Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
88,421 - 88,440 of 128,686 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever said the chemical soup was lifeless? Apparently it wasn't.
It's your definition of "Life" that needs expanding.
You skipped Science in school, didn't you?
There is far, far more proof (yes, PROOF) of evolution than your primitive myth.
<quoted text>
Can't hate what isn't real.
Do you waste your time hating the Easter Bunny or Santa Clause?
Yet... you waste yer time on here arguing on something you have no clue of?
Evilution is Conjecture... Nothing more!
Leftwing

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>"not one word of description is in the bible of how jesus looked"
Wrong!
I will repost this incase you missed it or cannot back it up,, can you provide the description of Jesus from the bible please, thank you.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Leftwing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to read that discription, can you please post the verses of Jeuss description.
Isaiah

53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the
LORD revealed?
53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a
root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and
when we shall see him,[there is] no beauty that we should
desire him.
53:3 He is despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and
acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from
him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Leftwing wrote:
<quoted text>
I will repost this incase you missed it or cannot back it up,, can you provide the description of Jesus from the bible please, thank you.
I posted it, just took a while, as I had to run 'My'
Proof that God really does Love me to School!
She's 5, and a Perfect picture of our relationship with God,
and if He Loves us half as much as I Love her...
It's way more than I deserve!
God is Good!
Amen!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

You all have a Great day!
Open your hearts towards the Lord!
You'll be Glad you did!
tanniyn

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Christianity is a Philosophy... not a cult!
How would one read 'Only' the parts they like 'IF'
they didn't read it all?
I've read it several times, and I like it cover to cover!
Did most of it make me feel happy? Yes!
Did some of it make me feel sad? Yes!
Did some of it make me feel filthy? Yes!
Did some of it make me feel Guilty? Yes!
Did some of it make me feel Peace? Yes!
Did some of it make me feel Freedom? Yes!
Did Much of it tell me about Mockers, and Haters of God? Yes!
Did it teach me the Truth?
Your postings are proof that it is True!
Thank you!
most of christianity is a cult of personality; which focuses on the worship of the messenger and not the message. the WORD is important. to know and to understand are two slightly different ideas.
phhhhhuck you ALL

York Haven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

andrew wommack is a racist turd. all of you idiot xtians need to pick up a science book and throw your bibblies in the garbage where they belong!!! Yes, I know that you will never let the facts get in the way of what you believe, but get your heads out of your asses before you all suffocate!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

so true wrote:
<quoted text> I do agree, although that is a tuff one. I see we like quotes. So here is another good one.. Good Day your way...
If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears.
Glenn Clark
What blinds us most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Even if there was nothing... would one man die for a Lie? Would Thousands?
Would People two thousand years later If He was not real?
Will I recant when muslims come to remove my head from my body?
NO! I will not!
Luke
12:8 Also I say to you, Whoever shall confess me before men, him
will the Son of man also confess before the angels of God.
12:9 But he that denieth me before men, shall be denied before
the angels of God.
12:10 And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it
shall be forgiven him: but to him that blasphemeth against the
Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven.
!9 flew planes into buildings to seek a heaven filled with mansions and virgins, 1000's have strapped on vests filled with explosives and nuts & Bolts to secure a place in heaven... Monks have poured gasoline over their bodies and struck the match..... 900 people forced their kids and then drank themselves Koolaid with poison.... 14 people took rat poison to let their souls rise into the sky to meet the Aliens hiding behind a Comet....

So Yes... A Man and 10's of 1000's of people will absolutely die, kill their kids, kill strangers, rip babies from the womb, cut off heads and generally be obnoxious for a Lie....
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
What blinds us most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be.
Great one ...
The appearance of things change according to the emotions, and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves.
Leftwing

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Isaiah
53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the
LORD revealed?
53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a
root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and
when we shall see him,[there is] no beauty that we should
desire him.
53:3 He is despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and
acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from
him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
I thought you were refering to how Jesus looked, physical appearence as I think was mr roachclip's intent, not speculative and vague verses, which may be the best available, but saying the tree was green for example, does not say much,,green like a pine, maple, palm,, so I'd once again have to agree with mr roachclip, there is nothing saying Jesus was for example 5'8", thin with short brown hair and blue eyes,,,

If you hand six people six different drawings from six different bibles of robed, sandaled, long haired men with palms faceing out the may all say that's Jesus, put lay them side by side and each are very different,, so the image sells, not the reality. Thank you however for the reply.
Hmmm

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Doesn't look like this is going to become part of the curriculum; given it's 2 yrs old.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

RoachClip wrote:
Evolution is fact. The scale or extent of evolution is the better question. We know factually, people and the world around us have and are evolving. Them who flatly deny evolution tout the impossibility of a "Big Bang from nothing" then pat their leather clad bible with comfort, while missing this is Exactly the same as the god-creator from nothing. Even a god, would at some point have "evolved" a begining from "nothingness".
The mind cannot comprehend a "nothing" as the birth of everything, god or earthly atom.
Puff, puff, pass.
Then can youn explain why it is still called the "Evolution Theory"?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
O.K.
Jehovah's Witnesses ordered to pay more than $20 million to woman who said she was sexually abused.
The jury found that the elders who managed the Fremont congregation in the 1990s and who were under the supervision of Watchtower knew that Kendrick, a member, had recently been convicted of the sexual abuse of another child, but they kept his past record secret from the congregation.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/06/15/12...
"Spaceship earth",

Surely you do not believe that everything that the news media publishes is the TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH! If you do then you are more naïve than I would give you credit for!
You seem to know a lot about Jehovah’s Witnesses yet you are not one. May I ask why?
I have come to the conclusion that you are evidently an apostate! I come to that conclusion because everything you post is negative and you don’t seem to care If it is factual or not! Please let me know so I can choose to converse or not with you!
kamaru

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spaceship earth",
Surely you do not believe that everything that the news media publishes is the TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH! If you do then you are more naïve than I would give you credit for!
You seem to know a lot about Jehovah’s Witnesses yet you are not one. May I ask why?
I have come to the conclusion that you are evidently an apostate! I come to that conclusion because everything you post is negative and you don’t seem to care If it is factual or not! Please let me know so I can choose to converse or not with you!
surely you don't believe the bible is the truth, the "whole" truth, and nothing but the truth do you?

Isaiah 55:8
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 55:9
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

what ya think about that?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spaceship earth",
I don't believe in any god sorry. Most of my research about different religons is done online. Not hard to do and is a easy read. I don't copy and paste every thing but sometimes instead use articles that have shown Jehovah Witnesses break that laws like other christians do not make it not a reason to hid it especially on this forum. It that brought you down a notch I'm sorry, but we are seeking evidence and understanding here.

So, no I'm not a former Jehovah Witness, my debates are a composite of debates. I'm agnostic as i stated long ago on my post. I salute the flag and say the pledge, even under god (a god most likely does not exists).

I get blood transfusions if needed. I engage in christimas holidays and new year celebrations, it's fun and don't plan to stop anythime soon.

I have ask jehovah witness that come to my door would they debate online as you do and they responded that the watchtower recommends they should not do so. Maybe your the one that is a apostate. So then you would be doing yourself a favor don't reply to any of my posts , you are doing it to defend your faith I can understand, don't think that can be done without being challenge.

I see myself as more civil in debates than some and try not to destroy a person simply for fun or just produce facts that just tickle your ears.

Now, If you have evidence that shows why the Watchtower and its elders are not in violation and deserve not to be punished, please speak up.

A christian only reads the bible, it takes an atheist to explain it to them.(credits LOL)

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spaceship earth",
I have come to the conclusion that you are evidently an apostate!
Don't dictate beliefs forum.

(See how lucky you are to post on current forum, others may not be as civil as this one.)

commentor said:

You have some nerve comin’ around this here atheist forum with your FAKE-ass “Jeehovy” blathering. You are a crazy blabbermouth who is leading these atheists to HELL bein’ as you are NOT a TRUE Christian and your heretic’s bible is risible. In Spanish, you call yourselves “Testigos de Jehovah” but down here in Texas I tell even the stupidest Mexican who can vote to just refer to y’all as “God’s Testicles” or “Los Testiculos de Jehova”.

Jehovahs are cowards. Y’all are scared of yer own shadows. Boarding up yer houses when any holiday comes around. Not celebratin’ yer own birthday, let alone the birthday of Jesus. You know? Maybe you're right. Maybe God’s gonna let us all know about that.“I’m sorry, you all led pretty good lives and everything, you believe in Jesus, you followed the commandments, what can I say?” And we’ll all be standin’ there waitin’ to get into heaven. We start walkin’ foreward. God starts talkin’ again,“But you know what?” And we’re all like,“What?” And He says,“You all really ticked me off with all them birthday parties.” And we’re all standin’ there waitin’ for His ‘perfect justice’ to be done. And God says to us,“You all can sing happy birthday all you want!” And we’re all excited and our faces all light up, and then God puts his nose up in the air and says,“...in HELL!” Oh, that's a peach ain’t it? And all the Jeehovy-Witnesses is skippin’ their way along through the pearly gates.

Anyhow, please stop molesting these atheists with your chronic mental masturbation as this is MY mission field and I don’t have time to learn you some KING JAMES BIBLE! Scoot yer heretical ass over to the Scientologist forum and talk tripe to a bunch of folks who believe they came to Earth in a spaceship piloted by talking, lava eating, sea clams. Scientologists and Jeehovies just don’t know whether to wind the butt or scratch the watch.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Leftwing

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Then can youn explain why it is still called the "Evolution Theory"?
So you do not believe man's ethnic heritage is not mixing "evolving" into new breeds of human, such as blacks mixing with chinese, their children are an evolutionary change. You do not think our immune system has evolved and is stronger and more resistant. Do you not think we have evolved from hunters gathers into industrialist. Do you not think man's life span has not increased on average by more than a few years. Man has evloved in many ways. It's not overnight we all grow a third arm, but we are most positively evolving daily. No logical person can deny this.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

phhhhhuck you ALL wrote:
andrew wommack is a racist turd. all of you idiot xtians need to pick up a science book and throw your bibblies in the garbage where they belong!!! Yes, I know that you will never let the facts get in the way of what you believe, but get your heads out of your asses before you all suffocate!!!
Sounds like you're the one suffocating in your ignorance, and sin!
God forgives, and heals homosexuality... just ask!
Amen!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
!9 flew planes into buildings to seek a heaven filled with mansions and virgins, 1000's have strapped on vests filled with explosives and nuts & Bolts to secure a place in heaven... Monks have poured gasoline over their bodies and struck the match..... 900 people forced their kids and then drank themselves Koolaid with poison.... 14 people took rat poison to let their souls rise into the sky to meet the Aliens hiding behind a Comet....
So Yes... A Man and 10's of 1000's of people will absolutely die, kill their kids, kill strangers, rip babies from the womb, cut off heads and generally be obnoxious for a Lie....
Not the same thing!
Christians are not suppose to Murder, but have been fed to lions, hung on crosses, burnt at the stake, beheaded etc...
You must learn to seperate Cristianity from Religion!
Mat Chandler
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min scirocco 146,308
Beckoning Frontiers 17 min Jack 1
SEC Network 45 min Hopeful 5
New "Dollar Daze" Store in Barbourville 1 hr ok yeah 36
Step Chid after divorce 2 hr stephanie 4
Stivers Center fixes 3 hr houses 52
i miss my amy 3 hr sarah 2
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters