Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
88,081 - 88,100 of 130,550 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91908 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe there is anything to God or his word then that's fine , But don't you think you look a bit foolish always on here quoting him and then begging others to prove to you that he's real. You say others talking about their faith carries no weight ,carries no weight with who ? Someone who want use the good sense God gave them to see the truth . BIG supprise there !!! You know you can get though your whole life if you like with out knowing for sure there is a God,Heaven or hell but you want get through death with out knowing it, So if want to just wait till then to be sure go a head .
Dont you look foolish when some one post a bible verse where your god wants you to sacrifice animals or kill babies?

Location hidden

#91909 Nov 27, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I am that I am is not a name but describes the creator and means he becomes whatever is needed to become to accomplish his purpose. YHWH is God's name in Hebrew is translated JEHOVAH in English. The true God does not have as you say thousands of names; no he only has one name clear cut. See Psalm 83:18 in the King James Version.
I have to respectully disagree with you. To you, god has one name,, but to the many I spoke of, there are many names used for god,,(((I did not say they were correct or accurate))), just that the biblical god has been called many things,, and this is largly do to "god" calling himself by title as well as name. A quick searh using "list of god's names" will result in thousands of names,, so sorry, he is known by to others by many names.
wadjet

Williamsburg, KY

#91910 Nov 27, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I am that I am is not a name but describes the creator and means he becomes whatever is needed to become to accomplish his purpose. YHWH is God's name in Hebrew is translated JEHOVAH in English. The true God does not have as you say thousands of names; no he only has one name clear cut. See Psalm 83:18 in the King James Version.
the name of names by the israelits was never spoken because it was considered to holy to be uttered. anyone, who spoke another language, would not have used the term

jehovah is satan. satan is saturn. saturn is sabaoth. sabaoth is sabbath. saturn an sabbath is saturday.

the ABSOLUTE has many names, daniel referred to IT as the Ancient of Days; which you notice is capitalized in this transliteration: dan 7:9 & 7:13 & 7:22.

http://www.wisdomworld.org/additional/christi...
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#91911 Nov 27, 2012
There many be many God's I dont know for sure , and I dont want to question that eaither. I just know that I pray only to the one , and it seems like I have done alot of that lately... Here's a daily one....

Once upon a time, when God had finished making the world, he wanted to leave behind a piece of His own divinity, a spark of His essence, a promise to man of what he could become, with effort. He looked for a place to hide this precious gift because, He explained, what man could find too easily would never be valued by him.

"Then you must hide this gift on the highest mountain peak on earth," said one of his counselors.

God shook His head, "No, for man is an adventuresome creature and he will soon enough learn to climb the highest mountain peaks."

"Hide it then, O Great One, in the depths of the earth."

"I think not," said God. "for man will one day discover that he can dig into the deepest parts of the earth."

"In the middle of the ocean then, Master?"

God shook His head. "I've given man a brain, you see, and one day he'll learn to build ships and cross the mightiest oceans."

"Where then, Master?" cried His counselors.

God smiled, "I'll hide it where every man and woman will be able to find it if they look sincerely and deeply enough. I'll hide it in their heart."
wirnpa

Williamsburg, KY

#91912 Nov 27, 2012
case in point of the following text

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

why would the angels of heaven rejoice; if the devil is on earth? or how can earth be separate from heaven; when earth resides within the confines of INFINITE space/time?

we evolve consciously through adversity(devil/adversary).
wagyl

Williamsburg, KY

#91913 Nov 27, 2012
another scenario

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

John 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

looks like heaven might be hell at times

1 Kings 22:22
And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

1 Kings 22:23
Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets,

2 Chronicles 18:21
And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the Lord said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so.

2 Chronicles 18:22
Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil against thee.

nagaraja

Williamsburg, KY

#91914 Nov 27, 2012
the mystery? or secret teachings?

Mark 4:11
And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves.

coo. coo. coo.

birds of a feather tend to flock together

Revelation 19:17
And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

satan is always associated with hell fire but why is our god a consuming fire?

Hebrews 12:29
For our God is a consuming fire.

jesus is your savior but the devil carries a pitchfork in which he casts those unworthing into the flames; so what is jesus doing with that winnowing fork?

Matthew 3:12
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Luke 3:17
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

the jig is up and the lord of the dance is getting jiggy wit it

you should be dancing

pinhead
dare

Morgantown, KY

#91915 Nov 27, 2012
Today is give back Tuesday ..Could we all give one thing today? Lend a helping hand, give away some things we no longer need.. Feed someone who might need it or open the door for a stranger? We do not have to be rich to do something for someone . We can each turn things around, if only for today.

A long time ago in a far off world,
Where clouds of a different color swirled,
Lived the Bagfill Folk whose name it derives
From the way they tended to live their lives.

Each child when they became of age
Was taken aside by a self-styled sage
And given a bag made of magic and silk.
You never have seen a bag of this ilk.

'Take this bag,' the sage would say.
'You must take it everywhere, every day
'And collect pretty things and put them therein.
'To abstain from this task is a mortal sin.'

'And one day, I cannot tell you the date
'It might be soon or it might be late
'The bag will be full and on that day
'Your happiness ever more will stay.'

So out they would set, with their bags in hand,
Making their way through this far off land,
Doing their best to fill up their sacks
With treasures and trinkets and other nik naks.

But no matter how many prizes they got,
(Some got a few and some got a lot),
The bags never seemed to get any fuller
And the searching began to get duller and duller.

'What is the point?' they began to ask.
'Why are we doing this thankless task?'
Then the sages would come and make them feel small
For daring to question the point of it all.

One day there appeared (were not sure from where)
A man who the fear merchants just could not scare
He strode through the land with his head held high,
Giving and helping without asking why.

The sages tried every trick in the book
To make others think that this man was a crook,
But to those who had met him, it soon became clear
That his motives were pure and his actions sincere.

They followed and asked him why he was not scared
And from where he was getting the things that he shared
'Its simple,' he said,'needs no thinking about,
'I just took my bag and turned it inside out.'
nataraja

Williamsburg, KY

#91916 Nov 27, 2012
the white horse

kalki
http://www.volker-doormann.org/fly_horse.htm

Revelation 6:2
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

conference of the birds
Come you lost Atoms to your Centre draw, And be the Eternal Mirror that you saw: Rays that have wander'd into Darkness wide Return and back into your Sun subside

cernnunnos dancing

round and round we go sufi where we stop nobody knows

the foxes have dens
the birds have nests
but the son of man
has no where to lay his head.

ride on time
black box
cernunnos

Williamsburg, KY

#91917 Nov 27, 2012
gut brain are you intuit?

http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/the-...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm...

your guess is as good mine

Genesis 3:14
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

http://www.ted.com/talks/heribert_watzke_the_...

quetzalcoatl dancing
domba dancing
cernunnos dancing
Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91918 Nov 27, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Dont you look foolish when some one post a bible verse where your god wants you to sacrifice animals or kill babies?
If that ever happens then the one posting it will look foolish because it will not be true .

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91919 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe there is anything to God or his word then that's fine , But don't you think you look a bit foolish always on here quoting him and then begging others to prove to you that he's real. You say others talking about their faith carries no weight ,carries no weight with who ? Someone who want use the good sense God gave them to see the truth . BIG supprise there !!! You know you can get though your whole life if you like with out knowing for sure there is a God,Heaven or hell but you want get through death with out knowing it, So if want to just wait till then to be sure go a head .
If you feel that way, why do you disobey Jesus admonishment?

Matt 7:6
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

On the other hand I'm testing just like the bible says you should do, obeying what Jesus said.

1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I have not discuss hardly any doctrinal issues with you. I just followed what the bible says about faith. Christians who debate on hear puzzle me at times when tested about their faith and conviently dismiss scriptures in their own bible when questioned.
Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91922 Nov 27, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you feel that way, why do you disobey Jesus admonishment?
Matt 7:6
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
On the other hand I'm testing just like the bible says you should do, obeying what Jesus said.
1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
I have not discuss hardly any doctrinal issues with you. I just followed what the bible says about faith. Christians who debate on hear puzzle me at times when tested about their faith and conviently dismiss scriptures in their own bible when questioned.
Like it or not SpaceShip earth I know Jesus Christ . I have been washed in his blood and i am going to live forever . I do fellow Gods word and do apply it to my life . He said to go out and tell the good news and i do . You make the mistake of thinking because you've read it and can quote from it you can now use it and that will carry weight as you call it with anyone . You say you are testing like Jesus said to do .
In order for you to be capable of doing that you would need to recieve the Holy Spirit because that is where the ability to discern who are the hogs , swines and posseser of evil spirits are .Without it you are as blind to the truth as they are .
I've dimissed no questions about my faith or Scriptures . It's you who dismisses the answers that you are given and that is fine because those are my answers but it's no excuse for you to just throw what you know is true away and not even try to gain understanding of it for yourself simply because you don't agree with someone elses interpretion it. How can you agree or disagree when you have no idea yourself of what it really says . Go to the source and ask him then maybe you can stop wiening about other people not giving you the answers you need hear .
I do have the Holy Spirit a live in me and therefore i do have discernment if you notice i converse very little on here with anyone other then you . I do not give what is HOLY to a dog or cast my pearls to a swine .

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#91923 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not SpaceShip earth I know Jesus Christ . I have been washed in his blood and i am going to live forever . I do fellow Gods word and do apply it to my life . He said to go out and tell the good news and i do . You make the mistake of thinking because you've read it and can quote from it you can now use it and that will carry weight as you call it with anyone . You say you are testing like Jesus said to do .
In order for you to be capable of doing that you would need to recieve the Holy Spirit because that is where the ability to discern who are the hogs , swines and posseser of evil spirits are .Without it you are as blind to the truth as they are .
I've dimissed no questions about my faith or Scriptures . It's you who dismisses the answers that you are given and that is fine because those are my answers but it's no excuse for you to just throw what you know is true away and not even try to gain understanding of it for yourself simply because you don't agree with someone elses interpretion it. How can you agree or disagree when you have no idea yourself of what it really says . Go to the source and ask him then maybe you can stop wiening about other people not giving you the answers you need hear .
I do have the Holy Spirit a live in me and therefore i do have discernment if you notice i converse very little on here with anyone other then you . I do not give what is HOLY to a dog or cast my pearls to a swine .
Washed in Blood.... Eweeeeee.... nasty....
Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91924 Nov 27, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Washed in Blood.... Eweeeeee.... nasty....
Made me white as snow .

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#91925 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text> Made me white as snow .
Racist!
saraph

Williamsburg, KY

#91926 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not SpaceShip earth I know Jesus Christ .
how is that possible and why is it even necessary?
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>you're suggesting you were I have been washed in his blood and i am going to live forever .
this is a basic hypocrisy. one can be subject to one's indiscretions but not capable of attaining one's own salvation through positive works, or absolution only comes through another.
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>I do fellow Gods word and do apply it to my life .
so the one's who wrote the bible and compiled the bible, those are not there words?
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text> He said to go out and tell the good news and i do .
the kingdom of heaven is at hand; if you can grasp it?
Matthew 11:12
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>You make the mistake of thinking because you've read it and can quote from it you can now use it and that will carry weight as you call it with anyone . You say you are testing like Jesus said to do .
In order for you to be capable of doing that you would need to recieve the Holy Spirit because that is where the ability to discern who are the hogs , swines and posseser of evil spirits are .
there was nothing made that wasn't made of it; so the Spirit created heaven and earth and all things are intrinsic of it. you view this force as existing outside of self; jesus taught the kingdom comes solely from within.
if you worship the man jesus as the ABSOLUTE; then you practice idolatry.
2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>Without it you are as blind to the truth as they are .
nothing is 100% discernable/knowable outside, or without, SELF.
uktena

Williamsburg, KY

#91927 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text> Made me white as snow .
that isn't a biblical teaching. it's man made.

Location hidden

#91928 Nov 27, 2012
Jacob wrestled and defeated god. Ok, some will say it was god's representative, an angel. Either way for what ever reason the two decided to roll around on this hillside Jacob would come to name Peniel, until Jacob put a can of whoopass on him and is blessed and given a new name by the defeated heavenly resident. Man 1, heaven 0 for wrestling., I want a rematch.

Puff, puff, pass.
kundalini

Williamsburg, KY

#91929 Nov 27, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Jacob wrestled and defeated god. Ok, some will say it was god's representative, an angel. Either way for what ever reason the two decided to roll around on this hillside Jacob would come to name Peniel, until Jacob put a can of whoopass on him and is blessed and given a new name by the defeated heavenly resident. Man 1, heaven 0 for wrestling., I want a rematch.
Puff, puff, pass.
peniel = pineal face to face

http://touritaly.org/tours/vaticanmuseum/Vati...

Genesis 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

Exodus 33:11
And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min that guy 1,565
union college 9 min corbin ky 3
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 30 min Reality 151,288
does anyone know al barrett (Nov '08) 1 hr Curious 2
Electric out? 1 hr Rite 1
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 1 hr SMH 5
I am Wiki Hillbilly ask me a question 2 hr gator 2
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 13 hr RobertB 120
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Knox County was issued at August 30 at 8:24PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••