Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
89,641 - 89,660 of 130,460 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Good post!
The ones that don't like the Bible, do not understand the BIG Picture of it!
If they ever had a "God experience"...
They'd be here posting on the Pro side!
:-)
99% of the devout don't understand the big picture of it. When you look at the world through rose colored glasses, you are in fact just looking though a filter.
A "God experience" is likely due to an atrophied hippocampus. Have you ever done inordinate amounts of certain mood altering chemicals?
Pro what, exactly? Pro ignorance? Pro superstition? Pro anti-science? Pro intolerance...?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the cutting of trees in the winter was the only way log in the north during the days of logging virgin forests... they would log when you could water down the drag ways to help the logs slide easier as they hauled them to the stacking yards... In the summer months the swamps, creeks and Mosquitoes made it almost impossible to timber along most of the northern timber regions...
That is why in the spring you could see vast fields of stumps that were about 4 foot high as the trees were cut to the snow pack level and in the spring the stumps were left behind... After the logs were dragged to the stacking areas (Generally close to a river or narrow gauge train track) they would wait until the spring thaw when the rivers would flow deep and push the logs into the river to raft down to the mills down river (knocking out every bridge built across the river the past year).... Some of the log piles would be 100 to 200 foot high and stacked for a mile along both sides of the river... Waiting for the spring thaw....
Very interesting! I was born in a logging community...
Why was lumber so much higher there, than in the desert?
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I call bullshit! The evil killing and selling of women in the bible is not a warning not to do these things.
As far as lies and twisting the bible around I ask how so when the whole chapter of the bible verse is posted and is word for word from the bible?
Nice try but, yet again, we find that it is the christians who lie
Crock!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Really? The bible that tells people to slaughter whole towns and take the young girls as sex slaves teaches love? I guess that the baptist youth ministers and catholic priest that fu5k children are just "loving them"?
Crock!
I guess you forgot about all those satanists raping,
and sacrificing them to their god?
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>It is the ACTIONS that define good and evil. The ACTIONS of your cult through out history, murder, rape, slavery are EVIL. ANIMAL SACRIFICE IS EVIL!
You are not good because you tremble from the threat of eternal punishment, while I am good because my morals come from knowing right from wrong.
"It is the ACTIONS that define good and evil"
WOW!
You finally said something true!
Notice the Evil in your posts???
Very Evil!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And there should be a Constitutional Amendment that American Soil can only be purchased and owned by US Citizens... Last report I saw showed that Communist China owns over 12 Million acres of US Soil....
AMEN!
Canada is mining OUR gold in AZ...
What a crock!
America FOR Americans ONLY!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't get it for free, Tin man. Ah so, build many Geisha House for sucker tourist. Tin man come get joint oiled no rust, ah so. Tin man spend many yen.
"ah so" I think you spelt that wrong! LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
99% of the devout don't understand the big picture of it. When you look at the world through rose colored glasses, you are in fact just looking though a filter.
A "God experience" is likely due to an atrophied hippocampus. Have you ever done inordinate amounts of certain mood altering chemicals?
Pro what, exactly? Pro ignorance? Pro superstition? Pro anti-science? Pro intolerance...?
Adrunk Hippypotamus? Man you ain't right in the head. It's on to see the wizard to get that brain, Tin man. Todo, quit peeing on the Tin man, Dorothy will have to oil his joint again. We're off to see the wizard. Whee!!!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If Social security did not collect one more penny it could still pay benefits for twenty five years. The only reason republicans want to do away with social security is because they can not get their hands on the money. The whole "privatize" social security scam is so republicans can steal from the trillions of dollars social security has.
As far as paying the debt, when I hear you complain about the billions of dollars in CORPORATE welfare (much more than is paid through any other social program) I will start to take what you say as something more than a Fox News sheep parroting what he has been told
Wrong again sparky...
"They" barrowed against it...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again sparky...
"They" barrowed against it...
No stupid. Typical christian believes what some con man preacher says even when the facts are a finger tip away. Google national debt dummy
But do not worry, we are going to tax the churches and then pay off the debt!
he loves you

Holden, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Citizen wrote:
Good, force religion on our children since the parent is to lazy to go to church on sunday. Use my taxes to teach my kids fairy tails about your invisible friend, if this passes my honor student children will be moving.
dont let the door hit you on the backside.......
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
God and the devil.
Lets assume (for the sake of the point I would like to make) that the bible is true and that there is a god and a devil.
If the term god and devil where changed to jehova and Satan in the bible and asked some one to read the bible and tell you whom the devil is they would say jehova is the devil because of all of the evil hate murder rape he lust after and all Satan did was encourage people to think and make informed decisions
Wrong again sparky...
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Listen Close... There Should Be No Subsides for Any Industry, If a Industry cannot succeed within the Free Market it should Fail and vanish from the landscape... That's Far different from Tax Breaks or even Tax Exemptions for specific industries that provide products and services the nation finds deserving of such tax breaks... But giving a Company a Tax Break is Not Corporate Welfare... That's a false argument... Telling a company that because we need their product so we will not tax them for any profits it far different from sending them billions... Yes we should have Never Bailed out Wall Street, GM, Chrysler or any other Private Company at Any time... And the Federal Government should Never have Ownership positions in Private Companies... Those are the Basis of Fascism and a toe in the door to totalitarian control...
Great post!
flipping out here

Greenup, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

someone please remove this stupid post it has been on here for ages or stop posting on the damn thing.bored buy your self a peice of ass.
he loves you

Holden, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No stupid. Typical christian believes what some con man preacher says even when the facts are a finger tip away. Google national debt dummy
But do not worry, we are going to tax the churches and then pay off the debt!
what a name for someone who is a non-believer......
Revelation 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

flipping out here wrote:
someone please remove this stupid post it has been on here for ages or stop posting on the damn thing.bored buy your self a peice of ass.
No..
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>We have not proved nor disproved the existence of a "supreme being" however we have proved that it is not the "god" of the bible.
We proved that the earth is not a plane with heaven above and Hell below. We proved that the sun does not orbit the earth. We have proven that illness is not "unclean" spirits, and it is funny how the Hubble telescope and Voyager 1 have not taken one picture of heaven or an angel.
My being alive is proof that prayer does nothing because of all of the christians praying that I die.
Hahahaha!
You prove God with every post!... Again, Thanks!
flipping out here

Greenup, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

delete this post it is killing people look at the comments what has it accomplished?
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to believe that, fine. But Westboro Church does not represent all Christians. In fact, not all Jews are the same, not all Catholics are the same, not all Muslims are the same, etc. Religions are unlike small groups in that the motives are different. I know atheists that are just as zealous as Christians, does that mean ALL atheists are zealots??? No. lol!
Much of the Bible is historic fact. Many of those wars did happen, many of those kingdoms did exist, many of the people, like Samuel who told the people God's warning of having a government, did exist, etc. What is fictitious is the supernatural stories - but by claiming the whole Bible is a lie is to look very ignorant.
"Most of todays christians use church to justify their hate and perversions just like the Jewish people did when they made up the bible." So INDIVIDUALS are to blame for their actions?! lol!
Since you refuse to look up the word "customs", given you keep mentioning them out of context. I will reply to you no further. Thank you for the disucssion.
"What is fictitious is the supernatural stories"
I have to disagree with you on that...
My story is long, so I will not bore you with all of it, but...
I've had two(2).22 cal bullets pass through my head with no damage
whatsoever, no holes, just lead lines on my clothes!
Now... I didn't put two, and two together, until the Lord told me to look back on my life, and SEE where He pulled death away from me!
God is real, and Life is just choices...
Adam, and Eve chose Not to trust the Lord, just as the Jews, just
as we....
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So it was the "custom" of the Jewish people to sacrifice animals and babies to the god that the christians worship?
Wrong again...
Geeesh! Will you Ever tell the truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min TEAM LABORER 1,091
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Straw Grasping Te... 151,033
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 42 min KY for Allison 1
Tommy golden 2 hr one who knows 29
Travis slushpup 6 hr Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 6 hr yourmommm 1,048
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 9 hr yep 15
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••