Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#93846 Jan 9, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
Mark 16:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mark 16:17-18 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.
I would like to suggest Ani-Freeze & Cobras..... Then you can heal one another with your magic hands.
Jesus is talking about his Apostles here. Anyone that tells you God talks to him or that he hears God's voice is outright lying to you. The Apostles were endowed with these powers to prove to the people they came into contact with that what they were teaching was true. God doesn't act through people anymore, once the last Apostle died (John, if I recall correctly) that power passed from the Earth.

The "healers" you see on t.v.(Benny Hinn, for example) are full of garbage.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#93847 Jan 10, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything in that statement is true, but I would have you read carefully the last four words in the first quote:
"... until everything is accomplished."
But everything will not be accomplished until the new Kingdom is here after all the things in the book of Revelations.
Have you considered that the "savior" the jews wanted was not a god but a warrior to lead them in battle against the Roman rulers?
Satanic Priest

Corbin, KY

#93848 Jan 10, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit! I will send the almighty Lord Satan to discuss this with you.
He couldn't talk much over the flushing sounds.

You hypos and your imaginary gods...
ANTHONY75

Corbin, KY

#93849 Jan 10, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll keep Evolving.
We can only hope so, since you're right at Cro-Magnon level now, I'd say improvement is in order.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#93850 Jan 10, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is talking about his Apostles here. Anyone that tells you God talks to him or that he hears God's voice is outright lying to you. The Apostles were endowed with these powers to prove to the people they came into contact with that what they were teaching was true. God doesn't act through people anymore, once the last Apostle died (John, if I recall correctly) that power passed from the Earth.
The "healers" you see on t.v.(Benny Hinn, for example) are full of garbage.
In biblical language, how would Jesus describe those that claim to have these powers from him? To decieve many by suggesting that they have this power through faith to make people believe that God is with them, then would this be considered a heresy by the bible to do so?

Can you quote the scriptures that support your undestanding?
Spaceship earth_ss

Corbin, KY

#93851 Jan 10, 2013
Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
In biblical language,...... Jesus......God....... the bible .....
We know YOU can quote the "scriptures" since you do it repeatedly day in and out.
You former Christian religious NUTS can quote it backwards in foreign tongue. LOL
Aren't hypocrites funny that way?

Location hidden

#93852 Jan 10, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>But everything will not be accomplished until the new Kingdom is here after all the things in the book of Revelations.
Have you considered that the "savior" the jews wanted was not a god but a warrior to lead them in battle against the Roman rulers?
I think (<) that's why the Jews killed Him. They were expecting someone to take revenge for them against the people who treated them badly. They were expecting someone to kick someone's ass. Instead they got a Savior that said: "love thine enemy". My opinion only, of course.

Jesus' accomplishments on Earth have finished, thus the old law was done away with.

Location hidden

#93853 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
In biblical language, how would Jesus describe those that claim to have these powers from him? To decieve many by suggesting that they have this power through faith to make people believe that God is with them, then would this be considered a heresy by the bible to do so?
You must remember the Apostles didn't have faith. They didn't need it. They walked, talked, touched and ate with Jesus. The people the Apostles came into contact with though or read their writings (the Bible) would have to have faith to believe what they were saying was true.

It was considered heresy, that's why most of the Apostles met cruel and very violent deaths, the same as Jesus.

I'm running short on time this morning, I'll expand on my thoughts later this afternoon.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#93854 Jan 10, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome and thank you. I would like to think I'm not a raving lunatic or a moron. As I said before, I respect your opinion and your choices. I don't agree with it, but I don't have to. The discussion could remain mature, without the name calling, but I'm afraid that it won't.
I have to admit, I am impressed. I knew there were Christians who "get it". However, they seemed to be quite few and far in between. In respecting another's opinion and choices, you have displayed a tolerance for which I give you much respect.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#93855 Jan 10, 2013
Many religions..One God..Ephesians Chapter 4. Religion is to practice something over and over. Christianity is not merely a religion. It is a oneness with Christ. I in Him and He in I. Only one living God. None other besides Him. No where in the Bible does it say we are to respect other faiths or other gods or to tell our brothers and sisters that any religion you want to practice is ok. That would be considered whoring. God says to have no other gods before Him. He says He is a jealous God. If and I do say if you are a Christian you will tell people the truth. Jesus Christ, the Way, the Truth and the Life. By no other name gived can man be saved. The Bible says "The prophets were until John". As for healing it plainly tells If there is any sick among you to call for the elders of the Church to come" ETC.(Just trying to hit on a little I have read here.) Of course God still works through His people. What other vessel would He use to carry out His work on Earth? The "gifts of the Spirit" have ceased, but Jesus said to ask anything in His name FAITH BELIEVING and it shall be given us. "Let God be True and every man a liar". If I call myself a Christian and cannot stand for God's truth I will throw down the sword and go to the house. It is a fight till death.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#93856 Jan 10, 2013
Another Moment of Zen .....(Just to mellow the tensions)

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#93857 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I think you should change your name to alter boy.
Man I think you mean altar boy. I don't do no sewing on clothes. I ain't no sissy. Me and Jesus are real men, we beat your butt.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#93858 Jan 10, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>And a liar.
You the liar dude. You watch the Benny Hinn show and love every minute of it. Ol' Benny does have some nice threads and thanks you for the donations dude.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#93860 Jan 10, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Man I think you mean altar boy. I don't do no sewing on clothes. I ain't no sissy. Me and Jesus are real men, we beat your butt.
With what? Your wham o air blaster. LOL!!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#93865 Jan 10, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
You must remember the Apostles didn't have faith. They didn't need it. They walked, talked, touched and ate with Jesus. The people the Apostles came into contact with though or read their writings (the Bible) would have to have faith to believe what they were saying was true.
It was considered heresy, that's why most of the Apostles met cruel and very violent deaths, the same as Jesus.
I'm running short on time this morning, I'll expand on my thoughts later this afternoon.
Thank you for your civility, yet my question remains unaddressed and unanswered. What verse(s) in the OT or NT does it SPECIFY that the Pentateuch, the Law of Moses in part or in whole, was repealed? Until that is clearly stated and defined, either ALL of those laws are still obligatory or ALL of them are rescinded.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#93866 Jan 10, 2013
Wings of a Dove wrote:
The "gifts of the Spirit" have ceased, but Jesus said to ask anything in His name FAITH BELIEVING and it shall be given us. "Let God be True and every man a liar".
If christians have faith enough, why can't they have the power to grow limbs on amputees? Faith appears to be subjective to only the believer since the results is not verifiable.

So faith has no accountablity, no testability, and cannot be scientifically verified, except for claims by the religious. Can you see how this places a dilemma on the person making a claim of faith to athiests.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#93867 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
If christians have faith enough, why can't they have the power to grow limbs on amputees? Faith appears to be subjective to only the believer since the results is not verifiable.
So faith has no accountablity, no testability, and cannot be scientifically verified, except for claims by the religious. Can you see how this places a dilemma on the person making a claim of faith to athiests.
With faith, you can move mountains. Apparently, mountains have a lot more faith in staying put.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#93868 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
With what? Your wham o air blaster. LOL!!
Hehehehe. That's funny.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#93872 Jan 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
With faith, you can move mountains. Apparently, mountains have a lot more faith in staying put.
Tinman dude, I'll be back later with some Gems of Wisdom for you. I don't want you to think I'm leaving you out.

Location hidden

#93875 Jan 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your civility, yet my question remains unaddressed and unanswered. What verse(s) in the OT or NT does it SPECIFY that the Pentateuch, the Law of Moses in part or in whole, was repealed? Until that is clearly stated and defined, either ALL of those laws are still obligatory or ALL of them are rescinded.
As I said earlier, I was running short on time and couldn't give the verses you seek.

Hebrews - 8:7|
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>"For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second."
So that clearly says that a second covenant was to be made. But what about the first?(The Law of Moses)

Hebrews - 8:11|
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>"In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."
So, the old covenant was old and was to be done away and a new and better covenant would come into existence. Jesus made that covenant with His blood on the Cross.

Hebrews, Chapter 8th contains more verses concerning the matter:
http://kingjbible.com/hebrews/8.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chamges to Topix? 11 min Archangel Oger 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 57 min Jay 155,437
Stealing from child's grave 2 hr gimme a nickle 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr Truth 7,184
Marica 1015 3 hr Looker 1
barbourville utitlities ripoff 5 hr Allison 6
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 5 hr former ho 5

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]