Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,411

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
kukulkan

Williamsburg, KY

#93414 Dec 29, 2012
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
Dipstick;
Doctor, Doctor!
It hurts when I slam my hand in the door!
.
Doctor;
Stop slamming yer hand in the door, ya Dipstick!
.
Dipstick; That's just yer evil way of controlling me! I'll do what I want!
.
Doctor; Here's my bill, carry on!
.
Only God can fix stupid...
And it's a Gift!
Get your's TODAY!
i've never been to a doctor who insulted their patients.. you're seeing the wrong kind of doctor.
Ye of lil Understanding

Stanton, KY

#93415 Dec 29, 2012
nargal wrote:
<quoted text>the bible teaches humans are animals.
Ecclesiastes 3:18
I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
3:17 I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the
wicked: for [there is] a time there for every purpose and for
every work.
3:18 I said in my heart concerning the state of the sons of men,
that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they
themselves are beasts.
3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts;
even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the
other; yes, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no
pre-eminence above a beast: for all [is] vanity.
3:20 All go to one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to
dust again.
3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the
spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
3:22 Wherefore I perceive that [there is] nothing better, than
that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that [is] his
portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after
him?
chnuphis

Williamsburg, KY

#93416 Dec 29, 2012
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>3:17 I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the
wicked: for [there is] a time there for every purpose and for
every work.
3:18 I said in my heart concerning the state of the sons of men,
that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they
themselves are beasts.
3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts;
even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the
other; yes, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no
pre-eminence above a beast: for all [is] vanity.
3:20 All go to one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to
dust again.
3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the
spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
3:22 Wherefore I perceive that [there is] nothing better, than
that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that [is] his
portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after
him?
and you posted all these scriptures just to reiterate what i've already stated?

i've read the latin rites bible. i've read the latin rites bible many, many times. i didn't have to go to school to do it.

jesus isn't god the ABSOLUTE. religion shouldn't be taught in school and you're the prime example of why it shouldn't be. churches should be taxes because most of them are nothing more than laundering schemes.
Ye of lil Understanding

Stanton, KY

#93417 Dec 29, 2012
quetzalcoatl wrote:
<quoted text>miscarriage in medical terms is called spontaneous abortion.
furthermore the body/form is considered nothing more than a vehicle for the spirit; which is mentioned here.
Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
"miscarriage in medical terms is called spontaneous abortion."
So?
What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?
Thou shalt Not Murder!
Yes!
The Body is a marvelous machine 'designed' just to carry the spirit!
Again... So?
Ye of lil Understanding

Stanton, KY

#93418 Dec 29, 2012
kukulkan wrote:
<quoted text>i've never been to a doctor who insulted their patients.. you're seeing the wrong kind of doctor.
Just exactly where did this doctor, in this story
insult his patient?
Dipstick was his name that I gave to him, not the doctor!
Tissue?

“Sixteen Tons”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#93419 Dec 29, 2012
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Just exactly where did this doctor, in this story
insult his patient?
Dipstick was his name that I gave to him, not the doctor!
Tissue?
I went to see a doctor recently due to knee pain. He told me to stop masturbating. Taken aback, I asked "why"?". He said: "because I'm trying to examine you ya jerk".
kneph

Williamsburg, KY

#93420 Dec 29, 2012
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>"miscarriage in medical terms is called spontaneous abortion."
So?
you said abortion wasn't natural. it is. some animals do it without a medical procedure.
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>What does that have to do with the price of rice in China?
it doesn't, that was the whole point.
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Thou shalt Not Murder!
how do you murder what hasn't been born, or opened the womb, and that which doesn't have the breath of life in it?
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>the Body is a marvelous machine 'designed' just to carry the spirit!
Again... So?
so? so? so? again to carry the spirit, or born the spirit, or from birth?

at what point does the spirit occupy the vehicle?

does a man drive an auto-mobile when it's inoperative?
sabazian

Williamsburg, KY

#93421 Dec 29, 2012
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Just exactly where did this doctor, in this story
insult his patient?
Dipstick was his name that I gave to him, not the doctor!
Tissue?
then i would strongly suggest you give up insults as a form of treatment
Ye of lil Understanding

Stanton, KY

#93422 Dec 29, 2012
chnuphis wrote:
<quoted text>and you posted all these scriptures just to reiterate what i've already stated?
i've read the latin rites bible. i've read the latin rites bible many, many times. i didn't have to go to school to do it.
jesus isn't god the ABSOLUTE. religion shouldn't be taught in school and you're the prime example of why it shouldn't be. churches should be taxes because most of them are nothing more than laundering schemes.
Why did they(the Jews) want to stone Jesus?
Because of Him saying "Before Abraham was, I AM!"
I think your problem is... you read the Latin rites Bible!
As the catholics are FAR from True Christianity!
I agree, that there are many churches out there, that
only use the name of Christ for cash, but NOT ALL!
Fact is this, God is God, and He made a way for US to be with Him,
But Evil wants no part of Him...
Ye of lil Understanding

Stanton, KY

#93423 Dec 29, 2012
kneph wrote:
<quoted text>you said abortion wasn't natural. it is. some animals do it without a medical procedure.
<quoted text>it doesn't, that was the whole point.
<quoted text>how do you murder what hasn't been born, or opened the womb, and that which doesn't have the breath of life in it?
<quoted text>so? so? so? again to carry the spirit, or born the spirit, or from birth?
at what point does the spirit occupy the vehicle?
does a man drive an auto-mobile when it's inoperative?
56,000,000 dead babies, AND Humping yer buddy is NOT
Natural!
IF God knew you before you were knit in your mothers womb, I'd
say it was at Conception!
John the Baptist in his Mothers Womb, Leapt for Joy, at the sound of Marry's voice!
The fact is.... WAIT for Merriage to give the only gift that cannot be returned, or exchanged... THEN the Family can be whole!
The WAY God intended!
I've sat in my 64 Impala SS dreaming of the day I finished re-building it... You know what? I treated it like crap, blew the tranny, blew the engine... Gee, I wish I had it back, but
NOT as much as the time I wasted running from the Lord!
Ye of lil Understanding

Stanton, KY

#93424 Dec 29, 2012
You all have a great day!
Gotta go driving in the snow!
vasuki

Williamsburg, KY

#93425 Dec 29, 2012
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Why did they(the Jews) want to stone Jesus?
because he claimed to be the son of god.

guess what?

Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said,

###For we are also his offspring.###

Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Because of Him saying "Before Abraham was, I AM!"
because he was using the NAME of names; which was considered to holy to utter by a human. kind of contradicts what god moses to tell the people though. tell them "I AM" has sent you.
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I think your problem is... you read the Latin rites Bible!
any translation of the bible; especially the greek is based on a latin transliteration.

all denominations in the western world are generally based on latin rites beliefs via the catholic and eastern orthodox churches.
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>As the catholics are FAR from True Christianity!
then i suggest you find another faith because yours is rooted in catholic dogma through the protestant reformation.
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, that there are many churches out there, that
only use the name of Christ for cash, but NOT ALL!
christianity is a cult. it's a cult of personality. the personality being jesus.
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Fact is this, God is God, and He made a way for US to be with Him,
But Evil wants no part of Him...
fact? again i present you as the epitome of why christianity and religion shouldn't be taught in schools. even your moniker on here is insulting.
vasuki

Williamsburg, KY

#93426 Dec 29, 2012
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>56,000,000 dead babies, AND Humping yer buddy is NOT
Natural!
again, how can it be dead if it were never born?

or is that question to hard for you to answer and it's simply easier to stick with the schtick?
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>IF God knew you before you were knit in your mothers womb, I'd
say it was at Conception!
so life begins at conception for you. can you show the other members of this post where it states that in the bible? that life begins at conception, please?
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>John the Baptist in his Mothers Womb, Leapt for Joy, at the sound of Marry's voice!
marry? is that a freudian slip?

yes it does say the baby leapt in elizabeth's womb but again where does it say that life begins at conception?
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is.... WAIT for Merriage to give the only gift that cannot be returned, or exchanged... THEN the Family can be whole!
that would be nice but did you notice anyone requesting your advice?
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>The WAY God intended!
so were adam and eve married?
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I've sat in my 64 Impala SS dreaming of the day I finished re-building it...
i've sat on a commode and accomplished my task and didn't feel smug about doing it.
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text> You know what? I treated it like crap, blew the tranny, blew the engine... Gee, I wish I had it back, but
NOT as much as the time I wasted running from the Lord!
you blew a tranny?

strange

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#93427 Dec 29, 2012
kneph wrote:
<quoted text>how do you murder what hasn't been born, or opened the womb, and that which doesn't have the breath of life in it?
You do know that right now there are dozens of people in prison for Murder for killing a fetus right? Should we release them since in your view you can't murder that which has not been born?

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#93428 Dec 29, 2012
[quote]Ye of lil Understanding wrote:

<quoted text>56,000,000 dead babies, AND Humping yer buddy is NOT
Natural![/quote]
But all the people your god kills is holy?
tsepha

Williamsburg, KY

#93429 Dec 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that right now there are dozens of people in prison for Murder for killing a fetus right?
yes, laws are based on ethics and morals. obviously those laws change based on current popularity.
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Should we release them since in your view you can't murder that which has not been born?
i was speaking to the other posters ethics/morals in relation to biblical perspective.

personally i don't like the idea of abortion but that is my own conscience choice. personally i like the idea of choice because it agrees with the idea of free will.

also, i suggest you stop gazing at my navel.

you know very little about me and to imply that i don't consider it murder, or do consider it murder, is a big leap of "faith" on your part, when i'm inquiring about another poster's belief on a matter.
S-N-A-F-U

Sierra Vista, AZ

#93430 Dec 29, 2012
Someone in these environs mentioned that religions has no place in the classroom, I agree and so did our founders. However, that doesn't mean the separation of God and his written word the Bible. There is a difference between religion per se and the Bible, the Bible is not a religion, but a 'Philosophy' passed down to humankind by God for their betterment and prosperity -- spiritualy and otherwise.

Most that have been schooled in our dumbed down PubEd system in the last few decades are not aware that our early reader in America was the Bible. Unfortunately, we have those in recent times that have disdain of having a Bible in the classrooms. In today's culture we can't pickup a newspaper filled with degradation on each page, such as murder, rape, corruption,aberrant behavior of every stripe, and Hollywood pumping out sewage -- in the form of gratuitous violence and sex to young skulls full of mush.

If at any time in our history, we need God more than ever-before, instead of this insipid sophistry spewed out by the "god of this world, Satan the devil'(2 Cor. 4:4) and his complicitors in the replacing the wisdom of Jesus Christ....

The following illistrates in detail, the early exposure to God and Jesus Christ in both grade schools and colleges through-out America.....

http://www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/educati...
S-N-A-F-U

Sierra Vista, AZ

#93431 Dec 29, 2012
S-N-A-F-U wrote:
Someone in these environs mentioned that religions has no place in the classroom, I agree and so did our founders. However, that doesn't mean the separation of God and his written word the Bible. There is a difference between religion per se and the Bible, the Bible is not a religion, but a 'Philosophy' passed down to humankind by God for their betterment and prosperity -- spiritualy and otherwise.
Most that have been schooled in our dumbed down PubEd system in the last few decades are not aware that our early reader in America was the Bible. Unfortunately, we have those in recent times that have disdain of having a Bible in the classrooms. In today's culture we can't pickup a newspaper filled with degradation on each page, such as murder, rape, corruption,aberrant behavior of every stripe, and Hollywood pumping out sewage -- in the form of gratuitous violence and sex to young skulls full of mush.
And, pardon the typo's....
If at any time in our history, we need God more than ever-before, instead of this insipid sophistry spewed out by the "god of this world, Satan the devil'(2 Cor. 4:4) and his complicitors in the replacing the wisdom of Jesus Christ....
The following illistrates in detail, the early exposure to God and Jesus Christ in both grade schools and colleges through-out America.....
http://www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/educati...
And, pardon the typo's

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#93432 Dec 29, 2012
S-N-A-F-U wrote:
Someone in these environs mentioned that religions has no place in the classroom, I agree and so did our founders. However, that doesn't mean the separation of God and his written word the Bible. There is a difference between religion per se and the Bible, the Bible is not a religion, but a 'Philosophy' passed down to humankind by God for their betterment and prosperity -- spiritualy and otherwise.
Most that have been schooled in our dumbed down PubEd system in the last few decades are not aware that our early reader in America was the Bible. Unfortunately, we have those in recent times that have disdain of having a Bible in the classrooms. In today's culture we can't pickup a newspaper filled with degradation on each page, such as murder, rape, corruption,aberrant behavior of every stripe, and Hollywood pumping out sewage -- in the form of gratuitous violence and sex to young skulls full of mush.
If at any time in our history, we need God more than ever-before, instead of this insipid sophistry spewed out by the "god of this world, Satan the devil'(2 Cor. 4:4) and his complicitors in the replacing the wisdom of Jesus Christ....
The following illistrates in detail, the early exposure to God and Jesus Christ in both grade schools and colleges through-out America.....
http://www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/educati...
If the bible is gods word than how come it is OK for christians to ignore the laws in the bible? Like eating pork or shrimp, wearing clothing that has two kinds of material, women wearing pants, etc? Oh, then the ten commandments do not apply because they are from the old law?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#93433 Dec 29, 2012
tsepha wrote:
<quoted text>yes, laws are based on ethics and morals. obviously those laws change based on current popularity.
<quoted text>i was speaking to the other posters ethics/morals in relation to biblical perspective.
personally i don't like the idea of abortion but that is my own conscience choice. personally i like the idea of choice because it agrees with the idea of free will.
also, i suggest you stop gazing at my navel.
you know very little about me and to imply that i don't consider it murder, or do consider it murder, is a big leap of "faith" on your part, when i'm inquiring about another poster's belief on a matter.
Great.. at least we are getting somewhere... Abortion is Homicide and Unjustified Homicide is Murder... Kewl.. Good to see you think a abortion doctor that aborts a fetus simply because they are paid to do so is a Murderer for Hire and a Mother that has an Abortion for Convenience is a Murderer... I would also propose that a woman that has more than a couple abortions for convenience are Serial Killers and the Abortion Doctors that preform 100's to 1000's abortions Only because of being paid are Mass Murders...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Mariachi Restaurant 12 min LetItBe 15
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 33 min Courtroom visitor 46
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 33 min country chic 75
Indictments 41 min Go Mary Go 89
big buck in carter hollow 1 hr Unknown 6
If McGhee is this dirty in Campaign, Imagine on... 2 hr Plop 23
Smith political signs being destroyed 2 hr Get smart 6
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 3 hr bad cop 32
Mike Warren embezzled money? 6 hr Captain Obvious 19

Freeze Watch for Knox County was issued at October 31 at 11:15AM EDT

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]