Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,208

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#92597 Dec 13, 2012
very true wrote:
<quoted text> So correct, no matter how small, how dirty or how it looks, It is always home... If everyone could be so lucky this holiday , to have a place to call home....
Amen!
Red tape that Obama was to "Cut" keeps a bunch of people out
of their/a home!
I can't blame them for being upset... but I'd move out of that area!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#92598 Dec 13, 2012
nargal wrote:
<quoted text>it would appear no one has tried to have an indepth discussion on the passages interpretation. again how does quoting christian scripture pertinent to a non-christian?
It would appear, that you've not been here to see the
Non-Christians posting Scripture, hard to believe, but they do it all the time!
Mostly in snippits to argue against God, but always out of context!
Ya see... They can try to claim morality all they want, but
the Proof is IN the scriptures!
There is no need to re-interpet them, as Killing a baby created by
fornication out of wedlock, or sexual perversions...
pretty much self-explanitory!
The ones that like to re-interpret scriptures, are the same ones that like to re-interpret the Constitution, and other documents.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#92599 Dec 13, 2012
You all have a Blessed day,
keep warm, n safe!
Yes and Amen

Whitley City, KY

#92600 Dec 13, 2012
nargal wrote:
<quoted text>it would appear no one has tried to have an indepth discussion on the passages interpretation. again how does quoting christian scripture pertinent to a non-christian?
Non christians are for most part better read on the bible than christians, hence they see the reality of the book being fictional. The new testament was made to switch the thinking from the stupidity of the the bible to "faith" thereby taking the educated mind off the facts god was a mean, baby killing, regretful, jealous god that made many, many mistakes. Not cool for a perfect being. If a god could construct the heavens, earth, people and every thing in the cosmos, why would he whisper in a cave dwellers ear "I sent out a two bears to kill some kids today". Christians dismiss the old testament as "don't matter" "Grace", "Mysterious ways",, but these are not godly acts, nor smashing babies against rocks,, no creator of all things would put himself in that very failed position. No god would need to change his mind more than his underwear. So, luckily the non christian is here, to open your eyes to if there is a god, he is most certainly not the many flawed one of the scribbles called the bible.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Nancy, KY

#92601 Dec 13, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Chin up ole boy...
LOL
I rebuilt my second motorcycle in my bedroom, and drove it out the front door!
Mom came home from work, and asked "What are those tracks in the carpet?"
She was not happy with the answer... LOL
When I was 16 I painted the tins from my Triumph Bonni in my bed room.... with the over spray on the floors and walls I can say Maw was not amused....
naggaruda

Williamsburg, KY

#92602 Dec 13, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Non christians are for most part better read on the bible than christians, hence they see the reality of the book being fictional. The new testament was made to switch the thinking from the stupidity of the the bible to "faith" thereby taking the educated mind off the facts god was a mean, baby killing, regretful, jealous god that made many, many mistakes. Not cool for a perfect being. If a god could construct the heavens, earth, people and every thing in the cosmos, why would he whisper in a cave dwellers ear "I sent out a two bears to kill some kids today". Christians dismiss the old testament as "don't matter" "Grace", "Mysterious ways",, but these are not godly acts, nor smashing babies against rocks,, no creator of all things would put himself in that very failed position. No god would need to change his mind more than his underwear. So, luckily the non christian is here, to open your eyes to if there is a god, he is most certainly not the many flawed one of the scribbles called the bible.
a jealous thing is always hateful; whether god or human; especially one who believes it is so great that it needs adoration of its lower self.

like a parent enslaving it's own offspring

love is the law

the law of ONE
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92603 Dec 13, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
Liberal propoganda!
Look... Is it fascism to want you to teach yer daughter
to keep her pants on... until Marriage....
So... she will not have to make a choice of Killing it,
or the young man to step up, and take care of his kid?
Right is Right, and Wrong is Wrong!
No matter what name you give it...
It will Always be demonized by those who WANT to do WRONG!
Just like Hitler demonized the Jews, They demonize Morals!
SP calls himself Moral, but has no problem Lying, and you can imagine what a lil lie can destroy!
You read like a believer in evangelical dominionism, YAA.

The new dominion mandate by control

Dominion theology is predicated upon three basic beliefs: 1) Satan usurped man’s dominion over the earth through the temptation of Adam and Eve; 2) The Church is God’s instrument to take dominion back from Satan; 3) Jesus cannot or will not return until the Church has taken dominion by gaining control of the earth’s governmental and social institutions.

Al Dager, Vengeance Is Ours: The Church In Dominion
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92604 Dec 13, 2012
continued

We are coming to the times when passive Christianity and passive Christians will cease to exist.

There is a maturity, a discipline, and a divine militancy coming upon the people of God. Those who have succumbed to humanistic and idealistic theologies may have a hard time with this, but we must understand that God is a military God.

The title that He uses ten times more than any other in Scripture is "the Lord of hosts," or "Lord of armies." There is a martial aspect to His character that we must understand and embrace for the times and the job to which we are now coming.

Rick Joyner,“TAKING THE LAND”
Jackson

Wayland, KY

#92605 Dec 13, 2012
Whats wrong with having Jesus Christ on our side. We will need him in the near future. He is also coming soon to get the true CHRISTIANS.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92606 Dec 13, 2012
I wish he would hurry up and get them.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#92607 Dec 13, 2012
Jackson wrote:
Whats wrong with having Jesus Christ on our side. We will need him in the near future. He is also coming soon to get the true CHRISTIANS.
Since he never existed, yes they may have crucified a man who spoke out against their leaders but he was not special, how is he going to take the nutjobs away?
Pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#92608 Dec 13, 2012
I looove those ridiculous theories that brought me antibiotics, modern dentistry, vaccines,central heating, etc. etc....
who is who wrote:
I like the idea myself. Science is still allowed to teach ridiculous theories that many people do not believe nor want to waste time being forced into learning, so why not add the religious side and make it fair; or ban it all.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Nancy, KY

#92609 Dec 13, 2012
Jackson wrote:
All 3 of them....
Oger

Corbin, KY

#92610 Dec 13, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
All 3 of them....
Oh, there you are, your reprobate goofy ass wouldn't know anything about traveling about in groups of 3's
Oger

Corbin, KY

#92611 Dec 13, 2012
Not a single one among you wants to step up, while I drag my feet across the sand?

Bunch seem to want to pick at the simple believers in "Christ" but I know both good and evil, so come on!
Yes and Amen

Whitley City, KY

#92612 Dec 13, 2012
Oger wrote:
Not a single one among you wants to step up, while I drag my feet across the sand?
Bunch seem to want to pick at the simple believers in "Christ" but I know both good and evil, so come on!
Please take an assprine and call us in the morning.
Payton

New York, NY

#92613 Dec 13, 2012
Everyone has there opion, but you all are idiots!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#92614 Dec 14, 2012
Oger wrote:
You are so special.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#92615 Dec 14, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was 16 I painted the tins from my Triumph Bonni in my bed room.... with the over spray on the floors and walls I can say Maw was not amused....
Mom... God Bless her!
She was an RN on 3-11pm shift.
We'd bought some pigeons(10 or so) and kept them in the girl's closet.
Mom came home, went to bed, in the AM we went to school.
Mom woke up, and kept hearing the coo and found them...
Released them out the bedroom window!
The guy that sold them to us... let us retreave them!
Mom was not amused...
Nor was she when my brothers and I painted our room in Day-glo!
We were very bad!
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#92616 Dec 14, 2012
A native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he felt. He said 'I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving, compassionate one.' The grandson asked him,'Which wolf will win the fight in your heart?' The grandfather answered:'The one I feed.'
May we all feed the correct one today.. Good Day All...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dalon trent 4 hr mag 1
dinky phipps 4 hr shamed 25
To the Garland family 4 hr herman 15
any girls in barbourville strip 4 hr gator 3
pnc 6 hr Really 12
Wanted: Automatic Transmission for 2002 Chevy S... 6 hr Gerald 13
strip club for plus women (Feb '11) 10 hr Natasha 86
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web