Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#92358 Dec 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... Plenty question evolution (cult religion)... If the foolishness could stand scientific scrutiny then there would be no debate... Read a book or two bro...
Evolution does stand scientific scrutiny. This is why science calls it a scientific theory. It would not be called that if it did not stand scrutiny.
Now of course it does not stand religious scrutiny, because it defies the bibles claims.
But many of the religious still do believe evolution. It is mostly the extremists among the group who refuse to believe the science. None of them have show the theory to be false, they just claim it is not convincing. Evolution is falsifiable, yet no religious person has produced evidence to show it false. Maybe you should pray for this evidence to prove your case.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#92359 Dec 8, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
I see a 'spirited' debate 'evolved' about evolution on here. I firmly stand on my origonal statement of evolution is fact, no scientist would deni evolution..... It is the "Extent" of evolution that is questioned. "Man evolved from apes or monkeys" is one theory from the facts of evolution. That theory, is unproved and is but one page from an encyclopedia of evolution. There are many "theories" scientist have developed based on the facts of evolution. Don't miss the forest for the trees.
Puff, puff, pass.
I would not say that the claim of man evolving from an ape is unproved. It has much evidence. Proof is in the eye of the beholder. Most in the field are convinced it is proved. The DNA comparisons alone is evidence enough, much less all the transition fossils of hominids.
It would be strange to have all these transitions and DNA similarities and man evolving from any other animal or a god.
defender

Duluth, GA

#92360 Dec 8, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution does stand scientific scrutiny. This is why science calls it a scientific theory. It would not be called that if it did not stand scrutiny.
Now of course it does not stand religious scrutiny, because it defies the bibles claims.
But many of the religious still do believe evolution. It is mostly the extremists among the group who refuse to believe the science. None of them have show the theory to be false, they just claim it is not convincing. Evolution is falsifiable, yet no religious person has produced evidence to show it false. Maybe you should pray for this evidence to prove your case.
Evolution has no evidence... Just wild speculation and wishful thinking... Oh yeah and a god named natural selection...
defender

Duluth, GA

#92361 Dec 8, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I would not say that the claim of man evolving from an ape is unproved. It has much evidence. Proof is in the eye of the beholder. Most in the field are convinced it is proved. The DNA comparisons alone is evidence enough, much less all the transition fossils of hominids.
It would be strange to have all these transitions and DNA similarities and man evolving from any other animal or a god.
What transition fossils?...
Lucy?... Three foot chimp nothing more ever proven..

Piltdown Man?... Ape jaw attached to human skeleton in the desperate hope to sell the lie...

Nebraska Man?... Turned out to be a pigs tooth... Yet another hoax

Peking Man?... 500,000 year old missing link that disappeared before anyone could get a look.. Lol..

Ida?... Studied in secret for two years and hailed as (and I quote) "finally the missing link that ends the debate!!" New York Times.... Turns out to be a 47 million year old rat... Still trying to scrape the egg off their faces on that one... Lol

Keep drinking that kool-aid...

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#92362 Dec 8, 2012
Another voice for sanity and reason returns.
Welcome back, MIke!
Happy Holidays to you and yours!
defender

Duluth, GA

#92363 Dec 8, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Another voice for sanity and reason returns.
Welcome back, MIke!
Happy Holidays to you and yours!
You need the help...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92364 Dec 8, 2012
truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying < I should have been bad all along , and I never would have got hurt, or I should not have believed and never would have been proven wrong? Looking on the other side now and trying to understand if I waisted all my life..
Truth be told, there have been millions of bad people who read the Bible and attended church, and there are MILLIONS of good people who may as well not even own a Bible.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#92365 Dec 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You need the help...
LOL! Help trying to reason with you is like help bailing out a boat that's already underwater.
Glassbong

Whitley City, KY

#92366 Dec 8, 2012
The Bibleís account of the Nephilim appears in Gen. 6:1,2,4. Apparently the Nephilim were hybrids resulting from the marriage of materialized angels and human women and were "Giants" and also there were the sons of Anak and other "giants", and the christian believes this, dispite no giants bones haven ever been found, no evidence exist. These giants stood taller than the Philistine warrior Goliath who stood nine and a half feet tall and was not called a "giant". I suppose they failed to evolve.

“One day at a time”

Since: Oct 12

----<>-----<>----<>-----<>---

#92367 Dec 8, 2012
lol!
defender

Duluth, GA

#92368 Dec 8, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Help trying to reason with you is like help bailing out a boat that's already underwater.
What are you doing home?... Thought the short bus didn't get back till noon?
defender

Duluth, GA

#92370 Dec 8, 2012
Glassbong wrote:
The Bible’s account of the Nephilim appears in Gen. 6:1,2,4. Apparently the Nephilim were hybrids resulting from the marriage of materialized angels and human women and were "Giants" and also there were the sons of Anak and other "giants", and the christian believes this, dispite no giants bones haven ever been found, no evidence exist. These giants stood taller than the Philistine warrior Goliath who stood nine and a half feet tall and was not called a "giant". I suppose they failed to evolve.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp

Lol... Thought it was funny...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#92371 Dec 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you doing home?... Thought the short bus didn't get back till noon?
The psych outpatient therapy err.. I mean church services are tomorrow, so they didn't need me to drive the short bus today.
defender

Duluth, GA

#92372 Dec 8, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>The psych outpatient therapy err.. I mean church services are tomorrow, so they didn't need me to drive the short bus today.
Really?... Well I've been wanting to go to your church!! The Church of Evolution... I hear the Rev. Grape Ape puts on a great show!! All hail the great god Natural Selection!!...
serpen

Hopkinsville, KY

#92373 Dec 8, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
I see a 'spirited' debate 'evolved' about evolution on here. I firmly stand on my origonal statement of evolution is fact, no scientist would deni evolution..... It is the "Extent" of evolution that is questioned. "Man evolved from apes or monkeys" is one theory from the facts of evolution. That theory, is unproved and is but one page from an encyclopedia of evolution. There are many "theories" scientist have developed based on the facts of evolution. Don't miss the forest for the trees.
Puff, puff, pass.
yet you won't hear much on involution and the idea of how one's own consciousness is "involved" as the observer.

http://asrudiancenter.files.wordpress.com/201...

http://www.amazon.com/Interpretation-Cultures...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92374 Dec 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask him!! Or pray to your god ( natural selection )... Maybe he can tell you...
I asked YOU. You spout off about your delusions being real so I want YOU to answer.
Balls in your court

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92375 Dec 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... Plenty question evolution (cult religion)... If the foolishness could stand scientific scrutiny then there would be no debate... Read a book or two bro...
Voyager 1 and the hubble telescope have not seen the heaven your cult claims exist. Your cult has been proven to be a lie
PROVEN TO BE A LIE! SCIENCE HAS PROVEN THAT YOUR CULT IS FALSE!
defender

Duluth, GA

#92376 Dec 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Voyager 1 and the hubble telescope have not seen the heaven your cult claims exist. Your cult has been proven to be a lie
PROVEN TO BE A LIE! SCIENCE HAS PROVEN THAT YOUR CULT IS FALSE!
Have you ever got anything solid to present?... At least the others can put up a fight but with you it's just like a twelve year old boy ranting on and on... Your ignorance is not helping your cause... Read and research then come back with something worth while instead of nah nah nah... I've heard the wind blow before...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92377 Dec 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever got anything solid to present?... At least the others can put up a fight but with you it's just like a twelve year old boy ranting on and on... Your ignorance is not helping your cause... Read and research then come back with something worth while instead of nah nah nah... I've heard the wind blow before...
defender wrote:

<quoted text>
Ask him!! Or pray to your god ( natural selection )... Maybe he can tell you...
I asked YOU. You spout off about your delusions being real so I want YOU to answer.
Balls in your court

Maybe you should start backing your words up?
You spout nonsense with nothing to back up your claims.
Since you refuse to say anything different and back up what you say well we have heard your wind before.....
Dirty White Schlepper

Dalton, MA

#92378 Dec 8, 2012
The thought of a Jewish man committing buggery on a Muslim man sickens me, just sickens me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min American Lady 155,405
Marica 1015 9 min Looker 1
Stealing from child's grave 12 min D Rogers 5
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 39 min yeah man 7,183
barbourville utitlities ripoff 1 hr Allison 6
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 1 hr former ho 5
food stamps 3 hr not right 42

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance