Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,399

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
hopeful

London, KY

#92214 Dec 4, 2012
wouldn't it be great to allow the bible taught in school, yes read and find what it says isn't that what we do with other books no one would want religion taught there would always be the problem of whose veiw or form of religion was used and many times by teachers that were not into religion at all but what is wrong about study or reading what it says how can we be educated and be afraid of what the bible says people could make thier own decision about what to believe or not believe oh yes a lot of religions may not have an even chance at makeing fools of people. don't believe need a lot of rules they would surly get that wrong without even trying read and study bible and not pushing beleifs great way to add somthing to help all pupil teacher school as well as state this is a no brainer lets do it
nargal

Winchester, KY

#92215 Dec 4, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>It is a true statement.
for you i'm sure it is. hitler pretty much had the same philosophy. it justified his transference of belief after becoming what he despised and envied.
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text> Next you will tell me that the over 13,000,000 christians raping children are just a "few" and I should not judge the whole cult by what a "few" have done?
oh so now you're attempting to read minds?

let me guess, you don't believe atheist rape children?

or is it basically humans raping children. pedophile's are cut from the same cloth; they generally don't fall within just any general belief system..

in a society where a belief system dominates, you're going to find a proportionate number of pedophiles in that belief system and again in all other systems of belief proportionate to that population.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#92216 Dec 4, 2012
"spaceship"
Just a small correction: It correctly is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES------Not Jehovah Witnesses.

We are witnesses for the ruler of the universe and that makes us JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#92217 Dec 4, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're still not getting the point, scholars disagree with your claims and the dating is not even close as the coptic greek.
Translation of the Bible From Greek into Coptic (Circa 100 CE 250 CE)
The copitics did not believe in a trinity but that Jesus was a god or son of god. So do you now believe the trinity doctine is false because the coptic greek outdates your evidence? If so then you need to buy the Jehovah Witness bible.
It is JEHAVAH'S WITNESSES not Jehovah Witness, and you cannot buy our Bible it is not for sale!

If one believes the trinity thay can consider the following:

If Jesus is God Almighty, then the following is true
God needs to learn obedience Heb5:8.
God is our brother Heb2:11,
God offered loud cries & tears to himself that he would save himself from death and since he showed himself reverent submission he answered himself- Heb5:7
Raised himself from death and sat himself down next to his own right hand and removed all authority from himself, to give it to himself so simultaneously he has and doesn't have it. 1Cor15:24-28
defender

London, KY

#92219 Dec 4, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>If some guy was indeed going around walking on water, parting the Red Sea, and raising people from the dead, you would think that might get a mention in the local historians' tomes, wouldn't you?

It didn't happen. Those are purely the myths of uneducated, superstitious people.
Umm... Kinda like complex living cells just springing up from lifeless chemical soup... Big Bangs from nothing... And human beings evolving from fish... These are myths of God hating people who will try anything to sell their religion called evolution....
defender

London, KY

#92220 Dec 4, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Go to Israel... Walk to any of the dozens of archaeological digs.. In Every Site you will find paintings, graffiti, pottery, Mosaics and assorted objects with pictures of everyday events, grain counts, names, places, where to get a beer, where to get laid, what to do where to go and whose doing who... All dating to the years around the birth said to be Jesus until after the time he is said to have died... There are Many writings from the time of Christ that speak of Gladiatorial games, Roman soldiers, and many Individual Citizens... Yet Not One note, not one mention, not a painting, not a scribble on a wall... Until Years after his life by a guy that was attempting to gain power within a new religious movement...

I have no doubt that a guy that today is called Jesus went around preaching some... But if the later stories that hyped him and added ever increasing Claims of greater Super Powers were in the slightest True there would be people running around making pots, writing on walls, making frescoes, tiling mosaics and being written of at least as much as the local gladiators and hookers....
Lol ... Yeah go to L.A and see how much graffiti on Billy Graham is on the walls... Weak... As always...
nagaraja

Winchester, KY

#92221 Dec 4, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Albert Einstein seems be quoted here a lot, his theories and intelligence,, he was smart, one of the greatest minds of all time. He was not feared by his fellow man or christian and was an atheist. Mark Twain was an atheist, along with Ernest Hemingway. I find it strange that if you tell a christian you are a Jew, you are loved and accepted despite your non belief of the little 9lb 4oz baby jesus,, but if you say you are an atheist,, you will be beaten by the bible belt, shunned, outcast and ridiculed. What's the difference. The christian seems to embrace an idea that any belief, is better than none. Interesting.
Puff, puff, pass.
einstein on spinoza and buddhism

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings.(Albert Einstein)

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Theology-Albert...

The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.(Albert Einstein)

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/metaphysics-alb...

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92222 Dec 4, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
It is JEHAVAH'S WITNESSES not Jehovah Witness, and you cannot buy our Bible it is not for sale!
If one believes the trinity thay can consider the following:
If Jesus is God Almighty, then the following is true
God needs to learn obedience Heb5:8.
God is our brother Heb2:11,
God offered loud cries & tears to himself that he would save himself from death and since he showed himself reverent submission he answered himself- Heb5:7
Raised himself from death and sat himself down next to his own right hand and removed all authority from himself, to give it to himself so simultaneously he has and doesn't have it. 1Cor15:24-28
Are you trying to be funny?

NWT for Leather:$44.99

http://ministryideaz.com/shopexd.asp...

JEHAVAH'S WITNESSES not Jehovah Witness?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92223 Dec 4, 2012
Known fact wrote:
"spaceship"
Just a small correction: It correctly is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES------Not Jehovah Witnesses.
We are witnesses for the ruler of the universe and that makes us JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Thanks for the info. Now that you have said that, why do other JW's type it the way I did? Now stop your bragging.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#92224 Dec 4, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol ... Yeah go to L.A and see how much graffiti on Billy Graham is on the walls... Weak... As always...
Latest I heard he has never raised the dead, walked on water, made blind men see or fed the masses with a couple fish and a loaf of bread... But I can find, and will find in a couple 1000 years some of those Franklin Mint plates with his mug on em....
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#92225 Dec 4, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to be funny?
NWT for Leather:$44.99
http://ministryideaz.com/shopexd.asp...
JEHAVAH'S WITNESSES not Jehovah Witness?
No that is incorrect. Jehovah's Witnesses do not sell anythying including our Bible. You can have one just for the asking.

There are some commercial companies who do book binding and they may charge for their services. Just curious where did you come up with the figure $44.99?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#92226 Dec 4, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info. Now that you have said that, why do other JW's type it the way I did? Now stop your bragging.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Not bragging just stating facts! No Jehovah's Witnesses type it the way you do...only people who don't know better type it Jehovah Witnesses instead of correctly Jehovah's Witnesses.
You are welcome for the information.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#92227 Dec 4, 2012
"Spaceship earth"
I went on the website you posted and sure enough and I quote:
"Ministry Ideals is a commercial and does not legally represent any Bible Society."

Please get your facts straight before you post information. Otherwise you may be guilty of posting false information.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#92228 Dec 5, 2012
hopeful wrote:
wouldn't it be great to allow the bible taught in school, yes read and find what it says isn't that what we do with other books no one would want religion taught there would always be the problem of whose veiw or form of religion was used and many times by teachers that were not into religion at all but what is wrong about study or reading what it says how can we be educated and be afraid of what the bible says people could make thier own decision about what to believe or not believe oh yes a lot of religions may not have an even chance at makeing fools of people. don't believe need a lot of rules they would surly get that wrong without even trying read and study bible and not pushing beleifs great way to add somthing to help all pupil teacher school as well as state this is a no brainer lets do it
The people pushing this would tell innocent children that the bible is fact, that it is real so your idea would not work. Of course most children would laugh if they read the bible with out any one pushing it on them

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92229 Dec 5, 2012
nargal wrote:
<quoted text>for you i'm sure it is. hitler pretty much had the same philosophy. it justified his transference of belief after becoming what he despised and envied.
<quoted text>oh so now you're attempting to read minds?
let me guess, you don't believe atheist rape children?
or is it basically humans raping children. pedophile's are cut from the same cloth; they generally don't fall within just any general belief system..
in a society where a belief system dominates, you're going to find a proportionate number of pedophiles in that belief system and again in all other systems of belief proportionate to that population.
Hitler was a christian and stated that Germany was a christian nation. Read minds? No I use Google

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92230 Dec 5, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... Kinda like complex living cells just springing up from lifeless chemical soup... Big Bangs from nothing... And human beings evolving from fish... These are myths of God hating people who will try anything to sell their religion called evolution....
Your statement has nothing to do with the fact that the only thing that states a man walked on water and raised the dead was written hundreds of years after the events?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#92231 Dec 5, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
nt trying to downplay anyone's side. Research your history, its not hard to figure out. Hell back when they wrote the bible, and almost all of it by (word of mouth recollection) they believed if they threw you in water and you floated you were guilty... and if you sunk you were innosent.. and there is no such thing as a hell. THE NAME OF or in the name of god, has killed more innocents than we can count
so true

Morgantown, KY

#92232 Dec 5, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Latest I heard he has never raised the dead, walked on water, made blind men see or fed the masses with a couple fish and a loaf of bread... But I can find, and will find in a couple 1000 years some of those Franklin Mint plates with his mug on em....
I agree,,,, cause too me Jesus did those things. No mug for me in 1000 years though , what I hope to find , is peace at the place that I myself long too be.
Although we dont think alike, I do admire your eye for beauty.. Happy Holidays...
so true

Morgantown, KY

#92233 Dec 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your statement has nothing to do with the fact that the only thing that states a man walked on water and raised the dead was written hundreds of years after the events?
that is also true, so from this point , I want to become Bella , and find my Edward, no my Jake, oh just give me the both of them , take away the blood thing though, that just grosses me out.. While I am at it , my faith is more toward the clue that if I buy in , I will see it all someday, not that if I read it , it will happen... Great Day to you Satan, although , I hope we dont make contact, I still wish you well..lol My road may not be leading right , and I may be traveling down yours, but I still have a car that can go in reverse and that will still turn around, well most of the time , when the transmission has fluid in it. Just got to fix that back up warning signal, it is not near loud enough , for my death ears...lol
so true

Morgantown, KY

#92234 Dec 5, 2012
As I stand alone
walls on all sides
On the hardness and trials
I will stand tall
as tall as I might,
for all of my
humble little life.
Til the world tramples me,
and I am no more,
I will stand tall
as tall as I might.
Always reaching for the sun.
Even though all around
is brokenness and pain
I'll lend my brief beauty
and stand tall
as tall as I might.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alcohol petition discussion removed! 23 min County Worker 10
Vote Dry send our Money to Corbin !?!?!? 4 hr Interested person 2
New wet vote petition started today please sign... 4 hr Interested person 12
WET vote supported by Artemus church deacon 6 hr I wonder 2
Where to sign WET petition ?"??? 6 hr Dude 3
looking to buy a electric fence charger 7 hr beans 1
Keep our town DRY 9 hr Crack Kills 17
Romeo's Italian Resturant 11 hr Boozer 8
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Thu marsh 55
Barbourville Dating