Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
87,901 - 87,920 of 130,501 Comments Last updated 19 min ago
Betty

Maysville, KY

#91718 Nov 23, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
I cut the statement below and pasted it here,, in the below statement it is not the time, nor the people that are important it is the "fact" that any god would see fit to smash babies against stones for any reason at any time that is fully messed up.
If that god did exist then we are little more than roaches to this god.
If the statement means from bad parents come bad babies, that would explain why all mankind is evil, we are all gods children, after all.
In which case, god would of been better served had he spoken words of wisdom and enlightenment into the primitive minds he dwelled in, not things like smashing babies, there is no way to make this nice, or a justifiable god like act.
Here's your scripture:;
Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
1st These scriptures are referring to the enemy of Israel at the time, if you read above that.
I guess thoese babies were some tuff little enemies.
I wish I could hit you...don't ever take the bible's words and twist them...you are so wrong.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91719 Nov 23, 2012
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I could hit you...don't ever take the bible's words and twist them...you are so wrong.
He did not twist them, he posted the exact verse.
If the truth about your god, and bible is upsetting maybe you should ask questions.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91720 Nov 23, 2012
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with you? It's people like you that make me wonder why I'm on this planet...you need help my good sir.
Selling your daughters as sex slaves, killing babies, killing animals for sacrifice, genocide of whole towns men, women, and children WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.(Ephesians 6:5
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants.(Isaiah 14:21
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.(Isaiah 13:15-18
SHALL I GO ON? I POSTED THE VERSES SO YOU CAN CHECK THAT I DID NOT TWIST ANYTHING. THIS IS THE GOD YOU WORSHIP? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FOR LUSTING AFTER SUCH EVIL?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91721 Nov 23, 2012
"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity" - Thomas Jefferson

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91722 Nov 23, 2012
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs Burger King when you have a menu like this from the Lord.

Eating fetuses, the Lord sure nows how to throw a feast.

"And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them." -- Deuteronomy 28:57

"And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters." -- Deuteronomy 28:53

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91723 Nov 23, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs Burger King when you have a menu like this from the Lord.
Eating fetuses, the Lord sure nows how to throw a feast.
"And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them." -- Deuteronomy 28:57
"And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters." -- Deuteronomy 28:53
They did not have medication for Schizophrenia back then
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#91724 Nov 23, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …Young Stinkers or Old Farts myself want Satan as a Teacher

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91725 Nov 23, 2012
Can Schizophrenia be inherited from your ancestors?
This family that married within the family, total inbreeding, after generations of inbreeding, hears voices telling them to kill every one except the little girls who they rape. The voice tells some of them that they are talking to god.
Now a days we have medication and hospitals for these illnesses, back then they wrote down what the voices said and called it the bible
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91726 Nov 23, 2012
ouroboros wrote:
<quoted text>the bible teaches that there is something about SELF that is eternal.
Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed(created/begot) thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
John 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
so basically it tells you that something that is, returns to something that was.
What I take those scriptures to mean is that we were in the plans of creation before creation was created. God had us in mind when he started this whole thing. He knew some would fall away and some would hold on, but he doesn't force his will at least not anymore. For a time I would say yes he did for the Sake of the covenant he made with his chosen people, before the Messiah came Jesus Christ. But now he isn't, man is simply destroying himself now. God's hand is not in the Wars anylonger.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91727 Nov 23, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
I cut the statement below and pasted it here,, in the below statement it is not the time, nor the people that are important it is the "fact" that any god would see fit to smash babies against stones for any reason at any time that is fully messed up.
If the statement means from bad parents come bad babies, that would explain why all mankind is evil, we are all gods children, after all.
In which case, god would of been better served had he spoken words of wisdom and enlightenment into the primitive minds he dwelled in, not things like smashing babies, there is no way to make this nice, or a justifiable god like act.
Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
1st These scriptures are referring to the enemy of Israel at the time, if you read above that.
Some or even much of what is written in the Old Testament has been done away with, because Ancient Israel was a stiff necked people, God suffered many things with them that were against his will.(2 Corinthians 3:12-16);(John 5:45);(John 1:17). But he had no choice because he made a covenant with them that he would prosper them and give them the land that was promised to them, but he also told them that he would one day have to scatter them to the four corners of the earth for their transgressions as well which did happen after they crucified Christ the Son of God, who came to save them if they had only listened to him (Matthew 23:37-39). But the Leaders of Israel at that time denied him as well as most everyone else in Israel did and then he was forced to make a decision, Destroy Israel or suffer the Cross that some might be saved during this time which has been approximately 2000 years now, which is referred to as the Time of Harvest in which all men are given the Choice of Eternity with him and his goodness or simply this short miserable life only and then an eternity without him at all (Matthew 13:24-(((30))), 37-(((39)))-43). When you come to fully understand God, God because of Israels transgressions allowed them to be blinded from the full understanding of his Will until the Messiah could come in his time, but he also knew that they would even reject him and crucify him, but because God the Father saw in the distant future a few that would truly live by His Will Christ chose to suffer the Cross that A Few might be saved, from the fate of this world, ARMAGEDDON. And these few can be anyone, anywhere, until the very end comes, then the door will be shut. All we have to do is Love each other sincerely, stop seeking only our own agenda and begin to help each other grow freely, but in this world run by MONEY that is not easy, that is why you must let go of the Idea "If I ain't getting paid I ain't doing it" attitude, which the rich people of the world will not even consider because to them, MONEY is their god which is idolitry in the eyes of God who is LOVE one for another. That's why Christ said give to Caesar what is Caesar's but give to God what is God's.

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

#91728 Nov 23, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>What you posted was saying it does not matter that your god demanded you to rejoice while killing babies because jesus came and told you to love your enemies blah blah. That does not explain your hate filled god demanding that you be joyful while killing babies. Can you explain that? Maybe it was the words of a Jewish man wishing this would happen?
Your jesus stated he is not the father but the way to the father etc so jesus is not god. Can you explain that one?
Oh, so the old laws, like the ten commandments, do not apply?
Please tell me where it says that you are not subject to the jewish laws? Matthew 5:17 maybe?
What alot of people do not realize there are 2 more commandments, they are in the New Testament. Jesus spoke of them, I do not know where they are. But, they are there. So 10 commandments is incorrect, there are 12. For Jesus said I give you 2 more commandments, when I find them I will post them here. For it was my sister that pointed them out to me, bible wise n understanding she is very good at.

Now for those who wants to judege others on here about sin, heres a verse that you need to read.

John 8:7
For he that is without sin, let him be the first to cast the stone.
=======
Do you know that judging these people on here is a sin, when you argue with them you are judging them. That is why I said,"I will speak of it, but I will not try to force it on them."
CheeseNRice

Greenup, KY

#91729 Nov 23, 2012
What a bunch of idiots..... The FISH PEOPLE that drown in their own self chosen ignorance....

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#91730 Nov 23, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Man oh man it's Humpaburn. LMAO. Humpaburn, you don't know anything about "ligin", you ol' fart head. You ate a box of crayons at Sunday School.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#91731 Nov 23, 2012
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady, please don't hit the heathen. That's just ol' Humpaburn. He's most likely drunk and buzzing on a big fat doobie. Besides all that he'll cry.
Stanley

Suwanee, GA

#91732 Nov 23, 2012
What's the over-under betting line date for when this thread hits 100,000? I want in!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#91733 Nov 23, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If this god of the jews was indeed real he would be the most evil devil. The best thing that man could do would be to destroy him
That sounds like a good job for you, "Satin" Boy. Jump right in there and destroy him. Maybe you can beat him to death with your purse. LOL.
borlung

Hopkinsville, KY

#91734 Nov 23, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
What I take those scriptures to mean is that we were in the plans of creation before creation was created.
you just contradicted yourself here. whether a potential, or actual, it's always existed.
<quoted text>God had us in mind
you're bordering on pre-destination; which is contrary to free will.
<quoted text> when he started this whole thing. He knew some would fall away and some would hold on, but he doesn't force his will at least not anymore.
again you going from predestination to freewill. you're idea of god is that "he" is double minded.
<quoted text>For a time I would say yes he did for the Sake of the covenant he made with his chosen people, before the Messiah came Jesus Christ. But now he isn't, man is simply destroying himself now. God's hand is not in the Wars anylonger.
so you basically believe that IT changes it's mind on a whim?
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91735 Nov 23, 2012
borlung wrote:
<quoted text>you just contradicted yourself here. whether a potential, or actual, it's always existed.
<quoted text>you're bordering on pre-destination; which is contrary to free will.
<quoted text>again you going from predestination to freewill. you're idea of god is that "he" is double minded.
<quoted text>so you basically believe that IT changes it's mind on a whim?
God can do whatever he wants, he didn't have to create us at all, nor do we have to do his will, but there are consequences to everything we do and also to what he does as well. We all reap what we sow, Jesus was called the Man of Sorrows and even before the flood of Noah, in Genesis Chapter 6 he said that he repented that he even created Man and that it will be so again at the end of this world if you read in Matthew 24. Gotta go for now.
Hierro

Phelps, KY

#91736 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
God can do whatever he wants, he didn't have to create us at all, nor do we have to do his will, but there are consequences to everything we do and also to what he does as well. We all reap what we sow, Jesus was called the Man of Sorrows and even before the flood of Noah, in Genesis Chapter 6 he said that he repented that he even created Man and that it will be so again at the end of this world if you read in Matthew 24. Gotta go for now.
Such a sad person, science has done more for humanity then religion ever has.

Religion flies you into buildings
science flies you to the moon

Give you some advice you claim nonbelievers are ignorant, at least us nonbelievers dont believe in fairy tales. Tell me do you believe in santa, easter bunny, and the tooth fairy too? lol

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91737 Nov 24, 2012
<quoted text>
God can do whatever he wants
Actually bible says the opposite of what you just said.

1) He cannot sin
2) He cannot contradict himself
3) He cannot die

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 17 min Fact 1,339
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min Le Jimbo 151,160
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 43 min Brenda 10
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 43 min Girl 40
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 1 hr Parent 3
New club in Barbourville? 3 hr Tyler 45
joann gregory 3 hr grimes 3
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs