apostles to do such things. It wouldn't come and go, you'd always have it until you died. For that matter, if all believers had this power, we wouldn't need faith, would we? We'd see miracles done everyday, done by people who believe.
No one walking the Earth today can cast out demons, heal with their touch or perform any other "miracle". That power was given to the Apostles to prove to the people what they said was true. Once they died, the power to do such things was gone.
Yes it's me! We had a troll a while back, so I cycle through my handles depending on who I'm talking to!
Did not the desciples return with a kid that "They" could not help?
IF the power was Given Only by Jesus to Only by them...
Why then did they have trouble? They did a lot in Jesus' name...
You can too!
I'll lead you to awmi.net Andrew Wommack is a Good teacher!

I did cast out demons, and IF you'd have been there... you'd have no doubt!

Jesus is no liar, and I'll follow Him!

BTW Have you prayed for Wisdom yet? When I did...
Things fell into place (not all, but many)!
God Bless :-)
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
Psalms 137:9 ?
Psalms 137 1-9
137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yes, we wept,
when we remembered Zion.
137:2 We hung our harps upon the willows in the midst of it.
137:3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us
a song; and they that wasted us [required of us] mirth,
[saying], Sing us [one] of the songs of Zion.
137:4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a foreign land?
137:5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget
[her skill].
137:6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the
roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
137:7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of
Jerusalem; who said, Raze [it], raze [it],[even] to its
foundation.
137:8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy
[shall he be], that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
137:9 Happy [shall he be], that taketh and dasheth thy little
ones against the stones.

I doubt you can tell us why this was written, but do
take a crack at it!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
"Born Again ? No thanks, I was born right the first time"
Whatever you want to believe!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
"Going to Church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a Garage makes you a Car."
WOW...
You finally said something true!
Good for you!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Doubter wrote:
Just me wrote: "There is nothing new under the sun but the there has been a significant change with in the last generation. Young adults have no limits they disrespect themselves and others. The moral value has declined along with their lack of work ethics. Who or what is to blame, parents who neglect to teach good behavior and religious values."
My kids when through a time of doubt (one still going through it)
Just Live what you believe, Pray, and they'll see it in you!
God's Blessings to you, and Trust in the Lord!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
Great post!
God Bless :-)
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

You all have great, safe, and dry day!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It is a miracle... You know guns,
You've had bullets wiz past yer heard, you know my story!
There is no way for the bullets to get to the back of my jacket
without passing through me! No sound of a bullet passing my ears, only the pop of the .22 (SS remington... my first gun)!
Take a laser pointer, tape in on a broom handle (I don't want you shooting anything), put a mirror on the ceiling, stand dead under it, and aim.... No way to get 2 lead lines down yer back 1/4" apart starting at yer shoulder blades!
Why?
God Knows!
I Do Not Know the specifics of your story... I do Know Guns and ballistics... I do Know that dope makes people see things that go bump in the night... I also know that two .22 rounds Did Not Pass through your body without causing damage.... Delusional People often think their delusions are reality.... Thinking so does not make it so....
GodIsAnEyeball

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Doubter wrote:
Wow, that's sad for you. As a mom of three, I'm proud of all my children. They're very thoughtful, very caring and very accepting of others and the differences in individuality that everyone has, as well as Very giving of themselves and their time, work hard when need be... and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.
GodIsAnEyeball

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And why should young people, or any one, live their life the way you would tell them too? They do not have to bow down to you.
Respect? Earn it. But just because some one has different idea's than you does not make them wrong, it is your thinking that is wrong
You should've heard what they said when the Beatles first made the scenes :-).....

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

GodIsAnEyeball wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's sad for you. As a mom of three, I'm proud of all my children. They're very thoughtful, very caring and very accepting of others and the differences in individuality that everyone has, as well as Very giving of themselves and their time, work hard when need be... and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.
That is beautiful. I agree.
My only son has grown into a wonderful, responsible, loving adult.
No drugs, no alcohol, no crimes or jail, no disrespect, no STDs....
He never made me worry.

And all without any religious nonsense whatsoever.
Just taught him good ethics and morals...and set a good example since I actually LIVED by those lessons.

It's great to have good kids, isn't it?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything in that statement is true, but I would have you read carefully the last four words in the first quote:
"... until everything is accomplished."
There are 58 words in the verse,

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished".

and the last four are all that matter, just a little cherry pickin, maybe?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tommy golden 22 min one who knows 29
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 24 min hmmmm 1,071
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr wtf 151,029
Travis slushpup 4 hr Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr yourmommm 1,048
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 7 hr yep 15
union 8 hr curious 7
•••
•••
•••