Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143034 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91924 Nov 27, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Washed in Blood.... Eweeeeee.... nasty....
Made me white as snow .

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#91925 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text> Made me white as snow .
Racist!
saraph

Williamsburg, KY

#91926 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not SpaceShip earth I know Jesus Christ .
how is that possible and why is it even necessary?
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>you're suggesting you were I have been washed in his blood and i am going to live forever .
this is a basic hypocrisy. one can be subject to one's indiscretions but not capable of attaining one's own salvation through positive works, or absolution only comes through another.
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>I do fellow Gods word and do apply it to my life .
so the one's who wrote the bible and compiled the bible, those are not there words?
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text> He said to go out and tell the good news and i do .
the kingdom of heaven is at hand; if you can grasp it?
Matthew 11:12
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>You make the mistake of thinking because you've read it and can quote from it you can now use it and that will carry weight as you call it with anyone . You say you are testing like Jesus said to do .
In order for you to be capable of doing that you would need to recieve the Holy Spirit because that is where the ability to discern who are the hogs , swines and posseser of evil spirits are .
there was nothing made that wasn't made of it; so the Spirit created heaven and earth and all things are intrinsic of it. you view this force as existing outside of self; jesus taught the kingdom comes solely from within.
if you worship the man jesus as the ABSOLUTE; then you practice idolatry.
2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>Without it you are as blind to the truth as they are .
nothing is 100% discernable/knowable outside, or without, SELF.
uktena

Williamsburg, KY

#91927 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text> Made me white as snow .
that isn't a biblical teaching. it's man made.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91928 Nov 27, 2012
Jacob wrestled and defeated god. Ok, some will say it was god's representative, an angel. Either way for what ever reason the two decided to roll around on this hillside Jacob would come to name Peniel, until Jacob put a can of whoopass on him and is blessed and given a new name by the defeated heavenly resident. Man 1, heaven 0 for wrestling., I want a rematch.

Puff, puff, pass.
kundalini

Williamsburg, KY

#91929 Nov 27, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Jacob wrestled and defeated god. Ok, some will say it was god's representative, an angel. Either way for what ever reason the two decided to roll around on this hillside Jacob would come to name Peniel, until Jacob put a can of whoopass on him and is blessed and given a new name by the defeated heavenly resident. Man 1, heaven 0 for wrestling., I want a rematch.
Puff, puff, pass.
peniel = pineal face to face

http://touritaly.org/tours/vaticanmuseum/Vati...

Genesis 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

Exodus 33:11
And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
ouroboros

Williamsburg, KY

#91930 Nov 27, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Puff, puff, pass.
more images

http://historical.benabraham.com/html/pine_co...

http://activistawake.com/2012/06/22/occult-se...
Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91931 Nov 27, 2012
saraph wrote:
<quoted text>how is that possible and why is it even necessary?
<quoted text>this is a basic hypocrisy. one can be subject to one's indiscretions but not capable of attaining one's own salvation through positive works, or absolution only comes through another.
<quoted text>so the one's who wrote the bible and compiled the bible, those are not there words?
<quoted text>the kingdom of heaven is at hand; if you can grasp it?
Matthew 11:12
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
<quoted text>there was nothing made that wasn't made of it; so the Spirit created heaven and earth and all things are intrinsic of it. you view this force as existing outside of self; jesus taught the kingdom comes solely from within.
if you worship the man jesus as the ABSOLUTE; then you practice idolatry.
2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
<quoted text>nothing is 100% discernable/knowable outside, or without, SELF.
What i have said to Spaceship earth is true . It doesn't matter what you think about it or even if he believes it or not . It will still be the truth .

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#91932 Nov 27, 2012
If you want wisdom, study the bible.

London, KY

#91933 Nov 27, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
If you want wisdom, study the bible.
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q
dragua

Williamsburg, KY

#91934 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
What i have said to Spaceship earth is true .[/QU It doesn't matter what you think about it or even if he believes it or not . It will still be the truth .
holding on to something in fear doesn't free anyone to truth. you are bound in idolatry to the image of the beast.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#91935 Nov 27, 2012
If a man approaches you and says he knows the "truth", listen but be cautious.

If a man approaches you and says he knows the "truth" and outlines rewards for believing and a punishment for not believing, be extremely cautious.
Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91936 Nov 27, 2012
dragua wrote:
<quoted text> holding on to something in fear doesn't free anyone to truth. you are bound in idolatry to the image of the beast.
There's no fear in holding on to Jesus Christ becasue he is the truth and he is who sets you free . It takes an evil mind to say that's idolatry .

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91937 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Like it or not SpaceShip earth I know Jesus Christ . I have been washed in his blood and i am going to live forever . I do fellow Gods word and do apply it to my life . He said to go out and tell the good news and i do . You make the mistake of thinking because you've read it and can quote from it you can now use it and that will carry weight as you call it with anyone . You say you are testing like Jesus said to do .
In order for you to be capable of doing that you would need to recieve the Holy Spirit because that is where the ability to discern who are the hogs , swines and posseser of evil spirits are .Without it you are as blind to the truth as they are .
I've dimissed no questions about my faith or Scriptures . It's you who dismisses the answers that you are given and that is fine because those are my answers but it's no excuse for you to just throw what you know is true away and not even try to gain understanding of it for yourself simply because you don't agree with someone elses interpretion it. How can you agree or disagree when you have no idea yourself of what it really says . Go to the source and ask him then maybe you can stop wiening about other people not giving you the answers you need hear .
I do have the Holy Spirit a live in me and therefore i do have discernment if you notice i converse very little on here with anyone other then you . I do not give what is HOLY to a dog or cast my pearls to a swine .
I don't agree or disagree just compare the evidence against what you christians recommended to us atheist/agnostics. Nothing ruins a good story like the other side.

You say you have the Holy Spirit therefore you express your interpetation of the bible. Yet refuse to acknowedge that your own bible bears witness against you when you're shown in conflict with scriptures.

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

You and others agree the bible is literal word of God and yet your interpatations of it differ from one another which call in to account the rule of the false prophet.

Deut 18:22
If the prophet speaks in the LORD's name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the LORD did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared.

Also calls into the account that one must test the word of those who preach the word to see if it's actually from the bible or just ones own private interpetation,visions or indoctrination from others.

2 peter 1:20
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation

So... you see the bible says Jesus did not come to bring peace on the earth but a sword. The sword being your bible that I and others use as a instruction manual to test your interpetation of what is said.
Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91938 Nov 27, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree or disagree just compare the evidence against what you christians recommended to us atheist/agnostics. Nothing ruins a good story like the other side.
You say you have the Holy Spirit therefore you express your interpetation of the bible. Yet refuse to acknowedge that your own bible bears witness against you when you're shown in conflict with scriptures.
1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.
You and others agree the bible is literal word of God and yet your interpatations of it differ from one another which call in to account the rule of the false prophet.
Deut 18:22
If the prophet speaks in the LORD's name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the LORD did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared.
Also calls into the account that one must test the word of those who preach the word to see if it's actually from the bible or just ones own private interpetation,visions or indoctrination from others.
2 peter 1:20
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation
So... you see the bible says Jesus did not come to bring peace on the earth but a sword. The sword being your bible that I and others use as a instruction manual to test your interpetation of what is said.
Ok Spaceship you can come on here talk about Jesus and quote from Gods word all you want but if you don't know him then you really know nothing about either .
No Jesus did not come to bring peace on earth ,He came to bring Peace between us and God and the truth about that is the real sword and it is found in his word . You and the others who use Gods word as a instruction manual should first get equipped to understand it before you start testing others by it ,until then you are only playing a silly game and using Gods word to do it .
So what if no Christian ever passes your testing as you call it to your satisfaction ? Do you think that's somehow going to cause your name to appear in the book of life on Judgement day ?
amaru

Winchester, KY

#91939 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Spaceship you can come on here talk about Jesus and quote from Gods word all you want but if you don't know him then you really know nothing about either .
No Jesus did not come to bring peace on earth ,He came to bring Peace between us and God and the truth about that is the real sword and it is found in his word . You and the others who use Gods word as a instruction manual should first get equipped to understand it before you start testing others by it ,until then you are only playing a silly game and using Gods word to do it .
So what if no Christian ever passes your testing as you call it to your satisfaction ? Do you think that's somehow going to cause your name to appear in the book of life on Judgement day ?
the bible requires you to give a reason for your hope, it doesn't require you to worship jesus, or to prostitute yourself to idols.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91940 Nov 27, 2012
Looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
So list the name of the christian groups that do not preach the truth, if you can. Let's have a list of those that are not equipped to understand the bible as you say.

Time is short so I have to make the best of it as you say.

Waiting..........
Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91941 Nov 27, 2012
amaru wrote:
<quoted text>the bible requires you to give a reason for your hope, it doesn't require you to worship jesus, or to prostitute yourself to idols.
Jesus Christ is my hope why would i not worship him ?

London, KY

#91942 Nov 27, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
So list the name of the christian groups that do not preach the truth, if you can. Let's have a list of those that are not equipped to understand the bible as you say.
Waiting..........
As I have said before... All that is is human ego run amuck... He has the ego based mindset so many do...

I Know God, I understand Gods Words... Others that disagree with me are just not as great as I am because I have the inside track on what all those words Mean.. All the Other people that disagree with my exact view read the same words but I actually understand them, They are not as good as I am at getting to know God...

Human Ego Run Amuck, Amuck, Amuck...
Looking for hope

Georgetown, KY

#91943 Nov 27, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting..........
It has nothing to do with Christian groups or Christians period . It's those who have not excepted Jesus Christ as their savior and recieved the Holy Spirit who are not equipped to understand God's word .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 4 min Adam 2
Anyone want to Debate Religion with The Special... 7 min No God 10
Shooting at Walmart??? 41 min Love it 30
Who's had Curt brown 1 hr Vickie 30
Where is Gothic girl these Days? 1 hr Been There 4
Garbage Service from Patrick Mills garbage service 1 hr citizen 13
Flat Lick Ball Coach Devin Mills 2 hr Lol 16
walmart shooting 2 hr Confused 15
Social services barbourville ky 17 hr Amazed 13
More from around the web