Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,232

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#92617 Dec 14, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Non christians are for most part better read on the bible than christians, hence they see the reality of the book being fictional. The new testament was made to switch the thinking from the stupidity of the the bible to "faith" thereby taking the educated mind off the facts god was a mean, baby killing, regretful, jealous god that made many, many mistakes. Not cool for a perfect being. If a god could construct the heavens, earth, people and every thing in the cosmos, why would he whisper in a cave dwellers ear "I sent out a two bears to kill some kids today". Christians dismiss the old testament as "don't matter" "Grace", "Mysterious ways",, but these are not godly acts, nor smashing babies against rocks,, no creator of all things would put himself in that very failed position. No god would need to change his mind more than his underwear. So, luckily the non christian is here, to open your eyes to if there is a god, he is most certainly not the many flawed one of the scribbles called the bible.
I know... it seems unwise to believe in what the Bible says... until you have what we call a "God Experience"...
Which I've had!
Science will never prove God, or me wrong!
Once one is saved, it becomes so clear who is unwise!
I pray you have a God experience too, but
until then... Believe whatever you want :-)
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#92618 Dec 14, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Mom... God Bless her!
She was an RN on 3-11pm shift.
We'd bought some pigeons(10 or so) and kept them in the girl's closet.
Mom came home, went to bed, in the AM we went to school.
Mom woke up, and kept hearing the coo and found them...
Released them out the bedroom window!
The guy that sold them to us... let us retreave them!
Mom was not amused...
Nor was she when my brothers and I painted our room in Day-glo!
We were very bad!
That is so funny. Sounds like something mine did a couple of years ago. He drew me a picture all over the wall with hand paint. It was so lovely , it is still there today , and how I wish , I could have him like that again. We cant go back , I know but oh the joy would be of holding some moments in time...
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#92619 Dec 14, 2012
Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
You read like a believer in evangelical dominionism, YAA.
The new dominion mandate by control
Dominion theology is predicated upon three basic beliefs: 1) Satan usurped manís dominion over the earth through the temptation of Adam and Eve; 2) The Church is Godís instrument to take dominion back from Satan; 3) Jesus cannot or will not return until the Church has taken dominion by gaining control of the earthís governmental and social institutions.
Al Dager, Vengeance Is Ours: The Church In Dominion
No.. Not at all!
Adam let sin come in...
Christ Took it out!
Christ is coming back no matter what happens with the churchs!
You cannot look at the Evil in this world, and deny it's existance!
Teaching people that God don't exist, and there is no salvation
every way it can!
Yet... there are many more people that believe in a god than not!
Scientists (loosly termed) like Dawkins Hate God, and work for satan... They have no proof, and everything they tout can be easyly explained by God's existance, and contorted through lack of logic to say God isn't real!
Science, and God can, and did coexist.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#92620 Dec 14, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>That is so funny. Sounds like something mine did a couple of years ago. He drew me a picture all over the wall with hand paint. It was so lovely , it is still there today , and how I wish , I could have him like that again. We cant go back , I know but oh the joy would be of holding some moments in time...
I know right?
We painted this whole house, and my Grandbaby has drawn on many walls, and placed stickers on many more!
They will be there til the Lord returns!
God Bless you and yours :-)
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#92621 Dec 14, 2012
You all have a Great day!
God Bless :-)
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#92622 Dec 14, 2012
For today I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I do this? Henceforth will I look on all things with love and be born again. I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars. I will welcome happiness as it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge.

Blessed Day your way as well...
Sandy

Richmond, KY

#92623 Dec 14, 2012
When missionaries were allowed to go to schools to teach the bible you never heard of shootings like you do now.
Believer wrote:
There might not be so many killings in the schools if the Bible was taught. Kids are hurting so they try to find an outlet for their pain.
newsReports

AOL

#92624 Dec 14, 2012

***ISRAEL -- VATICAN meetings RE: MIDEAST

&fe ature=plcp

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92625 Dec 14, 2012
Sandy wrote:
When missionaries were allowed to go to schools to teach the bible you never heard of shootings like you do now.
<quoted text>
Where did you grow up? Nairobi? Uruguay? I never saw a "missionary" cross the threshold of any school I went to.
You also didn't see banks working with drug cartels and the NRA trying to guarantee a thug's right to own a trunk full of assault rifles.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92626 Dec 14, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Scientists (loosly termed) like Dawkins Hate God, and work for satan... They have no proof
So.....who's in charge of Hell?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92627 Dec 14, 2012
Sad day

Lot of people, mostly elementary school children, were shot and killed at a Newtown, Conn.

http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-school-dis...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92628 Dec 14, 2012
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
When christians taught at schools more children where sexually abused by the christians
What about kent state? Do you remember those shootings?
I blame the horrible guilt that your cult puts on children just for being born that warps young minds and leads to these shootings, after all "god" told them t do it
such a shame

Morgantown, KY

#92629 Dec 14, 2012
I dont care who you are or what you believe in . We all need to pray for those families at this time. Such a sad day for many , who have had to see something that noone should ever go thru. No parent wants to outlive their children . The sweet little ones, who will never grow older or grow up to have a family of their own. Hugs and Love too all of those in this time of need..

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#92630 Dec 14, 2012
such a shame wrote:
I dont care who you are or what you believe in . We all need to pray for those families at this time. Such a sad day for many , who have had to see something that noone should ever go thru. No parent wants to outlive their children . The sweet little ones, who will never grow older or grow up to have a family of their own. Hugs and Love too all of those in this time of need..
Praying for those families won't help them one bit.

Tell me...if you were the parent of one of those children who was killed, is it going to make you feel the least bit, even the tiniest bit, better to know that others feel sorry for you?

Prayers will not bring those kids back nor will they comfort the survivors.

There is NO comfort for this kind of pain.
I wish there was.
Yes and Amen

Whitley City, KY

#92631 Dec 14, 2012
such a shame wrote:
The biblical god sent out a bear to kill 42 children,, who prayed for them?
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#92632 Dec 14, 2012
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
So true!
And just about every house had a gun, doors were left unlocked, cars with keys in them...
It's a sick, and twisted world out there!
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#92633 Dec 14, 2012
such a shame wrote:
The Good thing is...
Those kids are with the Father now! It's the rest of them/us
that have to deal with the problem!
God Bless them all!
Amen!
Dec 21 2012

Logan, OH

#92634 Dec 14, 2012
Will it happen? Only God knows....

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92635 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 21 2012 wrote:
Will it happen? Only God knows....
If you are stupid enough to believe end of the world crap then I have a bridge to sell you
School shooting history

Manchester, KY

#92636 Dec 15, 2012
I read that the first school shooting in the U.S. occurred in 1700s. I found at least 12 school shootings during the 1800s. You lose, thanks for playing. Your stupid religion does not curb violence, to the contrary, it has a long, bloody history...missionaries causing a great deal of it.

http://www.k12academics.com/school-shootings/...
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 18 min _Zoey_ 3,610
hau mings mexican restaurant 32 min bugs r us 2
dinky phipps 1 hr Edozier 18
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 2 hr Lee 15
What do you think 2 hr Just sayin 1
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 2 hr Just sayin 188
teena Marie mills 3 hr john 15
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 24 dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match