Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,429)

Showing posts 88,561 - 88,580 of127,870
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cool... I understand the concept.. And I sure don't care for the Billy Bob better than everybody club social either... But what do you mean by me throwing pearls to dogs?... I know the verse but in what way are you directing it to me?
Most christians will say that they take the bible literally word for word in its meaning. So without me injecting to much of what I would say, I would like to understand if you think your wasting your time here as a christian preaching to the same people day after day and have them not accepting your message or as some may see it as ridiculing your preaching of the word of god. Yet you come back for more ridiculing of your god, I see as puzzling of most christians here that continue to debate with those that reject a belief in a god when the bible clearly says not to.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have the answers just cut and paste from wiki or google...
Hmmm... So in defender's world, non christians are not allowed to research information.(I'm sure that goes double for members of the cult.)
Since all of defender's "answers" come from the Bible, why doesn't he and YaA simply post

www.biblegateway.com

and leave it at that?

defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>Most christians will say that they take the bible literally word for word in its meaning. So without me injecting to much of what I would say, I would like to understand if you think your wasting your time here as a christian preaching to the same people day after day and have them not accepting your message or as some may see it as ridiculing your preaching of the word of god. Yet you come back for more ridiculing of your god, I see as puzzling of most christians here that continue to debate with those that reject a belief in a god when the bible clearly says not to.
I'm not preaching or trying to convert anyone... Just pointing out the the Evolutionist view is also religion... So what's so bad about that?
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>...I have the right to point out the fact that science clearly DOES NOT support this (evolution)...

What you have a right to do (and what you practice incessantly) is to say anything that pops into your lil' head, no matter whether it is fact, fiction or nonsense and gibberish.

You haven't written a single sentence that disproves the ToE or the BBT, and you haven't provided a single entry that provides real evidence of a god's existence or of a god's action(s) creating the Earth.
I've stated plenty... You've refuted nothing... Just whining and crying...

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not preaching or trying to convert anyone... Just pointing out the the Evolutionist view is also religion... So what's so bad about that?
So if you not trying to get people to believe in god, why try to get people to not accept the concept of evolution of man?

Every one has to have a hobby, I guess. Maybe you think that will be your free pass thru the pearly gates, if that brings you comfort or the fun of debating then continue.
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>So if you not trying to get people to believe in god, why try to get people to not accept the concept of evolution of man?

Every one has to have a hobby, I guess. Maybe you think that will be your free pass thru the pearly gates, if that brings you comfort or the fun of debating then continue.
Other way around... It's the evolutionist that tries to break peoples faith by claiming science backs their theory... Yet they have no more proof than the Christians they make fun of...
I outlined yesterday just a few of these lies and what happened?... Nothing... Q can't seen to google the answers and mike ran and hid....
I'm just sick of the bullies...
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm... So in defender's world, non christians are not allowed to research information.(I'm sure that goes double for members of the cult.)
Since all of defender's "answers" come from the Bible, why doesn't he and YaA simply post

www.biblegateway.com

and leave it at that?
I have not used a bible... Don't need one...

Fact: Evolution or Abiogenesis has never.. never... Been observed in the lab or field.... What bible did I get that from?

Fact: Dispite all efforts with all the technology science has yet to explain the origins of life or evolution of life on this planet... Once again no bible...

How about you think before speaking?...

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Other way around... It's the evolutionist that tries to break peoples faith by claiming science backs their theory... Yet they have no more proof than the Christians they make fun of...
I outlined yesterday just a few of these lies and what happened?... Nothing... Q can't seen to google the answers and mike ran and hid....
Just which faiths are you supporting, muslim,christian,hindu or all christian cults who claim to be of faith?

Preachers of these religions are more effective in destroying the faith in a particular believe than any atheist or evolutionary theory has ever done. One faith converting to another and then to another until they are just religious in name only.

You can see how this will water down faith and belief, and just say simple o.k. I'm a believer and that's all anyone needs to know.

It's religion that trys to destroy any advancements of scientific studies of humans orgins. Are you wanting freedom of expression or a theocratically ruled government when only creationist teaching science? Then what conflicting religious groups would be in charge of that?

The christian crusaders will have to fight the muslims for that top spot.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You misinterpret exasperated incredulity as whining and crying, running and hiding. Beyond a certain point, the intrigue of addressing your ceaseless and senseless gnashing of teeth at science becomes a tedious and futile drudgery.
Heads up, chum. The bullies are not the scientists or atheists - they are the religious "moralists".
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>Just which faiths are you supporting, muslim,christian,hindu or all christian cults who claim to be of faith?

Preachers of these religions are more effective in destroying the faith in a particular believe than any atheist or evolutionary theory has ever done. One faith converting to another and then to another until they are just religious in name only.

You can see how this will water down faith and belief, and just say simple o.k. I'm a believer and that's all anyone needs to know.

It's religion that trys to destroy any advancements of scientific studies of humans orgins. Are you wanting freedom of expression or a theocratically ruled government when only creationist teaching science? Then what conflicting religious groups would be in charge of that?

The christian crusaders will have to fight the muslims for that top spot.
I'm not supporting any faiths ... Just showing the one that claims to be science for what it is - Faith...

And no I'm all for science... Just stop the foolish lies... Evolution is used as a weapon by leftist dirt bags to forward their agendas... When really it's just a UNPROVEN theory with more holes than a block of swiss cheese... Sorry but facts are facts....
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>You misinterpret exasperated incredulity as whining and crying, running and hiding. Beyond a certain point, the intrigue of addressing your ceaseless and senseless gnashing of teeth at science becomes a tedious and futile drudgery.
Heads up, chum. The bullies are not the scientists or atheists - they are the religious "moralists".
Once again a whole lot of words but nothing with any substance....

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not supporting any faiths ... Just showing the one that claims to be science for what it is - Faith...
And no I'm all for science... Just stop the foolish lies... Evolution is used as a weapon by leftist dirt bags to forward their agendas... When really it's just a UNPROVEN theory with more holes than a block of swiss cheese... Sorry but facts are facts....
Then if your not with us, you're with religious science. Yelling and throwing out terms like leftist, dirt bags, lies, swiss cheese is a silly agrument against a theory. Sounds like your trying to get over a presidential election year loss.

Mike D., Q and some of the other lefties are way out of your league to debate on a scientific level. Saying "GOD IS REAL" or evolution is a PONZI will not pass go.
christian

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

prayer is the best idea.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LOL, good post. It would be interesting to hear a rebuttal to what you just said.
Hi SS, hope the day finds you well and happy.

Lol, monkey unmensch will probably reply, but will not address the post, it will probably pull the old christian smoke and mirrors trick, like saying atheist have laws governing their dealings with christians or try to say evolution is a religion with no facts to back it's claim, or better yet whine and cry over atheist asking for a christian to prove their god exists. Anyone with the ability to reason knows the kjv god is not real. The christians on this thread never support their claims, they just want to put us atheists in a religion. It probably is a way to make them feel better about their own stupidity of being in one. They(christians) don't want to be the only idiots in the room. Anyway you know monkey unmensch never gives supporting facts to it's claims, just another christian hating science.

As one of the christian leaders said,

"Reason is the Devil's greatest whore; by nature and manner of being she is a noxious whore; she is a prostitute, the Devil's appointed whore; whore eaten by scab and leprosy who ought to be trodden under foot and destroyed, she and her wisdom ... Throw dung in her face to make her ugly. She is and she ought to be drowned in baptism... She would deserve, the wretch, to be banished to the filthiest place in the house, to the closets."

Christians and truth, oil and water.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You misinterpret exasperated incredulity as whining and crying, running and hiding. Beyond a certain point, the intrigue of addressing your ceaseless and senseless gnashing of teeth at science becomes a tedious and futile drudgery.
Good post.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if your not with us, you're with religious science. Yelling and throwing out terms like leftist, dirt bags, lies, swiss cheese is a silly agrument against a theory. Sounds like your trying to get over a presidential election year loss.
Mike D., Q and some of the other lefties are way out of your league to debate on a scientific level. Saying "GOD IS REAL" or evolution is a PONZI will not pass go.
If they say it three times and click their heels together, lmao.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am about as far from a Leftist as you can get without falling off the edge of reality.......

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't run anywhere.... I just grew tired of attempting to educate another T.S.T.K.H.S.T.A. disorder patient....
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>Then if your not with us, you're with religious science. Yelling and throwing out terms like leftist, dirt bags, lies, swiss cheese is a silly agrument against a theory. Sounds like your trying to get over a presidential election year loss.

Umm... No guys like Q , Mike D and yourself have yet to be able to address any of the comments I've posted and even though you might be quite impressed with these gentlemen I've found them to be disappointing at best... You see these great scientific minds (arrogant) that you so adore are right at home picking on Christians but when the subject of science comes into play they have come up wanting... When someone points out the facts and exposes their foolishness is when the fangs come out...

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 88,561 - 88,580 of127,870
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min RepubliCons 144,695
Blackberries $20/gallon 24 min Brian 1
shelia brown (May '12) 33 min Hear say 12
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 57 min Two wrongs 374
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr LMS 26,166
weed eating 1 hr justsayin 18
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr 40ish 3,738
KC Basketball Coach Thu breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs