Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,420)

Showing posts 88,381 - 88,400 of127,993
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
It is JEHAVAH'S WITNESSES not Jehovah Witness, and you cannot buy our Bible it is not for sale!
If one believes the trinity thay can consider the following:
If Jesus is God Almighty, then the following is true
God needs to learn obedience Heb5:8.
God is our brother Heb2:11,
God offered loud cries & tears to himself that he would save himself from death and since he showed himself reverent submission he answered himself- Heb5:7
Raised himself from death and sat himself down next to his own right hand and removed all authority from himself, to give it to himself so simultaneously he has and doesn't have it. 1Cor15:24-28
Are you trying to be funny?

NWT for Leather:$44.99

http://ministryideaz.com/shopexd.asp...

JEHAVAH'S WITNESSES not Jehovah Witness?

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
"spaceship"
Just a small correction: It correctly is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES------Not Jehovah Witnesses.
We are witnesses for the ruler of the universe and that makes us JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Thanks for the info. Now that you have said that, why do other JW's type it the way I did? Now stop your bragging.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol ... Yeah go to L.A and see how much graffiti on Billy Graham is on the walls... Weak... As always...
Latest I heard he has never raised the dead, walked on water, made blind men see or fed the masses with a couple fish and a loaf of bread... But I can find, and will find in a couple 1000 years some of those Franklin Mint plates with his mug on em....
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to be funny?
NWT for Leather:$44.99
http://ministryideaz.com/shopexd.asp...
JEHAVAH'S WITNESSES not Jehovah Witness?
No that is incorrect. Jehovah's Witnesses do not sell anythying including our Bible. You can have one just for the asking.

There are some commercial companies who do book binding and they may charge for their services. Just curious where did you come up with the figure $44.99?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info. Now that you have said that, why do other JW's type it the way I did? Now stop your bragging.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Not bragging just stating facts! No Jehovah's Witnesses type it the way you do...only people who don't know better type it Jehovah Witnesses instead of correctly Jehovah's Witnesses.
You are welcome for the information.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

"Spaceship earth"
I went on the website you posted and sure enough and I quote:
"Ministry Ideals is a commercial and does not legally represent any Bible Society."

Please get your facts straight before you post information. Otherwise you may be guilty of posting false information.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

hopeful wrote:
wouldn't it be great to allow the bible taught in school, yes read and find what it says isn't that what we do with other books no one would want religion taught there would always be the problem of whose veiw or form of religion was used and many times by teachers that were not into religion at all but what is wrong about study or reading what it says how can we be educated and be afraid of what the bible says people could make thier own decision about what to believe or not believe oh yes a lot of religions may not have an even chance at makeing fools of people. don't believe need a lot of rules they would surly get that wrong without even trying read and study bible and not pushing beleifs great way to add somthing to help all pupil teacher school as well as state this is a no brainer lets do it
The people pushing this would tell innocent children that the bible is fact, that it is real so your idea would not work. Of course most children would laugh if they read the bible with out any one pushing it on them

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

nargal wrote:
<quoted text>for you i'm sure it is. hitler pretty much had the same philosophy. it justified his transference of belief after becoming what he despised and envied.
<quoted text>oh so now you're attempting to read minds?
let me guess, you don't believe atheist rape children?
or is it basically humans raping children. pedophile's are cut from the same cloth; they generally don't fall within just any general belief system..
in a society where a belief system dominates, you're going to find a proportionate number of pedophiles in that belief system and again in all other systems of belief proportionate to that population.
Hitler was a christian and stated that Germany was a christian nation. Read minds? No I use Google

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... Kinda like complex living cells just springing up from lifeless chemical soup... Big Bangs from nothing... And human beings evolving from fish... These are myths of God hating people who will try anything to sell their religion called evolution....
Your statement has nothing to do with the fact that the only thing that states a man walked on water and raised the dead was written hundreds of years after the events?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... Kinda like complex living cells just springing up from lifeless chemical soup... Big Bangs from nothing... And human beings evolving from fish... These are myths of God hating people who will try anything to sell their religion called evolution....
nt trying to downplay anyone's side. Research your history, its not hard to figure out. Hell back when they wrote the bible, and almost all of it by (word of mouth recollection) they believed if they threw you in water and you floated you were guilty... and if you sunk you were innosent.. and there is no such thing as a hell. THE NAME OF or in the name of god, has killed more innocents than we can count
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Latest I heard he has never raised the dead, walked on water, made blind men see or fed the masses with a couple fish and a loaf of bread... But I can find, and will find in a couple 1000 years some of those Franklin Mint plates with his mug on em....
I agree,,,, cause too me Jesus did those things. No mug for me in 1000 years though , what I hope to find , is peace at the place that I myself long too be.
Although we dont think alike, I do admire your eye for beauty.. Happy Holidays...
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your statement has nothing to do with the fact that the only thing that states a man walked on water and raised the dead was written hundreds of years after the events?
that is also true, so from this point , I want to become Bella , and find my Edward, no my Jake, oh just give me the both of them , take away the blood thing though, that just grosses me out.. While I am at it , my faith is more toward the clue that if I buy in , I will see it all someday, not that if I read it , it will happen... Great Day to you Satan, although , I hope we dont make contact, I still wish you well..lol My road may not be leading right , and I may be traveling down yours, but I still have a car that can go in reverse and that will still turn around, well most of the time , when the transmission has fluid in it. Just got to fix that back up warning signal, it is not near loud enough , for my death ears...lol
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

As I stand alone
walls on all sides
On the hardness and trials
I will stand tall
as tall as I might,
for all of my
humble little life.
Til the world tramples me,
and I am no more,
I will stand tall
as tall as I might.
Always reaching for the sun.
Even though all around
is brokenness and pain
I'll lend my brief beauty
and stand tall
as tall as I might.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Perhaps our task in this shaky, fast-changing, bewildering world in which we live is to make music, at first with all that we have, and then, when that is no longer possible, to make music with what we have left.

"You know, sometimes it is the artist's task to find out how much music you can still make with what you have left."
sint holo

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler was a christian and stated that Germany was a christian nation. Read minds? No I use Google
hitler was a xenophobe too.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... Kinda like complex living cells just springing up from lifeless chemical soup... Big Bangs from nothing... And human beings evolving from fish...
Whoever said the chemical soup was lifeless? Apparently it wasn't.
It's your definition of "Life" that needs expanding.

You skipped Science in school, didn't you?
There is far, far more proof (yes, PROOF) of evolution than your primitive myth.
defender wrote:
<quoted text> These are myths of God hating people who will try anything to sell their religion called evolution....
Can't hate what isn't real.
Do you waste your time hating the Easter Bunny or Santa Clause?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Evolution is fact. The scale or extent of evolution is the better question. We know factually, people and the world around us have and are evolving. Them who flatly deny evolution tout the impossibility of a "Big Bang from nothing" then pat their leather clad bible with comfort, while missing this is Exactly the same as the god-creator from nothing. Even a god, would at some point have "evolved" a begining from "nothingness".

The mind cannot comprehend a "nothing" as the birth of everything, god or earthly atom.

Puff, puff, pass.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
"Spaceship earth"
I went on the website you posted and sure enough and I quote:
"Ministry Ideals is a commercial and does not legally represent any Bible Society."
Please get your facts straight before you post information. Otherwise you may be guilty of posting false information.
Is that all you live for to Nag others? Get a life.

So Ministry Ideals never bought the bibles it was donated to them by the watchtower or JWs to sale for profit to others like the money changers in Jesus day, go figure. Religion is a business.

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
No that is incorrect. Jehovah's Witnesses do not sell anythying including our Bible.
All that nagging you did to correct me how to correctly spell your group name, there you go and spell it that why yourself.

Now don't you feel a little silly about how to remove the splinter in my eye.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

sint holo wrote:
<quoted text>hitler was a xenophobe too.
you say that like it is a bad thing or something.
I do not bow down to the Jewish and feel that they are superior to every one else.
Their history is violent and evil. The bible was written to justify their murders, rape, theft, genocide of men women and children just to take the wealth of those they slaughtered.
So I put them on the same level as the evil christian cult

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 88,381 - 88,400 of127,993
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr LMS 144,927
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr LMS 26,173
I have nothing to say.. 4 hr Tehee Candor 3
What happened at the dollor store in flat lick ... 5 hr Johnny 2
Barbourville topix 5 hr Rumors 7
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 6 hr 75 Scorpio 3,740
Fight 6 hr Brothers Market 1
KC Basketball Coach 6 hr Great 65
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 9 hr Butt head 383