Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,485)

Showing posts 89,681 - 89,700 of127,847
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
Read the Bible... the Answers are there for all to read!
I did not ask you to explain the bible, I asked you to explain YOUR comment, are YOU god?
Every time you say something with nothing to back it up or explain it you are proving that your religion has no substance, thank you

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Just how many Billions are in a Trillion?
16 Trillion in debt, and you, like them think you can tax US out of debt? NO! Not gonna happen! Obamanomics is Suiside for America!
Now... whatch what happens when Obama cries to raise the debt cieling.... It's gonna be soooo bad, that the wiser of you will
see the light! The rest of you... there's no hope!
And here is how you twist words around and take things out of context, I stated that we need to stop giving money away and cut spending. We need to stop wars that we do not have the money to pay for.
Typical christian

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

so true wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think the words of our so called Jesus is stupid,, however we the mankind do have some very stupid words at times. Some that tear out the heart of many...
And how does that relate to what YOUR jesus said in Matthew 25:31-46? If you believe that the bible is true and that jesus was not stupid how come you live in the opposite of what your jesus said? How come christians judge every one and have no forgiveness for any one else?
Please READ what your bible says, read what jesus said in Matthew 25:31-46 and then post back here explaining why christians ignore that. If you are not willing then there is no reason to listen to anything you say about your religion (99% of hristians will not, they just get in a huff and say something like "you do not understand the bible" which is further proof that christianity Is a cult)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Just how many Billions are in a Trillion?
16 Trillion in debt, and you, like them think you can tax US out of debt? NO! Not gonna happen! Obamanomics is Suiside for America!
Now... whatch what happens when Obama cries to raise the debt cieling.... It's gonna be soooo bad, that the wiser of you will
see the light! The rest of you... there's no hope!
We tried it the bush way for 11 years and look at the mess we are in. So you have been proven wrong, again
Oh, and it was BUSH that started with a surplus and spent us in to debt with wars and giving the bands 787,000,000,000.00 as a gift. It was BUSH that started three wars with out paying for them, it was BUSH that caused record unemployment and this economy.
Right now the stock market is at a record high, under Obama, and the wealthy have gotten richer corporations are seeing record profits, it is the working class that is suffering because of what BUSH did.
Stop lying and face the truth! No, I do not like a black as President ether, but I can be honest.
Blame the party of NO and stop lying like a little girl
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
"gunjee"? Speaking of spelling bees... LOL
No. You said you WERE an agnostic for a long time and now the "needle" has MOVED to atheist.
Your illiterate words:
" I have for a long time agnostic, now the needle for me has move to atheist. "
That does sound at all like the certainty of an atheist or you would've said you are most absolutely an agnostic... not just leaning toward it.
As if you're looking at an imaginary fluctuating odometer, you analyze your beliefs with such uncertainty.... "Yeah, I'm kinda leanin' toward atheism today." applause
Just think about all those years ("for a long time was agnostic") I the troll just love atheist men.
Now, suddenly, after I'm exposed, and embarrassed find you're a die hard Atheist..........
I'm going to call you FLIPPER from now on.
I'm not gay sorry. Terms of endearment will get you nowhere, deep throat.
potassium

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

If people want to study the bible in school, let them study it at lunch, break, or the down time. their doesn't need to be bible study going on when the kids should be learning.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

potassium wrote:
If people want to study the bible in school, let them study it at lunch, break, or the down time. their doesn't need to be bible study going on when the kids should be learning.
They are allowed to study the bible and pray on their own time, what they are not allowed to do is force others to pray or study the bible and the bible shall not be taught as fact.
The learning environment should not be disrupted because some one wants to control some one elses beliefs
RogerThat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

God's "CHOSEN ELECT" -------- 100% MATCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

George Bush DENIES CHRIST, endorses universalism, and SCOFFS the BIBLE

GOP can really pickem, look at the shxt bush got us into. Christianity is goofy.

Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Science must be&#65279; kryptonite to elected republicans.

Michele Bachmann: Never-ending Crazy

ChristianWacker

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

So if Satan asked god for forgiveness, would he,, maybe he has and you did not get the memo. Perhaps the loving christian god forgave him and welcomed him back to heaven. Maybe the angles missed lucifer.,

Satan seems equally poweful as god, knows all, tempts each man individually, sees and knows of all at the same time, hides from view so he is never really known, changes form, rules what may be larger than heaven. If there was a Satan, why would he not show himself in his form, aint like he's going to hell for it. Why would he not appear all flamming on the steets and eat a few babies. Does he have to follow some kind of roberts rules of order,, would he obey the rules and not cheat.

Maybe Satan is god with some sort of bi polar disorder, that would explain a lot. Forget god a few seconds and concentrate on Satan,, does he not seem to be failing,, I think if there was a satan, he'd have no reason not to make it much worse. Must not be a Satan, therefore if there is not ultimate evil, there is not ultimate good, god could not exist either.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

ChristianWacker wrote:
So if Satan asked god for forgiveness, would he,, maybe he has and you did not get the memo. Perhaps the loving christian god forgave him and welcomed him back to heaven. Maybe the angles missed lucifer.,
Satan seems equally poweful as god, knows all, tempts each man individually, sees and knows of all at the same time, hides from view so he is never really known, changes form, rules what may be larger than heaven. If there was a Satan, why would he not show himself in his form, aint like he's going to hell for it. Why would he not appear all flamming on the steets and eat a few babies. Does he have to follow some kind of roberts rules of order,, would he obey the rules and not cheat.
Maybe Satan is god with some sort of bi polar disorder, that would explain a lot. Forget god a few seconds and concentrate on Satan,, does he not seem to be failing,, I think if there was a satan, he'd have no reason not to make it much worse. Must not be a Satan, therefore if there is not ultimate evil, there is not ultimate good, god could not exist either.
God is our just in the minds of believers.

THE GOD HELMET

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Was there life before Youtube? What did some of you do before Youtube, sit around with both thumbs up your hind ends unable to express yourselves?

If people wanted to watch Youtube crap, I bet most of them could look it up for themselves. DUH.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

ChristianWacker wrote:
Oh hush Humpaburn, before the wife beats your hind end.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Was there life before Youtube? What did some of you do before Youtube, sit around with both thumbs up your hind ends unable to express yourselves?
If people wanted to watch Youtube crap, I bet most of them could look it up for themselves. DUH.
http://youtu.be/8MMApEWEYTk
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Do you read the bible or still reading "Jane see spot run" in a first grade book? You're so pathetic I feel sorry for you. If a god existed, he must be embarrassed reading the crap you write and angels are laughing their asses off.

Look you cannot even debate, just silly baby talk. Suck on your thumb and when you grow up try posting again. You're one the sorriest example of a christian I have seen posting here.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

God is just in the minds of the believers.

THE GOD HELMET

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And how does that relate to what YOUR jesus said in Matthew 25:31-46? If you believe that the bible is true and that jesus was not stupid how come you live in the opposite of what your jesus said? How come christians judge every one and have no forgiveness for any one else?
Please READ what your bible says, read what jesus said in Matthew 25:31-46 and then post back here explaining why christians ignore that. If you are not willing then there is no reason to listen to anything you say about your religion (99% of hristians will not, they just get in a huff and say something like "you do not understand the bible" which is further proof that christianity Is a cult)
Well , I dont judge anyone , so therefore, I must not be the type of christian you are referring too.. I have forgived many in my time , even those that most never would have. On the subject of Matthew 25, I slap your hand so many times, cause I told you the stove was hot, but you keep touching it , eventually you will get burned. Now if you had listened, you never would have been burned and would think much more of me , for helping you dont ya think? I am not as smart as some of you guys, but the reason is all things come to end someday, and it just depends on what we think that matters, in our on souls. So if yours is happy worshipping satan then so be it for you..

Said a disappointed visitor,'Why has my stay here yielded no fruit?'

'Could it be because you lacked the courage to shake the tree?' said the Master benignly."
Spaceship earth

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one the sorriest example of a christian I have seen posting here.
Actually, YOU are, FLIPPER.
You're the one quoting the Christian Bible all the time.

Let's see... Where is the "needle" today?
Christian, Agnostic, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian.... flip the coin for Saturday.

Here's a word for you to learn: H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E
Spaceship earth

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not gay sorry. Terms of endearment will get you nowhere, deep throat.
You apologized to me for not being gay? Really? Think about that.

You're probably the first person to think being called a hypocrite is "endearing."
Let's shorten Flipper to Flip. You seem to do better with monosyllabic words.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,681 - 89,700 of127,847
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Cities 144,681
Richard and Sarah hicks 1 hr LOL 9
free phones for anybody that gets food stamps o... 1 hr dat girl 1
trail camera 1 hr Get Real 13
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr only me 16,114
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 2 hr 75 Scorpio 3,736
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr ques 1,008
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 8 hr billy 370
KC Basketball Coach 12 hr breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••