Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166422 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92896 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>What free thought do you speak of. The current attitude of today is 'If it feels good do it'. Where is the respect for parents and authority in todays generation, where is the helping hand people used to give their neighbors, where are the days when you could send your child to school knowing they would be home that afternoon, where are the days when you could go to bed with your doors unlocked and sleep peacefully knowing you were safe, where is the work ethic and respect for human life? If 'free thought' means the death of morality, I would wrather be 'shackled'.
Society has changed more because of technology than from decline of religion. There are 450,000 churches in the US. Has that stopped people from being people? No, there are other causes at work - and also no, it isn't simplistically "Satan."
Were there workhouses, poor farms and prisons, slums and genocidal campaigns against the indians in your "good old days"?
Is there a degradation of morality? Humans have been challenged with that since civilization began. Does religion help make humans civilized? I suppose it does, but that doesn't make the tooth fairy real, either.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#92897 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>Witches WORSHIP nature
Wrong.
Worship is praising something/someone and then begging favors from the thing that is worshipped.
Worship is giving up your own personnal power/self and then hoping the worshipped object will give some back to you.

I appreciate, admire, and enjoy Nature.
Worship? That is just stupid.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92898 Dec 18, 2012
Linda, yes, of course I dislike religies, their hatred makes them dangerous, and I do not villify you religies, you idiots do that on your own by being so hate filled. Stop being such a whiny close minded cowardly christian and prove your god exists.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92899 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
First, nobody is saying you don't have the right to pray or believe in whatever you want. What is said is that the state will not recognize one religion over another - and that includes whatever denomination YOU purport or profess over another. Freedom of others is the price you pay for freedom for yourself.
Second, yes, there is an authority that dictates how and where YOU, your daughter and her friend will pray. Matt. 6:6
Mark 16:15....Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel...
Luke 14:23 ....Go out into the highways and hedges and compel them to come in....

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#92900 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>But its ok for atheists to trample on my rights as a christian. Like I posted before a teacher told my daughters friend she couldnt use a pencil that said Jesus loves you, what are you going to do about it.
Not a damn thing. We were discussing praying.

Besides, how do you construe no "Jesus loves you" pencil as trampling on YOUR rights?

The teacher must rule the class in a orderly way.
What if one of the other kids had an "Allah loves you" pencil?
What if one of the other kids wore an upside cross or pentangle necklace?
What if one of the other kids wrote "God hates fags" on his notebook for all to see as he walked down the hall?

Kids are in school to LEARN, not cause problems.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92901 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Linda, yes, of course I dislike religies, their hatred makes them dangerous, and I do not villify you religies, you idiots do that on your own by being so hate filled. Stop being such a whiny close minded cowardly christian and prove your god exists.
If you dont want me to believe you prove that he doesnt. What hatred are you talking about? What do christians do that make them dangerous, specifics please.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#92902 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>If its just like the Bible then why stop the Bible from being taught, its about the struggle of good vs evil.
Because, oh dense one, they can ONLY be taught as FICTION.
Christians want the bible taught as fact.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92903 Dec 18, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Worship is praising something/someone and then begging favors from the thing that is worshipped.
Worship is giving up your own personnal power/self and then hoping the worshipped object will give some back to you.
I appreciate, admire, and enjoy Nature.
Worship? That is just stupid.
Are you an atheist or not, if you believe that nature holds some force or energy then you are not an atheist but believe in a power.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#92904 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>Mark 16:15....Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel...
Luke 14:23 ....Go out into the highways and hedges and compel them to come in....
Yes, by all means....bring on those religious wars.
If they don't believe like you do, kill them.
The bible endorses it.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92905 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>Only a demonic fool would consider it not a learning tool. Your children will burn in hell for eternity with you, yeah thats love alright.
Have you ever read your evil bible? Killing children, raping children, You evil christians lie about everything the threat of Hell? Why do you need threats if your god is real? Threats are proof that you know your religion is based on a lie

“See how you are?”

Earth

#92906 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>So your teacher forced you to bow your head and pray, she forced you to speak words you didnt want to say?
You have no idea.
Prepare for Morning prayer, 6:30, Prayer 7AM. breakfast blessing 7:30 Lunch blessing 11:30 Dinner blessing 5:30 Prepare for Vespers 7:30. Vespers, 8:15 PM
My personal story is not something I will place on the internet for your amusement, and I couldn't care less if you somehow construe that as a warped vindication.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92907 Dec 18, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a damn thing. We were discussing praying.
Besides, how do you construe no "Jesus loves you" pencil as trampling on YOUR rights?
The teacher must rule the class in a orderly way.
What if one of the other kids had an "Allah loves you" pencil?
What if one of the other kids wore an upside cross or pentangle necklace?
What if one of the other kids wrote "God hates fags" on his notebook for all to see as he walked down the hall?
Kids are in school to LEARN, not cause problems.
Oh really, so muslim girls can wear their headscarves and that perfectly fine but no Jesus allowed. PECILS WITH SMILEY FACES AND BUTTEFLIES ARE FINE JUST NO jESUS BECAUSE THAT MIGHT OFFEND AN ATHEIST.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92908 Dec 18, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, by all means....bring on those religious wars.
If they don't believe like you do, kill them.
The bible endorses it.
liAR, YOUR EVILNESS IS STARTING TO PEEK THROUGH

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92909 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>If you dont want me to believe you prove that he doesnt. What hatred are you talking about? What do christians do that make them dangerous, specifics please.
Lets see, we proved that the world is round not flat, we proved that stars are distant suns not angels, we proved that illness is caused by germs not unclean spirits, we proved that the earth orbits the sun, we proved that there is no heaven floating above the earth, we proved that the tower of babble is a lie,
How much more proof do you want? We proved that your cult is sick and evil by all of the children the catholics and baptist have raped.
NOW YOU OFFER ONE PIECE OF PROOF THAT YOUR EVIL GOD EXIST! Do not quote the lying bible that is the claim not the proof.
Hey, if your god did exist then the CT shooting proves he is evil!
linda

Dalton, GA

#92910 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea.
Prepare for Morning prayer, 6:30, Prayer 7AM. breakfast blessing 7:30 Lunch blessing 11:30 Dinner blessing 5:30 Prepare for Vespers 7:30. Vespers, 8:15 PM
My personal story is not something I will place on the internet for your amusement, and I couldn't care less if you somehow construe that as a warped vindication.
I dont know what religion you are, never heard of vespars.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92911 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>Are you an atheist or not, if you believe that nature holds some force or energy then you are not an atheist but believe in a power.
Believing in a higher pwer does not meen believing that the god you created is real. If there was a god it would not be the god that justifies your hate blood lust and perversions, It would not place you above others

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92912 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>liAR, YOUR EVILNESS IS STARTING TO PEEK THROUGH
Please show me that you believe your bible is the word of god by following first timothy chapter two verse twelve
linda

Dalton, GA

#92913 Dec 18, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is all of that? Same place it always was...nowhere.
Ah, you are one of those rose-colored glasses folks who thinks the world was a beautiful, safe, caring place....and only just a little while ago because you can sort of remember it being that way.
You were a child and didn't know that the world can be harsh and cruel.
Also you didn't have the Internet to instantly tell you what terrible things are happening everywhere.
There have always been killers, sadists, maniacs, war-mongers...and heroes, philanthropists, and innocents. That's Life.
You truly are shackled...by your self-imposed ignorance.
Really witch? Look it up yourself, how many kids were kidnapped and murdered in 1950 vs 2012, look at the robberies, rapes, murders. Dont take my word for it or are you implementing self-ignorance on yourself.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#92914 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my goodness, at least be intellectually honest in this debate. You know vey well what HP is about.
Yes, I know very well that HP is a fantasy about a world that does not exist. It is no different than Star Wars, Star Trek, the Lord of the Rings, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Cinderella or Snow White. It is YOU who does not distinguish between what is real and what is imaginary.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92915 Dec 18, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see, we proved that the world is round not flat, we proved that stars are distant suns not angels, we proved that illness is caused by germs not unclean spirits, we proved that the earth orbits the sun, we proved that there is no heaven floating above the earth, we proved that the tower of babble is a lie,
How much more proof do you want? We proved that your cult is sick and evil by all of the children the catholics and baptist have raped.
NOW YOU OFFER ONE PIECE OF PROOF THAT YOUR EVIL GOD EXIST! Do not quote the lying bible that is the claim not the proof.
Hey, if your god did exist then the CT shooting proves he is evil!
Where was God? I though God cared about the little children. God protects the little children. Where was God when all this went down. Here's the bottom line, God is not going to go where he is not wanted.
Now we have spent since 1962-- we're 50 years into this now--we have spent 50 years telling God to get lost, telling God we do not want you in our schools, we don't want to pray to you in our schools, we do not want to pray to your before football games, we don't want to pray to you at graduations, we don't want anybody talking about you in a graduation speech...
In 1962 we kicked prayer out of the schools. In 1963 we kicked God's word out of ours schools. In 1980 we kicked the Ten Commandments out of our schools. We've kicked God out of our public school system. And I think God would say to us,'Hey, I'll be glad to protect your children, but you've got to invite me back into your world first. I'm not going to go where I'm not wanted. I am a gentlemen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
J dozier Dozier lane 39 min what do u expect 2
Scotty Trent is a real catch ladies 48 min Old buddy 1
John G 2 hr Nasty 7
Eclipse Glasses 2 hr Ben 1
Jobeth hobeth 5 hr Guy 2
Unfaithful 10 hr Lady Love 11
eddie marsee (Dec '09) 10 hr Grow up 47

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance