Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
88,361 - 88,380 of 128,669 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
Hiintcabiit

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're still not getting the point, scholars disagree with your claims and the dating is not even close as the coptic greek.
scholars in all scientific fields disagree, disavow, diss all the time.
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>Translation of the Bible From Greek into Coptic (Circa 100 CE – 250 CE)
The copitics did not believe in a trinity but that Jesus was a god or son of god.
would you care to post which coptics?

http://www.coptic.net/prayers/StBasilLiturgy....
O Father and Son and Holy Spirit

even the hindus and the greeks speak of the trinity.

the thrice great hermes for instance.

or maybe you would find this group as pertinent as coptics

http://www.gnosis.org/thomasbook/ch16.html

fyi, i'm not a christian as has been explained to you.
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>So do you now believe the trinity doctine is false because the coptic greek outdates your evidence? If so then you need to buy the Jehovah Witness bible.
the coptics are egyptian. even the egyptian speaks of the Father(osiris), the Mother/Spirit(isis), and horus(the son).
orochi

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're still not getting the point, scholars disagree with your claims and the dating is not even close as the coptic greek.
Translation of the Bible From Greek into Coptic (Circa 100 CE – 250 CE)
The copitics did not believe in a trinity but that Jesus was a god or son of god. So do you now believe the trinity doctine is false because the coptic greek outdates your evidence? If so then you need to buy the Jehovah Witness bible.
the trinity in coptic orthodoxy.

http://www.patheos.com/Library/Oriental-Ortho...
olobit

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
The copitics did not believe in a trinity but that Jesus was a god or son of god. So do you now believe the trinity doctine is false because the coptic greek outdates your evidence? If so then you need to buy the Jehovah Witness bible.
two parts of the triparte of the trinity

energy cannot be destroyed. it simply changes form

or if you prefer

e = mc2

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Hiintcabiit wrote:
<quoted text>scholars in all scientific fields disagree, disavow, diss all the time.
<quoted text>would you care to post which coptics?
http://www.coptic.net/prayers/StBasilLiturgy....
O Father and Son and Holy Spirit
even the hindus and the greeks speak of the trinity.
the thrice great hermes for instance.
or maybe you would find this group as pertinent as coptics
http://www.gnosis.org/thomasbook/ch16.html
fyi, i'm not a christian as has been explained to you.
<quoted text>the coptics are egyptian. even the egyptian speaks of the Father(osiris), the Mother/Spirit(isis), and horus(the son).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arius

The New Catholic Encyclopedia. 1967. New York: McGraw-Hill
Book Co. Vol. 1. Arianism, by V.C. Declercq.

Book Co. Vol. 8. St. Lucian of Antioch, by P. W. Harkins.

Davis S.J., Leo D. 1987. The First Seven Ecumenical Councils (325-787):
Their History and Theology. Wilmington: Michael Glazier, Inc.

Guitton, Jean. 1965. Great Heresies and Church Councils. New York:
Harper and Row.

Herbermann, Charles G., Edward A. Pace, Conde B. Pallen,
Thomas J. Shahan, John J. Wynne, eds. 1913. The Catholic
Encyclopedia. New York: The Encyclopedia Press. Vol. 1,
Arianism, by William Barry.

Encyclopedia. New York: The Encyclopedia Press. Vol. 11,
Councils of Nicaea, by H. Leclercq.

“Wide open till you see God”

Since: Oct 11

Then Brake

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me make my statement again for the hard of understanding....
"Please provide me with One Historic Document from the time of Jesus that mentions him... "
I know it's tough, I know it's annoying ... But A Oral Tradition, A 1300 year later writing, And 50 year later writing... do not "One Historic Document from the time of Jesus" make.... If you would like I can provide you links to graffiti on whose the best gladiator or where to get laid... and all the other things I mentioned but then again I'm not making the claim that a guy can walk on water and turn water to wine while raising the dead, curing the blind and in general being the Super Hero of the time...
There was a Oral Tradition that lasted 1000's (Longer than Christianity) of years that a bunch of giant greek Gods sat on a mountain and tossed lighting bolts on mere mortals.... I don't think that happened either....
Damn, so much for my hero Thor.
misi kinepikw

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arius
Book Co. Vol. 1. Arianism, by V.C. Declercq.
Book Co. Vol. 8. St. Lucian of Antioch, by P. W. Harkins.
Davis S.J., Leo D. 1987. The First Seven Ecumenical Councils (325-787):
Their History and Theology. Wilmington: Michael Glazier, Inc.
Guitton, Jean. 1965. Great Heresies and Church Councils. New York:
Harper and Row.
Encyclopedia. New York: The Encyclopedia Press. Vol. 1,
Arianism, by William Barry.
Encyclopedia. New York: The Encyclopedia Press. Vol. 11,
Councils of Nicaea, by H. Leclercq.
only the latin rites churches generally recognize the council of nicea's counsel and jesus as the son. coptics are not part of the nicean creed/dogma.

the trinity recognizes the offspring, or son/creation, as one part; which would be the form, or what you call the 3rd density actual/real.

however jesus taught that the flesh/form counts for nothing because like the buddhist concept of non-attachment to temporal things, or illusion of form, or in hinduism, maya.

these same metaphors can be understood in the thrice great hermes trimegistus teachings on hermeticism, or hermetic corpus.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Albert Einstein seems be quoted here a lot, his theories and intelligence,, he was smart, one of the greatest minds of all time. He was not feared by his fellow man or christian and was an atheist. Mark Twain was an atheist, along with Ernest Hemingway. I find it strange that if you tell a christian you are a Jew, you are loved and accepted despite your non belief of the little 9lb 4oz baby jesus,, but if you say you are an atheist,, you will be beaten by the bible belt, shunned, outcast and ridiculed. What's the difference. The christian seems to embrace an idea that any belief, is better than none. Interesting.

Puff, puff, pass.
zimitra

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

RoachClip wrote:
Albert Einstein seems be quoted here a lot, his theories and intelligence,, he was smart, one of the greatest minds of all time. He was not feared by his fellow man or christian and was an atheist. Mark Twain was an atheist, along with Ernest Hemingway. I find it strange that if you tell a christian you are a Jew, you are loved and accepted despite your non belief of the little 9lb 4oz baby jesus,, but if you say you are an atheist,, you will be beaten by the bible belt, shunned, outcast and ridiculed. What's the difference. The christian seems to embrace an idea that any belief, is better than none. Interesting.
Puff, puff, pass.
actually one wonders about einstein sometimes given this quote; which is a hint at the third part of the trinity.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/al...

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

the idea is that IT isn't a personal god; nor is it anthropic per se.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

RoachClip wrote:
Puff, puff, pass.
The jews love and worship wealth almost as much as christians do.
The whole cult is social status and wealth

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

RoachClip wrote:
Puff, puff, pass.
Just plain goofy ain't it.....
draco

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The jews love and worship wealth almost as much as christians do.
The whole cult is social status and wealth
you're making a generalized statement; which is untrue based on individuals. this is another xenophobic statement.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

draco wrote:
<quoted text>you're making a generalized statement; which is untrue based on individuals. this is another xenophobic statement.
It is a true statement. Next you will tell me that the over 13,000,000 christians raping children are just a "few" and I should not judge the whole cult by what a "few" have done?

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&am...
hopeful

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

wouldn't it be great to allow the bible taught in school, yes read and find what it says isn't that what we do with other books no one would want religion taught there would always be the problem of whose veiw or form of religion was used and many times by teachers that were not into religion at all but what is wrong about study or reading what it says how can we be educated and be afraid of what the bible says people could make thier own decision about what to believe or not believe oh yes a lot of religions may not have an even chance at makeing fools of people. don't believe need a lot of rules they would surly get that wrong without even trying read and study bible and not pushing beleifs great way to add somthing to help all pupil teacher school as well as state this is a no brainer lets do it
nargal

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>It is a true statement.
for you i'm sure it is. hitler pretty much had the same philosophy. it justified his transference of belief after becoming what he despised and envied.
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text> Next you will tell me that the over 13,000,000 christians raping children are just a "few" and I should not judge the whole cult by what a "few" have done?
oh so now you're attempting to read minds?

let me guess, you don't believe atheist rape children?

or is it basically humans raping children. pedophile's are cut from the same cloth; they generally don't fall within just any general belief system..

in a society where a belief system dominates, you're going to find a proportionate number of pedophiles in that belief system and again in all other systems of belief proportionate to that population.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

"spaceship"
Just a small correction: It correctly is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES------Not Jehovah Witnesses.

We are witnesses for the ruler of the universe and that makes us JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is JEHAVAH'S WITNESSES not Jehovah Witness, and you cannot buy our Bible it is not for sale!

If one believes the trinity thay can consider the following:

If Jesus is God Almighty, then the following is true
God needs to learn obedience Heb5:8.
God is our brother Heb2:11,
God offered loud cries & tears to himself that he would save himself from death and since he showed himself reverent submission he answered himself- Heb5:7
Raised himself from death and sat himself down next to his own right hand and removed all authority from himself, to give it to himself so simultaneously he has and doesn't have it. 1Cor15:24-28
defender

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>If some guy was indeed going around walking on water, parting the Red Sea, and raising people from the dead, you would think that might get a mention in the local historians' tomes, wouldn't you?

It didn't happen. Those are purely the myths of uneducated, superstitious people.
Umm... Kinda like complex living cells just springing up from lifeless chemical soup... Big Bangs from nothing... And human beings evolving from fish... These are myths of God hating people who will try anything to sell their religion called evolution....
defender

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Go to Israel... Walk to any of the dozens of archaeological digs.. In Every Site you will find paintings, graffiti, pottery, Mosaics and assorted objects with pictures of everyday events, grain counts, names, places, where to get a beer, where to get laid, what to do where to go and whose doing who... All dating to the years around the birth said to be Jesus until after the time he is said to have died... There are Many writings from the time of Christ that speak of Gladiatorial games, Roman soldiers, and many Individual Citizens... Yet Not One note, not one mention, not a painting, not a scribble on a wall... Until Years after his life by a guy that was attempting to gain power within a new religious movement...

I have no doubt that a guy that today is called Jesus went around preaching some... But if the later stories that hyped him and added ever increasing Claims of greater Super Powers were in the slightest True there would be people running around making pots, writing on walls, making frescoes, tiling mosaics and being written of at least as much as the local gladiators and hookers....
Lol ... Yeah go to L.A and see how much graffiti on Billy Graham is on the walls... Weak... As always...
nagaraja

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

RoachClip wrote:
Puff, puff, pass.
einstein on spinoza and buddhism

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings.(Albert Einstein)

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Theology-Albert...

The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.(Albert Einstein)

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/metaphysics-alb...

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
It is JEHAVAH'S WITNESSES not Jehovah Witness, and you cannot buy our Bible it is not for sale!
If one believes the trinity thay can consider the following:
If Jesus is God Almighty, then the following is true
God needs to learn obedience Heb5:8.
God is our brother Heb2:11,
God offered loud cries & tears to himself that he would save himself from death and since he showed himself reverent submission he answered himself- Heb5:7
Raised himself from death and sat himself down next to his own right hand and removed all authority from himself, to give it to himself so simultaneously he has and doesn't have it. 1Cor15:24-28
Are you trying to be funny?

NWT for Leather:$44.99

http://ministryideaz.com/shopexd.asp...

JEHAVAH'S WITNESSES not Jehovah Witness?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
scott parrott living with another woman...what ... (Aug '10) 21 min friend of friend 12
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 44 min scirocco 146,294
Anthony Smith 1 hr candy 4
James Gambrel 2 hr ewww 3
hailey roberts 3 hr yepp yepp 4
Stivers Center fixes 6 hr get real 51
Any couples into SCAT??? 6 hr lady ella 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000