Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
89,581 - 89,600 of 130,287 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true for them, too. Many Christians do quote the Bible out of context. That's why religion has a bad name, because God apparently has said many things he never said. lol!
Christians have created a new god. The god of the jews was so violent and hate filled that the new testament had to create a "loving" god (jesus).
This creation of a new god by man is proof that your god is a creation of man.
If you are not under the old laws than the ten commandments (from the old testament) do not apply?
The only way that the god of the jews went from being an evil, hate filled, blood lusting god to a god that just loves every one was the creation of a new god, man made
Satanic fool

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Christians have created a new god. The god of the jews was so violent and hate filled that the new testament had to create a "loving" god (jesus).
If you are not under the old laws than the ten commandments (from the old testament) do not apply?
The only way that the god of the jews went from being an evil, hate filled, blood lusting god to a god that just loves every one was the creation of a new god, man made
Pay no attention to my baby brother.He is midguided and loves negative attention.He had to look up the word SATANIC on spellcheck before posting!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Good mornin' Tin man dude. Them danged Japs ain't been messin around with Pearl Harbor anymore have they? Ah so got nuked.
Ah, so. They OWN a good chunk of Pearl Harbor now.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Christians have created a new god. The god of the jews was so violent and hate filled that the new testament had to create a "loving" god (jesus).
How and why did you not notice that the Old God was man made?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Being that all gos are man mad, you sir are correct.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And there should be a Constitutional Amendment that American Soil can only be purchased and owned by US Citizens... Last report I saw showed that Communist China owns over 12 Million acres of US Soil....

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I call bullshit! The evil killing and selling of women in the bible is not a warning not to do these things.
As far as lies and twisting the bible around I ask how so when the whole chapter of the bible verse is posted and is word for word from the bible?
Nice try but, yet again, we find that it is the christians who lie
Yes ah Satan Daddy, I can remember as a lad of 16 and the women in the hoochie coochie show at the local county fair. Glory be. They were selling their bodies for upward of ten dollars and there I was with 27 cents. Amen ahh.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't get it for free, Tin man. Ah so, build many Geisha House for sucker tourist. Tin man come get joint oiled no rust, ah so. Tin man spend many yen.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true for them, too. Many Christians do quote the Bible out of context. That's why religion has a bad name, because God apparently has said many things he never said. lol!
There appears to be no true religion. This is especially true about christianity. Different denominations all have the true worship as they claim from the bible. Yet many different interpetations and religious heretics have evolved from reading it.

If the bible scriptures are taking out of context by those who say that only they are the true christians then why are we to believe that what you may claim are different from them?

There are verses in the bible that may prove a god is real but I have yet to find anychristian with faith to prove it. That is another reason why I'm have chosen now to be a atheist.

“Statism is slavery”

Since: Jan 13

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that gods are addicted to violence. Even in the New Testament, the actions of Pilate, Herod and Judas were all part of the master plan, were they not?
...if a Christian does wrong...? Using that framework, it is not pertinent to blame the Nazis and Japanese expansionists for WWII, but each individual German, Japanese or Italian soldier, politician, and factory worker.
The actions of Pilate, Herod, and Judas were voluntary actions. They chose to do what they did. I believe the Bible is just a book, and not the "literal word of God" - so I think People mistranslated it for personal reasons. It would be uncharacteristic of the Biblical God to "have a plan". He gave us free will. He probably knows the outcomes of our decisions before they happen, or even know all of the possible outcomes, but I seriously doubt, per this religion, that God has given us a predestination.

I blame the U.S. and allies for World War II. Because of Euro-Eastern bloodlust, they went to war over egoism, then the U.S. got involved and made the war worse. Then after the war, the peace talks were very, and wrongfully, unfair to Germany. That inspired a young Adolf Hitler to be nationalist and "patriotic" to his country. He rose to power, by democratic means, and found a scapegoat (the Slavish, the Jews, and other undesirables, in that order) to do so. And the Japanese didn't attack unprovoked. Franklin Roosevelt tore a page from history (thanks to Madison in regards to the War of 1812 with the British) and antagonized the Japanese and imposed economic sanctions against them, over nothing. This caused Japan to "throw the first punch", which was expected, and then we went to war claiming "self-defense". DR repeated another horror from history (Adams and Lincoln did this) by enacting illegal orders of sedition, mostly on Japanese-Americans.

And yes, each individual should be held accountable for their actions. "Following orders" isn't an excuse, and shouldn't be used as a license to kill

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And there should be a Constitutional Amendment that American Soil can only be purchased and owned by US Citizens... Last report I saw showed that Communist China owns over 12 Million acres of US Soil....
Yes, but a little truth about the national debt, most of it (two thirds) is owed to social security, only about one trillion is owed to China.

“Statism is slavery”

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
*Replying to your many half-thought posts*

Again, the customs that are shown in the Bible are NOT teachings, but culture. When you talk about the history of the 20th century, you wouldn't ignore the fact that marriage licenses were mandated just to prevent interracial marriages, or the fact that atrocities were commited by our government like in Vietnam, or whatever. It'd be impossible. You can't talk about history if you ignore the bad. The killing and selling of women in trade, and slaughtering of towns, were NOT condoned by God like people think. Both are antitehtical to peace and the non-aggression principle. Also, I'm not Christian and it's many from both Christianity and atheism who lie about the Bible. lol!

What cult? There are many different types of Christians. Many who do evil, many who do good. You seem to ONLY want to obsess about the evil ones. And, I'm going to be the first to burst your bubble here, but MANY atheists have committed atrocious acts, too. If you blame a faith system, or lack thereof, on the actions of an individual, how does that solve anything? It doesn't. If an idnividual does wrong, then you blame that individual, not their religion. Because EVERY religion, including non-religious systems, have examples of evil people. By that standard, even atheism is an evil-doing cult. Also, I want to note: if a believer is a believer out of fear of damnation, then it's not sincere and they may not be saved - at least to me.

And your distortion of the facts, like with the Old and New testaments shows you're just full of bias and not serious discussion. The Old Testament is the Jewish faith (and somewhat of the Islam faith) and the New Testament is of the Christians who believe in Christ as the Son of God. There was no new God, in both testaments he warned us about government, about killing, etc. And he didn't violate free will (except in the case of the Virgin Mary (a story borrowed from Hinduism), which is why I can never believe Christ to be the son of God).

It's blatantly obviousl you have no clue about the history and culture of the Biblical times. lol!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
*Replying to your many half-thought posts*
Again, the customs that are shown in the Bible are NOT teachings, but culture. When you talk about the history of the 20th century, you wouldn't ignore the fact that marriage licenses were mandated just to prevent interracial marriages, or the fact that atrocities were commited by our government like in Vietnam, or whatever. It'd be impossible. You can't talk about history if you ignore the bad. The killing and selling of women in trade, and slaughtering of towns, were NOT condoned by God like people think. Both are antitehtical to peace and the non-aggression principle. Also, I'm not Christian and it's many from both Christianity and atheism who lie about the Bible. lol!
What cult? There are many different types of Christians. Many who do evil, many who do good. You seem to ONLY want to obsess about the evil ones. And, I'm going to be the first to burst your bubble here, but MANY atheists have committed atrocious acts, too. If you blame a faith system, or lack thereof, on the actions of an individual, how does that solve anything? It doesn't. If an idnividual does wrong, then you blame that individual, not their religion. Because EVERY religion, including non-religious systems, have examples of evil people. By that standard, even atheism is an evil-doing cult. Also, I want to note: if a believer is a believer out of fear of damnation, then it's not sincere and they may not be saved - at least to me.
And your distortion of the facts, like with the Old and New testaments shows you're just full of bias and not serious discussion. The Old Testament is the Jewish faith (and somewhat of the Islam faith) and the New Testament is of the Christians who believe in Christ as the Son of God. There was no new God, in both testaments he warned us about government, about killing, etc. And he didn't violate free will (except in the case of the Virgin Mary (a story borrowed from Hinduism), which is why I can never believe Christ to be the son of God).
It's blatantly obviousl you have no clue about the history and culture of the Biblical times. lol!
You are just full of shit. The bible states that god commanded the people to do the evil, he specified which animals to sacrifice, he specified that the jews should kill every man woman and child.
Here is a point you do not like, the same god that was in the old testament is the same god of the new testament. But you freaks try to deflect that and say "JASUS"
Yes cult! You isolate your followers claiming that the "secular" world (translate real world) is evil, you push your cult every where, You claim rights that you deny to others.
Hey, what if we taught Satanism in public schools? You freaks would have a stroke but you sure want to push your evil cult.
IN A PAST POST YOU DENY THE BIBLE AND THE CHRISTIAN CULT.

“Statism is slavery”

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You are just full of shit. The bible states that god commanded the people to do the evil, he specified which animals to sacrifice, he specified that the jews should kill every man woman and child.
Here is a point you do not like, the same god that was in the old testament is the same god of the new testament. But you freaks try to deflect that and say "JASUS"
Yes cult! You isolate your followers claiming that the "secular" world (translate real world) is evil, you push your cult every where, You claim rights that you deny to others.
Hey, what if we taught Satanism in public schools? You freaks would have a stroke but you sure want to push your evil cult.
IN A PAST POST YOU DENY THE BIBLE AND THE CHRISTIAN CULT.
First, you're just proving that you don't know what you're talking about. I've said it at least two times already: I'm NOT Christian. lol! You might want to take some blood pressure pills, because you're over-emotional responses are making you look like a fool whether you are one or not.

The world is evil. Why? Because We the People let government commit all sorts of atrocities. History lesson for you: EACH time in history where religion has gotten away with evil, it was perpetuated under the auspices of the State. And even God warned his people what having a government would do - and he was right, or at least whoever wrote it.

I would oppose Satanism being a required class. If Satanism, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Celtic Paganism, etc. were offered as electives, I don't see the problem. Although, since there is a separation of Church and State, and public schools are part of the State, it would be illegal to teach any of the above.

Religion is no more or less an evil cult than atheism. Both have examples of evil people, both have examples have good people, and both have been used and abused by the State.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you're just proving that you don't know what you're talking about. I've said it at least two times already: I'm NOT Christian. lol! You might want to take some blood pressure pills, because you're over-emotional responses are making you look like a fool whether you are one or not.
The world is evil. Why? Because We the People let government commit all sorts of atrocities. History lesson for you: EACH time in history where religion has gotten away with evil, it was perpetuated under the auspices of the State. And even God warned his people what having a government would do - and he was right, or at least whoever wrote it.
I would oppose Satanism being a required class. If Satanism, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Celtic Paganism, etc. were offered as electives, I don't see the problem. Although, since there is a separation of Church and State, and public schools are part of the State, it would be illegal to teach any of the above.
Religion is no more or less an evil cult than atheism. Both have examples of evil people, both have examples have good people, and both have been used and abused by the State.
In a discussion about whether the evil done in the bible was from gods commands or an example of what not to do (can not believe you really believe that) you go to "the world is evil because the government is evil". WOW.
Talk about double talk and twisting things around.
Atheist have not murdered people because they believe in god, Satanist do not kill people who worship a different god, the Abrahamic cults are the only violent hate filled blood lusting religions

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a name for what your religious beliefs are based on? Just curious what books you have studied or name of your religion.

Bible quote:
"Do not trust in princes,
In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation."

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
Lucius Annaeus

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>In a discussion about whether the evil done in the bible was from gods commands or an example of what not to do (can not believe you really believe that) you go to "the world is evil because the government is evil". WOW.
Atheist have not murdered people because they believe in god, Satanist do not kill people who worship a different god, the Abrahamic cults are the only violent hate filled blood lusting religions
Man oh man Satan daddy, no tellin' how many babies you done killed hidin' from your mama, spankin' your weasel. I bet your glasses are thicker than mine.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a name for what your religious beliefs are based on? Just curious what books you have studied or name of your religion.
Bible quote:
"Do not trust in princes,
In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation."
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
Lucius Annaeus
Spaceship Dude, who is this other spaceship cracker? He ain't even got a real spaceship like you do. I believe in peanut butter. Do you believe in Peter Pan?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>In a discussion about whether the evil done in the bible was from gods commands or an example of what not to do (can not believe you really believe that) you go to "the world is evil because the government is evil". WOW.
When in high school, I had a friend that fell into scientology and later gone crazy and had to be institutionalized. He was by all accounts a nice,smart and not the type I thought would fall for that.

As it turned out his brother was a scientologist. His brother told me (one day during a visit with my friend) he could start his car just by thinking it so. I ask him to demonstrate this to me, he quickly change the subject as to why I just lit up to smoke. Anyway I knew at that point he was batshxt crazy. Sad he had his brother get invovled with that cult.

Scientologist would always use attractive females to approach me and my buddies to see if we like to attend one of their meetings.
We did because we were hoping they would put out, but no chance, after we did go to a meeting they just wanted to sale us books and then cry when we told them no.

p.s the movie was batshxt crazy also.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but a little truth about the national debt, most of it (two thirds) is owed to social security, only about one trillion is owed to China.
I don't care if it's owed to Bubba Credit Shack... It's Owed and It will be required to be Paid or we Default... I get Social Security and paid into that system against my will for over 40 years to the point where my Paid In is almost Twice the average Paid In of a 65 old filing.. Social Security is one of the Great Destroyers of America... And those that Opposed it's inception have been Proven Correct as to it's end results...

When it was devised it was a Widows and Orphans fund to fill a void for the very few that had not saved for retirement, that we left without any recourse.. It was stated to never cost more than a few Million per year in a worse case situation... It's Opponents said it was a foot in the door to a Socialist Nation... They said it would metastasize like a tumor and be used to cause the people to become dependent of Government and used as a method to control a population... It was argued that Social Security would some day cost so much that it would bankrupt the Nation....

If the Average Person when they start working at 18 were to take the SS taxes and put into about any saving or investment program they would have 3 to 4 times the income level as they will receive through social security... But now once we have made the Nation Dependent it will be Next to Impossible to fix... At some point the bill has to come due and when it does the fall out will be catastrophic...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Cornelius Scudmister 150,044
Missy Lake 1 hr Question 1
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 2 hr yea right 6
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Jealous Person 3,474
Charmaine 5 hr Shameless 1
D Boone Days 5 hr Booneville Man 1
Lesb or Bi 5 hr Looking 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••