Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,901

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#93812 Jan 9, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>I have no doubts you love the guy...
I have loved a few myself!
I just know the truth of it, and now I love my wife, and VERY Happy!
You do whatever you want, believe whatever you want, but I Pray
You wake up to the Truth!
What you overlook in your "truth" however is that: God is love. Thus to actually and TRULY love someone is to know god. In admitting that there can be truly love between same sex partners, you admit that there is at least on some level, god in the midst.

A god that would condemn a person for loving, when it claims to be love incarnate, is not a god worthy of worship.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#93814 Jan 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Did jesus eat pork and shellfish?
That's because he was living under the Law of Moses, the law of the land, at the time.

Think about it. Jesus' law wouldn't come into effect until his death/burial/resurrection. So, he lived under the old law until that time.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#93815 Jan 9, 2013
KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you get hatred from the Bible, then you're not reading it right or even understanding it. God does NOT say it's okay to ban homosexuality. lol! The Bible teaches a lot about personal responsibility, not redistributing that responsibility.
I think many christians feel it is a mandate by God to fill the earth and multiply. Now you could make the case that men or women who do not engage in sex to have children are infact sinning as much as a those who have sex with the same gender and same results no offspring.

So what about those who has casual sex with opposite sex and has many children, are they full filling the madate to populate the earth and yet sinning?

There are stories in the bible were the man masturbates so he would not have children with his brothers wife (his brother had died) that commanded by God so he was put to death.

Here you could make the case that a person who masturbates is subject to hell-fire also because he is wasting his seed as evidence of the O.T.

Lot of things can eliminate a person from being saved it appears, so even those who believe they are right is subjective. The escape clause in the bible says "the wisdom of man is foolishness with God".........meaning my interpetation of the bible is the only truth.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#93816 Jan 9, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because he was living under the Law of Moses, the law of the land, at the time.
Think about it. Jesus' law wouldn't come into effect until his death/burial/resurrection. So, he lived under the old law until that time.
So when did he say "It's okay to eat catfish and pork, after I've ascended"? Is there a place where he published a line item veto of Deuteronomic and Mosaic Laws? I seem to have misplaced those particular passages. As I recall, he said something along the lines of "I did not come to abolish the Laws..."
It makes a lot more sense that the early Christian church turned a blind eye to what the heathen gentile converts were eating and then just quietly dropped the dietary constraints altogether. Just like they adopted Ishtar, Samhain, Yule, etc.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#93818 Jan 9, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about Matthew 5:17
Maybe you should actually read your bible.
But keep making things up to suit your lifestyle, it just proves that you know the bible is fiction

“There is no god”

War, WV

#93820 Jan 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
You all have a great day!:-)
You keep saying that jesus saved you. Why couldn't you be a man and save yourself?
I saved myself. I saved myself from delusion and lies

Location hidden

#93822 Jan 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So when did he say "It's okay to eat catfish and pork, after I've ascended"? Is there a place where he published a line item veto of Deuteronomic and Mosaic Laws? I seem to have misplaced those particular passages. As I recall, he said something along the lines of "I did not come to abolish the Laws..."
It makes a lot more sense that the early Christian church turned a blind eye to what the heathen gentile converts were eating and then just quietly dropped the dietary constraints altogether. Just like they adopted Ishtar, Samhain, Yule, etc.
I'll reply to you an Satanic Priest in this one reply, as to not (continually) clutter the thread.

Once Jesus' ascended back into Heaven, the Mosiac Laws no longer applied to the Jews. Jesus' ascension heralded a new law into the land, replacing the old law with his own.

On the Cross, Jesus said: "It is finished." (John 19:30) What was finished? His work, his teaching and preaching of the new law. His work was done here on Earth. He had finished bringing a new law to the people and was returning to Heaven.

However:

Until Jesus died he had to live under the old law. The laws God gave to Moses. Does that make sense? So, up until he returned to Heaven, Jesus lived under (and obeyed) the Mosiacal Law.

To Satanic Priest, why do sound angry towards me and insult me? I've done neither to you. I don't agree with your views, but I respect that you have them. I would like for you to return that respect.

Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#93823 Jan 9, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
KublaKhan, what's your take on how Jesus feels about celebrating his birthday on the 25th of december and celebrating Easter. Are there any demands in the bible that command us to do so? What if persons decide not celebrate them are they sinning?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#93824 Jan 9, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll reply to you an Satanic Priest in this one reply, as to not (continually) clutter the thread.
Once Jesus' ascended back into Heaven, the Mosiac Laws no longer applied to the Jews. Jesus' ascension heralded a new law into the land, replacing the old law with his own.
On the Cross, Jesus said: "It is finished." (John 19:30) What was finished? His work, his teaching and preaching of the new law. His work was done here on Earth. He had finished bringing a new law to the people and was returning to Heaven.
However:
Until Jesus died he had to live under the old law. The laws God gave to Moses. Does that make sense? So, up until he returned to Heaven, Jesus lived under (and obeyed) the Mosiacal Law.
To Satanic Priest, why do sound angry towards me and insult me? I've done neither to you. I don't agree with your views, but I respect that you have them. I would like for you to return that respect.
Did not mean it as an insult, most church people have not read the bible and get mad when I quote the bible and prove them wrong.(The batshit insane post was not meant for you) IF you truly believe your religion I will respect you but so many church people claim to be better than every one else because they go to church thst I am used to it.
I do however disagree with you. Jesus said that he did not come to change the laws. He did not say that once he has risen the laws would change, he never said that you could ignore the laws.
But I do not believe he even existed so..........
If you are not a hypocrite my words are not for you. I will not change your thinking and you will not change mine. So we are good unless you try to burn me at the stake.
I still say that the idea that you worship is a newly made religion and the god of the jewish people would be the most evil being if he where real.
I could be wrong but I have a chariot of iron so I am not worried about it.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#93825 Jan 9, 2013
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
And what law did jesus give? To love god above all else and love your neighbor as you love yourself? Church people fall short of that, especially when money/wealth is involved.(My wifes mother claims you are not a good christian if you make less than $50,000 a year, her brother the deacon claims any one who is not rich can not go to heaven)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#93826 Jan 9, 2013
If there is no separation of church and state in the Constitution than we can TAX the churches!
(Be careful what you wish for)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#93828 Jan 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And what law did jesus give? To love god above all else and love your neighbor as you love yourself? Church people fall short of that, especially when money/wealth is involved.(My wifes mother claims you are not a good christian if you make less than $50,000 a year, her brother the deacon claims any one who is not rich can not go to heaven)
Satan Daddy, you are going to keep on til' your mammy in law is going to skin you alive. All I can is, you better take on a second job.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#93829 Jan 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Did not mean it as an insult, most church people have not read the bible and get mad when I quote the bible and prove them wrong.(The batshit insane post was not meant for you) IF you truly believe your religion I will respect you but so many church people claim to be better than every one else because they go to church thst I am used to it.
I do however disagree with you. Jesus said that he did not come to change the laws. He did not say that once he has risen the laws would change, he never said that you could ignore the laws.
If you are not a hypocrite my words are not for you. I will not change your thinking and you will not change mine. So we are good unless you try to burn me at the stake.
I still say that the idea that you worship is a newly made religion and the god of the jewish people would be the most evil being if he where real.
A chariot of iron? I hope it's got rubber wheels. If lightning strikes that thing while you are in it, man you in deep doodie. We ain't payin' no tax on our Sunday School coloring books either. Naw.

Location hidden

#93830 Jan 9, 2013
Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
KublaKhan, what's your take on how Jesus feels about celebrating his birthday on the 25th of december and celebrating Easter. Are there any demands in the bible that command us to do so? What if persons decide not celebrate them are they sinning?
Nowhere in the Bible that I use (KJV) does it say Jesus was born in December. Christmas is a pagan holiday, created to draw in the heathens to church. According to the account of Jesus' birth in the Bible its much more likely He was born in the spring or fall rather than winter. It is my opinion that *everyday* should be a celebration of Jesus' life (and more importantly, his death) rather than confining it to a single day of the year.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#93831 Jan 9, 2013
Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
Spaceship dude you are gettin on my last nerve. Don't be messin' with Santa Claus time or the Easter Bunny cummin. Naw man you can be freakin' Scrooge if you wanna be. Jesus don't care. You just won't get any Christmas presents and the Easter Bunny will poop in your Easter Basket. Ha ha ha you will eat them thinkin' they are chocolate covered rasins. Good enough for you.

Location hidden

#93832 Jan 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Did not mean it as an insult, most church people have not read the bible and get mad when I quote the bible and prove them wrong.(The batshit insane post was not meant for you) IF you truly believe your religion I will respect you but so many church people claim to be better than every one else because they go to church thst I am used to it.
I'm no better (or worse) than you. Just a sinner.:)

Nope, the law could not be ignored. That's the problem the Jews had with Jesus in the first place. To them, he was a man who claimed to be God and they killed him. Even though their own prophets spoke of Jesus' return. While he was here, he had to obey God's Law (Law of Moses, as its called now). However, while he was here, he taught the people a new and better way, the law that we call the New Testament. Once he was finished, that law would take effect and the old law would pass from existence.

Since the Jews don't believe Jesus was ever here on Earth once, they still adhere to the old law and the majority of churches now have perverted and twisted the new law into something much more livable (in their opinion).

Location hidden

#93833 Jan 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And what law did jesus give? To love god above all else and love your neighbor as you love yourself? Church people fall short of that, especially when money/wealth is involved.(My wifes mother claims you are not a good christian if you make less than $50,000 a year, her brother the deacon claims any one who is not rich can not go to heaven)
Everyone falls short of that, Satanic Priest. In its simplest form, yes, that's the "gist" of Jesus' message to the Jews and Gentiles.

With respect to your mother-in-law and her brother, they're both crazy. Why would God care how much money you make on Earth? If he doesn't care about the body you're walking around in (remember, its just dirt) why would he care about the paper you have in your wallet?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#93835 Jan 9, 2013
According to the mythical tales in the kjv, jesus and god are one in the same, which indicates god is not only indecisive but highly irrational and inclined to sudden violence.

“There is no god.”

USA

#93836 Jan 9, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a delsional, weak-minded, low-information follower.
You keep Praying..... I'll keep Evolving.
And a liar.

“There is no god.”

USA

#93837 Jan 9, 2013
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished".

"until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law"

Word it any way you like, earth is still here and gods law holds sway.

If you are inclined to believe such non-sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
terry smith from the creek 1 hr wondering 4
Brett 2 hr sorry 2
To the Garland family 4 hr Friend 5
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 9 hr gator 15
Jason woolum (Jul '11) 11 hr buster hyman 13
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 13 hr Mee 3
poachers on davis bend (Nov '10) 14 hr take my word 19
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 17 hr Get a life 8
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:47 pm PST

NFL 1:47PM
'Sound FX' spies Manziel's meeting with Marvin Lewis
Yahoo! Sports 2:09 PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions