Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,425)

Showing posts 88,481 - 88,500 of122,602
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Jehovah's Witness Jumps To Death In Brooklyn

"A Jehovah's Witness jumped to his death from a Brooklyn rooftop yesterday. According to police, Dwayne Fagan, 48"

According to the Cult Awareness And Information Center and other reports, Jehovah's Witnesses commit suicide at a rate far exceeding (5-10 times greater) the general population.

That cult uses GUILT GALORE to keep everyone under VERY strict control, and perhaps he couldn't take it anymore.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe means to think that something is true but I will rephrase my sentence scientist thinks their theory to be true.
To Believe something is true is a religious concept when such belief is formed with out evidence... It's an Emotional construct... In Science it's a term only used as a generalization... Never as a statement of fact... A Scientist Knows, he Thinks he Knows or he does Not Know... based solely on Evidence...

So Yes Most Scientist Think the theory of Evolution is True because so far in the millions of individual pieces of evidence collected, tested, verified have yet to show a better, more complete theory. There is Evidence that places some of the theory in question and that is why it's called a theory.... But a Real Scientist will give any evidence, even evidence that might be in complete conflict with their existing paradigm theory, consideration and change their theory if the evidence fulfills the requirement of being testable, verifiable and repeatable..... If they Stick to their theory when Evidence is presented that is testable, verifiable and repeatable they cease to be Scientist and become Preachers....
kalseru

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
To Believe something is true is a religious concept when such belief is formed with out evidence... It's an Emotional construct... In Science it's a term only used as a generalization... Never as a statement of fact... A Scientist Knows, he Thinks he Knows or he does Not Know... based solely on Evidence...
So Yes Most Scientist Think the theory of Evolution is True because so far in the millions of individual pieces of evidence collected, tested, verified have yet to show a better, more complete theory. There is Evidence that places some of the theory in question and that is why it's called a theory.... But a Real Scientist will give any evidence, even evidence that might be in complete conflict with their existing paradigm theory, consideration and change their theory if the evidence fulfills the requirement of being testable, verifiable and repeatable..... If they Stick to their theory when Evidence is presented that is testable, verifiable and repeatable they cease to be Scientist and become Preachers....
i'm not speaking specifically of evolution. i don't have a problem with evolution.

I'm speaking solely on the idea of bias based on human experience. that isn't a fault anymore than it is an attribute because without experience it's all supposition but because of the experiential conditioning it delimits the ability to think outside the box.

once we think outside the box then break threws are realized. it doesn't matter if you are a western institutionalized scientist or a person of knowledge. it can be described innumerable ways.

it works this way for everyone. questioning our beliefs and the way we describe them based on culture and language can be beneficial if you are a member inside that culture and know the lingo, it can be an adverse and even detrimental if you are a sentient being outside that culture and/or language.

language can be a barrier to those who don't speak it. the culture of one sub group can be a barrier to another being not a member of that culture.

that is the basic difference. it's called tautology. what may be expressed symbolically, metaphorically, and figuratively in one culture might be expressed literally in a different way in another.
drachenstein

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a chinese proverb that goes something like this.

words are necessary when one doesn't understand but once the words have conveyed the idea they represent then words are no longer necessary.

the logos is everything in buddhism akasa. known by others as the akashic
Hmmm

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

A theory is a theory because it is subject to change it is not a fact. They say that Christians force there beliefs on everyone but are considered ignorant if the do not believe in every scientific theory. If Christians are wrong about God then what does it matter, but what if they are not?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

kalseru wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not speaking specifically of evolution. i don't have a problem with evolution.
I'm speaking solely on the idea of bias based on human experience. that isn't a fault anymore than it is an attribute because without experience it's all supposition but because of the experiential conditioning it delimits the ability to think outside the box.
once we think outside the box then break threws are realized. it doesn't matter if you are a western institutionalized scientist or a person of knowledge. it can be described innumerable ways.
it works this way for everyone. questioning our beliefs and the way we describe them based on culture and language can be beneficial if you are a member inside that culture and know the lingo, it can be an adverse and even detrimental if you are a sentient being outside that culture and/or language.
language can be a barrier to those who don't speak it. the culture of one sub group can be a barrier to another being not a member of that culture.
that is the basic difference. it's called tautology. what may be expressed symbolically, metaphorically, and figuratively in one culture might be expressed literally in a different way in another.
And is why Science, True Science, does not give a rats ass about tautology.... It does not consider cultural gobbledygook... A piece of Testable, Verifiable, Reproducible Evidence stands in the face of cultural preconceptions and Belief.... There might be assorted metaphors, conceptual symbolism and other flowery words of explanation but Evidence crosses all cultural road blocks in Science... Once evidence is disregarded Only because of dogma and preconception science ends and religion begins....

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Video of two Jehovah's Witness Elders announcing a Wrongdoer that he is Disfellowshipped.

Excommunication or Disfellowshipping is an extreme form of shunning practised by Jehovah’s Witnesses. A disfellowshipped person is not to be greeted either socially or at meetings and is often shunned by family members. Jehovah’s Witnesses regard Disfellowshipping as a biblically-sanctioned means of bringing the wrongdoer back into the congregation and protecting other Witnesses against evil.

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/p...

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Jehovah's Witness Elders LIE and Call Police!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

How people get hooked by Jehovah's Witnesses teachings .

tiamat

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And is why Science, True Science, does not give a rats ass about tautology....
this is your opinion; which is not absolute held by the scientific community as a whole. this is convoluted with opinion and emotion.
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>It does not consider cultural gobbledygook...
obviously you've never heard of the idea of sociology and/or scientism.
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text> A piece of Testable, Verifiable, Reproducible Evidence stands in the face of cultural preconceptions and Belief.... There might be assorted metaphors, conceptual symbolism and other flowery words of explanation but Evidence crosses all cultural road blocks in Science... Once evidence is disregarded Only because of dogma and preconception science ends and religion begins....
yes, evidence does cover all cultural metaphors, figurative speech, and language by idea when finally understood/comprehended.

but people don't think in terms of words. they think in terms of abstracts, theories, and ideals.

in other words the word for leeu, aslan, lav

all mean this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lion_waitin...

once the ideal is understood the word is irrelevant; however in trying to cross cultural and linguistic differences it can be the difference between understanding.
truth be told

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Well , I have been proven wrong....Who cares about trying to live right anymore, who cares all the good you do, or all the wishes you give. It dont meant squat and my eyes have been opened..........

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Life has always been and will always be. Living organisms evolve over great spans of time.
Of course the mentally ill will say we must have been created by a god that has always been.......
A superstitious people made up stories to explain what they did not understand, the rain falling, storms, thunder, the pretty lights in the sky at night, disease, mental illness, etc. They made up god and mythical creatures like angels to explain these things. Then when some smarter people saw the power to control they created the religions.
Funny how Voyager 1 has not seen one angel or the heaven that is supposed to be right above earth, also funny that the earth revolves around the sun and is not flat........funnier is that illness is caused by germs not "unclean spirits"
Everything that the christian cult believed in earlier times (even 100 years ago) has been proven false so the church create a fake shroud of Torin (and get caught) and the funniest thing is n evil hateful god that every one must fear becomes a loving god ROTFL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

tiamat wrote:
<quoted text>this is your opinion; which is not absolute held by the scientific community as a whole. this is convoluted with opinion and emotion.
<quoted text>obviously you've never heard of the idea of sociology and/or scientism.
<quoted text>yes, evidence does cover all cultural metaphors, figurative speech, and language by idea when finally understood/comprehended.
but people don't think in terms of words. they think in terms of abstracts, theories, and ideals.
in other words the word for leeu, aslan, lav
all mean this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lion_waitin...
once the ideal is understood the word is irrelevant; however in trying to cross cultural and linguistic differences it can be the difference between understanding.
"this is your opinion; which is not absolute held by the scientific community as a whole. this is convoluted with opinion and emotion."

No it's not Opinion... It is the very Heart of the Scientific Principle / Scientific Method... Which is the Only measure of what is considered a Scientist... Scientific Community is another nebulous denotation as what some call the scientific community have no adherence to science.. It's akin to Conscience... Conscience is the bane of good science because it forces dogma to stand as fact and has caused many times science to be set back by generations.

1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.

Any other descriptives, any other naval gazing self aggrandizements and social pandering do not Science Make.....

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

truth be told wrote:
Well , I have been proven wrong....Who cares about trying to live right anymore, who cares all the good you do, or all the wishes you give. It dont meant squat and my eyes have been opened..........
Whom gets to say what is right? Should women cover their face as the muslims say is right? Should we sell our daughters like the bible says?
Here is the Satanic version of right "Your rights end where another's rights begin. Period.
Who the Hell are you to tell me what is right? Who made YOU the boss?
You do not like strippers? Then do not go to a strip joint, dont like gay marriage ? Do not marry a gay person, do not think women should wear red, dont wear red, dont like dancing then dont dance.
GET THE IDEA?
typhon

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"this is your opinion; which is not absolute held by the scientific community as a whole. this is convoluted with opinion and emotion."
No it's not Opinion... It is the very Heart of the Scientific Principle / Scientific Method... Which is the Only measure of what is considered a Scientist... Scientific Community is another nebulous denotation as what some call the scientific community have no adherence to science.. It's akin to Conscience... Conscience is the bane of good science because it forces dogma to stand as fact and has caused many times science to be set back by generations.
1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.
Any other descriptives, any other naval gazing self aggrandizements and social pandering do not Science Make.....
yes that is what western science calls the scientific method; however children begin to manifest this same process in their lives at a very early age by questioning their reality and continue to do so through out their lives and psychologically maturing.

it goes to the idea of consciousness and constantly questioning one's limited idea of reality.

and western science can't always readily duplicate everything it observes; which doesn't make it any less real.

no one but you has said anything about naval gazing and being an ass. again you're emotional bias is filtering through; which just proves the point
truth be told

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Whom gets to say what is right? Should women cover their face as the muslims say is right? Should we sell our daughters like the bible says?
Here is the Satanic version of right "Your rights end where another's rights begin. Period.
Who the Hell are you to tell me what is right? Who made YOU the boss?
You do not like strippers? Then do not go to a strip joint, dont like gay marriage ? Do not marry a gay person, do not think women should wear red, dont wear red, dont like dancing then dont dance.
GET THE IDEA?
So you are saying < I should have been bad all along , and I never would have got hurt, or I should not have believed and never would have been proven wrong? Looking on the other side now and trying to understand if I waisted all my life..

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying < I should have been bad all along , and I never would have got hurt, or I should not have believed and never would have been proven wrong? Looking on the other side now and trying to understand if I waisted all my life..
No, what I am saying is what YOU consider good or bad is in your mind AS LONG AS YOU HURT NO ONE ELSE.
I do not know what you consider to be bad. Many people are drawn to nightlife but deny themselves because they where told "only bad people go out at night". I ask why is it bad to go out and be around enjoyable people?
If you are married and cheat and it hurts your spouse than it is wrong because you took an oath, however if your wife does not enjoy sex and does not mind if you get some on the side no harm not foul.
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>To Believe something is true is a religious concept when such belief is formed with out evidence... It's an Emotional construct... In Science it's a term only used as a generalization... Never as a statement of fact... A Scientist Knows, he Thinks he Knows or he does Not Know... based solely on Evidence...

Evolution is religion... Natural Selection is their god and answer to everything... Yet they have no origin for it, cannot explain how it processes information for the benefit of spices or how it could have possibly triggered life or reproduction in the first place or it's reason for doing so.... Save your BS Q... Nobody's buying...
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
How people get hooked by Jehovah's Witnesses teachings .
I must say it took some time but now there is no doubt you are an apostate and I will not be conversing with you any further.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is religion... Natural Selection is their god and answer to everything... Yet they have no origin for it, cannot explain how it processes information for the benefit of spices or how it could have possibly triggered life or reproduction in the first place or it's reason for doing so.... Save your BS Q... Nobody's buying...
SOUR GRAPES. You keep saying this but that is like saying believing that electricity is energy is a religion.
Evolution is a scientific theory based on facts, not faith.
Life was not triggered, life has always been.
For a scientific answer how about life is a combination of chemical reaction and electron flow.
Save your B.S. deffender, no one is buying your FAITH (which is why you are so desperate to push your cult on to others)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 88,481 - 88,500 of122,602
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 29 min blahblah123 917
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 29 min blahblah123 25,960
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 30 min blahblah123 16,060
crrreeep 51 min p-r-o-s-t-i-t-u-t-e-s 1
Rex Gray 1 hr pray not 6
Who remembers Mary Francis (Jan '13) 1 hr lucky guess 23
Barbourville subway (Sep '12) 1 hr bugsy 53
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Limbertwig 138,467
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 5 hr vote 15
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 5:55PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search