Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,401)

Showing posts 88,001 - 88,020 of122,681
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>Hilarious coming from you. Just so happens I remember how you and your bestie Fat Pat talked about a little old lady on topix like a dog. Called her a child molester, devil worshipper, and even posted such nonsense under her name. Threatened to go to her house and put her to sleep, and bragged about having her address. Now you are just a big giant ball of love. A typical Christian, hypocrite, or whatever you want to call it. Anybody interested in religion that come across somebody like you would swear it off for life. Considering all the people I know I would estimate the nonbelievers to be more decent then the so called Christians. I know a lot of religious people and can't recall but a couple that were actually decent people. Three Preachers live on my Holler. One preaches at a Church on the holler. One sells dope, one is a drunk, and the last drinks and chases every skirt in sight. Worked with one that a number of people I came across bragged on. Claimed you could feel the Spirit as soon as you walked in the Church. He shot oxy IV before every sermon and claimed it put him in the spirit. He told me a story once about how a little old lady in the congregation said the Lord laid it on her to give him a hundred dollars, that she felt he needed it. He laughed and said she didn't have any idea how bad, and bought an 80 with the money. Know another who brags on how he is a Vietnam Vet. Turns out he spent two years in prison to keep from going, awol, dishonorable discharge. Well turns out he fought it later on somehow got it turned around in to a medical discharge. Claimed the Drill Sergeant drove him crazy. SOB is receiving benefits right now. Saw him at the VA Hospital in Huntington not long ago. Turns out he sells his medication on the street, so not only a piece of trash but also a drug dealer, oh and a preacher. One thing for sure is you fit right in.
None of what you posted above did I say or do, and I am not going to get into that. But I shall say this, if you go back and read correctly. You shall see I was the one attacked and accussed, lol old lady now she is. She is not much older than I am, only by 5 years.
Not once did I talk about her to do any harm, except to ask for prayers. If that harms a soul, then there is some thing wrong there. It was my name used by another on this topix, not once have I ever used another persons name. Oh and yes, some one did use her name. And, I was accussed of it. For woes be on me if I did, for then I have disgraced myself. I never called her a child molester, devil worshiper, never called her such. Others may had, but I never did. And I never would, or will do such a thing. Not unless I know of it being the truth, and the truth only. But I do recall, I was a child molester.
As for religion, there is good n bad in all. Including mine, we are not all saints. I for one has never claimed to be, we are only human. We make mistakes same as any body else. But one should not keep repeating those mistakes, why some believes they can and be forgiven each time is beyond me.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Are you just trying to be a Tard?
Read the whole story!
Show some integrity!
So you resort to name calling.

•tard Definitions include: an idiotic or foolish person.

Matthew 5:22-But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults[b] his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says,'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire.

Are you now claiming the bible is not literal? The verse that I quoted was some metaphor or empty threat by your God?
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMFAO,
yea like praying has ever done anything, oh wait all of the praying for Romney to win the election......yea did nothing
Hey, why dont you pray that I drop dead? Lets see how that works for you
Spiritually speaking, you are already dead, no offence intended, it's just one of those things you are not aware of yet.

Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritually speaking, you are already dead, no offence intended, it's just one of those things you are not aware of yet.
Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Not being offensive but your religion has no bases of reality at all.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Not being offensive but your religion has no bases of reality at all.
The Reality you know is ending, that's what you refuse to see or believe. Again not trying to sound offensive here. Stand back and look at this mess we're all in. Religion is a big part of it too, I'm not standing with Modern Christianity as I've come to call it either. The Christianity I'm talking about is what existed a long long time ago before the Romans killed them off, prior to Roman Catholicism. And that's another point that will no doubt require some explaining.

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>Hilarious coming from you. Just so happens I remember how you and your bestie Fat Pat talked about a little old lady on topix like a dog. Called her a child molester, devil worshipper, and even posted such nonsense under her name. Threatened to go to her house and put her to sleep, and bragged about having her address. Now you are just a big giant ball of love. A typical Christian, hypocrite, or whatever you want to call it. Anybody interested in religion that come across somebody like you would swear it off for life. Considering all the people I know I would estimate the nonbelievers to be more decent then the so called Christians. I know a lot of religious people and can't recall but a couple that were actually decent people. Three Preachers live on my Holler. One preaches at a Church on the holler. One sells dope, one is a drunk, and the last drinks and chases every skirt in sight. Worked with one that a number of people I came across bragged on. Claimed you could feel the Spirit as soon as you walked in the Church. He shot oxy IV before every sermon and claimed it put him in the spirit. He told me a story once about how a little old lady in the congregation said the Lord laid it on her to give him a hundred dollars, that she felt he needed it. He laughed and said she didn't have any idea how bad, and bought an 80 with the money. Know another who brags on how he is a Vietnam Vet. Turns out he spent two years in prison to keep from going, awol, dishonorable discharge. Well turns out he fought it later on somehow got it turned around in to a medical discharge. Claimed the Drill Sergeant drove him crazy. SOB is receiving benefits right now. Saw him at the VA Hospital in Huntington not long ago. Turns out he sells his medication on the street, so not only a piece of trash but also a drug dealer, oh and a preacher. One thing for sure is you fit right in.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pikeville-ky/...

this one a reply bk

herhttp://www.topix.com/forum/ city/pikeville-ky/TP45Q5VO3NFD OAQFV/post75e is where my name was used

These are just a few I looked up.......

But as the Lord says
Forgive those who offends you, and that I have done.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Not being offensive but your religion has no bases of reality at all.
Being offensive, as I tend to be toward idiots that believe in invisisble super dudes which do not exist, heres the short version of the kjv,

http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/MIMICE...
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

I've got to go for a while, but I will be back if you want to keep talking.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

*invisible*
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

The four hardest tasks on earth are neither physical nor intellectual feats, but spiritual ones: To return love for hate; to include the excluded; to forgive without apology, and to be able to say 'I was wrong.'

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
The Reality you know is ending, that's what you refuse to see or believe. Again not trying to sound offensive here. Stand back and look at this mess we're all in. Religion is a big part of it too, I'm not standing with Modern Christianity as I've come to call it either. The Christianity I'm talking about is what existed a long long time ago before the Romans killed them off, prior to Roman Catholicism. And that's another point that will no doubt require some explaining.
I really do not understand how it is that a normal person does not see the bible for what it is, a book written by the jews to elevate themselves above others and the new part written by the Romans to use the concept to control the people of lands they conquered

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

so true wrote:
The four hardest tasks on earth are neither physical nor intellectual feats, but spiritual ones: To return love for hate; to include the excluded; to forgive without apology, and to be able to say 'I was wrong.'
Those are all emotional traits. Do you feel that are emotions are what is called "spirit"?
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the thing about your little cult. It is not real. There is nothing that we need to be saved from, there is no Hell or heaven, non of that really exist.
Do you even understand that what the Jewish people wanted to be saved from was being ruled by the Roman empire? Do you even understand that the great battle in rev. was originally the fantasy of the Jews doing battle with the Roman empire that was distorted 1000 years later by the church?
People do not have "souls" that live forever, there is no all powerful god.
Ok then... What?... Nothingness?... If so many are wrong and you're right then please explain why or how we are here ... Science can't explain it... Not one of the theories of abiogenesis have ever been proven (not even close)... Scientist are moving away from the big bang theory more and more... And the ape-man theory of evolution has ran out of gas... Soooo whatca think?.... Enlighten us.
azhi dahaki

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

I've got to go for a while, but I will be back if you want to keep talking.
would you please respond to the followin questions, or have you come to a stand still?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/monticello-ky...
apophis

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then... What?... Nothingness?... If so many are wrong and you're right then please explain why or how we are here ... Science can't explain it... Not one of the theories of abiogenesis have ever been proven (not even close)... Scientist are moving away from the big bang theory more and more... And the ape-man theory of evolution has ran out of gas... Soooo whatca think?.... Enlighten us.
why not no thingness? if it is eternal/infinite then it really doesn't have any defining/delimiting qualities, does it?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

How does having faith in a christian God prove there is a God? Simple.

Matt 17:20

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Scientist would like you to levitate a 200 ton stone,car or move a mountian.

If you had a grain of faith you could do it and we would not be debating hear on topix.

No christian on earth can demostrate his faith this way, we know that.

James 2:17
Faith without works is dead.
herpeton

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
How does having faith in a christian God prove there is a God? Simple.
Matt 17:20
"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Scientist would like you to levitate a 200 ton stone,car or move a mountian.
If you had a grain of faith you could do it and we would not be debating hear on topix.
No christian on earth can demostrate his faith this way, we know that.
James 2:17
Faith without works is dead.
without imagination, or belief, there is no catalyst for thinking outside the box. doubt/questioning alone would simply tear everything down; which evolves nothing.

imagining/hypothesizing and questioning are known to work very well together.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has explained it. You do understand you are not talking to people you can just say something and they buy it right?
Please demonstrate that the theory of evolution has been proven false.
Ad yes so many of us are right and you are wrong

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

With DNA test showing that we share the same types of DNA as animals do the theory of evolution has been proven to be more likely than the storys of the bible.
How is it that we share common traits with other species if we where "poof there it is" by your magic god?
serpen

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Science has explained it. You do understand you are not talking to people you can just say something and they buy it right?
Please demonstrate that the theory of evolution has been proven false.
Ad yes so many of us are right and you are wrong
you think of science as a western institutionalized concept?

science simply and literally means knowledge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 88,001 - 88,020 of122,681
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Knox Central softball 10 min Gotta Know 5
Anti-NRA Protesters 10 min Frank Jackson 8
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min republiCONS 138,571
James Overbay deadbeat 28 min randy 3
burgerking and walmart 32 min burgerking and walmart 1
James Gambrel 55 min Too close 2
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr blahblah123 918
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 8 hr holland 18
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••