Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,497)

Showing posts 89,921 - 89,940 of122,555
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You keep saying that jesus saved you. Why couldn't you be a man and save yourself?
I saved myself. I saved myself from delusion and lies
Hold that thought!
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And what law did jesus give? To love god above all else and love your neighbor as you love yourself? Church people fall short of that, especially when money/wealth is involved.(My wifes mother claims you are not a good christian if you make less than $50,000 a year, her brother the deacon claims any one who is not rich can not go to heaven)
Well, There's yer problem!
You gage all Christians by yer Mother, and this Decon!
We don't care about yer money... Just yer soul!
How stupid can you be

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a delsional, weak-minded, low-information follower.
You keep Praying..... I'll keep Evolving.
WOW!
Mark this date down!
I've never been called a
"low-information follower" before!
What's that mean to you?
How stupid can you be

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
Mark 16:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mark 16:17-18 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.
I would like to suggest Ani-Freeze & Cobras..... Then you can heal one another with your magic hands.
I have cast demons out!
I guess, since I truly believed in God, and Jesus at an early age,
God's Angels have been watching over me, as I've had 2 .22 cal
bullets pass through me, and shot 3 syringes of meth... bang,
bang, bang.... Felt my heart stop, and here today to tell you,
God IS Real!
You are just ignorant of that fact!
I Hope you renew yer mind!
Ye of lil Understanding

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is talking about his Apostles here. Anyone that tells you God talks to him or that he hears God's voice is outright lying to you. The Apostles were endowed with these powers to prove to the people they came into contact with that what they were teaching was true. God doesn't act through people anymore, once the last Apostle died (John, if I recall correctly) that power passed from the Earth.
The "healers" you see on t.v.(Benny Hinn, for example) are full of garbage.
Yer a bit wrong on this....
But I understand if yer faith is not strong yet!
You do remember when Jesus was talking to His desciples about
the fig tree, He said "EVERYONE" that believed on Him,
would do ALL He done, and More!
I know you do not believe Jesus was a Liar!
Facts are this... God told me to look back in my life,
and see all the places where He saved my hide...
I did, and saw things that I didn't even realize, and
even was elected, I was proud of America voting in a Black guy...
He said for me to hold off on that pride, and the very next day
Obama started showing his True colors, and getting worse everyday!
God does speak to ya... If yer listening.... Listen!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews - 8:11|
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>"In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."
Imagine that. God can decide a covenant can become obsolete, yet the NRA says it can't.
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Wings of a Dove wrote:
Many religions..One God..Ephesians Chapter 4. Religion is to practice something over and over. Christianity is not merely a religion. It is a oneness with Christ. I in Him and He in I. Only one living God. None other besides Him. No where in the Bible does it say we are to respect other faiths or other gods or to tell our brothers and sisters that any religion you want to practice is ok. That would be considered whoring. God says to have no other gods before Him. He says He is a jealous God. If and I do say if you are a Christian you will tell people the truth. Jesus Christ, the Way, the Truth and the Life. By no other name gived can man be saved. The Bible says "The prophets were until John". As for healing it plainly tells If there is any sick among you to call for the elders of the Church to come" ETC.(Just trying to hit on a little I have read here.) Of course God still works through His people. What other vessel would He use to carry out His work on Earth? The "gifts of the Spirit" have ceased, but Jesus said to ask anything in His name FAITH BELIEVING and it shall be given us. "Let God be True and every man a liar". If I call myself a Christian and cannot stand for God's truth I will throw down the sword and go to the house. It is a fight till death.
Amen!
Great post!

you might like
awmi.net
Good people there!
God Bless :-)
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
Another Moment of Zen .....(Just to mellow the tensions)
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8...
Nice...
Thanks!
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
With what? Your wham o air blaster. LOL!!
WOW!
You remember the Blaster? LOL
Neat toy, my friend had the bazooka model...
I guess it was dangerous to ears...
Do you remember Flubber too?
That was cool stuff!
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
With faith, you can move mountains. Apparently, mountains have a lot more faith in staying put.
Faith is cancled out by just a lil doubt!
Why do you think that even Jesus had to clear the room of doubters
to do His work?
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said earlier, I was running short on time and couldn't give the verses you seek.
Hebrews - 8:7| <quoted text>
So that clearly says that a second covenant was to be made. But what about the first?(The Law of Moses)
Hebrews - 8:11| <quoted text>
So, the old covenant was old and was to be done away and a new and better covenant would come into existence. Jesus made that covenant with His blood on the Cross.
Hebrews, Chapter 8th contains more verses concerning the matter:
http://kingjbible.com/hebrews/8.htm
So what happens to the gentiles that died before the second covenant came into existance. Are the gentiles who committed worship idols sacrifice, children to moloch and other sins in hell-fire are they just in the grave asleep?
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

redo.

So what happens to the gentiles that died before the second covenant came into existence. Are the gentiles who committed idol worship, sacrifice children to moloch and other sins in hell-fire are they just in the grave asleep?
Yes and Amen

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Good night, and God Bless!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid can you be? The fact that you shot 3 syringes of meth proves your level of stupidity. This brings into question your ability to make informed decisions. Its no surprise you need to rely on your imaginary friends to comfort you. I'm guessing you didn't do anything wrong that would make someone shoot you twice. What were god's angels doing while the paramedics, emts, nurses & doctors were busy watching over you and saving your life? You say you've been a believer since a young age but you think I'm the one who should renew my mind. It sounds like the beliefs you've always had led you through a pretty screwed up life. Look at yourself in the mirror while you read your posts... I bet you can't even make yourself believe the nonsense you spew.
You missed the Story... He had the bullets pass through his body and not hurt him. No Bullet holes.. It's a Miracle .. Say Halleluiah!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
So what happens to the gentiles that died before the second covenant came into existance. Are the gentiles who committed worship idols sacrifice, children to moloch and other sins in hell-fire are they just in the grave asleep?
I don't know.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Yer a bit wrong on this....
But I understand if yer faith is not strong yet!
You do remember when Jesus was talking to His desciples about
the fig tree, He said "EVERYONE" that believed on Him,
would do ALL He done, and More!
I know you do not believe Jesus was a Liar!
Facts are this... God told me to look back in my life,
and see all the places where He saved my hide...
I did, and saw things that I didn't even realize, and
even was elected, I was proud of America voting in a Black guy...
He said for me to hold off on that pride, and the very next day
Obama started showing his True colors, and getting worse everyday!
God does speak to ya... If yer listening.... Listen!
I'm assuming you and "How Stupid Can You Be" are the same person, so I'll reply to this post, instead of each one separately.

Then go heal someone with your touch. Cure someone of their disease. If what you say is true and you're a believer, you have all the powers given to the Apostles to do such things. It wouldn't come and go, you'd always have it until you died. For that matter, if all believers had this power, we wouldn't need faith, would we? We'd see miracles done everyday, done by people who believe.

No one walking the Earth today can cast out demons, heal with their touch or perform any other "miracle". That power was given to the Apostles to prove to the people what they said was true. Once they died, the power to do such things was gone.
Just Me

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

There is nothing new under the sun but the there has been a significant change with in the last generation. Young adults have no limits they disrespect themselves and others. The moral value has declined along with their lack of work ethics. Who or what is to blame, parents who neglect to teach good behavior and religious values. United States was founded upon God, it's a shame how it has changed. The truth is everyone wants to live forever in control of their health, wealth and prosperity. People think they are Gods who control the happenings in this world. For a space of time man will plan and prosper but in a blink of an eye the hands will change the roll tide. I have seen and heard a lot in my day. People will decide what to believe as it accommodates the desires of their hearts. Those who choose not to believe or look away from the truth understand but pretend to not see. The truth is out there!!! You already believe!!!
Doubter

Phelan, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Just me wrote: "There is nothing new under the sun but the there has been a significant change with in the last generation. Young adults have no limits they disrespect themselves and others. The moral value has declined along with their lack of work ethics. Who or what is to blame, parents who neglect to teach good behavior and religious values."

I agree about the younger generation. My daughter and her disrespectful friends are prime examples.
I guess I royally screwed up by not teaching her "religious values", although I tried, I failed.

“Statism is slavery”

Since: Jan 13

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
There is nothing new under the sun but the there has been a significant change with in the last generation. Young adults have no limits they disrespect themselves and others. The moral value has declined along with their lack of work ethics. Who or what is to blame, parents who neglect to teach good behavior and religious values. United States was founded upon God, it's a shame how it has changed. The truth is everyone wants to live forever in control of their health, wealth and prosperity. People think they are Gods who control the happenings in this world. For a space of time man will plan and prosper but in a blink of an eye the hands will change the roll tide. I have seen and heard a lot in my day. People will decide what to believe as it accommodates the desires of their hearts. Those who choose not to believe or look away from the truth understand but pretend to not see. The truth is out there!!! You already believe!!!
I agree with all of this except the historic inaccuracy. This country was founded on freedom. NOT God. Not all our founders were Christian. Jefferson, Franklin, and Paine of which were deists. Even the most Christian of our founding fathers, John Jay and John Adams opposed state religion. They put more emphasis on "freedom" in "freedom of religion" than in "religion".

And religiously, most of them were part of the Enlightenment and Protestant movements. And Protestants believe in autonomy, not earthly authority. This country was NOT founded on God. The Declaration of Independence used the word, Creator, not God. The Constitution nor its precursor, the Articles of Confederation, weren't religious. Even the Treaty of Tripoli (written by Jefferson, and signed into law by a very Christian founder, Adams) denounces the United States as a Christian nation.

And I can go on and on...

Learning history is very valuable.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Just Me wrote:
And why should young people, or any one, live their life the way you would tell them too? They do not have to bow down to you.
Respect? Earn it. But just because some one has different idea's than you does not make them wrong, it is your thinking that is wrong

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,921 - 89,940 of122,555
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min freelancehobo 138,346
lamon jones 14 min answer 7
Earl Carter (Jun '09) 54 min wondering 27
Would love to have a female to HUG and SNUGGLE ... 55 min guss the Tinkerbelle 7
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr SLY WEST 3,680
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SLY WEST 3,429
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr redeemer 25,959
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 2 hr desperado 12
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 9:59AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••