Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,932

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
sabazian

Hopkinsville, KY

#91751 Nov 24, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
God can do whatever he wants, he didn't have to create us at all, nor do we have to do his will, but there are consequences to everything we do and also to what he does as well.
so you're claiming god can make laws and rules but he/she doesn't have to follow them?

does't that make your idea of IT a hypocrite?
<quoted text>We all reap what we sow,
then if god makes a rule/law then he/she cannot be above it.
<quoted text>Jesus was called the Man of Sorrows and even before the flood of Noah, in Genesis Chapter 6 he said that he repented that he even created Man and that it will be so again at the end of this world if you read in Matthew 24. Gotta go for now.
the god of genesis is a plural. jesus, or adam, if you like is not the ABSOLUTE. the ABSOLUTE cannot be separate/apart from any aspect of itself.
ophichus

Hopkinsville, KY

#91752 Nov 24, 2012
<quoted text>
God can do whatever he wants, he didn't have to create us at all, nor do we have to do his will, but there are consequences to everything we do and also to what he does as well. We all reap what we sow, Jesus was called the Man of Sorrows and even before the flood of Noah, in Genesis Chapter 6 he said that he repented that he even created Man and that it will be so again at the end of this world if you read in Matthew 24. Gotta go for now.
he who wishes to be greatest must be servant to all.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven

the children of sorrow/suffering in service to the ONE INFINITE INTELLIGENCE await you.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#91753 Nov 24, 2012
Hierro wrote:
<quoted text>Such a sad person, science has done more for humanity then religion ever has.
Religion flies you into buildings
science flies you to the moon
Give you some advice you claim nonbelievers are ignorant, at least us nonbelievers dont believe in fairy tales. Tell me do you believe in santa, easter bunny, and the tooth fairy too? lol
I believe you are a fairy. I just don't know which one. Maybe the poopie in your pants fairy.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91754 Nov 24, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you are a fairy. I just don't know which one. Maybe the poopie in your pants fairy.
I believe you are a pathetic troll crying for attention.
You really are worthless you know. Crying so desperately for some one to talk to you.
Do you know what the name of the theme song for the TV show MASH was?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#91755 Nov 24, 2012
sabazian wrote:
<quoted text>so you're claiming god can make laws and rules but he/she doesn't have to follow them?
does't that make your idea of IT a hypocrite?
<quoted text>then if god makes a rule/law then he/she cannot be above it.
<quoted text>the god of genesis is a plural. jesus, or adam, if you like is not the ABSOLUTE. the ABSOLUTE cannot be separate/apart from any aspect of itself.
Balderdash.... Just because a Rule/Law is made does not mean the make of the law/rule must abide by them... Take our Congress for example... Many of the Laws/Rules they pass, they are exempt from having to abide by....
tanniyn

Hopkinsville, KY

#91756 Nov 24, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Balderdash.... Just because a Rule/Law is made does not mean the make of the law/rule must abide by them... Take our Congress for example... Many of the Laws/Rules they pass, they are exempt from having to abide by....
i was speaking to a person regarding their god and it's behavior.

then what is a person who makes a rule for men and then excludes him/her self from it?

London, KY

#91757 Nov 24, 2012
tanniyn wrote:
<quoted text>i was speaking to a person regarding their god and it's behavior.
then what is a person who makes a rule for men and then excludes him/her self from it?
Congressman, President....

As for the concept of a God, logic in behavior is worthless.... You cannot logically consider aspects of a totally illogical concept to begin with....
I understand

Munfordville, KY

#91758 Nov 24, 2012
what wrote:
This would be in direct conflict to the 1st Amendment to the Constitution - Separation of Church and State - and everyone's right to their own religious belief (or non-belief).
We live in America and Christianity is our religion. If you are not a Christian, then don't attend public schools or move out of our country. This is about whats right for our children. We shouldn't have to leave our religion and values at the school house doors in order not to offend a non believer or otherwise!,

London, KY

#91759 Nov 24, 2012
I understand wrote:
<quoted text>
We live in America and Christianity is our religion. If you are not a Christian, then don't attend public schools or move out of our country. This is about whats right for our children. We shouldn't have to leave our religion and values at the school house doors in order not to offend a non believer or otherwise!,
You are Wrong on several levels....

We are a Nation of Laws based on the Constitution... Those Laws allow for the people to Believe how ever they wish Individually but they also prohibit the Beliefs of one individual or a Group of individuals from forcing Their Beliefs on another Individual or group of Individuals.... You statement is very much like the statements of Islamic Nations where they claim the mantle of One Religion governance...
Pathetic

Winchester, KY

#91760 Nov 24, 2012
I understand wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you practice Christianity does not make this A Christian Nation, it never was or never will be, and the religion needs to stay in the Church. Our children are already falling behind the rest of the World and your answer is to mix in a bunch of fantasy nonsense. If you want to warp your child at home then by all means have at it, but try to have the decency to let the others move ahead without yours. Wasting valuable school time with nonsense would only cause their test scores to go that much lower.
bwahaha

Olive Hill, KY

#91761 Nov 24, 2012
I understand wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one. Thanks for the laugh.

Location hidden

#91762 Nov 24, 2012
Is your closet cleaned out?

Matthew 6:6
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

I've never known anyone who actually did this. Must be like the speed limit, christians simply ignore it.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91763 Nov 24, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not nice to make fun of people, shame on you.
==========
For the ones who does not believe there are 2 more commandments
there are ...but like I said
I will have to find them n post them here
For Jesus said I give to you 2 more commandment...its in the new testament
I know, but just can't help it, the christians bring out the funny in me. Have you read the pastors remarks who call himself "UNA FART"?

Bring out the duck tape,2x4's hammer and nails for hanging us heathen atheists and agnostics. The flames of hell will be turned up a notch for those who are making funny remarks and c4 stuff in their mouths to be blown up for the amusement of raptured christians by the Lord.

The chrisitains are commanded to love us they claim, even youtube shows their love for us. So what do you religies really think of atheists?

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

#91764 Nov 24, 2012
Ok I said when I found it, I would post it. But I wll post from the first 10 commandmets too. For there is a differace in the statements of each.

Matthew 22
37. THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL THY HEART, WITH ALL THY SOUL, AND WITH ALL THY MIND.

Exodus 20
3. Thou shalt have no other god before me

Matthew 22
39. thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself

Exodus 20
16. Thy shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
17. Thy shalt not covet thy neighbors house, wife, manservant, maidservant, ox, ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbors.

Matthews was the last 2 commandments given to man.

“What Ever”

For Me To Know

#91765 Nov 24, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, but just can't help it, the christians bring out the funny in me. Have you read the pastors remarks who call himself "UNA FART"?
Bring out the duck tape,2x4's hammer and nails for hanging us heathen atheists and agnostics. The flames of hell will be turned up a notch for those who are making funny remarks and c4 stuff in their mouths to be blown up for the amusement of raptured christians by the Lord.
The chrisitains are commanded to love us they claim, even youtube shows their love for us. So what do you religies really think of atheists?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fdnWwlZCsSwXX
Love is to be shown to all, not just to a few. No matter what religion one has, love is suppose to be given to them. He who can not love others because they choose other wise, is not of the true Father. Let me give a good example, though some may say I lie.

My sister was taken from us, her husband is the cause of her death. I still love him, I do not hate him. If I hate him, then I hate that which God created MAN. I do not have to have dealings with him, I do not have to speak to him. This he does know, but upon meeting him out and about. I still show him kindness, people can not understand why I do. Even my own family has scorned me for this, but here is what I have said to them.
Even though we know Jesus was born to die for our sins, we man killed him. God so loved us very much that we was forgiven, for Gods love was n is unconditionally.....Now do not get me wrong at one point I hated the man, who took my sister from me. That was untill I felt my Lord take that hate from me, after years of asking. One day I returned back to going to church, I walked in those 2 doors. I felt a burden lifted off of me, this same day the doctors wanted me in the hostpial bad lung infection. I refused to go, I was beingg called to another place. As I said as I walked through those doors I felt a burden being lifted, when I came up out of the water. I felt heat go through my body, I was healed of 2 things hate and infection.
Now I show love to those I once considered to be the ones I hate, love is a good feeling. But. only through God's guiding hands could that be done. For the hate I had was eating me up, and doing a good job at it.

“What Ever”

For Me To Know

#91766 Nov 24, 2012
I understand wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge not others over their beliefs, no christian should do that. They are suppose to help them, not tell them to leave. If that one person does not want it, move on to the next, Ones religion can not be forced off onto another, that is their choice.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91767 Nov 24, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is to be shown to all, not just to a few. No matter what religion one has, love is suppose to be given to them. He who can not love others because they choose other wise, is not of the true Father. Let me give a good example, though some may say I lie.
My sister was taken from us, her husband is the cause of her death. I still love him, I do not hate him. If I hate him, then I hate that which God created MAN. I do not have to have dealings with him, I do not have to speak to him. This he does know, but upon meeting him out and about. I still show him kindness, people can not understand why I do. Even my own family has scorned me for this, but here is what I have said to them.
Even though we know Jesus was born to die for our sins, we man killed him. God so loved us very much that we was forgiven, for Gods love was n is unconditionally.....Now do not get me wrong at one point I hated the man, who took my sister from me. That was untill I felt my Lord take that hate from me, after years of asking. One day I returned back to going to church, I walked in those 2 doors. I felt a burden lifted off of me, this same day the doctors wanted me in the hostpial bad lung infection. I refused to go, I was beingg called to another place. As I said as I walked through those doors I felt a burden being lifted, when I came up out of the water. I felt heat go through my body, I was healed of 2 things hate and infection.
Now I show love to those I once considered to be the ones I hate, love is a good feeling. But. only through God's guiding hands could that be done. For the hate I had was eating me up, and doing a good job at it.
I had a teddy bear that gave me the same feeling, of course teddy never talked to me

“What Ever”

For Me To Know

#91768 Nov 24, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Is your closet cleaned out?
Matthew 6:6
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
I've never known anyone who actually did this. Must be like the speed limit, christians simply ignore it.
Thy closet is meaning,"Close thyself off from others, do not pray aloud."

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91769 Nov 24, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thy closet is meaning,"Close thyself off from others, do not pray aloud."
Then how come christians make such a big show of it? Wanting to "pray with you:, and having big prayer meetings?
Every preacher I have ever seen wants to put his hand on your shoulder or back and "lead you in prayer"

“What Ever”

For Me To Know

#91770 Nov 24, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Then how come christians make such a big show of it? Wanting to "pray with you:, and having big prayer meetings?
Every preacher I have ever seen wants to put his hand on your shoulder or back and "lead you in prayer"
That my dear, I can not answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 58 min Amos 17
Bastards 2 hr wondering 4
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SLY WEST 3,606
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 6 hr SLY WEST 406
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 8 hr briar 15
judy basinger (Jul '09) 8 hr roaddog 74 18
who's the best lay from the creek 9 hr tinsel 7
dinky phipps 11 hr Yep 4
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 23 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 23 hr jack 7