Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151985 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92868 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>What I've learned well in my many debates with atheists is that one line zingers actaually mean they have nothing intelligent or informative to say. So they resort to Peewee Herman tactics, "I know you are but what I'm I"
I normally don't directly reply to you religies that are not registered for the simple reason you idiots just denie you posted it, with that being said, YOU claim Atheism is a religion, you are wrong. You claim a god exists, Prove It. You are just like yaa, 7th trump, defender, zany and all the other religie dumbasses, you got nothing. If you have a question log in create an account and we will discuss your false religion, till that time, prove your god exists or only be a whiny close minded cowardly christian hiding behind your non-existent god.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92869 Dec 18, 2012
Withcraft is a RELIGION, SEE YOU PROVE MY POINT BEAUTIFULLY, THANKS FOR POSTING.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#92870 Dec 18, 2012
*giggle*

Just had an image in my mind of a person standing on a street waiting for a bus.
Then a stranger walks up, smacks him, and shouts "Stop that praying! I don't want you to do that!"

*snicker*

This is what Christians would have us believe happens to them; they are sooooo persecuted.(It makes them think they are more "holy.")

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92871 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
Why are atheists such whiny close minded cowards? They are not forced to pray, bow their heads or recite the pledge, yet they try to force you NOT to pray. They are not forced to participate in religious activities or forced to watch religious programming but they try to take that right away from you.
They cry about a christmas movie being shown but saying nothing when Harry Potter is viewed at school. Harry Potter is about witchcraft, a religion, but they are silent about that. They only fight against christianity being mentioned. I guess they know in their deep dark heart Christ is REAL, thats why they fight against him only
Wrong, and you know it. As a child I WAS forced to bow my head and pray, to recite pledges and prayers, to participate in religious activities and programs.
Harry Potter has as much to do with witchcraft as a bison herd has to do Edison inventing the light bulb. Have you even seen a Harry Potter movie?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#92872 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Typical christian harry potter must seem very real to you religies. Surprise Suprise. P.S. its a movie. My children were men and women long before harry potter became a christian bane.
Good morning, LOL. Happy Holidays to you, whichever one you enjoy.

Linda must have missed the part where the students at Hogwort's celebrated CHRISTMAS.
Not Yule, not Festivus, not Saturnalia...nope, none of those pagan festivals.

She must also have missed the parts about Harry leading the fight AGAINST Evil.

HP is a fable about the struggle of "good" versus "evil."
Hmmmm.... just like the bible.

It's sad that many people don't know the difference between fiction and reality.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92873 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
I normally don't directly reply to you religies that are not registered for the simple reason you idiots just denie you posted it, with that being said, YOU claim Atheism is a religion, you are wrong. You claim a god exists, Prove It. You are just like yaa, 7th trump, defender, zany and all the other religie dumbasses, you got nothing. If you have a question log in create an account and we will discuss your false religion, till that time, prove your god exists or only be a whiny close minded cowardly christian hiding behind your non-existent god.
Atheism is a religion, its based on faith, unproved dogma, unfounded transitional- species fossils. You have zealots like yourself that shout and stomp your feet to prove God doesnt exist. All atheists are bound together by a BELIEF in evolution its your religion.

“There is no god.”

USA

#92874 Dec 18, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
*giggle*
Just had an image in my mind of a person standing on a street waiting for a bus.
Then a stranger walks up, smacks him, and shouts "Stop that praying! I don't want you to do that!"
*snicker*
This is what Christians would have us believe happens to them; they are sooooo persecuted.(It makes them think they are more "holy.")
Yep, and their leaders will get us in the end, literally if you happen to be under age.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#92875 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
Withcraft is a RELIGION, SEE YOU PROVE MY POINT BEAUTIFULLY, THANKS FOR POSTING.
Would you care to point out who "proved" this for you?

Witchcraft is using one's personal power to alter their own world.
No belief in a deity required.

You are very dense.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92876 Dec 18, 2012
awitchinthewoods said.. Would you please show me who is forbidding you to pray as loud as you want to in your church or your own home? Or silently ANYWHERE?
I will personally do something about it.

First of all my free speech rights says I can pray ALOUD anywhere I want to. Free speech doesnt end at the school house doors. Second a teacher told my daughters friend she couldnt use a pencil that said,'Jesus loves you', what are you going to do about it? Nothing because you dont believe in religious rights.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#92877 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>Why should I,you two are not rocket scientists, your theories you copy from atheist websites, whats the diff?
LOL!
If I were a rocket scientist, wouldn't your hatred of humanistic science demonize me, anyway?
I don't believe in cutting and pasting from atheist web sites. They have too much resemblance to organized religion for my taste.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92878 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Typical christian harry potter must seem very real to you religies. Surprise Suprise. P.S. its a movie. My children were men and women long before harry potter became a christian bane.
You must be pretty old then, look at it this way, youre only one breath away from finding out whose right and whose wrong, me or you.

“There is no god.”

USA

#92879 Dec 18, 2012
See, your ignorance is showing linda, Atheism does not require an atheist to care how we came to be, evolution has nothing to do with Atheism. Try again you whiny close minded cowardly christian(I really like that, thanks).

“There is no god.”

USA

#92880 Dec 18, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, LOL. Happy Holidays to you, whichever one you enjoy.
Linda must have missed the part where the students at Hogwort's celebrated CHRISTMAS.
Not Yule, not Festivus, not Saturnalia...nope, none of those pagan festivals.
She must also have missed the parts about Harry leading the fight AGAINST Evil.
HP is a fable about the struggle of "good" versus "evil."
Hmmmm.... just like the bible.
It's sad that many people don't know the difference between fiction and reality.
Hiya Witch, hope you also have a very happy holiday season. Yes the religious nuts on here display their ignorance every time they post and its dangerous, such hatred.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#92881 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is a religion, its based on faith, unproved dogma, unfounded transitional- species fossils. You have zealots like yourself that shout and stomp your feet to prove God doesnt exist. All atheists are bound together by a BELIEF in evolution its your religion.
One confused little mind, you've got there. I've never seen anybody shouting and stomping while handing out Origin of Species pamphlets on street corners. I've seen it Christians doing it with their material, tho... Might I ask, are you now or have you ever been under psychiatric care?
linda

Dalton, GA

#92882 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm wrong, that is my doing and will answer for myself. If you are wrong, you would doom another generation to the shackles of superstition and the damnation of free thought.
What free thought do you speak of. The current attitude of today is 'If it feels good do it'. Where is the respect for parents and authority in todays generation, where is the helping hand people used to give their neighbors, where are the days when you could send your child to school knowing they would be home that afternoon, where are the days when you could go to bed with your doors unlocked and sleep peacefully knowing you were safe, where is the work ethic and respect for human life? If 'free thought' means the death of morality, I would wrather be 'shackled'.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92883 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
See, your ignorance is showing linda, Atheism does not require an atheist to care how we came to be, evolution has nothing to do with Atheism. Try again you whiny close minded cowardly christian(I really like that, thanks).
Why are you such a coward as not to admit your belifs, you believe in evolution, you know it and I know it to.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92884 Dec 18, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you care to point out who "proved" this for you?
Witchcraft is using one's personal power to alter their own world.
No belief in a deity required.
You are very dense.
Witches WORSHIP nature

“There is no god.”

USA

#92885 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>You must be pretty old then, look at it this way, youre only one breath away from finding out whose right and whose wrong, me or you.
And you are an idiot, if you think you are correct.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92886 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, and you know it. As a child I WAS forced to bow my head and pray, to recite pledges and prayers, to participate in religious activities and programs.
Harry Potter has as much to do with witchcraft as a bison herd has to do Edison inventing the light bulb. Have you even seen a Harry Potter movie?
Oh my goodness, at least be intellectually honest in this debate. You know vey well what HP is about.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#92887 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
awitchinthewoods said.. Would you please show me who is forbidding you to pray as loud as you want to in your church or your own home? Or silently ANYWHERE?
I will personally do something about it.
First of all my free speech rights says I can pray ALOUD anywhere I want to. Free speech doesnt end at the school house doors. Second a teacher told my daughters friend she couldnt use a pencil that said,'Jesus loves you', what are you going to do about it? Nothing because you dont believe in religious rights.
Nice try. But "freedom of speech" doesn't allow you to stand up praying in a mosque during their worship, shout out your prayers in a theatre during a performance, or in a restaurant full of diners.

YOU have the right to "freedom of speech" as long as you do not infringe on other people's rights.
YOU have "religious rights" (the right to practice YOUR particular brand of religion) as long as you are not trampling on the rights of others.

Religion has NO place in schools.
No praying in schools and no education in church.
Seems fair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Annual east 80 sale in london ky 10 min Concerned 1
Will someone loan me $6000? (Apr '11) 30 min well 41
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 30 min mediater 23
outlaws 32 min well 19
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 35 min well 13
karla back 36 min well 2
No regrets 37 min well 10
Education 39 min Quantummist 20
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 7 hr Ricky 57

Barbourville Jobs