Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,024

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#91888 Nov 26, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
At the completion of Solomon's Temple the name of God was made unlawful; its public use was punishable by death by the Jews living at the time. That's harsh man. The biblical "god" has thousands of names. I'd think the one true creator of all would have one name, clear cut, precise. "I am Geroge, George of the Jungle", simple as that. But no, we have "I am that I am, YHWH, Jehovah and lots more.
Now, Moses was a hairlip, he was unable to pronounce god's name accurately and slurred out "Allah",, bless his heart, to the Pharaoh as god's name. Of course the christains always play off Moses as articulate, but sadly was not.
Would a rose by any other name, not still smell and stick you with thornes. Sure it would, plus they are good source of vitamin C.
Puff, puff, pass.
Oh Humpaburn it looks as if you would stick to one name also. Roach Clip indeed. The fact is, God gave Moses, Aaron to be his spokesman, because he was not eloquent at speech. God's various names were according to his countless atributes. In no way did he slur out the name Allah. You are high and drunk again. I think you are George of the Humping Trail. If you buy that friggin' log splitter you will hair lip Mr. Codsey with that thing.
monai

Williamsburg, KY

#91889 Nov 26, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Humpaburn it looks as if you would stick to one name also. Roach Clip indeed. The fact is, God gave Moses, Aaron to be his spokesman, because he was not eloquent at speech. God's various names were according to his countless atributes. In no way did he slur out the name Allah. You are high and drunk again. I think you are George of the Humping Trail. If you buy that friggin' log splitter you will hair lip Mr. Codsey with that thing.
do you worship the beast who once was?? now is not?? yet was foretold to return??

are you an idolator?

Daniel 7:11
“I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame.

Matthew 24:15
[ The Great Tribulation ]“Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place”(whoever reads, let him understand),

Mark 13:14
[ The Great Tribulation ]“So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not”(let the reader understand),“then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Leviticus 19:29
‘Do not pr0stitute your daughter, to cause her to be a harl0t, lest the land fall into h@rlotry, and the land become full of wickedness.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91890 Nov 26, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
"I AM" is not a divine name as most would agree. Yahweh is the divine name or as close in english as we can get. Alpha and Omega is not a divine name. You're right it is more of an adjective describing the nature of the person rather than who or what the person is. That is why about 70 other translations of the bible render John 1:1 differently (including the JW bible) rather than trinitarian bibles produced today. Point is that arians have the better of the argument than the trinitarians is clear.
vasuki

Williamsburg, KY

#91891 Nov 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
"I AM" is not a divine name as most would agree. Yahweh is the divine name or as close in english as we can get. Alpha and Omega is not a divine name. You're right it is more of an adjective describing the nature of the person rather than who or what the person is. That is why about 70 other translations of the bible render John 1:1 differently (including the JW bible) rather than trinitarian bibles produced today. Point is that arians have the better of the argument than the trinitarians is clear.
actually the bible teaches ehyeh asher ehyeh is the named to be used.....and which the jewish priest would not utter because it was considered the holy of holies.

this is why jesus was stoned, literally.

it is explained in exodus 3:15.

also the word lord is similarly sounding

d.Exodus 3:15 The Hebrew for Lord sounds like and may be related to the Hebrew for I am in verse 14.

furthermore the opening of the gospel of john is directly derived from the hindu vedas

There is a verse in the Vedas: "Prajapati vai idam agre aseet" (In the beginning was Prajapati, the Brahman): "Tasya vag dvitiya aseet" (Withwhom was the Word): "Vag vai paramam Brahma" (And the Word was verily the Supreme Brahman). The idea belongs to Hinduism and in the fourth Gospel of the New Testament we read it repeated; "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.". This Sphota has its symbol in the word 'OM'. Thus, in the 'Maitrayana Upanashad' after it has been said that there is one Brahman without words, and a second, a Word-Brahman, we are told that the word is the syllable 'OM'. The sound of 'OM' is also called 'Pranava', meaning that it is something that pervades life, or runs through prana or breath.

http://www.hellosiam.com/html/om.htm

you can find many other sites that will comfirm this
yam nahar

Williamsburg, KY

#91892 Nov 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
some scholars believe yehovah is derived from two words yam; which like ea, was a god of waters; which is similar to the idea given in genesis 1:2 and heva; which is similar to the eve. eve = chavvah and is derived from chavah to breath

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/yam... (god)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AncientBibleHis...

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/y/yahweh.htm...

this combination would make the name abiguous in relation to gender, or make it both male/female
seraph

Williamsburg, KY

#91893 Nov 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
another explanation of jehovah being androgynous

http://books.google.com/books...

this same idea can be seen in genesis 1:2 with the Spirit and the waters.

the water is impregnated and so comes forth light/life from undifferentiated matter(mater=mother)

this same idea can be seen in the orphic egg of greek mythos and phanes

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91894 Nov 26, 2012
seraph wrote:
<quoted text>another explanation of jehovah being androgynous
the water is impregnated and so comes forth light/life from undifferentiated matter(mater=mother)
Christian?
ophan

Williamsburg, KY

#91895 Nov 26, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
you reap just what you sow. you're gonna wish you had never met me. rolling in the deep.

http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app19.html

Revelation 1:15
And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Revelation 2:18
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Daniel 12:3
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
gnadir

Williamsburg, KY

#91896 Nov 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian?
panpsychism, hylozoism, panentheism, spinozism

"I AM a druid,
I AM an architect,
I AM a prophet,
I AM an adder."

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91897 Nov 26, 2012
seraph wrote:
<quoted text>another explanation of jehovah being androgynous
Thanks for you comments. You have added another deminsion to the debate.

Tell me then is Jesus the almighty God "asher ehyeh" or rather a prophet or son of God? Do you believe in a fiery hell for unbeleivers?

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91898 Nov 26, 2012
spell check "dimension"
epheh

Williamsburg, KY

#91899 Nov 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for you comments. You have added another deminsion to the debate.
Tell me then is Jesus the almighty God "asher ehyeh" or rather a prophet or son of God?
son of god = yes, prophet = yes, the ABSOLUTE = no.

anything created/begotten can be uncreated/destroyed the vehicle returns to it's undifferentiated matter in course of infinity.

idolatry is expressly forbidden regarding forms, created things, in both the ot and nt of the latin rites bible. romans ch 1 is a direct discourse on this regarding the temple prostitutes and has no direct implications on homosexuality as some would lead others to believe.
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe in a fiery hell for unbeleivers?
the unbelief is more so due in part to culture and linguistic understanding related to the subconscious idea of the tower of babel and false "exoteric" religions. the true idea is intrinsic. if the INFINITE INTELLIGENCE exists then IT transcends all space/time, NOW. that would include you.

some refer to it as the Law of ONE. e=mc2, this is two parts of the triparte. energy, or spirit, cannot be destroyed. IT simply changes form. change is constant. it is a paradox as you see.
Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91901 Nov 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, now you don't believe in miracles or just lack faith? You have just inserted your own statements as to what is said in the bible. Can you now see why some do not believe in a God. Man interpets the bible to fit his religious view of God, that's why we have so many bible version and different religious beliefs.
God said you could do it and you just lack the faith.
John 14:21
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Sorry, you just don't have faith in what Jesus said or you could do it.
Please do not twist my words . I do absolutly believe in miracles and i am certainly not lacking in faith .
I do believe with faith in God a mountain of any kind can be moved . Yes Jesus did say that i could and i have done these greater works by faith in him many times in my life . Why do you question my faith when it is you who is lacking in it .
I did not make any statement of what is said in the Bible . I did however give an interpretion of how what is said can be applied to any persons life . I tend to do that because i actually do apply it to mine . You are choosing to only read the words but not to understand them . I don't get that why you would let my interpretion of something or anyone elses confuse or effect you in anyway when you are free to pick up any version of the Bible you choose and use the common sense you have and the Understanding that God will give you if you ask to read it and know if it's the truth or not and find the meaning of the words for yourself . You can not blame any other person or religion for your lack of faith or understanding of God .

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91902 Nov 26, 2012
Obviously the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon. The Pope, is the Antichrist and in the last days, Sunday worship will be the mark of the beast. Well according to the SDA anyway. The Seventh Day Adventist see the CC as Babylon the Great, the Mother of Prostitutes and Abominations of the Earth. I'm not all pro Catholic either, but like, chill dudes.

Puff, puff, pass.
tsepha

Winchester, KY

#91903 Nov 26, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Obviously the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon. The Pope, is the Antichrist and in the last days, Sunday worship will be the mark of the beast. Well according to the SDA anyway. The Seventh Day Adventist see the CC as Babylon the Great, the Mother of Prostitutes and Abominations of the Earth. I'm not all pro Catholic either, but like, chill dudes.
Puff, puff, pass.
babylon = babel; which is any and all exoteric religions that teach that the divine can only be realized without self.

that is not possible if I AM that I AM; which is intrinsic to all things in heaven and earth as ONE.

panpsychism

there was nothing made that wasn't made of IT.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91904 Nov 26, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not twist my words . I do absolutly believe in miracles and i am certainly not lacking in faith .
I do believe with faith in God a mountain of any kind can be moved . Yes Jesus did say that i could and i have done these greater works by faith in him many times in my life . Why do you question my faith when it is you who is lacking in it .
I did not make any statement of what is said in the Bible . I did however give an interpretion of how what is said can be applied to any persons life . I tend to do that because i actually do apply it to mine . You are choosing to only read the words but not to understand them . I don't get that why you would let my interpretion of something or anyone elses confuse or effect you in anyway when you are free to pick up any version of the Bible you choose and use the common sense you have and the Understanding that God will give you if you ask to read it and know if it's the truth or not and find the meaning of the words for yourself . You can not blame any other person or religion for your lack of faith or understanding of God .
Because your faith is not testable. Claims of faith having no evidence but only anecdotal information or wishful thinking carry no weight.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91905 Nov 26, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
At the completion of Solomon's Temple the name of God was made unlawful; its public use was punishable by death by the Jews living at the time. That's harsh man. The biblical "god" has thousands of names. I'd think the one true creator of all would have one name, clear cut, precise. "I am Geroge, George of the Jungle", simple as that. But no, we have "I am that I am, YHWH, Jehovah and lots more.
Now, Moses was a hairlip, he was unable to pronounce god's name accurately and slurred out "Allah",, bless his heart, to the Pharaoh as god's name. Of course the christains always play off Moses as articulate, but sadly was not.
Would a rose by any other name, not still smell and stick you with thornes. Sure it would, plus they are good source of vitamin C.
Puff, puff, pass.
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I am that I am is not a name but describes the creator and means he becomes whatever is needed to become to accomplish his purpose. YHWH is God's name in Hebrew is translated JEHOVAH in English. The true God does not have as you say thousands of names; no he only has one name clear cut. See Psalm 83:18 in the King James Version.
Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91906 Nov 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your faith is not testable. Claims of faith having no evidence but only anecdotal information or wishful thinking carry no weight.
If you don't believe there is anything to God or his word then that's fine , But don't you think you look a bit foolish always on here quoting him and then begging others to prove to you that he's real. You say others talking about their faith carries no weight ,carries no weight with who ? Someone who want use the good sense God gave them to see the truth . BIG supprise there !!! You know you can get though your whole life if you like with out knowing for sure there is a God,Heaven or hell but you want get through death with out knowing it, So if want to just wait till then to be sure go a head .

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91908 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe there is anything to God or his word then that's fine , But don't you think you look a bit foolish always on here quoting him and then begging others to prove to you that he's real. You say others talking about their faith carries no weight ,carries no weight with who ? Someone who want use the good sense God gave them to see the truth . BIG supprise there !!! You know you can get though your whole life if you like with out knowing for sure there is a God,Heaven or hell but you want get through death with out knowing it, So if want to just wait till then to be sure go a head .
Dont you look foolish when some one post a bible verse where your god wants you to sacrifice animals or kill babies?

Location hidden

#91909 Nov 27, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I am that I am is not a name but describes the creator and means he becomes whatever is needed to become to accomplish his purpose. YHWH is God's name in Hebrew is translated JEHOVAH in English. The true God does not have as you say thousands of names; no he only has one name clear cut. See Psalm 83:18 in the King James Version.
I have to respectully disagree with you. To you, god has one name,, but to the many I spoke of, there are many names used for god,,(((I did not say they were correct or accurate))), just that the biblical god has been called many things,, and this is largly do to "god" calling himself by title as well as name. A quick searh using "list of god's names" will result in thousands of names,, so sorry, he is known by to others by many names.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 27 min Lwyphan 4,757
Kfc 36 min You are dumb 13
A Rat In Knox County 43 min You are dumb 7
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 59 min Nutz 153,367
opening in November 5 hr hunter 8
Who read Dennis Gibson's post on Facebook? What... 5 hr jack 12
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 6 hr Syd Redlitch 18
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating