Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,406)

Showing posts 88,101 - 88,120 of128,518
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ouroboros

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

RoachClip wrote:
Jacob wrestled and defeated god. Ok, some will say it was god's representative, an angel. Either way for what ever reason the two decided to roll around on this hillside Jacob would come to name Peniel, until Jacob put a can of whoopass on him and is blessed and given a new name by the defeated heavenly resident. Man 1, heaven 0 for wrestling., I want a rematch.
Puff, puff, pass.
more images

http://historical.benabraham.com/html/pine_co...

http://activistawake.com/2012/06/22/occult-se...
Looking for hope

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

saraph wrote:
<quoted text>how is that possible and why is it even necessary?
<quoted text>this is a basic hypocrisy. one can be subject to one's indiscretions but not capable of attaining one's own salvation through positive works, or absolution only comes through another.
<quoted text>so the one's who wrote the bible and compiled the bible, those are not there words?
<quoted text>the kingdom of heaven is at hand; if you can grasp it?
Matthew 11:12
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
<quoted text>there was nothing made that wasn't made of it; so the Spirit created heaven and earth and all things are intrinsic of it. you view this force as existing outside of self; jesus taught the kingdom comes solely from within.
if you worship the man jesus as the ABSOLUTE; then you practice idolatry.
2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
<quoted text>nothing is 100% discernable/knowable outside, or without, SELF.
What i have said to Spaceship earth is true . It doesn't matter what you think about it or even if he believes it or not . It will still be the truth .

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

If you want wisdom, study the bible.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
If you want wisdom, study the bible.
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q
dragua

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
What i have said to Spaceship earth is true .[/QU It doesn't matter what you think about it or even if he believes it or not . It will still be the truth .
holding on to something in fear doesn't free anyone to truth. you are bound in idolatry to the image of the beast.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

If a man approaches you and says he knows the "truth", listen but be cautious.

If a man approaches you and says he knows the "truth" and outlines rewards for believing and a punishment for not believing, be extremely cautious.
Looking for hope

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

dragua wrote:
<quoted text> holding on to something in fear doesn't free anyone to truth. you are bound in idolatry to the image of the beast.
There's no fear in holding on to Jesus Christ becasue he is the truth and he is who sets you free . It takes an evil mind to say that's idolatry .

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not SpaceShip earth I know Jesus Christ . I have been washed in his blood and i am going to live forever . I do fellow Gods word and do apply it to my life . He said to go out and tell the good news and i do . You make the mistake of thinking because you've read it and can quote from it you can now use it and that will carry weight as you call it with anyone . You say you are testing like Jesus said to do .
In order for you to be capable of doing that you would need to recieve the Holy Spirit because that is where the ability to discern who are the hogs , swines and posseser of evil spirits are .Without it you are as blind to the truth as they are .
I've dimissed no questions about my faith or Scriptures . It's you who dismisses the answers that you are given and that is fine because those are my answers but it's no excuse for you to just throw what you know is true away and not even try to gain understanding of it for yourself simply because you don't agree with someone elses interpretion it. How can you agree or disagree when you have no idea yourself of what it really says . Go to the source and ask him then maybe you can stop wiening about other people not giving you the answers you need hear .
I do have the Holy Spirit a live in me and therefore i do have discernment if you notice i converse very little on here with anyone other then you . I do not give what is HOLY to a dog or cast my pearls to a swine .
I don't agree or disagree just compare the evidence against what you christians recommended to us atheist/agnostics. Nothing ruins a good story like the other side.

You say you have the Holy Spirit therefore you express your interpetation of the bible. Yet refuse to acknowedge that your own bible bears witness against you when you're shown in conflict with scriptures.

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

You and others agree the bible is literal word of God and yet your interpatations of it differ from one another which call in to account the rule of the false prophet.

Deut 18:22
If the prophet speaks in the LORD's name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the LORD did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared.

Also calls into the account that one must test the word of those who preach the word to see if it's actually from the bible or just ones own private interpetation,visions or indoctrination from others.

2 peter 1:20
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation

So... you see the bible says Jesus did not come to bring peace on the earth but a sword. The sword being your bible that I and others use as a instruction manual to test your interpetation of what is said.
Looking for hope

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree or disagree just compare the evidence against what you christians recommended to us atheist/agnostics. Nothing ruins a good story like the other side.
You say you have the Holy Spirit therefore you express your interpetation of the bible. Yet refuse to acknowedge that your own bible bears witness against you when you're shown in conflict with scriptures.
1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.
You and others agree the bible is literal word of God and yet your interpatations of it differ from one another which call in to account the rule of the false prophet.
Deut 18:22
If the prophet speaks in the LORD's name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the LORD did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared.
Also calls into the account that one must test the word of those who preach the word to see if it's actually from the bible or just ones own private interpetation,visions or indoctrination from others.
2 peter 1:20
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation
So... you see the bible says Jesus did not come to bring peace on the earth but a sword. The sword being your bible that I and others use as a instruction manual to test your interpetation of what is said.
Ok Spaceship you can come on here talk about Jesus and quote from Gods word all you want but if you don't know him then you really know nothing about either .
No Jesus did not come to bring peace on earth ,He came to bring Peace between us and God and the truth about that is the real sword and it is found in his word . You and the others who use Gods word as a instruction manual should first get equipped to understand it before you start testing others by it ,until then you are only playing a silly game and using Gods word to do it .
So what if no Christian ever passes your testing as you call it to your satisfaction ? Do you think that's somehow going to cause your name to appear in the book of life on Judgement day ?
amaru

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Spaceship you can come on here talk about Jesus and quote from Gods word all you want but if you don't know him then you really know nothing about either .
No Jesus did not come to bring peace on earth ,He came to bring Peace between us and God and the truth about that is the real sword and it is found in his word . You and the others who use Gods word as a instruction manual should first get equipped to understand it before you start testing others by it ,until then you are only playing a silly game and using Gods word to do it .
So what if no Christian ever passes your testing as you call it to your satisfaction ? Do you think that's somehow going to cause your name to appear in the book of life on Judgement day ?
the bible requires you to give a reason for your hope, it doesn't require you to worship jesus, or to prostitute yourself to idols.

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
So list the name of the christian groups that do not preach the truth, if you can. Let's have a list of those that are not equipped to understand the bible as you say.

Time is short so I have to make the best of it as you say.

Waiting..........
Looking for hope

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

amaru wrote:
<quoted text>the bible requires you to give a reason for your hope, it doesn't require you to worship jesus, or to prostitute yourself to idols.
Jesus Christ is my hope why would i not worship him ?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
So list the name of the christian groups that do not preach the truth, if you can. Let's have a list of those that are not equipped to understand the bible as you say.
Waiting..........
As I have said before... All that is is human ego run amuck... He has the ego based mindset so many do...

I Know God, I understand Gods Words... Others that disagree with me are just not as great as I am because I have the inside track on what all those words Mean.. All the Other people that disagree with my exact view read the same words but I actually understand them, They are not as good as I am at getting to know God...

Human Ego Run Amuck, Amuck, Amuck...
Looking for hope

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting..........
It has nothing to do with Christian groups or Christians period . It's those who have not excepted Jesus Christ as their savior and recieved the Holy Spirit who are not equipped to understand God's word .
kamaru

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is my hope why would i not worship him ?
because the bible tells you idolatry is forbidden through out the ot and nt.

jesus even tells you the flesh counts for nothing, yet you worship the flesh.

jesus is no omnipresent.
jesus is not omniscient.

jesus is not the ABSOLUTE
jesus is not the ALMIGHTY

jesus refers to himself as a prophet. he never claims to be the ABSOLUTE
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds as if 'spaceship' knows God a little better. I don't sense frustration within his retorts over 'knowing' God like you... How are you so sure you haven't been fooled? What if spaceship speaks the whole-hearted truth, and you are just entirely too indoctrinated with the wrong interpretations?? Then it would be YOU thats the false prophet or the teachings you express are wrong! Same shit, different day... and another hypocrite. Don't act all high and mighty because you attend church... lol. Like.. how DARE you pretend your relationship with this.. God is better than spaceships. Your test is flawed and so is gods, get over it or get with it.

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have said before... All that is is human ego run amuck... He has the ego based mindset so many do...
I Know God, I understand Gods Words... Others that disagree with me are just not as great as I am because I have the inside track on what all those words Mean.. All the Other people that disagree with my exact view read the same words but I actually understand them, They are not as good as I am at getting to know God...
Human Ego Run Amuck, Amuck, Amuck...
touché Q.
Looking for hope

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

kamaru wrote:
<quoted text>because the bible tells you idolatry is forbidden through out the ot and nt.
jesus even tells you the flesh counts for nothing, yet you worship the flesh.
jesus is no omnipresent.
jesus is not omniscient.
jesus is not the ABSOLUTE
jesus is not the ALMIGHTY
jesus refers to himself as a prophet. he never claims to be the ABSOLUTE
I believe in the Father,Son and Holy Spirit . You can say what ever you want about that call me anything you wish bacause of it but i'll still go on believing just the same .

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with Christian groups or Christians period . It's those who have not excepted Jesus Christ as their savior and recieved the Holy Spirit who are not equipped to understand God's word .
So then you agree that "Known Fact" commentor here on topix who belongs to the group called Jehovah Witnesses has recieved the holy spirit and preaching the truth also?
nahbkoon

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in the Father,Son and Holy Spirit . You can say what ever you want about that call me anything you wish bacause of it but i'll still go on believing just the same .
thats true, you have free will to believe anything you want; whether a truth or a lie but you can't expect the rest of the world to revel in your dualistic mindset.

but the Son is not part of creation but all of it. God so loved the world not some parts of it.

a prophet has no honor in his own country; said jesus..

jesus said that he who wishes to be greatest must be servant to all.

the book of revelation tells you at the end that jesus' testimony is the Spirit of prophecy and to worship God, it doesn't say worship jesus.

again

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

jesus is your idol

and this is the testament against you and those who practice such

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the ""uncorruptible God"" into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served ""the creature"" more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 88,101 - 88,120 of128,518
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
my message to Amy Mills (black) 1 hr eww 2
Greg Simpson and Betsy Cecil stealing 1 hr SOUNDS LIKE 13
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr tree 146,065
Orange water 4 hr particals 2
Billy Lake (Sep '11) 4 hr ash 31
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 4 hr jacqueline buskey 39
ashley lake (Apr '12) 4 hr justsaying 20
•••
•••