Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
88,021 - 88,040 of 129,005 Comments Last updated 57 min ago
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And again you lie and twist things around.
Is it a mandate that christians lie?
Umm... Once again read a book... The statement is true... Sorry... Ask Q he'll tell ya if you don't believe me...
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Oh, and defender, you lie so I have no desire to discuss anything with you.
Lol... Cause you get dat ass chapped every time... It's okay that you can't answer... Nobody can... Its just sooo fun exposing you... Not fair picking on the simple minded I guess... Sorry

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Can you say "Spirits"?
Spirits. Ha, I did it !

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Spare me you're spontaneous generation BS... Long since disproven... Once again google boy comes up with nothing but the wiki page... You do know that early evolutionist believed frogs formed from slime and crocs from underwater logs right?... Lol... Couple hundred years later and still can't do any better...
"All I can do is explain it to you, I cannot understand it for you"

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No, we do not have simular DNA as a banana.
And the point is we are closely related to some animals (and not others) showing that we share a common ancestor
Actually, I think defender has a lot in common with a banana...or another well-known phallic shaped object which shall remain nameless.
;)
Neither one reasons very well.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... Once again read a book... The statement is true... Sorry... Ask Q he'll tell ya if you don't believe me...
No He won't.... No science base individual that claimed the theory of evolution is the best theory to date to explain the observed has ever thought the Crock came from logs and Frogs came from slime.... Since the Theory of Evolution came into being After 1831 by which time the life cycles of both had been studied in detail for centuries...

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The funny part of all this....
You Could have a relationship with Him too!
Not His fault you do not know Him... it's yours!
Instead of crabbing about people knowing God...
Try to get to know Him too... IF yer not scared to do so!
You'll be glad you did!
I have no interest in delusions.
Real life is all I require.
It is more amazing than anything you can make up.
Too bad you are missing it.

YOU would be the one who is "scared" to live without the crutch of drugs... or religion.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
By the Way... Best Wishes to All this Christmas Season....
http://youtu.be/5KfkpWs_NGo
Best Wishes also, nice video Q.
Looking for hope

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
How does having faith in a christian God prove there is a God? Simple.
Matt 17:20
"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Scientist would like you to levitate a 200 ton stone,car or move a mountian.
If you had a grain of faith you could do it and we would not be debating hear on topix.
No christian on earth can demostrate his faith this way, we know that.
James 2:17
Faith without works is dead.
The mountain in this verse represents problems that we may face in our lifes that even though they might seem as big to us as a mountain in our way with faith in God they can and will be moved out our way . Christians do demostrate that kind of faith all the time in their lifes and over and over God proves himself to them ,But even if it where as you said ,Yes scentist would really like to see a 200 ton rock,car or mountain moved . I'm sure they would but it would not change their hearts toward God or cause them to have any concept of what having Faith in God really means so what would be the point in them seeing it . For anyone who desires to know that God exsist there is more then enough proof already been shown to them . They either see it or they don't .

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
The mountain in this verse represents problems that we may face in our lifes that even though they might seem as big to us as a mountain in our way with faith in God they can and will be moved out our way . Christians do demostrate that kind of faith all the time in their lifes and over and over God proves himself to them ,But even if it where as you said ,Yes scentist would really like to see a 200 ton rock,car or mountain moved . I'm sure they would but it would not change their hearts toward God or cause them to have any concept of what having Faith in God really means so what would be the point in them seeing it . For anyone who desires to know that God exsist there is more then enough proof already been shown to them . They either see it or they don't .
So how do you decide that the "mountain" in that story is a metaphor but in other stories, like Jesus "rising from the dead" or "feeding the multitude with a few loaves and fishes" or the stories of Adam and Eve or Noah and the Ark are to be take literally?
How about they are ALL metaphors? Never meant to be taken for real.
awanyu

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Satanic Priest wrote:
In the dark ages men of science thought that the world is round, but the church thought that the earth was flat and killed men who said otherwise.
SCIENCE has shown that the world is not flat, as science has shown we where not created by some god that is powerless to do anything else
actually the heliocentric system was known as early as 2000 bc by the hindus.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

1 Corinthians 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

So who wears a hat once in a while;;;

Puff, puff, pass.
takshaka

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Satanic Priest wrote:
In the dark ages men of science thought that the world is round, but the church thought that the earth was flat and killed men who said otherwise.
SCIENCE has shown that the world is not flat, as science has shown we where not created by some god that is powerless to do anything else
here is an article relating other scientific truths in the vedas; which by the way veda = "knowledge"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ramnath-subrama...
Looking for hope

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you decide that the "mountain" in that story is a metaphor but in other stories, like Jesus "rising from the dead" or "feeding the multitude with a few loaves and fishes" or the stories of Adam and Eve or Noah and the Ark are to be take literally?
How about they are ALL metaphors? Never meant to be taken for real.
Well i didn't exactly decide it . It is more like i realized it when i started to understand Gods word as a letter written to each of us . Did God think i would ever need a mountain to actually be moved no ,But he did want me to know that any problem in my life even one that seemed as big and impossible to over come as moving a mountain could be done with faith in him .
The other things you mentioned should be taken literally because they happened .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

awanyu wrote:
<quoted text>actually the heliocentric system was known as early as 2000 bc by the hindus.
And by the Sumerians around 2900 BC.....
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Calm down Dear Betty...
You remember... Not Everyone will be saved!
Let not your heart be troubled :-)
And here I thought your heart wasn't worried about all these lost topix souls to the extent that you wasn't ever troubled with those HUMAN emotions.....Smh. I don't think you have a ticket just yet... well.. if we're all judging-- you know.. I don't believe your faith is strong enough to reach the heavens pearly gates yet. LOL
How stupid can you be

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you resort to name calling.
•tard Definitions include: an idiotic or foolish person.
Matthew 5:22-But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults[b] his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says,'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire.
Are you now claiming the bible is not literal? The verse that I quoted was some metaphor or empty threat by your God?
"Are you just trying to be a Tard?"
Seems more like a question of "Your" actions!
"Read the whole story!"
Points to the fact that Anything can be made to sound bad IF
you only post part of it!
"Show some integrity"
Self explanatory...
How stupid can you be

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
How does having faith in a christian God prove there is a God? Simple.
Matt 17:20
"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Scientist would like you to levitate a 200 ton stone,car or move a mountian.
If you had a grain of faith you could do it and we would not be debating hear on topix.
No christian on earth can demostrate his faith this way, we know that.
James 2:17
Faith without works is dead.
You will never do it....
because you 'Doubt' in your heart...
as in us... it's Not Natural to do these things..
as in casting out demons, or making a latch on a pinsetter move...
I did not let my 'humanity/naturality' get in the way!
BTW James 2:17
Faith without works is dead...
has nothing to do with that!
How stupid can you be

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Science has explained it. You do understand you are not talking to people you can just say something and they buy it right?
Please demonstrate that the theory of evolution has been proven false.
Ad yes so many of us are right and you are wrong
WRONG!
They said it, and you bought it!
Go figure!
How stupid can you be

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
With DNA test showing that we share the same types of DNA as animals do the theory of evolution has been proven to be more likely than the storys of the bible.
How is it that we share common traits with other species if we where "poof there it is" by your magic god?
You share More DNA with a cabage!
Evilution did not save me... It was God!
Hate to bust yer bubble! NOT!
Common DNA = Common Designer!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min DITCH MITCH 147,079
dizzyone1313 1 hr I konw 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr yxv 1,020
Please Ladies answer this question for me 1 hr my real name 5
New club in Barbourville? 1 hr my real name 12
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 2 hr Jason 3
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 2 hr Beelzebub 20
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 2 hr blind one 10
john sowders 3 hr truth be told 5
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating