Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,489)

Showing posts 89,761 - 89,780 of123,236
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Leviathan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your own back pocket. Your moan back rocket.
You smoother than a cream pie sittin at the high rise.
Cruisin in my 5.0 with the lambswool seat & the hatchback window.
It's in your own back pocket piddle pants.
See I speak METH too just like u two fools.
Man you ain't right. I think a fart just exploded inside your head.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
That made you laugh out loud, Sal?
I insulted you. You said I was helpful, Christians prayed for me, and I'm nice.
You really let loose and got down and dirty with that one.
You answering yourself now, cool man.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Tan wrote:
People who focus on what they want, prosper. Those who don't, struggle.
Well, and get off their but and do something. Getting up off the couch helps to mske things work
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a breakdown in communication (among other things).
I never said that God isn't real. You can't prove something doesn't exist simply because there has never, ever been any evidence of it whatsoever. Likewise, you can't prove it exists simply on the basis of desiring it to be so with all of your "heart and soul".
The Breakdown is... He Proved Himself to me!
I did not video, or record anything God has done or showed me
in my life! I can tell you, or them all day long, but
it's the people that Seek Him, that will know the truth!
God's existance has nothing to do with desire, or belief...
He just is!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe now the poor must be dogs and only
"Ye of lil Understanding"
knows who it is. I think Hitler called people dogs also, you like that quote. It shows the danger of a rightwing extremist christian.
Did not Jesus say don't worry about what you are to eat or wear because god knows you need this things,all these things will be provided for you . Yes, the christian Obama is being guided by the christian god to do just that, provide for the poor and down trodden without judgement, unlike your comments.
Yet your extremist view of christianity reveals your hatred of the poor that jesus talk about.
Hey, If Tard is what yer going for... You got it!
I wish you could learn to tell the truth!
I do not hate the poor, as I'm still one!
Yes, I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge, and I thank God for all of it, after all... He gave them to me!
No! Obama cut some regs that state people have to actively seek employeement to get welfare! I will not tell you how many times
I've seen dealers take foodstamps for drugs (I never did)
No! Un-moral people WILL cheat the system wherever, and however they can, so people who NEED help cannot get it!
I love ALL people... Even you, I just wish you'd get some wisdom!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Actions make YOU the goat. YOU can SAY that you are good but the actions are what tell the truth.
READ AND WEEP
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
You weep!
I have read it!
I know I do not deserve Heaven, as I an the Wretch the song refers to!
And even If Heaven was out of the picture for me, I'd still tell people "God is real!"
I hope you get some wisdom... It's free, just ask God!
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive the week.

If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank or in your wallet, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not."
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Well, and get off their but and do something. Getting up off the couch helps to mske things work
Figure it out for yourself, my lad,
You've all that the greatest of men have had;
Two arms, two hands, two legs, two eyes,
And a brain to use if you would be wise,
With this equipment they all began--
So start from the top and say, I CAN.

Look them over, the wise and the great,
They take their food from a common plate,
And similar knives and forks they use,
With similar laces they tie their shoes;
The world considers them brave and smart,
But you've all they had when they made their start.

You can triumph and come to skill,
You can be great if you only will;
You're well equipped for what fight you choose,
You have arms and legs and a brain to use;
And the man who has risen great deeds to do
Began his life with no more than you.

You are the handicap you must face,
You are the one who must choose your place.
You must say where you want to go,
How much you will study the truth to know;
God has equipped you for life, but He
Lets you decide what you want to be.

Courage must come from the soul within
The man must furnish the will to win.
So figure it out for yourself my lad,
You were born with all that the great have had;
With your equipment they all began,
Get hold of yourself and say,'I CAN.'

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Public schools can offer
Qur'an
Brian_G wrote:
study just as they offer study of any other literature.
Those who object are on the side of illiteracy and ignorance.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Public schools can offer
Anton LaVey
Brian_G wrote:
----------
Brian_G wrote:
Public schools can offer
Wiccan Book of Shadows
Brian_G wrote:
----------
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Please post the verse that says what you just made up so we can verify that is what the bible says.
First Timothy
5:8 But if any provideth not for his own, and especially for
those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse
than an infidel.
I knew I read it somewhere!
One of My Bible commentaries expounded deeper upon this.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Teaching a fable as fact is not literacy it is brain washing.
You freaks want to lie to children, at least you admit to them that you lied about Santa and the easter bunny and tooth fairy but you never tell them that you lied about the bible.
Why only teach part of the bible? Why not teach all of it?
God is not a fable... You will learn that truth someday...
We already know it!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Juno wrote:
Closing in on 3 years. Maybe it's time to move on? Let me rephrase that. It's time to move on.
My "Guess" is...
We've got 2-4 years before the end, so, until the Lord says stop, or until His return, or Topix crashes... I will be here!
God is real, and He saved me!
Amen!
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, If Tard is what yer going for... You got it!
I wish you could learn to tell the truth!
I do not hate the poor, as I'm still one!
Yes, I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge, and I thank God for all of it, after all... He gave them to me!
No! Obama cut some regs that state people have to actively seek employeement to get welfare! I will not tell you how many times
I've seen dealers take foodstamps for drugs (I never did)
No! Un-moral people WILL cheat the system wherever, and however they can, so people who NEED help cannot get it!
I love ALL people... Even you, I just wish you'd get some wisdom!
Yes, theives will, but does not your bible warn them of the consequences of doing so?

I will quote the scripture for Nancy and his tranny posse (they are my fan club) to view also because they are constantly begging to be exposed the Holy Scriptures.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now the government has been put in place by God and those who go aginst the laws are subject to judgment. So it is not Obama fault if they decide to do so.

Romans 13:1-5
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended.

4 For the one in authority is Godís servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are Godís servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

They reject bible study because they stand for ignorance and demagogy.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
They reject bible study because they stand for ignorance and demagogy.
I am all for people reading the WHOLE bible on their own dime, after because that will show them how foolish believing in the ibble is. but you shall not teach the bible as fact to innocent minds. School should teach children to question everything.
And the christian cult should not be around children because of all the child molesting freaks in the cult

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
They
embrace
Brian_G wrote:
bible study because they stand for ignorance and demagogy.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
I am all for people reading the WHOLE bible on their own dime, after because that will show them how foolish believing in the ibble is. but you shall not teach the bible as fact to innocent minds. School should teach children to question everything.
And the christian cult should not be around children because of all the child molesting freaks in the cult
Do you really believe schools should teach children to question climate change mitigation, gender equality and progressivism? If so, I commend you.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really believe schools should teach children to question climate change mitigation, gender equality and progressivism? If so, I commend you.
Schools should teach children to question Everything, Including the teaching itself.... We have now become a nation where Dogma is the over arching reality and anything outside the dogma is ignored, ridiculed and ostracized....

Just look at the evidence of a completely new species of hominid that roamed the earth just a few 1000 years ago that is totally ignored by dogmatic modern science... We have their Skulls in the 100's, we have drawings of them from as early as 4000 years ago and they were worshiped and regaled... Yet No Main Stream Scientific study has ever been produced by any major research institution... Because the dogma states they can't be what is evidenced by their existence....

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really believe schools should teach children to question climate change mitigation, gender equality and progressivism? If so, I commend you.
And to question what any so called leader states as well. Some things are evident like poison in the water kills people and we need clean air to breath.
I questioned global warming and found that the wealthy companies have been pumping toxic chemicals in the air I breath, that must be stopped. Then I found that wealthy companies pump poison in the water supply because the fine is less than what it cost not to, they should be shut down. One life is worth more than all the profit you desire.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,761 - 89,780 of123,236
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

149 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Take America Back 139,164
Mayor West Stops Picking up recycling 28 min Mom 18
wreck 48 min Concerned 2
Thompson Park (Aug '13) 1 hr john 14
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 3,696
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 1 hr lolz 50
enoch boone (Oct '13) 2 hr missing DT 2
mark mills form flatlick found dead in bell co 2 hr stinger 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs