Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
88,321 - 88,340 of 129,056 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92159
Dec 3, 2012
 
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
It was a simple answer...
God hardened Pharaoh's heart so He could show him, and Israel His power!
Did it work? Yes, for about <---> that long, as the Bible teaches!
Secondary... was to payback egypt for killing the Hebrew baby boys!
You could have saved a lot of typing by just giving the answer :-)
Correct, you graduate.

The best path is not always the easy one.

Puff, puff, pass.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92160
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RoachClip wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, you graduate.
The best path is not always the easy one.
Puff, puff, pass.
Here you are again Humpaburn, wasting time drunk and high. You are shirking your duties of giving your morning report. The wife is not going to be pleased with you. Roach Clip my old boney hind end, you better secure the bunny trail this morning, Humpaburn. Dangerous animals are on the prowl and here you are wasting time when lives are at stake on the bunny trail. Hippty Humpety Humpaburns on his way.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92161
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

While we're on the topic of the fiscal cliff

(that's what everyone's talking about, isn't it?)

let's not forget that there's one hefty sum Congress and the president could raise without too much trouble.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/nov/30/b...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92162
Dec 3, 2012
 
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you are again Humpaburn, wasting time drunk and high. You are shirking your duties of giving your morning report. The wife is not going to be pleased with you. Roach Clip my old boney hind end, you better secure the bunny trail this morning, Humpaburn. Dangerous animals are on the prowl and here you are wasting time when lives are at stake on the bunny trail. Hippty Humpety Humpaburns on his way.
Was this supposed to make sense?

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92163
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Leaving the Light On wrote:
Jesus is a friend who knows all your faults and still loves you anyway.
Since jesus is imaginary the conversations are really with yourself. So your statement has some truth, you know everything about yourself and still love yourself.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92164
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

When members of the christian cult do read the bible, they only read the parts they like

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92165
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

They(christians) do not read the bible, they follow the church leaders just like sheep, if they did read the bible their faith would flee. Some christians probably got their belief from charlton heston, drug induced delusions, fear of being a sex toy in prison, the need to molest young boys, family belief, etc. I would guess a very small amount(0) of christians got their belief from "reading" the bible.

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92166
Dec 3, 2012
 
Spaceship earth wrote:
While we're on the topic of the fiscal cliff
(that's what everyone's talking about, isn't it?)
let's not forget that there's one hefty sum Congress and the president could raise without too much trouble.
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/nov/30/b...
Hiya SS, good link, 71 billion, amazing.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92167
Dec 3, 2012
 
"When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not care to support it, so that its professors are obliged to call for the help of the civil power,'tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one." ~ Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac, 1754

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92168
Dec 3, 2012
 
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya SS, good link, 71 billion, amazing.
Hi LOL, yes, thought it was worth $$$ posting.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92169
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Are you a religious nut with out a religion? Stop being alone, find a group of nuts that think just like you...

http://selectsmart.com/RELIGION/
BOOM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92170
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Since jesus is imaginary the conversations are really with yourself. So your statement has some truth, you know everything about yourself and still love yourself.
No, Jesus is not imaginary, historical documents show that He and most all people from the Bible were real.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92171
Dec 3, 2012
 
LOL in a suit wrote:
Are you a religious nut with out a religion? Stop being alone, find a group of nuts that think just like you...
http://selectsmart.com/RELIGION/
Good link. The test is interesting in its results.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92172
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

LOL in a suit wrote:
Are you a religious nut with out a religion? Stop being alone, find a group of nuts that think just like you...
http://selectsmart.com/RELIGION/
I wonder is Christian Mingle using this test on their dating site.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92173
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

BOOM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus is not imaginary, historical documents show that He and most all people from the Bible were real.
Please provide me with One Historic Document from the time of Jesus that mentions him... A document written 50 years after he was said to have lived is not a historic document that verifies he did... What I can say is that on walls I can show you graffiti on where to find a brothel, writing telling us what grains were harvested, who was in power, what sports guys were hits with the crowds.... These right in the very towns Jesus was said to hang out... But with a guy turning wine into water, walking on water, healing the blind and all the other things we are told he did and No One wrote "Jesus was here" on a wall, no one fired a clay pot with his deeds on it... During his Life Time No one made a mention of him or his deeds... It's only in writings dating years after his death we find any writing that even mention him... Now if you have a link to a Document written about his that can be verified to date to his lifetime I would love to see it... And so would every religious scholar on earth...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92175
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide me with One Historic Document from the time of Jesus that mentions him... A document written 50 years after he was said to have lived is not a historic document that verifies he did... What I can say is that on walls I can show you graffiti on where to find a brothel, writing telling us what grains were harvested, who was in power, what sports guys were hits with the crowds.... These right in the very towns Jesus was said to hang out... But with a guy turning wine into water, walking on water, healing the blind and all the other things we are told he did and No One wrote "Jesus was here" on a wall, no one fired a clay pot with his deeds on it... During his Life Time No one made a mention of him or his deeds... It's only in writings dating years after his death we find any writing that even mention him... Now if you have a link to a Document written about his that can be verified to date to his lifetime I would love to see it... And so would every religious scholar on earth...
Equally odd, not one word of description is in the bible of how jesus looked. Was he tall, short and fat with a premature balding monkey butt on the back of his head, did he have a wine gut, perhaps t-rex armed with big nose, maybe very athletic or body builder type with great strength, maybe tall and skinny with feminine features,,, Man or messiah, he was an influential and charimatic speaker yet the people of his time spoke not a word on how he appeared. I find that profoundly interesting.

Puff, puff, pass.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92176
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

The beatles were a pretty good band. John Lennon once said they had become bigger than jesus. Lennon was an atheist, he believed in love and peace and niceness between mankind. The Catholic churched turned on Lennon and the beatles..... Eight years after his death the Vatican, "forgave" John Lennon. This was not a christian act, it was done as an insult to further push jesus as the loving forgiving salvation of mankind,, not peace and love. I don't think John asked for their forgiveness.

Puff, puff, pass.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92177
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

BOOM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus is not imaginary, historical documents show that He and most all people from the Bible were real.
No, there is not one document stating that. There are writings that mention real places, just like Lee Childs Jack Reacher novels do.
In fact the fictional character jesus was not written about until 300 years past the time he was supposed to live.
I can wrrite a story right now about Faries and mention NY, CA. FL

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92179
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

*If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92180
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Leaving the Light On wrote:
*If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything!
"No way of thinking or doing, however ancient, can be trusted without proof." - Henry David Thoreau

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JOHN F. KENNEDY

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend." - Henri Bergson

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." - Albert Einstein

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 5 min freddy 8
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Nutz 147,361
Barbourville online and Windstream 12 min crazyjimbo 21
Single guys 16 min Looker 6
Where's Jason cranes 36 min Well 18
Renee Jackson 55 min Heidrick_1 1
john sowders 1 hr she will 15
New club in Barbourville? 8 hr Bville resident 20
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 13 hr I think 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••