Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,906

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Humanity

Bellevue, WA

#93994 Jan 13, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>My wife took a worlds religions course in college. However there is a difference in presenting the different religions to a college student and teaching the bible to young children.
The people pushing this have the agenda to teach the bible as fact and Christianity as the only true religion. They want to indoctrinate young minds with their idea's and beliefs.
If a class on worlds religions where to be properly taught in school there would be more children questioning the christian cult
Its a shame they cant compromise. The history of religion is facinating, but u cant force religion down peoples throats. That is the definition of a cult. Its better to be open minded and u might find that u can learn something from them all.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#93996 Jan 13, 2013
Pentagon leaders have suggested the possibility remains that no troops will stay in Afghanistan after 2014 should Karzai not agree to a deal granting immunity to U.S. troops from Afghan laws.

Obama supported those statements saying "it will not be possible for us to have any kind of U.S. troop presence post-2014" without such an agreement.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#93997 Jan 13, 2013
Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
Pentagon leaders have suggested the possibility remains that no troops will stay in Afghanistan after 2014 should Karzai not agree to a deal granting immunity to U.S. troops from Afghan laws.
Obama supported those statements saying "it will not be possible for us to have any kind of U.S. troop presence post-2014" without such an agreement.
That's cool spaceship dude, but why don't you fly over Afganistan and blast the camel humpers? You really don't have a spaceship do you? That other spaceship dude had a picture of his ride. Don't tell me you have your cloaking device on either.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#93998 Jan 13, 2013
Studying the bible helps children learn how to become moral adults. Atheism can't teach you how to be good.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#93999 Jan 13, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is that they would not stop there. They would pick and choose rather than teach the truth and they would teach it as fact. They would use peer pressure and a punishment reward system to brain wash children in to their cult
Satan Daddy, what do you to brain wash folks? You ain't come up with anything worth a schitt yet.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#94003 Jan 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Studying the bible helps children learn how to become moral adults. Atheism can't teach you how to be good.
I am a better person than any christian and that with out the threats.
The christian cult does not teach good morals, unless lying is a good moral, they teach children to be subservant
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94004 Jan 13, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I Do Not Know the specifics of your story... I do Know Guns and ballistics... I do Know that dope makes people see things that go bump in the night... I also know that two .22 rounds Did Not Pass through your body without causing damage.... Delusional People often think their delusions are reality.... Thinking so does not make it so....
Hahahaha!
I was Not stoned when...
I was shooting, it was before I even knew what pot was!
Nor When the Lord told me to look back at my life!
And I've been clean since 05!
I know ballistics too, and there is NO way for this to happen!
You can think me delusional if ya want...
To use your words...
"Thinking so does not make it so...."
Hmmmmmm!
"I also know that two .22 rounds Did Not Pass through your body"
I know otherwise!:-)
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94005 Jan 13, 2013
jeffthecheeseman wrote:
If I leave you alone about my religious beliefs, why do you feel you must pester my kids in their school? Why can't you just let families make their own decisions about God? Isn't that, after all , what this country is about? Why should my tax dollars go to support a religion that I don't think my kids should be exposed to?
Not forcing you to do anything!
It's called rules for Bible study, Not Religious study, Not Christian study!
The Bible is History of the Jews, and formed the United States!
If a kid gets more out of it... it's up to God!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94006 Jan 13, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no it doesn't. It states the government will not respect one religion above another and that a religion will not be a qualification for service in the government.
Last line of Article VI:
<quoted text>
First Amendment:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, Yet we make them place their hand on the Bible, and sware to get into office, or become a citizen!
I guess one Bible wasn't good enough to make Obama tell the truth
the last time... He's using two this time!
MLK wouldn't like him touching his Bible with his dirty hands!
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#94007 Jan 13, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
The only religion that uses a symbol for their religion that was a form of execution is the christian cult with its cross. You do not see other religions wearing hang mans noose or gallows, or the guillotine do you? Crucifixion was a very inhumane form of execution and this is what the christian cult uses to as a symbol for what they stand for. Tells you something about the christians love for blood
Thanks again!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94008 Jan 13, 2013
Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cross a symbol of male sex organ worship.
The people of the ancient lands used the cross in worship, some, like the Egyptians used it in Phallus worship, or, worship of the male sex organ. It was used as a symbol of fertility.
"Various figures of crosses are found everywhere on Egyptian monuments and tombs, and are considered by many authorities as symbolical either of the phallus [a representation of the male sex organ] or of coition.... In Egyptian tombs the crux ansata [cross with a circle or handle on top] is found side by side with the phallus." A Short History of Sex-Worship (London, 1940), H. Cutner, pp. 16, 17; see also The Non-Christian Cross, p. 183.
So you could say it's irony that Jesus would support a wearing of a symbol of sex worship from pagan religions he opposed.
"The Cross a symbol of male sex organ worship", and
I thought SP was the stupidest poster on here... It's a tie!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94009 Jan 13, 2013
Big Truck wrote:
Fairy tales are for entertainment. Teach facts to kids if you want them to learn...
Hahahahaahahahaha!
You mean like the fairy tale of Evilution?
That thar is funny!
alb

Columbia, KY

#94010 Jan 13, 2013
I agree., say a prayer every morning before class. Who in their right mind wouldnt.
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#94012 Jan 13, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
I am always asked why do I bash and attack the christian cult? Why can't I let them believe what they believe and forget about it.
There are two reasons, one the christian cult members try to force their beliefs on to every one and every thing in our society,
and two the number of threats and hate filled comments we recieve has put me in a state of mind to fire back.
Turn about is fair play
BURN THE CHURCHES!
BURN THE CHRISTIANS AT THE STAKE!
We just tell you the Truth...
What you do with it is up to you!
and
Thanks again!:-)
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#94013 Jan 13, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
How is it that I can label the christian religion a cult? Simple, they deny others the very rights that they claim for themselves
I've told you to believe whatever you want more times than I can count!
Sooooo this statement proves yer a Liar!
Thanks again!
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#94014 Jan 13, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am a better person than any christian and that with out the threats.
The christian cult does not teach good morals, unless lying is a good moral, they teach children to be subservant
Hahahahaha!
You sure sound like it... NOT!
Lying must be a "Good" moral for you... you do so much of it!
and
Thanks again!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94015 Jan 13, 2013
You all have a Blessed night,
and watch out for flooding...
the crik is out!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94018 Jan 14, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR ! You're Spreading LIES ! The United States was not formed by the bible. It was formed by mostly Deists and Agnostic founders seeking freedom FROM religion. Check your facts, you're making yourself look like an uneducated bible thumpper.
"Religion is the incarnation of the most childish superstitions" ~Albert Einstein
"The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion." ~Thomas Paine
-
"Liar"?
Really? you ought to read up on it!
Here's a link for you...
Just don't want you to look ignorant when you post!

http://christianity.about.com/od/independence...
Good day :-)
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94019 Jan 14, 2013
George Washington
1st U.S. President

"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian."
--The Writings of Washington, pp. 342-343.
John Adams
2nd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be."
--Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.
Thomas Jefferson
3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

"I am a real Christian that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.
Just a couple for the Ignorant!
Have a great day :-)
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94020 Jan 14, 2013
On the side...
Here's one from John Smith...
"honour is our lives ambition"

"Then seeing that we are not borne for our selves, but each to helpe other, and our abilities are much alike at the houre of our birth, and the minute of our death: Seeing our good deeds, or our badde, by faith in Christs merits, is all we have to carrie our soules to heaven, or hell: Seeing honour is our lives ambition; and our ambition after death, to have have an honorable memorie of our life: and seeing noe meanes wee would bee abated of the dignities and glories of our Predecessors; let us imitate their virtues to be worthily their successors".from the conclusion of Smith's A description of New England (1615;1:361)

God Blessed America, then we turned our back on Him...
With lies, hatred, anger, and debouchery!
Glory to God...!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
truck payments 39 min what 15
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 44 min sick of it 10
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 51 min worried 222
To the Garland family 57 min lmao 6
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 1 hr lmao 5
Brett 2 hr lololol 3
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 4 hr lol 13
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... Fri Get a life 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Fri billy 183
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night