Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
87,881 - 87,900 of 130,467 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
wtf

Jackson, KY

#91698 Nov 23, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"WAS" sick... then I got Saved by Jesus...
Thank God!
No, still sick.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91699 Nov 23, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Here goes one more time friend, are you watching???
Here's your scripture:
Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
1st These scriptures are referring to the enemy of Israel at the time, if you read above that.
2nd Jesus the Son of God said this referring to this kind of action probably 500 to 600 years later when he came:
Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 BUT I SAY UNTO YOU, LOVE YOUR ENEMIES, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Acts 14:16 Who in TIMES PAST (((suffered))) ALL NATIONS to walk in THEIR OWN WAYS.
Matthew 23:37-39 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, AND YE WOULD NOT!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, YE SHALL NOT SEE ME HENCEFORTH,(((till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.)))
John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, MOSES GAVE YOU NOT that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the TRUE BREAD from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
John 3:19 And THIS IS THE CONDEMNATION, that light is come into the world, AND MEN LOVED DARKNESS RATHER THAND LIGHT BECAUSE THEIR DEEDS WERE EVIL.
Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Matthew 18:3 Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for IT MUST NEEDS BE that offences come; but WOE!!! to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Psalm 34:21 EVIL SHALL SLAY THE WICKED: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
Instead of answering the question you spout off about jesus. If you do not understand the bible just say so, most christians do not

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91700 Nov 23, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the Bible, snd yes I try to live by it. No, I am not out to lord over others. It is up to that person to believe in God, I can not force them to believe. Satan in my religion, is all so stated in the bible as one of the fallen angels.
There are to sides in any battle and that is, Good -v- Evil, that is why I will not say bad about others. Not unless I see things for myself, and how they act. And then, I will tell them to their face, not behind their back. Neither will I hide behind a screen name, for I stand behind my words. That is how much trust I have in my Father for protection, my Faith in Him protects me. When, I am standing up in defence of Him. I do not try to push my beliefs off on others, if they want it. It is theirs for the taking, if they do not. Then one day we shall see who is right, and who is not. Untill the day of my death, my Faith shall stay strong.
There is good and evil in everything. Yes, balance for every white there is a black hot cold positive negative male female
awanyu

Winchester, KY

#91701 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
Not sure what you mean there?
you stated that infinity, or eternal flows both backwards and forwards.

is infinity non-linear, also?

if eternal is pointless because it encompasses all points/directions, not excluding linear, then can anything begotten/created be eternal?

it's a very simple question.
python

Winchester, KY

#91702 Nov 23, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>There is good and evil in everything. Yes, balance for every white there is a black hot cold positive negative male female
there is dark/negative and light/positive in everything.

in the beginning they were male and female.

http://www.oocities.org/nisetar/goldendawnimp...

Psalm 139:12
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

everyone has a darkside
do you love me?
can you love mine?
kelly clarkson

somewhere between the dark and the light.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91703 Nov 23, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Instead of answering the question you spout off about jesus. If you do not understand the bible just say so, most christians do not
If you've read the Bible and understand it as you claim you ought to be able to understand what I posted. Stop acting like a spoiled teenager.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91704 Nov 23, 2012
awanyu wrote:
<quoted text>you stated that infinity, or eternal flows both backwards and forwards.
is infinity non-linear, also?
if eternal is pointless because it encompasses all points/directions, not excluding linear, then can anything begotten/created be eternal?
it's a very simple question.
yes, but only God is eternal in both directions positive and negative. We only become eternal from the point of our creation and on from that. We as the children of God had a beginning but we have no end, God has no beginning or end.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91705 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
If you've read the Bible and understand it as you claim you ought to be able to understand what I posted. Stop acting like a spoiled teenager.
What you posted was saying it does not matter that your god demanded you to rejoice while killing babies because jesus came and told you to love your enemies blah blah. That does not explain your hate filled god demanding that you be joyful while killing babies. Can you explain that? Maybe it was the words of a Jewish man wishing this would happen?
Your jesus stated he is not the father but the way to the father etc so jesus is not god. Can you explain that one?
Oh, so the old laws, like the ten commandments, do not apply?
Please tell me where it says that you are not subject to the jewish laws? Matthew 5:17 maybe?
kukulkan

Winchester, KY

#91706 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text> yes, but only God is eternal in both directions positive and negative. We only become eternal from the point of our creation and on from that. We as the children of God had a beginning but we have no end, God has no beginning or end.
now you're changing the definition of eternal from infinitely pointless to beginning at creation?

that is a double standard and the bible doesn't teach double standards

Proverbs 20:10
Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91707 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text> yes, but only God is eternal in both directions positive and negative. We only become eternal from the point of our creation and on from that. We as the children of God had a beginning but we have no end, God has no beginning or end.
How can you believe that because you are alive right now that you will be alive forever? That seems stupid to me.
Please note, I am not condemning you for your belief, just stating that I can not believe it.
The only way to accept your religion (to me) would be to pick through the bible and discard a large part of it. Many church people do just that. Do you?(it is an honest question)
cernunnos

Winchester, KY

#91708 Nov 23, 2012
jesus said that heaven and earth would pass away and new one would come; so if this is true where does those that dwell within these two confines dwell in the interim?

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

can any things be separate from the ABSOLUTE

e=mc2
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91709 Nov 23, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Instead of answering the question you spout off about jesus. If you do not understand the bible just say so, most christians do not
You're right most christians do not, but then they are not really Christians yet either.

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 21:16 The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#91710 Nov 23, 2012
<quoted text>
You're right most christians do not, but then they are not really Christians yet either.
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Proverbs 21:16 The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.
Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Prime example of Human Ego I spoke of back in the thread....
ouroboros

Winchester, KY

#91711 Nov 23, 2012
the bible teaches that there is something about SELF that is eternal.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed(created/begot) thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

John 3:13
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

so basically it tells you that something that is, returns to something that was.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#91712 Nov 23, 2012
Lol, the religies on this thread are soooo full of themselves. How did these idiots get to decide who is or is not a christian, lmao, did god give them that ability? I would guess they have special topix understanding, lmao.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true."
demosthenes
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91713 Nov 23, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>How can you believe that because you are alive right now that you will be alive forever? That seems stupid to me.
Please note, I am not condemning you for your belief, just stating that I can not believe it.
The only way to accept your religion (to me) would be to pick through the bible and discard a large part of it. Many church people do just that. Do you?(it is an honest question)
Some of what is written in the Old Testament has been done away with, because Ancient Israel was a stiff necked people, God suffered many things with them that were against his will.(2 Corinthians 3:12-16) But he had no choice because he made a covenant with them that he would prosper them and give them the land that was promised to them, but he also told them that he would one day have to scatter them to the four corners of the earth for their transgressions as well which did happen after they crucified Christ the Son of God, who came to save them if they had only listened to him (Matthew 23:37-39). But the Leaders of Israel at that time denied him as well as most everyone else in Israel did and then he was forced to make a decision, Destroy Israel or suffer the Cross that some might be saved during this time which has been approximately 2000 years now, which is referred to as the Time of Harvest in which all men are given the Choice of Eternity with him and his goodness or simply this short miserable life only and then an eternity without him at all (Matthew 13:24-(((30))), 37-(((39)))-43). When you come to fully understand God, God because of Israels transgressions allowed them to be blinded from the full understanding of his Will until the Messiah could come in his time, but he also knew that they would even reject him and crucify him, but because God the Father saw in the distant future a few that would truly live by His Will Christ chose to suffer the Cross that A Few might be saved, from the fate of this world, ARMAGEDDON. And these few can be anyone, anywhere, until the very end comes, then the door will be shut. All we have to do is Love each other sincerely, stop seeking only our own agenda and begin to help each other grow freely, but in this world run by MONEY that is not easy, that is why you must let go of the Idea "If I ain't getting paid I ain't doing it" attitude, which the rich people of the world will not even consider because to them, MONEY is their god which is idolitry in the eyes of God who is LOVE one for another. That's why Christ said give to Caesar what is Caesar's but give to God what is God's.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91714 Nov 23, 2012
Be back in a little while

Location hidden

#91715 Nov 23, 2012
I cut the statement below and pasted it here,, in the below statement it is not the time, nor the people that are important it is the "fact" that any god would see fit to smash babies against stones for any reason at any time that is fully messed up.

If that god did exist then we are little more than roaches to this god.

If the statement means from bad parents come bad babies, that would explain why all mankind is evil, we are all gods children, after all.

In which case, god would of been better served had he spoken words of wisdom and enlightenment into the primitive minds he dwelled in, not things like smashing babies, there is no way to make this nice, or a justifiable god like act.

Here's your scripture:;
Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

1st These scriptures are referring to the enemy of Israel at the time, if you read above that.

I guess thoese babies were some tuff little enemies.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91716 Nov 23, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
I cut the statement below and pasted it here,, in the below statement it is not the time, nor the people that are important it is the "fact" that any god would see fit to smash babies against stones for any reason at any time that is fully messed up.
If that god did exist then we are little more than roaches to this god.
If the statement means from bad parents come bad babies, that would explain why all mankind is evil, we are all gods children, after all.
In which case, god would of been better served had he spoken words of wisdom and enlightenment into the primitive minds he dwelled in, not things like smashing babies, there is no way to make this nice, or a justifiable god like act.
Here's your scripture:;
I guess thoese babies were some tuff little enemies.
If this god of the jews was indeed real he would be the most evil devil. The best thing that man could do would be to destroy him
Betty

Maysville, KY

#91717 Nov 23, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If this god of the jews was indeed real he would be the most evil devil. The best thing that man could do would be to destroy him
What is wrong with you? It's people like you that make me wonder why I'm on this planet...you need help my good sir.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr banana split 1,250
hot girl a the funeral home 1 hr wow 7
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Limbertwig 151,106
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 6 hr Tell it 9
Calvary Christian start date? (Jul '13) 6 hr PARENT 15
To the people cutting catalytic converters... 7 hr Junk man 10
Fight lee mart 7 hr dkkdk 2
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••