Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Read more: The Courier-Journal 135,216

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#92131 Dec 2, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"And how is it that only you have rights and only you can dictate to others?"
A TrueBeliever.
I fight for every one to have the same rights, which is why I fight against the christian cult that would oppress its victims.
I say no religion should be told as fact.
I say think and question.

Location hidden

#92132 Dec 2, 2012
God bless the Pope. lol. People of faith are a dangerous lot at times. Faith in any religion can move them to destruction of all manor if properly motivated. However, in the book known as the bible, in the end you are on your own, supposidly standing before a god for your, one on one chat and judgement of your future by the supreme architect of the universe. You will not be judged as a group, so did you read the rules, know the expectations, were your properly trained to carry out the work and did you execute that work to this gods critical criteria. Atheist don't fear god, they fear the stupidity of the motivated.

Puff, puff, pass.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92133 Dec 2, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
God bless the Pope. lol. People of faith are a dangerous lot at times. Faith in any religion can move them to destruction of all manor if properly motivated. However, in the book known as the bible, in the end you are on your own, supposidly standing before a god for your, one on one chat and judgement of your future by the supreme architect of the universe. You will not be judged as a group, so did you read the rules, know the expectations, were your properly trained to carry out the work and did you execute that work to this gods critical criteria. Atheist don't fear god, they fear the stupidity of the motivated.
Puff, puff, pass.
I have judged those who claim moral right while committing horrible acts against people and found them weak self serving, and perverted

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#92134 Dec 2, 2012
april wrote:
<quoted text>there shouldnt be but one religion teached that being the religion of jesus christ theres but one only. thats what wrong now to many people living in a diverse society,wake up before its too late.
So you think all people should only be Amish right?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92135 Dec 2, 2012
One Jesus for liberals, another for conservatives

New research shows how believers tailor Christian teachings to fit their own political viewpoint.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belie...
kiper

Grayson, KY

#92136 Dec 2, 2012
interesting.
defender

London, KY

#92138 Dec 2, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
One Jesus for liberals, another for conservatives

New research shows how believers tailor Christian teachings to fit their own political viewpoint.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belie...
Wow I agree with you for once.... Book suggestion: Radical by David Platt...
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#92139 Dec 2, 2012
Contradictory to common belief:

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth NOT in temples made with hands;

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in YOU?

Matthew 18:20 For WHERE TWO OR THREE are gathered together in my name, THERE AM I in the MIDST of them.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple (made with hands), and in three days I will raise it up.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#92141 Dec 2, 2012
Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
If this was true, then you'd clearly pray to just god, not his creation of jesus. You know, your Lord and savior, Jesus Christ? Now tell me how I miss interpreted this statement you made..? See, it's a battle of words and definitions that clearly not everyone knows.
The problem is, the individuals with self-evident assumptions on their side tend to 'justify' what something "means" by choosing what "THEY" think is best suited. Hence the issue with 'faith' and 'belief' always being thrown into an argument.
"Are you scared? Nope, I have faith in my Jesus Christ, that he will lead me righteously to the light." So you worship the 'creation' to appease the 'creator'... and I'm blinded by the devil! o.O
No!
We Pray to our Father (God) IN Jesus' name!
Jesus is God IN begotten human body, and sits now with the Father...
as told by the Bible in Jesus' words!
Redeemed by Christ unto the Father, it's hard to fathom
until you feel it!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#92142 Dec 2, 2012
Conscience is God's built-in warning system.Be very happy when it hurts you.Be very worried when it doesn't.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#92143 Dec 2, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be easier to answer you, but I'm not in school, I don't take test, and I don't answer to people on topix forums. I don't debate nor have I ever set out to prove or disprove any comments made by others. "Spit it out, tell us!",,,how rude, that you have set out to "demand" my knowledge be tested with no disagreement of what I posted, simply a "do you know this question, then PROVE it".. it's not my job to educate, teach, verify or testify, and my knowledge of any subject will be left subjective to each reader. If anyone does not understand the reasons god hardened the heart of the pharaoh, they can buy the book, or you can explain it, if you can and wish too, but no one will "task" me to do anything. I answer to no man, and very few women,,, and do not ask any man to answer to me.
Be kind to man and animal and all will be fine.
Puff, puff, pass.
LOL
It was a simple answer...
God hardened Pharaoh's heart so He could show him, and Israel His power!
Did it work? Yes, for about <---> that long, as the Bible teaches!
Secondary... was to payback egypt for killing the Hebrew baby boys!
You could have saved a lot of typing by just giving the answer :-)
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#92144 Dec 2, 2012
Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, claimed words just as you've said in regards to Zeus and Poseidon! To say otherwise would have the believers wishing you a quick and merciless death!
How come when someone clings to the Mayan calender prediction of the 'end-times' they are clearly delusional or misinformed over trivial outdated science or nonsensical biblical scripture. BUT, your bible is right? So something that's been modified 600+ times in it's entirety, verses an obelisk like structure made from stone...that can't be altered without our knowing..is wrong!?!?!?
Oh, btw.. I'm pretty sure Wikileaks contains videos of us American's slaughtering humans inside vehicles and buildings... just they don't waste a human life doing it. We sit from afar and watch it, while they get a first hand experience. Don't know where you think you are at, but reality has a story FAR GREATER than that used up old fear-mongering fable you call a bible.
Righteously... we don't bomb anything without being IN a war, or conflict!
Has innocent people been killed at our hand? Yes... many!
Are we trying to reduce that number? Yes!
Not so with Islam... More Blood, more Terror... Big difference!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#92145 Dec 2, 2012
Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
Has 'what' exactly under control? The Famine? The droughts? The mass die-offs of animals and sea-life? Disease.. Murder.. rape!? REMEMBER, jesus allows ALL of this to happen since he is the 'only' gateway you can be forgiven. Jesus saying 'let not your heart be troubled' obviously tells me if sin does come to me in any form, I should CLEARLY not be troubled by it, because I can be forgiven through jesus! What a (edited vulgarity) scapegoat!
Just remember people, if someone rapes you, or murders someone you know.. Just thank God, and apply for a forgiveness form through your local church, and ALL will be ok! yes......
You have to make the choice, forgive, or forgive not...
No form, or church required!
Do we like bad things happening? No!
Do we want to want to give up Heaven for unforgiveness?
No, that would be foolish!

Location hidden

#92146 Dec 2, 2012
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was YOU.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#92147 Dec 2, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not to be rude here, but "Yes and Amen" is not thinking clearly here, not that I don't believe in God either because I do, but if you read in Revelaiton 16:13-16 this is where it explains what forces are gathering this world to Armageddon and they are described as UNCLEAN spirits. One of them being the False Prophet. "Atheist 101" is correct in his statement the world needs More GOOD and LOVE and because he realizes this he his closer to God's Will than "Yes and Amen" is currently. Hopefully that can change.
Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 18:3 Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall NOT enter into the kingdom of heaven.
So... You don't think I want more "Good, and Love" in 'This' world?
I do not remember saying anything like that!
I did/do think the IF everyone would Learn to Love God, there'd be
no need for the end of the world (other than to repair it), but
we can clearly see... it ain't gonna happen, and as
Jesus said... these things 'will' come to pass!
The only thing now is to accept God's Grace... or not!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#92148 Dec 2, 2012
april wrote:
<quoted text>there shouldnt be but one religion teached that being the religion of jesus christ theres but one only. thats what wrong now to many people living in a diverse society,wake up before its too late.
April...
It was too late when Adam, and Eve ate of the fruit!
These thing must come to pass!
The Parable of the sower tells you...
At Harvest, the Tares (Evil) will be burnt, and the Wheat (Good)
will be gathered into the barns...
The Good news is... A Tare can repent, and become Wheat!
Amen!
Of course, there is a LOT of Tares that refuse the Gift of
Salvation!
Sad!
God Bless you, and yours :-)

Location hidden

#92149 Dec 2, 2012
Jesus is a friend who knows all your faults and still loves you anyway.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#92150 Dec 2, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think all people should only be Amish right?
Hahaha
When the power goes out...
We'll be the ones freaking!
Not me persay, as I will get by!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#92151 Dec 2, 2012
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Jesus is a friend who knows all your faults and still loves you anyway.
Yes and Amen!
God bless!
and Good night!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#92152 Dec 2, 2012
Leaving the Light On wrote:
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was YOU.
Amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Explosion in Flatlick? 27 min Vladimir 11
dell desktop win 8 50 min DONNA 5
Tommy Mills 2 hr rusty 3
Keith Ledford and Kayla grubb 4 hr lucky 2
Tim Corey 6 hr man 6
lets go to florida 6 hr Hatti_Hollerand 91
1998 jeep grand cherokee laredo need help 9 hr Good Luck too 6
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE