Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156489 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#92156 Dec 3, 2012
Study the bible; learn something.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#92157 Dec 3, 2012
*yawn*

Maybe I should recite a continuous description of other great works to refute whats being stated here. Obviously, if scripture is all that can be used for a retort..then words is all this debate will ever see. Since physical, logical and materialistic proof is 'asinine' when it comes to metaphysical discrepancies, then we might as well end the discussion of whats 'right and wrong'.

This will never end as long as these humans use their imaginations to fulfill the blank-spots and emptiness they fill within! Only time will eradicate the absurd assumptions instilled deeply within the confines of these people's minds.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92158 Dec 3, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Study the bible; learn something.
I did, tax exemption of religion is fostering and enabling more false and pagans religions to flourish and grow in America. In effect you are supporting christian religions that you would consider to have false teachings and Islam. Why do christians do this? They have no faith in what their own bible teaches or just really don't read the bible and take it literally.

Read your bible,try and understand why religion should not have tax exemptions.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92159 Dec 3, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
It was a simple answer...
God hardened Pharaoh's heart so He could show him, and Israel His power!
Did it work? Yes, for about <---> that long, as the Bible teaches!
Secondary... was to payback egypt for killing the Hebrew baby boys!
You could have saved a lot of typing by just giving the answer :-)
Correct, you graduate.

The best path is not always the easy one.

Puff, puff, pass.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#92160 Dec 3, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, you graduate.
The best path is not always the easy one.
Puff, puff, pass.
Here you are again Humpaburn, wasting time drunk and high. You are shirking your duties of giving your morning report. The wife is not going to be pleased with you. Roach Clip my old boney hind end, you better secure the bunny trail this morning, Humpaburn. Dangerous animals are on the prowl and here you are wasting time when lives are at stake on the bunny trail. Hippty Humpety Humpaburns on his way.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92161 Dec 3, 2012
While we're on the topic of the fiscal cliff

(that's what everyone's talking about, isn't it?)

let's not forget that there's one hefty sum Congress and the president could raise without too much trouble.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/nov/30/b...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#92162 Dec 3, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you are again Humpaburn, wasting time drunk and high. You are shirking your duties of giving your morning report. The wife is not going to be pleased with you. Roach Clip my old boney hind end, you better secure the bunny trail this morning, Humpaburn. Dangerous animals are on the prowl and here you are wasting time when lives are at stake on the bunny trail. Hippty Humpety Humpaburns on his way.
Was this supposed to make sense?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#92163 Dec 3, 2012
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Jesus is a friend who knows all your faults and still loves you anyway.
Since jesus is imaginary the conversations are really with yourself. So your statement has some truth, you know everything about yourself and still love yourself.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#92164 Dec 3, 2012
When members of the christian cult do read the bible, they only read the parts they like

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92165 Dec 3, 2012
They(christians) do not read the bible, they follow the church leaders just like sheep, if they did read the bible their faith would flee. Some christians probably got their belief from charlton heston, drug induced delusions, fear of being a sex toy in prison, the need to molest young boys, family belief, etc. I would guess a very small amount(0) of christians got their belief from "reading" the bible.

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92166 Dec 3, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
While we're on the topic of the fiscal cliff
(that's what everyone's talking about, isn't it?)
let's not forget that there's one hefty sum Congress and the president could raise without too much trouble.
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/nov/30/b...
Hiya SS, good link, 71 billion, amazing.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92167 Dec 3, 2012
"When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not care to support it, so that its professors are obliged to call for the help of the civil power,'tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one." ~ Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac, 1754

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92168 Dec 3, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya SS, good link, 71 billion, amazing.
Hi LOL, yes, thought it was worth $$$ posting.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92169 Dec 3, 2012
Are you a religious nut with out a religion? Stop being alone, find a group of nuts that think just like you...

http://selectsmart.com/RELIGION/
BOOM

Athens, OH

#92170 Dec 3, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Since jesus is imaginary the conversations are really with yourself. So your statement has some truth, you know everything about yourself and still love yourself.
No, Jesus is not imaginary, historical documents show that He and most all people from the Bible were real.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92171 Dec 3, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Are you a religious nut with out a religion? Stop being alone, find a group of nuts that think just like you...
http://selectsmart.com/RELIGION/
Good link. The test is interesting in its results.
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92172 Dec 3, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Are you a religious nut with out a religion? Stop being alone, find a group of nuts that think just like you...
http://selectsmart.com/RELIGION/
I wonder is Christian Mingle using this test on their dating site.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#92173 Dec 3, 2012
BOOM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus is not imaginary, historical documents show that He and most all people from the Bible were real.
Please provide me with One Historic Document from the time of Jesus that mentions him... A document written 50 years after he was said to have lived is not a historic document that verifies he did... What I can say is that on walls I can show you graffiti on where to find a brothel, writing telling us what grains were harvested, who was in power, what sports guys were hits with the crowds.... These right in the very towns Jesus was said to hang out... But with a guy turning wine into water, walking on water, healing the blind and all the other things we are told he did and No One wrote "Jesus was here" on a wall, no one fired a clay pot with his deeds on it... During his Life Time No one made a mention of him or his deeds... It's only in writings dating years after his death we find any writing that even mention him... Now if you have a link to a Document written about his that can be verified to date to his lifetime I would love to see it... And so would every religious scholar on earth...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92175 Dec 3, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide me with One Historic Document from the time of Jesus that mentions him... A document written 50 years after he was said to have lived is not a historic document that verifies he did... What I can say is that on walls I can show you graffiti on where to find a brothel, writing telling us what grains were harvested, who was in power, what sports guys were hits with the crowds.... These right in the very towns Jesus was said to hang out... But with a guy turning wine into water, walking on water, healing the blind and all the other things we are told he did and No One wrote "Jesus was here" on a wall, no one fired a clay pot with his deeds on it... During his Life Time No one made a mention of him or his deeds... It's only in writings dating years after his death we find any writing that even mention him... Now if you have a link to a Document written about his that can be verified to date to his lifetime I would love to see it... And so would every religious scholar on earth...
Equally odd, not one word of description is in the bible of how jesus looked. Was he tall, short and fat with a premature balding monkey butt on the back of his head, did he have a wine gut, perhaps t-rex armed with big nose, maybe very athletic or body builder type with great strength, maybe tall and skinny with feminine features,,, Man or messiah, he was an influential and charimatic speaker yet the people of his time spoke not a word on how he appeared. I find that profoundly interesting.

Puff, puff, pass.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92176 Dec 3, 2012
The beatles were a pretty good band. John Lennon once said they had become bigger than jesus. Lennon was an atheist, he believed in love and peace and niceness between mankind. The Catholic churched turned on Lennon and the beatles..... Eight years after his death the Vatican, "forgave" John Lennon. This was not a christian act, it was done as an insult to further push jesus as the loving forgiving salvation of mankind,, not peace and love. I don't think John asked for their forgiveness.

Puff, puff, pass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 20 min just facts 161
Tc a daddy again 24 min well 5
Amy Mills 42 min Friend 3
Poll Who is the Best Looking Brother? (Sep '08) 2 hr hot chic 14
kclp 4 hr Never changes 4
Recounts what happens next a civil upheaval? 6 hr Wow 18
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 8 hr Harry 753

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages