Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
87,981 - 88,000 of 130,536 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#91801 Nov 25, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how the direction of your cult always points to money or slavery
It's funny how you lie so easy!
Yes... there are thieves in many things...
Wellfare, medicare, workplaces... even charities, and churches!
Not all do it... just the bad ones!
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#91802 Nov 25, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMFAO,
yea like praying has ever done anything, oh wait all of the praying for Romney to win the election......yea did nothing
Hey, why dont you pray that I drop dead? Lets see how that works for you
"Hoped" We/I Hoped for Romney to win...
We forgot what the Bible says about these 'end times'...
I would not pray for you to drop dead... yer gonna do that anyway!
I'm praying that you'll wise up, and seek Salvation...
If you don't... it's NOT on God, but you!

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

#91803 Nov 25, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sister death was a accident that was caused by her husband? Sorry for your loss.
Thank you
No it was no accident, but yet I do not think he wanted to kill her. He ran over her more than once with a 4wheeler, I think drugs was involved. Drugs makes a person do crazy stupid things, some thing one would not had done to start with.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91804 Nov 25, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Who decided to do away with it, because the bible does not say that (you got conned) And that does not answer the question about your god demanding you kill innocent babies.
Now how is it that your church today gets to decide that they do not want to follow the laws set forth by god?
Please post the chapter and verse of the bible where this is written
If you can not please do not try to side step the question with bullshit
Christ himself said it: Now don't get upset it takes a few scriptures to show it.

John 5:45 Do NOT THINK that I (Jesus) will accuse you to the Father: there is ONE that accuseth you, EVEN MOSES, in whom ye Trust.

Matthew 4:4 It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

John 1:17 For THE LAW was given BY MOSES, but GRACE AND TRUTH came by Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:4 let God be true, but EVERY MAN a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that A MAN IS JUSTIFIED BY FAITH WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF THE LAW.

John 1:17 For THE LAW was given BY MOSES, but GRACE AND TRUTH came by Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is THE END OF THE LAW for righteousness to EVERY ONE that believeth.

2 Corinthians 3:12-16 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
13 And NOT AS MOSES, which put A VEIL OVER HIS FACE, that the children of Israel COULD NOT STEDFASTLY LOOK TO THE END OF THAT WHICH IS ABOLISHED:
14 But THEIR MINDS WERE BLINDED: for UNTIL THIS DAY REMAINETH THE SAME VEIL UNTAKEN AWAY IN THE READING OF ((((((THE OLD TESTAMENT))))); which (((((VEIL IS DONE AWAY IN CHRIST))))).
15 But even unto this day, WHEN MOSES IS READ, THE VEIL IS UPON THEIR HEART.
16 Nevertheless WHEN IT SHALL TURN TO THE LORD, THE VEIL SHALL BE TAKEN AWAY.

Matthew 5:7,8 Blessed are THE MERCIFUL: for they shall OBTAIN MERCY.
8 Blessed are THE PURE IN HEART: for they shall SEE GOD.

Galatians 5:13,14 For, brethren, ye have been called unto LIBERTY; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by LOVE serve one another.
14 For ALL THE LAW is fulfilled in ONE WORD, even in this; Thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 7:12 Therefore ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER ye would that men should do to you, DO YE even so to them: for THIS IS THE LAW and the prophets.

Matthew 4:4 It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

What the Old Testament was missing was forgiveness of sins which is the Trangression of the Law that Moses recorded and gave to the people from God, but that Law was missing Grace, or Mercy, without Mercy we are all condemned because we all have broken That Law and without Christ's testimony we will all stand guilty of the Law if we did not accept Christ's Mercy from the Old Testament Law. The New Law is which is explained in the New Testament is that we simple LOVE each other, all men every where, Forgive each other and the world can start a New, but not everyone does this and that's what sets True Christians and "so called christians" and satanists apart from one another. But that can all still change "IF" that's what we all want. It's up to you and me and everyone. Those that refuse to do this will eventually destroy themselves, but the promise to those that do, do this, they will be remembered for their righteousness and be allowed to enter that Great City of God and partake of the Tree of Life when this world has destroyed itself. That's what the True faith in God is based on.

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

#91805 Nov 25, 2012
Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>Hilarious coming from you. Just so happens I remember how you and your bestie Fat Pat talked about a little old lady on topix like a dog. Called her a child molester, devil worshipper, and even posted such nonsense under her name. Threatened to go to her house and put her to sleep, and bragged about having her address. Now you are just a big giant ball of love. A typical Christian, hypocrite, or whatever you want to call it. Anybody interested in religion that come across somebody like you would swear it off for life. Considering all the people I know I would estimate the nonbelievers to be more decent then the so called Christians. I know a lot of religious people and can't recall but a couple that were actually decent people. Three Preachers live on my Holler. One preaches at a Church on the holler. One sells dope, one is a drunk, and the last drinks and chases every skirt in sight. Worked with one that a number of people I came across bragged on. Claimed you could feel the Spirit as soon as you walked in the Church. He shot oxy IV before every sermon and claimed it put him in the spirit. He told me a story once about how a little old lady in the congregation said the Lord laid it on her to give him a hundred dollars, that she felt he needed it. He laughed and said she didn't have any idea how bad, and bought an 80 with the money. Know another who brags on how he is a Vietnam Vet. Turns out he spent two years in prison to keep from going, awol, dishonorable discharge. Well turns out he fought it later on somehow got it turned around in to a medical discharge. Claimed the Drill Sergeant drove him crazy. SOB is receiving benefits right now. Saw him at the VA Hospital in Huntington not long ago. Turns out he sells his medication on the street, so not only a piece of trash but also a drug dealer, oh and a preacher. One thing for sure is you fit right in.
None of what you posted above did I say or do, and I am not going to get into that. But I shall say this, if you go back and read correctly. You shall see I was the one attacked and accussed, lol old lady now she is. She is not much older than I am, only by 5 years.
Not once did I talk about her to do any harm, except to ask for prayers. If that harms a soul, then there is some thing wrong there. It was my name used by another on this topix, not once have I ever used another persons name. Oh and yes, some one did use her name. And, I was accussed of it. For woes be on me if I did, for then I have disgraced myself. I never called her a child molester, devil worshiper, never called her such. Others may had, but I never did. And I never would, or will do such a thing. Not unless I know of it being the truth, and the truth only. But I do recall, I was a child molester.
As for religion, there is good n bad in all. Including mine, we are not all saints. I for one has never claimed to be, we are only human. We make mistakes same as any body else. But one should not keep repeating those mistakes, why some believes they can and be forgiven each time is beyond me.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91806 Nov 25, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Are you just trying to be a Tard?
Read the whole story!
Show some integrity!
So you resort to name calling.

•tard Definitions include: an idiotic or foolish person.

Matthew 5:22-But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults[b] his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says,'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire.

Are you now claiming the bible is not literal? The verse that I quoted was some metaphor or empty threat by your God?
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91807 Nov 25, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMFAO,
yea like praying has ever done anything, oh wait all of the praying for Romney to win the election......yea did nothing
Hey, why dont you pray that I drop dead? Lets see how that works for you
Spiritually speaking, you are already dead, no offence intended, it's just one of those things you are not aware of yet.

Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91808 Nov 25, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritually speaking, you are already dead, no offence intended, it's just one of those things you are not aware of yet.
Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Not being offensive but your religion has no bases of reality at all.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91809 Nov 25, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Not being offensive but your religion has no bases of reality at all.
The Reality you know is ending, that's what you refuse to see or believe. Again not trying to sound offensive here. Stand back and look at this mess we're all in. Religion is a big part of it too, I'm not standing with Modern Christianity as I've come to call it either. The Christianity I'm talking about is what existed a long long time ago before the Romans killed them off, prior to Roman Catholicism. And that's another point that will no doubt require some explaining.

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

#91810 Nov 25, 2012
Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>Hilarious coming from you. Just so happens I remember how you and your bestie Fat Pat talked about a little old lady on topix like a dog. Called her a child molester, devil worshipper, and even posted such nonsense under her name. Threatened to go to her house and put her to sleep, and bragged about having her address. Now you are just a big giant ball of love. A typical Christian, hypocrite, or whatever you want to call it. Anybody interested in religion that come across somebody like you would swear it off for life. Considering all the people I know I would estimate the nonbelievers to be more decent then the so called Christians. I know a lot of religious people and can't recall but a couple that were actually decent people. Three Preachers live on my Holler. One preaches at a Church on the holler. One sells dope, one is a drunk, and the last drinks and chases every skirt in sight. Worked with one that a number of people I came across bragged on. Claimed you could feel the Spirit as soon as you walked in the Church. He shot oxy IV before every sermon and claimed it put him in the spirit. He told me a story once about how a little old lady in the congregation said the Lord laid it on her to give him a hundred dollars, that she felt he needed it. He laughed and said she didn't have any idea how bad, and bought an 80 with the money. Know another who brags on how he is a Vietnam Vet. Turns out he spent two years in prison to keep from going, awol, dishonorable discharge. Well turns out he fought it later on somehow got it turned around in to a medical discharge. Claimed the Drill Sergeant drove him crazy. SOB is receiving benefits right now. Saw him at the VA Hospital in Huntington not long ago. Turns out he sells his medication on the street, so not only a piece of trash but also a drug dealer, oh and a preacher. One thing for sure is you fit right in.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pikeville-ky/...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pikeville-ky/...

this one a reply bk
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pikeville-ky/...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pikeville-ky/...

herhttp://www.topix.com/forum/ city/pikeville-ky/TP45Q5VO3NFD OAQFV/post75e is where my name was used

These are just a few I looked up.......

But as the Lord says
Forgive those who offends you, and that I have done.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#91811 Nov 25, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Not being offensive but your religion has no bases of reality at all.
Being offensive, as I tend to be toward idiots that believe in invisisble super dudes which do not exist, heres the short version of the kjv,

http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/MIMICE...
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91812 Nov 25, 2012
I've got to go for a while, but I will be back if you want to keep talking.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#91813 Nov 25, 2012
*invisible*
so true

Morgantown, KY

#91815 Nov 25, 2012
The four hardest tasks on earth are neither physical nor intellectual feats, but spiritual ones: To return love for hate; to include the excluded; to forgive without apology, and to be able to say 'I was wrong.'

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91816 Nov 25, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
The Reality you know is ending, that's what you refuse to see or believe. Again not trying to sound offensive here. Stand back and look at this mess we're all in. Religion is a big part of it too, I'm not standing with Modern Christianity as I've come to call it either. The Christianity I'm talking about is what existed a long long time ago before the Romans killed them off, prior to Roman Catholicism. And that's another point that will no doubt require some explaining.
I really do not understand how it is that a normal person does not see the bible for what it is, a book written by the jews to elevate themselves above others and the new part written by the Romans to use the concept to control the people of lands they conquered

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91817 Nov 25, 2012
so true wrote:
The four hardest tasks on earth are neither physical nor intellectual feats, but spiritual ones: To return love for hate; to include the excluded; to forgive without apology, and to be able to say 'I was wrong.'
Those are all emotional traits. Do you feel that are emotions are what is called "spirit"?
defender

Duluth, GA

#91818 Nov 25, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the thing about your little cult. It is not real. There is nothing that we need to be saved from, there is no Hell or heaven, non of that really exist.
Do you even understand that what the Jewish people wanted to be saved from was being ruled by the Roman empire? Do you even understand that the great battle in rev. was originally the fantasy of the Jews doing battle with the Roman empire that was distorted 1000 years later by the church?
People do not have "souls" that live forever, there is no all powerful god.
Ok then... What?... Nothingness?... If so many are wrong and you're right then please explain why or how we are here ... Science can't explain it... Not one of the theories of abiogenesis have ever been proven (not even close)... Scientist are moving away from the big bang theory more and more... And the ape-man theory of evolution has ran out of gas... Soooo whatca think?.... Enlighten us.
azhi dahaki

Hopkinsville, KY

#91819 Nov 25, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
I've got to go for a while, but I will be back if you want to keep talking.
would you please respond to the followin questions, or have you come to a stand still?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/monticello-ky...
apophis

Hopkinsville, KY

#91820 Nov 25, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then... What?... Nothingness?... If so many are wrong and you're right then please explain why or how we are here ... Science can't explain it... Not one of the theories of abiogenesis have ever been proven (not even close)... Scientist are moving away from the big bang theory more and more... And the ape-man theory of evolution has ran out of gas... Soooo whatca think?.... Enlighten us.
why not no thingness? if it is eternal/infinite then it really doesn't have any defining/delimiting qualities, does it?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91821 Nov 25, 2012
How does having faith in a christian God prove there is a God? Simple.

Matt 17:20

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Scientist would like you to levitate a 200 ton stone,car or move a mountian.

If you had a grain of faith you could do it and we would not be debating hear on topix.

No christian on earth can demostrate his faith this way, we know that.

James 2:17
Faith without works is dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min Buzz Brain 1,455
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Owl 81,598
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 3 hr turtle chin 4
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SLY WEST 3,493
laptops 5 hr travis 3
New club in Barbourville? 5 hr Yea right 46
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 hr Limbertwig 151,261
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 14 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••