"this is your opinion; which is not absolute held by the scientific community as a whole. this is convoluted with opinion and emotion."<quoted text>this is your opinion; which is not absolute held by the scientific community as a whole. this is convoluted with opinion and emotion.
<quoted text>obviously you've never heard of the idea of sociology and/or scientism.
<quoted text>yes, evidence does cover all cultural metaphors, figurative speech, and language by idea when finally understood/comprehended.
but people don't think in terms of words. they think in terms of abstracts, theories, and ideals.
in other words the word for leeu, aslan, lav
all mean this:
once the ideal is understood the word is irrelevant; however in trying to cross cultural and linguistic differences it can be the difference between understanding.
No it's not Opinion... It is the very Heart of the Scientific Principle / Scientific Method... Which is the Only measure of what is considered a Scientist... Scientific Community is another nebulous denotation as what some call the scientific community have no adherence to science.. It's akin to Conscience... Conscience is the bane of good science because it forces dogma to stand as fact and has caused many times science to be set back by generations.
1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.
Any other descriptives, any other naval gazing self aggrandizements and social pandering do not Science Make.....