Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,439)

Showing posts 88,761 - 88,780 of128,054
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
When missionaries were allowed to go to schools to teach the bible you never heard of shootings like you do now.
<quoted text>
Where did you grow up? Nairobi? Uruguay? I never saw a "missionary" cross the threshold of any school I went to.
You also didn't see banks working with drug cartels and the NRA trying to guarantee a thug's right to own a trunk full of assault rifles.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Scientists (loosly termed) like Dawkins Hate God, and work for satan... They have no proof
So.....who's in charge of Hell?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sad day

Lot of people, mostly elementary school children, were shot and killed at a Newtown, Conn.

http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-school-dis...

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
When missionaries were allowed to go to schools to teach the bible you never heard of shootings like you do now.
<quoted text>
When christians taught at schools more children where sexually abused by the christians
What about kent state? Do you remember those shootings?
I blame the horrible guilt that your cult puts on children just for being born that warps young minds and leads to these shootings, after all "god" told them t do it
such a shame

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

I dont care who you are or what you believe in . We all need to pray for those families at this time. Such a sad day for many , who have had to see something that noone should ever go thru. No parent wants to outlive their children . The sweet little ones, who will never grow older or grow up to have a family of their own. Hugs and Love too all of those in this time of need..

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

such a shame wrote:
I dont care who you are or what you believe in . We all need to pray for those families at this time. Such a sad day for many , who have had to see something that noone should ever go thru. No parent wants to outlive their children . The sweet little ones, who will never grow older or grow up to have a family of their own. Hugs and Love too all of those in this time of need..
Praying for those families won't help them one bit.

Tell me...if you were the parent of one of those children who was killed, is it going to make you feel the least bit, even the tiniest bit, better to know that others feel sorry for you?

Prayers will not bring those kids back nor will they comfort the survivors.

There is NO comfort for this kind of pain.
I wish there was.
Yes and Amen

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

such a shame wrote:
The biblical god sent out a bear to kill 42 children,, who prayed for them?
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
So true!
And just about every house had a gun, doors were left unlocked, cars with keys in them...
It's a sick, and twisted world out there!
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

such a shame wrote:
The Good thing is...
Those kids are with the Father now! It's the rest of them/us
that have to deal with the problem!
God Bless them all!
Amen!
Dec 21 2012

Logan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Will it happen? Only God knows....

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Dec 21 2012 wrote:
If you are stupid enough to believe end of the world crap then I have a bridge to sell you
School shooting history

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

I read that the first school shooting in the U.S. occurred in 1700s. I found at least 12 school shootings during the 1800s. You lose, thanks for playing. Your stupid religion does not curb violence, to the contrary, it has a long, bloody history...missionaries causing a great deal of it.

http://www.k12academics.com/school-shootings/...
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

brother/sister duo continues to blend an uplifting message with a traditional sound and sibling harmonies as they take time to reflect on their own roots.
focus much of their attention on family throughout the song set. Generally alternating who takes the lead vocal from song to song, thoughts and feelings range from those who have helped shape them to the emotions involved in dealing with the loss of loved ones
returns to the place he was raised. Over a rolling rhythm section full of warm guitars and he sings , What I’m seein’ in my windshield / Once I saw in my rear view mirror. echoes these thoughts of belonging and upbringing on “Living Scrapbook,” I am who I am .

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>Praying for those families won't help them one bit.

Tell me...if you were the parent of one of those children who was killed, is it going to make you feel the least bit, even the tiniest bit, better to know that others feel sorry for you?

Prayers will not bring those kids back nor will they comfort the survivors.

There is NO comfort for this kind of pain.
I wish there was.
People pray for others and send them well wishes as a way to do what little they can... You bottom feeders never understand anything because you are to wrapped up in yourself....

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
People pray for others and send them well wishes as a way to do what little they can... You bottom feeders never understand anything because you are to wrapped up in yourself....
"What LITTLE they can." Yes, that's about it.
Instead of actually DOING something, they talk to their imaginary friend.
It's easy and costs nothing...and it does nothing but ease their own guilt over the fact they are relieved that it didn't happen to them.

I would have to say that the person who believes that their words are reaching the ears of an invisible superbeing (and that it cares enough to respond to those requests) is the person who is too wrapped up in their own self-importance.

You belittle their very real pain with your fantasy.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>The Good thing is...
Those kids are with the Father now!
You just had to be the first one to say it, didn't you?
You are disgusting.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying you will pray for some one is like saying that you want to make them think you are doing something when you are thinking about them.
Prayer has NEVER done anything.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>The Good thing is...
Those kids are with the Father now! It's the rest of them/us
that have to deal with the problem!
God Bless them all!
Amen!
The "good thing"? I am sure that the family would want them alive. Now they no longer exist. There is no god or "father" there is no eternity, they are dead.
Do you freaks use drugs before you say shit like this?
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Dec 21 2012 wrote:
True! Only God knows, but...
He did leave us a note, a book to tell us!
The facts are the Myan calendar ended several month ago, as
we have leap year, and they did not!
We've got a few more years... only a few!
Amen!
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>"What LITTLE they can." Yes, that's about it.
Instead of actually DOING something, they talk to their imaginary friend.
It's easy and costs nothing...and it does nothing but ease their own guilt over the fact they are relieved that it didn't happen to them.

I would have to say that the person who believes that their words are reaching the ears of an invisible superbeing (and that it cares enough to respond to those requests) is the person who is too wrapped up in their own self-importance.

You belittle their very real pain with your fantasy.
Like I said ... You're a bottom feeder.. Low life...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 88,761 - 88,780 of128,054
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 min Poles 26,176
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Jay 144,992
Barbourville topix 17 min Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 53 min Just Looking 1
Truddy 1 hr Just Looking 3
looking for a mini pot belly pig 1 hr Shy 3
KC Basketball Coach 1 hr Panther Fanz 71
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 2 hr onefoehim 390
•••