Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148120 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92843 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not hide my money from my country and I do not shirk my civic duties to fund my country. I do not irrationally blame the president for the necessity of signing budgets passed by congress.
Your hero's charities are his tithes as demanded by his cult. A taker like myself? You have no idea of my finances, and so again and still brand yourself as a false witness.
Yep, a liar that one is.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92844 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
I got another mean face for this and I understand why, god did not kill noah and his family just everyone else. Is that better, lol.
Don't forget he killed those vermin dinosaurs, too. Before Noah those pesky stegosauri were hell on vegetable gardens.

“There is no god.”

USA

#92845 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The right winger Christians love them some children - until they are born, then they are the freeloaders who don't pay for food, housing and education.
Yep.

“There is no god.”

USA

#92846 Dec 18, 2012
No Atheist fears what does not exist, hell is to keep you christian idiots putting money in the plate, lmao, turn or burn as another idiot used to say.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92847 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The right winger Christians love them some children - until they are born, then they are the freeloaders who don't pay for food, housing and education.
Thats so stupid!!!! Theres a wbsite that tells how every senator and congressman votes on an issue, go look it up and quit being an atheist puppet on a string.

“There is no god.”

USA

#92848 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget he killed those vermin dinosaurs, too. Before Noah those pesky stegosauri were hell on vegetable gardens.
Lol, toooo funny.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92849 Dec 18, 2012
Why are atheists such whiny close minded cowards? They are not forced to pray, bow their heads or recite the pledge, yet they try to force you NOT to pray. They are not forced to participate in religious activities or forced to watch religious programming but they try to take that right away from you.
They cry about a christmas movie being shown but saying nothing when Harry Potter is viewed at school. Harry Potter is about witchcraft, a religion, but they are silent about that. They only fight against christianity being mentioned. I guess they know in their deep dark heart Christ is REAL, thats why they fight against him only

“There is no god.”

USA

#92850 Dec 18, 2012
I have proof I love my children.......

I keep them away from christian idiots.

POOF, there it is, LMAO.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#92851 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text> Thats true, they teach about the inqusition but will not teach any "bad" history on islam.
ROFL! That's because the religious right goes ballistic every time a school considers teaching ANYTHING about Islam - even the bad stuff!
linda

Dalton, GA

#92852 Dec 18, 2012
There are no evolutionary transitions that have ever been observed, either during human history or in the fossil record of the past; and the universal law of entropy seems to make it impossible on any significant scale.
The fact is that evolutionists believe in evolution because they want to. It is their desire at all costs to explain the origin of everything without a Creator. Evolutionism is thus intrinsically an atheistic religion. Some may prefer to call it humanism, and New Age evolutionists may place it in the context of some form of pantheism, but they all amount to the same thing. Whether atheism or humanism (or even pantheism), the purpose is to eliminate a personal God from any active role in the origin of the universe and all its components, including man

“There is no god.”

USA

#92853 Dec 18, 2012
Lmao, Atheists do not fight against christ or god, these myths are not real. I can not speak for all Atheists as you religies do for your gods, but I for one do not like you religies, you religies want to prey on children, you are sickos.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92854 Dec 18, 2012
atheism, no less than theism, is a religion! Even doctrinaire-atheistic evolutionist Richard Dawkins admits that atheism cannot be proven to be true.

Of course we can't prove that there isn't a God.5

Therefore, they must believe it, and that makes it a religion. The atheistic nature of evolution is not only admitted, but insisted upon, by most of the leaders of evolutionary thought. Ernst Mayr, for example, says that:

Darwinism rejects all supernatural phenomena and causations.6

A professor in the Department of Biology at Kansas State University says:

Even if all the data point to an intelligent designer, such a hypothesis is excluded from science because it is not naturalistic.7

It is well known in the scientific world today that such influential evolutionists as Stephen Jay Gould and Edward Wilson of Harvard, Richard Dawkins of England, William Provine of Cornell, and numerous other evolutionary spokesmen are dogmatic atheists. Eminent scientific philosopher and ardent Darwinian atheist Michael Ruse has even acknowledged that evolution is their religion!

Evolution is promoted by its practitioners as more than mere science. Evolution is promulgated as an ideology, a secular religion—a full-fledged alternative to Christianity, with meaning and morality.... Evolution is a religion. This was true of evolution in the beginning, and it is true of evolution still today. 8
linda

Dalton, GA

#92855 Dec 18, 2012
They must believe in evolution, therefore, in spite of all the evidence, not because of it. And speaking of deceptions, note the following remarkable statement.

We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs,... in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated commitment to materialism.... we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counterintuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.10

The author of this frank statement is Richard Lewontin of Harvard. Since evolution is not a laboratory science, there is no way to test its validity, so all sorts of justso stories are contrived to adorn the textbooks. But that doesn't make them true! An evolutionist reviewing a recent book by another (but more critical) evolutionist, says:

We cannot identify ancestors or "missing links," and we cannot devise testable theories to explain how particular episodes of evolution came about. Gee is adamant that all the popular stories about how the first amphibians conquered the dry land, how the birds developed wings and feathers for flying, how the dinosaurs went extinct, and how humans evolved from apes are just products of our imagination, driven by prejudices and preconceptions.11

A fascinatingly honest admission by a physicist indicates the passionate commitment of establishment scientists to naturalism. Speaking of the trust students naturally place in their highly educated college professors, he says:

And I use that trust to effectively brainwash them.... our teaching methods are primarily those of propaganda. We appeal—without demonstration—to evidence that supports our position. We only introduce arguments and evidence that supports the currently accepted theories and omit or gloss over any evidence to the contrary.12

“There is no god.”

USA

#92856 Dec 18, 2012
"whiny close minded cowards" That defines christians very well, thank you, I will use it often.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#92857 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
There are no evolutionary transitions that have ever been observed, either during human history or in the fossil record of the past; and the universal law of entropy seems to make it impossible on any significant scale.
The fact is that evolutionists believe in evolution because they want to. It is their desire at all costs to explain the origin of everything without a Creator. Evolutionism is thus intrinsically an atheistic religion. Some may prefer to call it humanism, and New Age evolutionists may place it in the context of some form of pantheism, but they all amount to the same thing. Whether atheism or humanism (or even pantheism), the purpose is to eliminate a personal God from any active role in the origin of the universe and all its components, including man
Unfortunately for you - and by your very own standards, the "evidence" to support creationism (or even pantheism) is a couple orders of magnitude less credible than the theory of evolution - EVEN IF that theory is completely wrong. That is the consequence when it is your desire at all costs to explain the origin of everything with a Creator.

“There is no god.”

USA

#92858 Dec 18, 2012
Only a whiny close minded cowardly christian would copy and paste a whole website.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#92859 Dec 18, 2012
Knock off the pages of cut and paste. In case you've never noticed, nobody on Topix is interested in joining your book of the day club. Post your own words and keep it succinct.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92860 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
"whiny close minded cowards" That defines christians very well, thank you, I will use it often.
What I've learned well in my many debates with atheists is that one line zingers actaually mean they have nothing intelligent or informative to say. So they resort to Peewee Herman tactics, "I know you are but what I'm I"
linda

Dalton, GA

#92861 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you - and by your very own standards, the "evidence" to support creationism (or even pantheism) is a couple orders of magnitude less credible than the theory of evolution - EVEN IF that theory is completely wrong. That is the consequence when it is your desire at all costs to explain the origin of everything with a Creator.
If I'm wrong I've lost nothing, if you're wrong youve lost everything.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92862 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
Knock off the pages of cut and paste. In case you've never noticed, nobody on Topix is interested in joining your book of the day club. Post your own words and keep it succinct.
Why should I,you two are not rocket scientists, your theories you copy from atheist websites, whats the diff?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pam bargo removes post very quick ! 3 min Huh 11
Megan Eagle Brewer 29 min kilroy 2
Tan 4 door Chevy S-10 2 hr Jesse 1
Jenny bucannon mills 2 hr Concerned 3
Cindy Carnes and all her job opportunuties (Jun '15) 4 hr Ali 12
gator selling his truck 7 hr Apathetictickler 16
Brandie Blankenship is hot (May '15) 8 hr Whateva 5
Board Meeting Fri please pineville 53
More from around the web

Personal Finance