Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143120 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#93441 Dec 29, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you might be a holy roller. Have you ever tried to see how many pews you can jump at one time? You might find it fun getting a fireplace shovel full of hot ashes dumped down the seat of your drawers on Sunday Morning. You could see if you could out scoot, out roll and scream the other folks on the floor. You might even get an upskirt shot too. You might as well give it a try. Let's face it, you Atheist's are dry humping as it is.
He said pew hehehe
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#93443 Dec 31, 2012
vasuki wrote:
<quoted text>because he claimed to be the son of god.
guess what?
Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said,
###For we are also his offspring.###
Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
<quoted text>because he was using the NAME of names; which was considered to holy to utter by a human. kind of contradicts what god moses to tell the people though. tell them "I AM" has sent you.
<quoted text>any translation of the bible; especially the greek is based on a latin transliteration.
all denominations in the western world are generally based on latin rites beliefs via the catholic and eastern orthodox churches.
<quoted text>then i suggest you find another faith because yours is rooted in catholic dogma through the protestant reformation.
<quoted text>christianity is a cult. it's a cult of personality. the personality being jesus.
<quoted text>fact? again i present you as the epitome of why christianity and religion shouldn't be taught in schools. even your moniker on here is insulting.
What do you think of this moniker? Is it better for you?
(1) "Before Abraham was, I AM!"
Is NOT just using the 'Name'! It's saying
"Before Abraham was born Jesus (I AM) was in the beginning!
(2) Acts 17:29 Also says The God Head is not like Idols made by men!
(3) Cult? I think the word yer looking for is "Philosophy"!
(4) You do know there are writings/manuscripts that date Before
the catholic church!
(5) "Insulting"?
Have you ever done something so dumb, that you cursed yerself for two days (don't lie... you know what I mean!)...
How much cursing will the Lost do, when they realize...
God is real??? How much more, when yer children say to you
"Why did you not tell us?"
Tissue?
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#93444 Dec 31, 2012
S-N-A-F-U wrote:
Someone in these environs mentioned that religions has no place in the classroom, I agree and so did our founders. However, that doesn't mean the separation of God and his written word the Bible. There is a difference between religion per se and the Bible, the Bible is not a religion, but a 'Philosophy' passed down to humankind by God for their betterment and prosperity -- spiritualy and otherwise.
Most that have been schooled in our dumbed down PubEd system in the last few decades are not aware that our early reader in America was the Bible. Unfortunately, we have those in recent times that have disdain of having a Bible in the classrooms. In today's culture we can't pickup a newspaper filled with degradation on each page, such as murder, rape, corruption,aberrant behavior of every stripe, and Hollywood pumping out sewage -- in the form of gratuitous violence and sex to young skulls full of mush.
If at any time in our history, we need God more than ever-before, instead of this insipid sophistry spewed out by the "god of this world, Satan the devil'(2 Cor. 4:4) and his complicitors in the replacing the wisdom of Jesus Christ....
The following illistrates in detail, the early exposure to God and Jesus Christ in both grade schools and colleges through-out America.....
http://www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/educati...
Great post!
God Bless America!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#93445 Dec 31, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Great.. at least we are getting somewhere... Abortion is Homicide and Unjustified Homicide is Murder... Kewl.. Good to see you think a abortion doctor that aborts a fetus simply because they are paid to do so is a Murderer for Hire and a Mother that has an Abortion for Convenience is a Murderer... I would also propose that a woman that has more than a couple abortions for convenience are Serial Killers and the Abortion Doctors that preform 100's to 1000's abortions Only because of being paid are Mass Murders...
Great post!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#93446 Dec 31, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I tend to agree on most parts. My thinking is if the natural course of events would lead to a child than any thing done to change the natural course of events is wrong in most cases. However if the birth would cause harm to the mother or baby, than ending the pregnancy is justified.
Abortion as a form of birth control is wrong when there are so many other forms of birth control.
But then it is not my place to command others and those christians sure do love killing babies!
Well...
I started thinking you might have gained some wisdom, but...
you kept talking, and proved me wrong!
(1) "if the birth would cause harm to the mother or baby"
<1% have ever been done to save the Mother, and
100% of Abortions have been harmful to the babies!
Even the ones that were failed abortions have harmed the babies!
(2)It's NOT yer place to stand up against Evil, against Wrong?
Well... I guess that says it in yer handle! So...
If you see someone beating their wife, n kids... you just walk on by? No! there's just some things you choose to speak out about!
(3) "those christians sure do love killing babies"?
I guess lying is yer forte also! Can you tell me who runs most
of the "Pro-Life" agencies... If you've got a clue!
I Hope I didn't insult you by calling you a Liar?
Tissue? ya Jackwagon!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#93447 Dec 31, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Well...
If you see someone beating their wife, n kids... you just walk on by? No! there's just some things you choose to speak out about!
Tissue? ya Jackwagon!
I love how you just make up numbers. Your statistics come from unreliable sources. Did it ever occur to you that the reason a woman has an abortion is not public information?
And there are so many bible verses where your evil god demands that you kill innocent children.
How is YOUR evil god any different than the Aztec god?
If I see some one beating their wife I tend to thump them, usually a bitch slap works because men who beat on women are cowards. Now if I see some one beating on a dog or cat I feed them to the gators. But what does that have to do with abortion?
You believe that killing people who work at womens clinics is justified by your evil god and I say that it is not your right to do so.
Did it ever occur to you that you have been fooled by the devil Jehovah the father of lies and you are worshiping the devil? ACTIONS speak of the true nature and your hate filled gods actions are evil
so true

Morgantown, KY

#93449 Dec 31, 2012
Happy New Year's to all of you...

Life, I am the new year.
I am an unspoiled page in your book of time.
I am your next chance at the art of living.

I am your opportunity to practice
what you have learned about life
during the last twelve months.

All that you sought
and didn't find is hidden in me,
waiting for you to search it out
with more determination.

All the good that you tried for
and didn't achieve
is mine to grant
when you have fewer conflicting desires.

All that you dreamed but didn't dare to do,
all that you hoped but did not will,
all the faith that you claimed but did not have -
these slumber lightly,
waiting to be awakened
by the touch of a strong purpose.

I am your opportunity
to renew your allegiance to Him who said,
'behold, I make all things new.'

I am the new year.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#93450 Dec 31, 2012
so true wrote:
Happy New Year's to all of you...
Life, I am the new year.
I am an unspoiled page in your book of time.
I am your next chance at the art of living.
I am your opportunity to practice
what you have learned about life
during the last twelve months.
All that you sought
and didn't find is hidden in me,
waiting for you to search it out
with more determination.
All the good that you tried for
and didn't achieve
is mine to grant
when you have fewer conflicting desires.
All that you dreamed but didn't dare to do,
all that you hoped but did not will,
all the faith that you claimed but did not have -
these slumber lightly,
waiting to be awakened
by the touch of a strong purpose.
I am your opportunity
to renew your allegiance to Him who said,
'behold, I make all things new.'
I am the new year.
Said the good Lord Satan

“Legend in my own mind”

Since: Dec 12

Cougar & lovin'it!

#93451 Dec 31, 2012
King James Version
Humanity

Bellevue, WA

#93452 Dec 31, 2012
Have them study religion as literature or history. I learned more about religion with this type of learning than anything that I learned in church. I didnt even know the following until college:
Jesus had a half brother, James
Judas gave up Christ for 30 pieces of silver then hung himself.
"Forgive them father, for they know not what they do."
The spear of destiny which was stabbed into christ while on the cross.
Learned about Mary Magdaline and how Jesus saved her from being stoned to death.
A roman named Constatine putting the gospels in the bible 150 years after the death of Christ and some gospels were left out like the gospel of James, brother of Jesus, and the gospel of Judas.
The list goes on and on. Just take a different approach to teaching it. We read the bible as literature and also in history. Now, I know more about the history than some christians. Try that.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#93454 Jan 1, 2013
epheh wrote:
<quoted text>everyone is from somewhere. i was somewhere before you ever got somewhere
<quoted text>there are no absolutes.
<quoted text>you can show where i made such a statement?
<quoted text>then don't have an abortion. better yet take a ride down stinking creek on your noise maker and don't be naval gazing; especially at others.
"there are no absolutes"
That was an Absolutely Stupid statement!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#93456 Jan 1, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I love how you just make up numbers. Your statistics come from unreliable sources. Did it ever occur to you that the reason a woman has an abortion is not public information?
And there are so many bible verses where your evil god demands that you kill innocent children.
How is YOUR evil god any different than the Aztec god?
If I see some one beating their wife I tend to thump them, usually a bitch slap works because men who beat on women are cowards. Now if I see some one beating on a dog or cat I feed them to the gators. But what does that have to do with abortion?
You believe that killing people who work at womens clinics is justified by your evil god and I say that it is not your right to do so.
Did it ever occur to you that you have been fooled by the devil Jehovah the father of lies and you are worshiping the devil? ACTIONS speak of the true nature and your hate filled gods actions are evil
It's funny how ANY numbers that go against yer idea of truth comes from "Unreliable sources"!
You are such a Tard, and a Lying one at that!
All God wants is for me to tell you, You are Wrong, He is real, and YOU can choose to believe whatever you want!
IF you end up in outer darkness, or in the lake of fire where
Liars go... It is ONLY your choice to do so!
Do not blame God for you getting what you choose!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#93457 Jan 1, 2013
Humanity wrote:
Have them study religion as literature or history. I learned more about religion with this type of learning than anything that I learned in church. I didnt even know the following until college:
Jesus had a half brother, James
Judas gave up Christ for 30 pieces of silver then hung himself.
"Forgive them father, for they know not what they do."
The spear of destiny which was stabbed into christ while on the cross.
Learned about Mary Magdaline and how Jesus saved her from being stoned to death.
A roman named Constatine putting the gospels in the bible 150 years after the death of Christ and some gospels were left out like the gospel of James, brother of Jesus, and the gospel of Judas.
The list goes on and on. Just take a different approach to teaching it. We read the bible as literature and also in history. Now, I know more about the history than some christians. Try that.
The third time I read the Bible, I read it as a History book! That was when it came to life!
There is writings from James(Jesus' brother) in the Bible!
The reason the "Gospel of James", and the "Gospel of Judas"
were omitted from the cannon, was they were written
145AD, and 180AD respectively, AND did not jive with other Gospels!
How could Judas write a Gospel... when he killed himself?
Also...
Constantine could NOT have put the Bible together
a 150 years After Christ's resurection, as Constantine was born
in 272, and became Emperor in 306...
So... yer statement
"I know more about the history than some christians"
Might be true of "Some" Christians, but not the ones that know
more than you!
Hey, but you are learning!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#93458 Jan 1, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
Www.evilbible.com
I think you meant,
www.evilbible.st upid
You can make the reader "Dick, and Jane" sound bad if yoou take it
out of context!
That is all the God haters do, twist it, bend it, quote small pieces of it... Why?
Because they don't know God is real!
I know!
He saved me!
Thank you Jesus!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#93459 Jan 1, 2013
Happy New Year to you all!
May it bring True Wisdom to all!
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#93462 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>Well...
Tissue? ya Jackwagon!
Facts support that christians have abortions, just encase you have not heard this before,"christians are not perfect..just forgiven".
People can see your type are hypocritical when handing out judgements.

Even in the bible god did not require death for abortions, but god would murder the pregnant women along with the fetus in most painful ways imagine.

The bible clearly shows your god could make you eat the fetuses and family members if enraged .

The rabbinic jews of Israel also believe abortion is ok in some circumstances. I'm curious why you never condemn them for that but rush to condemn secular christians and others here in america.

Your type of preaching is a danger to most americans in that it looks to a theocratic type republic like Islam with only your brand of christianity.

The fact is you appear to support a religous dictatorship of the american people, a christofascism of the american people, a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Year 2018 will pass and another date will be set by the goofy christofacist again. Losing more followers to a more secular society for the good of all.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#93464 Jan 1, 2013
Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts support that christians have abortions, just encase you have not heard this before,"christians are not perfect..just forgiven".
Even in the bible god did not require death for abortions, but god would murder the pregnant women along with the fetus in most painful ways imagine.
The bible clearly shows your god could make you eat the fetuses and family members if enraged .
The rabbinic jews of Israel also believe abortion is ok in some circumstances. I'm curious why you never condemn them for that but rush to condemn secular christians and others here in america.
Your type of preaching is a danger to most americans in that it looks to a theocratic type republic like Islam with only your brand of christianity.
The fact is you appear to support a religous dictatorship of the american people, a christofascism of the american people, a wolf in sheeps clothing.
Year 2018 will pass and another date will be set by the goofy christofacist again. Losing more followers to a more secular society for the good of all.
You don't know how lucky you are. That other spaceship dude has got a bunch of scars and they ain't from scratchin' chicken pox. Man, that clothes hanger was after him for nine months. I think his maw still hates him.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#93465 Jan 1, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you keep on telling me your cults fantasy even after I tell you that your cult is full of shit. And that is trying to force your cult on to me. Threats? Instead of some fantasy about a lake of fire why not use something real? Why not threaten to beat me with a base ball bat instead?
Your god can not harm me because I have a chariot of iron
Mornin' Satan Daddy. Don't be gettin' your blood pressure up and invitin folks to put knots on your head with a baseball bat. You got enough problems right now stayin' out of reach of Satan mamas fryin' pan handle. Dang man, that thing hurts.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#93467 Jan 2, 2013
Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
"Facts support that christians have abortions"
NO! Facts support that people that CALL themselves Christians,
really are not!
You believe whatever you want,
we cannot fix stupid, only God can do that, but
You have to kind of want to be less stupid, and I
don't see it in you, or your kind!
Good day!
abort

London, KY

#93468 Jan 2, 2013
If you believe the Bible, God is the biggest abortionist of them all.
<quoted text>"Facts support that christians have abortions"
NO! Facts support that people that CALL themselves Christians,Ifwe cannot fix stupid, only God can do that, but
You have to kind of want to be less stupid, and I
don't see it in you, or your kind!
Good day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Ore arrested again 24 min Said Fred 1
Qualfications of a Pastor? 29 min MisFit Kid 8
laptops 4 sale 1 hr ttwarewolf 12
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 2 hr Knox county 15
kink 3 hr rufus 10
looking for something too rent.... 3 hr remt 2
Shooting at Walmart??? 3 hr MisFit Kid 52
walmart shooting Sun sittin ducks 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance