Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
87,961 - 87,980 of 130,279 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have experience and evidence that the light will come on when the switch is flipped. If the switch is broken you will quickly lose your faith in it. The Bible, Torah and Koran are broken light switches, and the faithful somehow believe they can see in the dark as they joyously bless their stubbed toes and kneel to grope for their dirty socks.
I have Experience that God is real...
Jesus is the Light, and you can grope for yer socks in the dark...
IF you want too!
Good luck with that!
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>What you posted was saying it does not matter that your god demanded you to rejoice while killing babies because jesus came and told you to love your enemies blah blah. That does not explain your hate filled god demanding that you be joyful while killing babies. Can you explain that? Maybe it was the words of a Jewish man wishing this would happen?
Your jesus stated he is not the father but the way to the father etc so jesus is not god. Can you explain that one?
Oh, so the old laws, like the ten commandments, do not apply?
Please tell me where it says that you are not subject to the jewish laws? Matthew 5:17 maybe?
Very, very Stupid!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Very, very Stupid!
So instead of an answer you give an insult?
Asking questions is stupid?, People should blindly do as you tell them?
Go do some more meth YAA, lose yourself in the fantasy that there is a being that cares about you.
You do know that the god of the bible hates you
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

ouroboros wrote:
<quoted text>the bible teaches that there is something about SELF that is eternal.
Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed(created/begot) thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
John 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
so basically it tells you that something that is, returns to something that was.
Exactly!
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

RoachClip wrote:
I cut the statement below and pasted it here,, in the below statement it is not the time, nor the people that are important it is the "fact" that any god would see fit to smash babies against stones for any reason at any time that is fully messed up.
If that god did exist then we are little more than roaches to this god.
If the statement means from bad parents come bad babies, that would explain why all mankind is evil, we are all gods children, after all.
In which case, god would of been better served had he spoken words of wisdom and enlightenment into the primitive minds he dwelled in, not things like smashing babies, there is no way to make this nice, or a justifiable god like act.
Here's your scripture:;
Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
1st These scriptures are referring to the enemy of Israel at the time, if you read above that.
I guess thoese babies were some tuff little enemies.
Me thinks you've held on to that joint a lil too long!
You are worth More than Many sparrows to God...
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with you? It's people like you that make me wonder why I'm on this planet...you need help my good sir.
Yes he does need help, but I feel he will reject it even in the end!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I could hit you...don't ever take the bible's words and twist them...you are so wrong.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
LOL
Calm down Dear Betty...
You remember... Not Everyone will be saved!
Let not your heart be troubled :-)
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs Burger King when you have a menu like this from the Lord.
Eating fetuses, the Lord sure nows how to throw a feast.
"And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them." -- Deuteronomy 28:57
"And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters." -- Deuteronomy 28:53
Are you just trying to be a Tard?
Read the whole story!
Show some integrity!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
"What I take those scriptures to mean is..."
"When you come to fully understand God,.."
And here we have displayed the problem with Christians (indeed, religions in general).
They believe they can, with their minds the size of less than a dust mote, comprehend the "mind" of an eternal, universe-creating (imaginary) being.
Yaa believes he is very special since Yahweh talked to him.
Fantasy at it finest...not to mention the hubris.
"God and I have a *relationship." Really?
How desparate for self-worth does one have to be to believe in an imaginary friend and THEN TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT?
Believe it if you want but KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, people.
You should be embarrassed. I am embarrassed for you...
The funny part of all this....
You Could have a relationship with Him too!
Not His fault you do not know Him... it's yours!
Instead of crabbing about people knowing God...
Try to get to know Him too... IF yer not scared to do so!
You'll be glad you did!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

I might add... there are Many of us who do!
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you are a pathetic troll crying for attention.
You really are worthless you know. Crying so desperately for some one to talk to you.
Do you know what the name of the theme song for the TV show MASH was?
And you call this person "Worthless"....?
Geeesh! what a Tard!
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, but just can't help it, the christians bring out the funny in me. Have you read the pastors remarks who call himself "UNA FART"?
Bring out the duck tape,2x4's hammer and nails for hanging us heathen atheists and agnostics. The flames of hell will be turned up a notch for those who are making funny remarks and c4 stuff in their mouths to be blown up for the amusement of raptured christians by the Lord.
The chrisitains are commanded to love us they claim, even youtube shows their love for us. So what do you religies really think of atheists?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fdnWwlZCsSwXX
"So what do you religies really think of atheists?"
Lost! in need of direction towards Salvation!
Of course we know... not all will be saved! then sadness!
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Then how come christians make such a big show of it? Wanting to "pray with you:, and having big prayer meetings?
Every preacher I have ever seen wants to put his hand on your shoulder or back and "lead you in prayer"
Because.....
You NEED it!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>"So what do you religies really think of atheists?"
Here is the thing about your little cult. It is not real. There is nothing that we need to be saved from, there is no Hell or heaven, non of that really exist.
Do you even understand that what the Jewish people wanted to be saved from was being ruled by the Roman empire? Do you even understand that the great battle in rev. was originally the fantasy of the Jews doing battle with the Roman empire that was distorted 1000 years later by the church?
People do not have "souls" that live forever, there is no all powerful god.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

<quoted text>"So what do you religies really think of atheists?"
Funny how the direction of your cult always points to money or slavery
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is to be shown to all, not just to a few. No matter what religion one has, love is suppose to be given to them. He who can not love others because they choose other wise, is not of the true Father. Let me give a good example, though some may say I lie.
My sister was taken from us, her husband is the cause of her death. I still love him, I do not hate him. If I hate him, then I hate that which God created MAN. I do not have to have dealings with him, I do not have to speak to him. This he does know, but upon meeting him out and about. I still show him kindness, people can not understand why I do. Even my own family has scorned me for this, but here is what I have said to them.
Even though we know Jesus was born to die for our sins, we man killed him. God so loved us very much that we was forgiven, for Gods love was n is unconditionally.....Now do not get me wrong at one point I hated the man, who took my sister from me. That was untill I felt my Lord take that hate from me, after years of asking. One day I returned back to going to church, I walked in those 2 doors. I felt a burden lifted off of me, this same day the doctors wanted me in the hostpial bad lung infection. I refused to go, I was beingg called to another place. As I said as I walked through those doors I felt a burden being lifted, when I came up out of the water. I felt heat go through my body, I was healed of 2 things hate and infection.
Now I show love to those I once considered to be the ones I hate, love is a good feeling. But. only through God's guiding hands could that be done. For the hate I had was eating me up, and doing a good job at it.
Great post!
God Bless you :-)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

<quoted text>Because.....
You NEED it!
ROTFLMFAO,
yea like praying has ever done anything, oh wait all of the praying for Romney to win the election......yea did nothing
Hey, why dont you pray that I drop dead? Lets see how that works for you
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

RoachClip wrote:
Three types of angels appear in the bible: cherubim, seraphim and archangels. The Cherubim are like gods little body guards, the protect things with items like swords. Yep, angels need swords. The Seraphim are like gods pony express angels, six winged, speedy. Archangels are gods battle bots and messengers for heaven.
I do not know why god would need protection, but it seems a full third of heavens angels rose up in arms against the big guy..33 percent. So what becomes of an angel tossed out of the place most magnificent,, they are referred to as demons.
I've never seen an six winged angel but apparently wings are needed to fly, no teleportation from upstairs it seems. I've never seen Satan nor seen an archangel or seraphim nor demon. This bums me out.
Puff, puff, pass.
Can you say "Spirits"?
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So instead of an answer you give an insult?
Asking questions is stupid?, People should blindly do as you tell them?
Go do some more meth YAA, lose yourself in the fantasy that there is a being that cares about you.
You do know that the god of the bible hates you
I do not meth, as I Know God Loves me....
Yer easy to insult... I guess it's yer personality!
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the thing about your little cult. It is not real. There is nothing that we need to be saved from, there is no Hell or heaven, non of that really exist.
Do you even understand that what the Jewish people wanted to be saved from was being ruled by the Roman empire? Do you even understand that the great battle in rev. was originally the fantasy of the Jews doing battle with the Roman empire that was distorted 1000 years later by the church?
People do not have "souls" that live forever, there is no all powerful god.
You really do need to study up on that garbage you like to push!
God, and Jesus are real, and I hope you get to know them, but
it is up to you!
You do not know them, only means... YOU
do not know them!
Hope that changes!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville