Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
89,721 - 89,740 of 128,575 Comments Last updated 48 min ago

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible (Jesus) said, that IF an able bodied man does Not take care of his Family... He is WORSE than a dog!
Now... I know in this economy, jobs are scarce, and under Mr.O.
Not likely to increase anytime soon!
Welfare is a trap! You cannot do better in it, or they cut you down! You can't even have a Yard sale without claming the money you got from it, even if you bought the item with your money.
That's the law, and it's stupid...
Nobody ever made thousands off a yard sale... unless they sold the yard!
Feed the people? Here's a roll, but don't ask for gravy!
13And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words. 14And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not? 15Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it. 16And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's. 17And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha! I've mostlikely read the Bible more than you! Matthew 25 tells you that the sheep, and the goats will
be gathered for Judgement... can you guess Where the Goats endup?
The Babble you hear is YOUR lack of understanding!
Actions make YOU the goat. YOU can SAY that you are good but the actions are what tell the truth.
READ AND WEEP

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible (Jesus) said, that IF an able bodied man does Not take care of his Family... He is WORSE than a dog!
Now... I know in this economy, jobs are scarce, and under Mr.O.
Not likely to increase anytime soon!
Welfare is a trap! You cannot do better in it, or they cut you down! You can't even have a Yard sale without claming the money you got from it, even if you bought the item with your money.
That's the law, and it's stupid...
Nobody ever made thousands off a yard sale... unless they sold the yard!
Feed the people? Here's a roll, but don't ask for gravy!
Please post the verse that says what you just made up so we can verify that is what the bible says.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Have you noticed that the christians posting here tell as much truth as the people who made up the bible?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Public schools can offer Bible study just as they offer study of any other literature.

Those who object are on the side of illiteracy and ignorance.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Zero Dark 30....interesting movie. Jessica Chastain was awesome.
LSquare

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

religious literacy wrote:
this could be a good thing for the state of Kentucky - there needs to be some structure around how people teach religion in our schools.
The problem with teaching religion in public schools is that there r 313 religions n the U.S. All of the religious people pay taxes, school taxes included. If u teach one religion in a public school or public facility then u would have to give consideration to them all. With 313 religions that would be an impossibility. There would be no time for any other subjects.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Public schools can offer Bible study just as they offer study of any other literature.
Those who object are on the side of illiteracy and ignorance.
Teaching a fable as fact is not literacy it is brain washing.
You freaks want to lie to children, at least you admit to them that you lied about Santa and the easter bunny and tooth fairy but you never tell them that you lied about the bible.
Why only teach part of the bible? Why not teach all of it?
RogerThat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

God's "CHOSEN ELECT" ------- 100% MATCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Boots

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

If you read the Bible or the Quran carefully and actually study it some, you might just turn atheist. We need to keep these books and their lies away from the schools. I don't see the big deal about it. Because yeah, goat herders that lived 2,000 years ago knew more about the whole Universe than today's modern scientists.
Spaceship earth_ss

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth_ss AKA LOL IN A SUIT wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll call you a Nancy. No christian on here needs your help to debate, Nancy. You're just a silly little troll that wants to show off how good she is at spelling words. You're here to put red circles around misspelled words looking for good judgeits (applause for Nancy).
I bet you kiss your teachers ass, bring apples and hog all the teachers time to prevent other students from getting a good grade. Here you are groveling for approval and just cannot stop. You're so lonely and need attention badly. Poor Nancy, if this helps your self esteem so be it.
Please have the christians pray for you Nancy. You would not make it as a agnostic or atheist. The christians here would love to bring you to Jesus and love the way you mock agnostics and atheist.
The christians want you to choose who you will serve, God or your own selfish needs. Go play will your dolls now.
Is this an example of that esteemed debating skill?
Read your comment back to yourself aloud.
Now, see how silly it sounded and how many times you repeated yourself?
"judgeits" LOL!(Or make that LOL in a suit)
You always have thought these pointless icons were significant somehow, like little hillbilly Emmys.
After all, this is Topix. It's serious business to you "master debaters." How funny.

You're whining about how unimportant it is to be able to communicate on an adult level (all undereducated people do that) while at the same time fuming like a 5 year old in a temper tantrum.
See, I told you to Google the word hypocrite.

And, just think, if you actually learned to spell, you wouldn't hold onto that bitterness (as revealed in your comment) that you have toward all the kids who were smarter than you in school. No wonder you oppose education. Failures usually do.

Next time you post, though, take a few minutes to calm down, reach back and pull your panties out from "betwixt" your ass cheeks, gather your thoughts and try to say something you didn't already say to the kids behind the lockers. You'll just have to repent to your god later anyway, right?
Spaceship earth_ss

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 25 encourges the POTUS, because Jesus tells the postus to feed them when hungry, take care of them when they are sick and cloth and shelter them who are in need.
Yet you scold them as being lazy and beat them down. Shame on you for violating the scriptures you claim to support.
MORE quotes from the Bible?
Scolding somebody for not adhering to the religious laws with which you've obviously familiarized yourself in the past?

Ain't that the hypocrite calling the back-slider a heathen.

I figured as much.

"Semper fi...."
Spaceship earth_ss

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
.... looking for good judgeits....
Here they are, Christie:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lexington-ky/...

Haunting, no?
Tan

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

People who focus on what they want, prosper. Those who don't, struggle.
Juno

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Closing in on 3 years. Maybe it's time to move on? Let me rephrase that. It's time to move on.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Is this an example of that esteemed debating skill?
Read your comment back to yourself aloud.
Now, see how silly it sounded and how many times you repeated yourself?
"judgeits" LOL!(Or make that LOL in a suit)
You always have thought these pointless icons were significant somehow, like little hillbilly Emmys.
After all, this is Topix. It's serious business to you "master debaters." How funny.
You're whining about how unimportant it is to be able to communicate on an adult level (all undereducated people do that) while at the same time fuming like a 5 year old in a temper tantrum.
See, I told you to Google the word hypocrite.
And, just think, if you actually learned to spell, you wouldn't hold onto that bitterness (as revealed in your comment) that you have toward all the kids who were smarter than you in school. No wonder you oppose education. Failures usually do.
Next time you post, though, take a few minutes to calm down, reach back and pull your panties out from "betwixt" your ass cheeks, gather your thoughts and try to say something you didn't already say to the kids behind the lockers. You'll just have to repent to your god later anyway, right?
Hi Nancy, see you're writing me again. I'm not your pen pal, you're chasing me around like a love sick tranny. Try trannymingle.com or go to Haiti and chase the big ones.

Maybe you should just get a new hobbie "sucking on door nobs" instead of fantasizing about me all nite long.

I know you want to really come to Jesus, the Christians here will pray for you, I know that's what you want. Hating atheist will not serve you well or get you a free ticket to heaven. I know you're a sick person "Nancy" the Lord will help you find your way and you will find a mate to share your life with.
,have faith Nancy.
Spaceship earth_ss

Martin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hi Nancy, see you're writing me again. I'm not your pen pal, you're chasing me around like a love sick tranny. Try trannymingle.com or go to Haiti and chase the big ones.
Maybe you should just get a new hobbie "sucking on door nobs" instead of fantasizing about me all nite long.
I know you want to really come to Jesus, the Christians here will pray for you, I know that's what you want. Hating atheist will not serve you well or get you a free ticket to heaven. I know you're a sick person "Nancy" the Lord will help you find your way and you will find a mate to share your life with.
,have faith Nancy.
Hello, Sally.

I see you're replying to me again. To not be my "pen pal," you certainly never miss an opportunity to reply. Like I always say... Semper Fi.
I also noticed you failed to take my advice about proof reading so as to avoid that Autistic habit of repeating yourself and that's unfortunate.

I'm not surprised you know the "tranny" link, Sal.
A "man" who pretends another man is a woman infatuated with him must surely understand the woes of fetish temptation.
Perhaps if you repent, your god will take you back and offer you a front row pew this morning.
That is why you're up early on a Sunday isn't it? Church?

By the way, it's spelled "knob," Sally. Although I expect you to make "knob gobbling" insinuations, it just doesn't look intellectual for a Topix polymath to misspell a 4 letter word.

I hope my correction doesn't cause a spike in your blood pressure again.

Sincerely,
The reason you're here
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hello, Sally.
I see you're replying to me again. To not be my "pen pal," you certainly never miss an opportunity to reply. Like I always say... Semper Fi.
I also noticed you failed to take my advice about proof reading so as to avoid that Autistic habit of repeating yourself and that's unfortunate.
I'm not surprised you know the "tranny" link, Sal.
A "man" who pretends another man is a woman infatuated with him must surely understand the woes of fetish temptation.
Perhaps if you repent, your god will take you back and offer you a front row pew this morning.
That is why you're up early on a Sunday isn't it? Church?
By the way, it's spelled "knob," Sally. Although I expect you to make "knob gobbling" insinuations, it just doesn't look intellectual for a Topix polymath to misspell a 4 letter word.
I hope my correction doesn't cause a spike in your blood pressure again.
Sincerely,
The reason you're here
Nancy, I know you love proof reading my replies, I tossed a knob to you so you could feel good about yourself correcting my spelling mistakes. I know you love to do that more than showing off your hairy legs in public with your 3 1/2 inch spikes you purchased at wal-mart. You can be a real man whore sometimes.

Please get your shots it flu season or maybe your just coughing up some of that jerry sandusky left overs. Anyhow, take care and don't fist yourself to hard.
Leviathan

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nancy, I know you love proof reading my replies, I tossed a knob to you so you could feel good about yourself correcting my spelling mistakes. I know you love to do that more than showing off your hairy legs in public with your 3 1/2 inch spikes you purchased at wal-mart. You can be a real man whore sometimes.
Please get your shots it flu season or maybe your just coughing up some of that jerry sandusky left overs. Anyhow, take care and don't fist yourself to hard.
You need to get off the meth and stay in school.
spaceship earth_ss

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Leviathan wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get off the meth and stay in school.
Careful! Flip is a bit inflamed in his "smart gland."
If you rile him, he will start pretending you're his secret crush and fantasizing about you in heels.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min DemocRATS 146,140
Stivers Center fixes 9 min fixes 16
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 27 min 40ish 3,785
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 49 min thispost1912 1,011
just seen what goin on 1 hr sandra brooks 2
Anyone have any free kittens? 1 hr reader 11
What happened at the dollor store in flat lick ... 1 hr Jackie 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••