Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
88,781 - 88,800 of 128,674 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

School shooting history wrote:
I read that the first school shooting in the U.S. occurred in 1700s. I found at least 12 school shootings during the 1800s. You lose, thanks for playing. Your stupid religion does not curb violence, to the contrary, it has a long, bloody history...missionaries causing a great deal of it.
http://www.k12academics.com/school-shootings/...
<quoted text>
What did they kill?
One student, or one teacher?
Pretty hard to quik load a musket!
Besides... satan has been around a long time
mucking things up... anyway he can!
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>You just had to be the first one to say it, didn't you?
You are disgusting.
Disgusting is using a tragedy to promote their atheism ... Do you have any respect?
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You just had to be the first one to say it, didn't you?
You are disgusting.
Hey!
I didn't tell you how disgusting you Anti-Prayer rant was!
Oh yes... it was disgusting!
When you are on your knees in front of the Lord...
You think of how disgusting you are!
We do pray for wisdom for you, if it helps in the end...
Let us know!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The "good thing"? I am sure that the family would want them alive. Now they no longer exist. There is no god or "father" there is no eternity, they are dead.
Do you freaks use drugs before you say shit like this?
No!
We don't use drugs... that was yesterday...
Do you use your brains before you post tripe like this?
No! We know you do not!
God is real, and you WILL know it too!
be well

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Saying you will pray for some one is like saying that you want to make them think you are doing something when you are thinking about them.
Prayer has NEVER done anything.
You think of them , I will pray for them. My prayers may not be answered, but I chose to send them anyway. We all feel for those who lost loved ones. No matter if you think of God or not , hearts are in pain, and we are all human.. Some will never hold their precious babies again...
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

You all have a Great day!
God Loves even the ignorant!
Yes and Amen Not theTroll

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

be well wrote:
<quoted text>You think of them , I will pray for them. My prayers may not be answered, but I chose to send them anyway. We all feel for those who lost loved ones. No matter if you think of God or not , hearts are in pain, and we are all human.. Some will never hold their precious babies again...
I pray for them too!
But we live in a world where it's ok to Kill children before they are born (57,000,000) Pray for those Mothers that killed their own kids too!
Amen!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Loss of love ones is something within us "God is telling us."
Yes and Amen

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>The Good thing is...
Those kids are with the Father now! It's the rest of them/us
that have to deal with the problem!
God Bless them all!
Amen!
Lie. There is no god. These kids are dead and their parents hearts are destroyed forever, sad indeed. But lies of heaven and hell won't help anyone. There is no soul, only life. People have a choice, love each other or kill each other. God did not take a bullet for one child.
How stupid can you be

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
You all have a Great day!
God Loves even the ignorant!
God is a by line a badly written book. Prayer is asking god to deciede to do something else or change his mind,, while he does change his mind constantly, I don't see it helping the poor parents.
Yes and Amen Not theTroll

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Santa Clause , better to pray to him since he is not a baby killer like the biblical god. Being a good human is the best you can hope for.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting is using a tragedy to promote their atheism ... Do you have any respect?
No disgusting is using some ones pain to push your cult on them. I bet it was "gods will" and they are with "god" now. bullshit
Did you know any of them? Have you ever heard of any of them before this? Then you are lying if you say you care about some one who you never knew existed

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

be well wrote:
<quoted text>You think of them , I will pray for them. My prayers may not be answered, but I chose to send them anyway. We all feel for those who lost loved ones. No matter if you think of God or not , hearts are in pain, and we are all human.. Some will never hold their precious babies again...
Oh but the children are "in heaven now, with god now" You should celebrate and be happy for them right? Or you do not really believe in god?
How stupid can you be

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

For them who think it is so great to die and go be with god.... help yourself, what are you waiting for.
truth

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

You say that if god was kept in schools these shootings would not have happened? Then tell me how come all of those children in church where raped by christian priest? Why didnt your god stop that?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>So true!
And just about every house had a gun, doors were left unlocked, cars with keys in them...
It's a sick, and twisted world out there!
If secular schools were taken over by churches it would not stop acts of violence by its members. Killings in churches by church members are on record. BTK, does that ring a bell?

Churches allow murders,child rapist,child killers, any sort of criminal back into the churches if they claim to repent.

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>The Good thing is...
Those kids are with the Father now! It's the rest of them/us
that have to deal with the problem!
God Bless them all!
Amen!
The children of the Nephilim (demons) are with the Father now by your understanding, waiting to be implanted into a unsuspecting females.

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen Not theTroll wrote:
<quoted text>I pray for them too!
But we live in a world where it's ok to Kill children before they are born (57,000,000) Pray for those Mothers that killed their own kids too!
Amen!
Don't forget the nukes we dropped on Japan that killed many children and as a christian nation that did not stop us from doing so, why was that?
Redguy

Palatka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the nukes we dropped on Japan that killed many children and as a christian nation that did not stop us from doing so, why was that?
Wounded Knee, Trail of Tears, Ludlow, Mai Lai, Rosewood, Dresden, Tokyo... to have a nice old fashioned atrocity, a nuke might make it quicker and a religion might make it seem more righteous, but neither one is necessary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_n...
LSquare

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

There are 313 religions & denominations in the U.S.(22 major religions) Christianity is #1, but secular or non-religious is #2.(#3 is Judaism & #4 is Islam) We have so many other religions from Mormonism to Sikhism to Unitarian to Santeria to Shintoism to Hinduism & on & on & on. You get my drift. Public schools & public facilities are built, managed & maintained by tax money. All people pay taxes no matter what religion they are & this is the reason that no religion should have preference in a public facility. It is simple. If you want your children to say specific prayers in school or perform specific religious rights in school then send them to a private religious school. Like I said, it is simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Step Chid after divorce 8 min stephanie 4
Stivers Center fixes 53 min houses 52
SEC Network 1 hr kyfootballi 3
i miss my amy 1 hr sarah 2
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr brad 146,295
scott parrott living with another woman...what ... (Aug '10) 1 hr friend of friend 12
Anthony Smith 2 hr candy 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE