Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,013

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91763 Nov 24, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not nice to make fun of people, shame on you.
==========
For the ones who does not believe there are 2 more commandments
there are ...but like I said
I will have to find them n post them here
For Jesus said I give to you 2 more commandment...its in the new testament
I know, but just can't help it, the christians bring out the funny in me. Have you read the pastors remarks who call himself "UNA FART"?

Bring out the duck tape,2x4's hammer and nails for hanging us heathen atheists and agnostics. The flames of hell will be turned up a notch for those who are making funny remarks and c4 stuff in their mouths to be blown up for the amusement of raptured christians by the Lord.

The chrisitains are commanded to love us they claim, even youtube shows their love for us. So what do you religies really think of atheists?

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

#91764 Nov 24, 2012
Ok I said when I found it, I would post it. But I wll post from the first 10 commandmets too. For there is a differace in the statements of each.

Matthew 22
37. THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL THY HEART, WITH ALL THY SOUL, AND WITH ALL THY MIND.

Exodus 20
3. Thou shalt have no other god before me

Matthew 22
39. thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself

Exodus 20
16. Thy shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
17. Thy shalt not covet thy neighbors house, wife, manservant, maidservant, ox, ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbors.

Matthews was the last 2 commandments given to man.

“What Ever”

For Me To Know

#91765 Nov 24, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, but just can't help it, the christians bring out the funny in me. Have you read the pastors remarks who call himself "UNA FART"?
Bring out the duck tape,2x4's hammer and nails for hanging us heathen atheists and agnostics. The flames of hell will be turned up a notch for those who are making funny remarks and c4 stuff in their mouths to be blown up for the amusement of raptured christians by the Lord.
The chrisitains are commanded to love us they claim, even youtube shows their love for us. So what do you religies really think of atheists?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fdnWwlZCsSwXX
Love is to be shown to all, not just to a few. No matter what religion one has, love is suppose to be given to them. He who can not love others because they choose other wise, is not of the true Father. Let me give a good example, though some may say I lie.

My sister was taken from us, her husband is the cause of her death. I still love him, I do not hate him. If I hate him, then I hate that which God created MAN. I do not have to have dealings with him, I do not have to speak to him. This he does know, but upon meeting him out and about. I still show him kindness, people can not understand why I do. Even my own family has scorned me for this, but here is what I have said to them.
Even though we know Jesus was born to die for our sins, we man killed him. God so loved us very much that we was forgiven, for Gods love was n is unconditionally.....Now do not get me wrong at one point I hated the man, who took my sister from me. That was untill I felt my Lord take that hate from me, after years of asking. One day I returned back to going to church, I walked in those 2 doors. I felt a burden lifted off of me, this same day the doctors wanted me in the hostpial bad lung infection. I refused to go, I was beingg called to another place. As I said as I walked through those doors I felt a burden being lifted, when I came up out of the water. I felt heat go through my body, I was healed of 2 things hate and infection.
Now I show love to those I once considered to be the ones I hate, love is a good feeling. But. only through God's guiding hands could that be done. For the hate I had was eating me up, and doing a good job at it.

“What Ever”

For Me To Know

#91766 Nov 24, 2012
I understand wrote:
<quoted text>
We live in America and Christianity is our religion. If you are not a Christian, then don't attend public schools or move out of our country. This is about whats right for our children. We shouldn't have to leave our religion and values at the school house doors in order not to offend a non believer or otherwise!,
Judge not others over their beliefs, no christian should do that. They are suppose to help them, not tell them to leave. If that one person does not want it, move on to the next, Ones religion can not be forced off onto another, that is their choice.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91767 Nov 24, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is to be shown to all, not just to a few. No matter what religion one has, love is suppose to be given to them. He who can not love others because they choose other wise, is not of the true Father. Let me give a good example, though some may say I lie.
My sister was taken from us, her husband is the cause of her death. I still love him, I do not hate him. If I hate him, then I hate that which God created MAN. I do not have to have dealings with him, I do not have to speak to him. This he does know, but upon meeting him out and about. I still show him kindness, people can not understand why I do. Even my own family has scorned me for this, but here is what I have said to them.
Even though we know Jesus was born to die for our sins, we man killed him. God so loved us very much that we was forgiven, for Gods love was n is unconditionally.....Now do not get me wrong at one point I hated the man, who took my sister from me. That was untill I felt my Lord take that hate from me, after years of asking. One day I returned back to going to church, I walked in those 2 doors. I felt a burden lifted off of me, this same day the doctors wanted me in the hostpial bad lung infection. I refused to go, I was beingg called to another place. As I said as I walked through those doors I felt a burden being lifted, when I came up out of the water. I felt heat go through my body, I was healed of 2 things hate and infection.
Now I show love to those I once considered to be the ones I hate, love is a good feeling. But. only through God's guiding hands could that be done. For the hate I had was eating me up, and doing a good job at it.
I had a teddy bear that gave me the same feeling, of course teddy never talked to me

“What Ever”

For Me To Know

#91768 Nov 24, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Is your closet cleaned out?
Matthew 6:6
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
I've never known anyone who actually did this. Must be like the speed limit, christians simply ignore it.
Thy closet is meaning,"Close thyself off from others, do not pray aloud."

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91769 Nov 24, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thy closet is meaning,"Close thyself off from others, do not pray aloud."
Then how come christians make such a big show of it? Wanting to "pray with you:, and having big prayer meetings?
Every preacher I have ever seen wants to put his hand on your shoulder or back and "lead you in prayer"

“What Ever”

For Me To Know

#91770 Nov 24, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Then how come christians make such a big show of it? Wanting to "pray with you:, and having big prayer meetings?
Every preacher I have ever seen wants to put his hand on your shoulder or back and "lead you in prayer"
That my dear, I can not answer.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91771 Nov 24, 2012
In the dark ages the church told us that illness was caused by evil spirits, we now know that illness is caused by germs.
In the dark ages the church told us the world was flat, we now know that it is round,
In the dark ages the church told us the pretty lights in the sky at night are angels, we now know they are distant suns
How is it that christians still believe anything the church said during the dark ages?

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91772 Nov 24, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Then how come christians make such a big show of it? Wanting to "pray with you:, and having big prayer meetings?
Satanic Priest wrote:
answer: drama queens
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>
answer: closet queen
eingana

Hopkinsville, KY

#91773 Nov 24, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Congressman, President....
humans in general, like you?
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>As for the concept of a God, logic in behavior is worthless.... You cannot logically consider aspects of a totally illogical concept to begin with....
this is opinion/belief. case in point of excluding self from one's own measures/rules.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91774 Nov 24, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sister death was a accident that was caused by her husband? Sorry for your loss.
tarasque

Hopkinsville, KY

#91775 Nov 24, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge not others over their beliefs, no christian should do that. They are suppose to help them, not tell them to leave. If that one person does not want it, move on to the next, Ones religion can not be forced off onto another, that is their choice.
goes to the simple ideas of belief in general.

or as jesus said.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91776 Nov 24, 2012
tarasque wrote:
<quoted text>goes to the simple ideas of belief in general.
or as jesus said.
John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Sounds silly to be an unthinking sheep that blindly follows. But that is fitting for a religion started by middle east towel heads.(you do know that all of the people in the bible are middle eastern not white European right?)
typhon

Hopkinsville, KY

#91777 Nov 24, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds silly to be an unthinking sheep that blindly follows.
you speaking from experience, or supposition?
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>But that is fitting for a religion started by middle east towel heads.
i get a sense of xenophobia in your posting? you don't like people who don't emulate your sense of fashion and/or culture?
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>(you do know that all of the people in the bible are middle eastern not white European right?)
really, i wouldn't have used the term "all" but that tends to be the case when bigots are generalizing, isn't it?

abraham came from the east and sent ishmael to the east country east. you do realize that the silk and spice roads were already en situ, don't you? there is a whole community of people in pakistan who strangely emulate the israelites in custom, culture, and even language.

abraham = brahman
sara = sarasvatti
hagar = bhaggar

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/445...

Location hidden

#91778 Nov 24, 2012
Three types of angels appear in the bible: cherubim, seraphim and archangels. The Cherubim are like gods little body guards, the protect things with items like swords. Yep, angels need swords. The Seraphim are like gods pony express angels, six winged, speedy. Archangels are gods battle bots and messengers for heaven.

I do not know why god would need protection, but it seems a full third of heavens angels rose up in arms against the big guy..33 percent. So what becomes of an angel tossed out of the place most magnificent,, they are referred to as demons.

I've never seen an six winged angel but apparently wings are needed to fly, no teleportation from upstairs it seems. I've never seen Satan nor seen an archangel or seraphim nor demon. This bums me out.

Puff, puff, pass.
Stomper

Winchester, KY

#91779 Nov 24, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious coming from you. Just so happens I remember how you and your bestie Fat Pat talked about a little old lady on topix like a dog. Called her a child molester, devil worshipper, and even posted such nonsense under her name. Threatened to go to her house and put her to sleep, and bragged about having her address. Now you are just a big giant ball of love. A typical Christian, hypocrite, or whatever you want to call it. Anybody interested in religion that come across somebody like you would swear it off for life. Considering all the people I know I would estimate the nonbelievers to be more decent then the so called Christians. I know a lot of religious people and can't recall but a couple that were actually decent people. Three Preachers live on my Holler. One preaches at a Church on the holler. One sells dope, one is a drunk, and the last drinks and chases every skirt in sight. Worked with one that a number of people I came across bragged on. Claimed you could feel the Spirit as soon as you walked in the Church. He shot oxy IV before every sermon and claimed it put him in the spirit. He told me a story once about how a little old lady in the congregation said the Lord laid it on her to give him a hundred dollars, that she felt he needed it. He laughed and said she didn't have any idea how bad, and bought an 80 with the money. Know another who brags on how he is a Vietnam Vet. Turns out he spent two years in prison to keep from going, awol, dishonorable discharge. Well turns out he fought it later on somehow got it turned around in to a medical discharge. Claimed the Drill Sergeant drove him crazy. SOB is receiving benefits right now. Saw him at the VA Hospital in Huntington not long ago. Turns out he sells his medication on the street, so not only a piece of trash but also a drug dealer, oh and a preacher. One thing for sure is you fit right in.
so true

Morgantown, KY

#91780 Nov 25, 2012
To give anything
less than your best
is to sacrifice the gift.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#91781 Nov 25, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have experience and evidence that the light will come on when the switch is flipped. If the switch is broken you will quickly lose your faith in it. The Bible, Torah and Koran are broken light switches, and the faithful somehow believe they can see in the dark as they joyously bless their stubbed toes and kneel to grope for their dirty socks.
I have Experience that God is real...
Jesus is the Light, and you can grope for yer socks in the dark...
IF you want too!
Good luck with that!
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#91782 Nov 25, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>What you posted was saying it does not matter that your god demanded you to rejoice while killing babies because jesus came and told you to love your enemies blah blah. That does not explain your hate filled god demanding that you be joyful while killing babies. Can you explain that? Maybe it was the words of a Jewish man wishing this would happen?
Your jesus stated he is not the father but the way to the father etc so jesus is not god. Can you explain that one?
Oh, so the old laws, like the ten commandments, do not apply?
Please tell me where it says that you are not subject to the jewish laws? Matthew 5:17 maybe?
Very, very Stupid!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min The Apostle 153,262
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min yeah man 4,642
opening in November 26 min hunter 1
new hunting and fishing store 28 min hunter 1
Tax tax and more tax 2 hr Jack 3
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 2 hr really 13
what 3 hr who 1
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••