Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,106

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
sinti lapitta

Williamsburg, KY

#91640 Nov 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Where did he say that? And posting bible verses to prove the bible is like reading a comic book to prove batman
i'm not a christian, or jewish.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91641 Nov 22, 2012
A test to see if some one is really a christian. Throw them in a river, if they float they are not real christians and we feed them to the lions, if they do not float they will be with their god....Simple really

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

#91642 Nov 22, 2012
Satanic Priest
Seems like you believe in satan, so why can I not have my belief? And here you are trying to tell me Hell is not real, satan leads you there.

“What Ever”

For Me To Know

#91643 Nov 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Why the christian cult should not be allowed to spread its lies
http://www.news-press.com/viewart/20121122/NE... |topnews|text|
Not one word of the woman being a chrisrian, just her saying the baby was the devil. No proof a christian killed the child, but only a woman with problems.
dado

Lexington, KY

#91644 Nov 22, 2012
When are you going to realize that religion has been argued for as long as religion has been. Who is right? Nobody knows..
People have been fighting for it, killed for it...
as I stated before nobody really cares what others believe

I don't care if you worship the devil, god, a goat, a statue, or yourself...nobody really cares.

Just don't try to put YOUR beliefs on everybody else

Arguing with a jehovia witness is like nailing jello to a tree

only they live to argue

“What Ever”

For Me To Know

#91645 Nov 22, 2012
dado wrote:
When are you going to realize that religion has been argued for as long as religion has been. Who is right? Nobody knows..
People have been fighting for it, killed for it...
as I stated before nobody really cares what others believe
I don't care if you worship the devil, god, a goat, a statue, or yourself...nobody really cares.
Just don't try to put YOUR beliefs on everybody else
Arguing with a jehovia witness is like nailing jello to a tree
only they live to argue
Well are you trying to push non-beliefs off on otheres, looks that way. So, what's the differance of the point you are trying to get across?
dado

Lexington, KY

#91646 Nov 22, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well are you trying to push non-beliefs off on otheres, looks that way. So, what's the differance of the point you are trying to get across?
Not pushing non beliefs or beliefs on anyone, my point is...this crap drives most everybody nuts...believe what you want to believe, let everyone else believe what they want to believe and be happy with both
you wanna be christian, I am ok with it
you wanna be catholic, I am ok with it
you wanna worship the devil, I am ok with it
you wanna be a muslim, I am ok with it
you dont wanna worship anything, I am ok with it
just people who thump the bible or spout about their religion drives most everybody else away
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91647 Nov 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I do not understand how any one believes that crap.
Your god is love? Man you have never read the bible have you?
Yes I have, the difference between me and you though is that I understand it now. I didn't always though, but it would only take a nudge to help you stand where I'm standing, "In the KNOW". That is if you can let go of ego and ignorance which is where you presently are. And don't pretend to me that you're not, because I used to be where you are. Not spouting that I was a full blown Satanist, mind you, but I've had my doubts about God from time to time in my life, until I got tired of being Ignorant and Proud of it. And I'm not trying to get you to join a church somewhere either, so think that. I'm just here anymore trying to help others understand the Scriptures and to help show them who God is and what he wants, and why the world is in such a mess. But you gotta give me a chance to explain which I've already done many times on here, but I guess you have overlooked it or didn't want it or maybe believe it. So all I can keep doing as well as anybody else that understands God's Will can do is keep repeating it over and over and hope a few get it before they die.
soapman

Pittsburgh, PA

#91648 Nov 22, 2012
youtube.com/watch... Elf Rant was outdated Bible verses
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#91649 Nov 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is not proof, it is the claim
I'm loving this meme and how quickly its spreading!:)
naas

Winchester, KY

#91650 Nov 22, 2012
Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm loving this meme and how quickly its spreading!:)
the latin rites bible makes no claim of ABSOLUTE proof/claim. people perpetuate that meme.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91652 Nov 22, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
Satanic Priest
Seems like you believe in satan, so why can I not have my belief? And here you are trying to tell me Hell is not real, satan leads you there.
One, Satan is not a being it is a word meaning adversary which brings me to two, you can have your beliefs as long as you do not force them on to others as your rights end where others rights begin. I am adverse to christians wanting to force your beliefs to be taught in schools as facts, and we all know that is where any kind of bible related class is headed.
Also, YOUR beliefs tell you to kill me, I am rather adverse to that as well. How many people have been killed by your religion? We think it is about 250,000,000 over the last 1000 years.
I am also a little upset that YOUR churches lie about us. YOUR church is the one that killed animals for ritual blood sacrifice and killed babies, not us so stop saying we do shit like that and maybe we can start to coexist.
Yes, I am Satan to your religion. Most church people have never read the bible, they do not believe in your god but go to elevate themselves, patting themselves on the back and telling themselves they are better than every one else.
Have you read the bible or just let some one tell you what it says? Do you really believe in your god and TRY to live by your beliefs?
If so I will respect your right to believe. i will not agree but will give you respect if you truly TRY
However I will remain Satan against those who want to lord over others

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91653 Nov 22, 2012
naas wrote:
<quoted text>the latin rites bible makes no claim of ABSOLUTE proof/claim. people perpetuate that meme.
You misunderstand. The bible is not proof that it is the word of god or that god exist, it is the claim that god exist. Period.
The movie Star Wars is not proof that people live on a bunch of different planets.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91654 Nov 22, 2012
Rev Gomer X Gillis Esq wrote:
There is danger in teaching any religion. Religion is mans view of God and how to gain acceptence by Him. They all teach a set of Do's and Dont's although the list varies from religion to religion. Christianity is the main religion here in America and most of what is taught in our churches and on so called "Christian" TV is just mumbo jumbo designed to keep the people under the preacher or priests thumb. God designed salvation before He made the Universe and it's pretty simple even though the preachers try to make it difficult. When you realize that Jesus Christ paid your sin debt on the cross and put your trust in that fact ALONE, you are eternally saved. Most of you refuse to believe that and insist on doing something to help Jesus save you. Lotsa luck with that one my friend. No water baptism,( Church of Christ), tithing,(Baptist), Tongues (Pentecostal)or any other religious works are needed for salvation. God gave you a measure of faith and what you do with it is up to you
The fact show that there are more non christians than christians. The muslims and Jewish are the largest while us Pagans out number you. What makes the numbers screwy is that most people automaticly claim they are christian even if they do not believe, they then complain about the holy roller, bible thumper, jesus freaks making them listen to crap about god.
Most of the people who go to church do so for social status and self justification, not because they love some god. Most have no idea of your gods hatred towards us because they never read the bible.
How can you read about your god in your bible and use the word love?
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91655 Nov 22, 2012
God wishes that everyone LOVE everyone, but not everyone will do this, simply because many do not know the "Will of God" and many will not do it "WHEN they know". But for those who do know and do "The Will of God" they receive Eternal LIFE. This is what the Messiah Jesus Christ came to tell Man in Sum, and also to show them how, but many did not, and do not believe Him (John 14:6);(Mathew 7:21). To follow the "Will of the Father" men would have to lay their weapons down and seek “Peace” through LOVE for one another, but many refused to do this and many still refuse to do this, so the World continues on towards Armageddon.

(Revelation 16:13-16); (Matthew 10:16,17); (Matthew 5:43-48; John 10:34); (Matthew 13:24-30, 37-43)

Just sitting around waiting for the world to end to prove to you whether or not there is an Almighty God, is bad timing on your part.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91656 Nov 22, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have, the difference between me and you though is that I understand it now. I didn't always though, but it would only take a nudge to help you stand where I'm standing, "In the KNOW". That is if you can let go of ego and ignorance which is where you presently are. And don't pretend to me that you're not, because I used to be where you are. Not spouting that I was a full blown Satanist, mind you, but I've had my doubts about God from time to time in my life, until I got tired of being Ignorant and Proud of it. And I'm not trying to get you to join a church somewhere either, so think that. I'm just here anymore trying to help others understand the Scriptures and to help show them who God is and what he wants, and why the world is in such a mess. But you gotta give me a chance to explain which I've already done many times on here, but I guess you have overlooked it or didn't want it or maybe believe it. So all I can keep doing as well as anybody else that understands God's Will can do is keep repeating it over and over and hope a few get it before they die.
I went to seminary school, I have read the bible cover to cover several times, I have a great understanding of the bible, it is you who does not understand the bible, you listen to some preacher spout a verse here and there and think you know what the bible means.
If you understand the bible please explain to me Psalms 137:9 (oh, then the bible is not gods word?)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91657 Nov 22, 2012
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day,
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a life time,
Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91658 Nov 22, 2012
For the fundys here, there are far more Pagans than christians, how would you like it if we taught about the old religions in public school?
Would you fight us on that?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#91659 Nov 22, 2012
vasuki

Winchester, KY

#91660 Nov 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You misunderstand. The bible is not proof that it is the word of god or that god exist, it is the claim that god exist. Period.
The movie Star Wars is not proof that people live on a bunch of different planets.
the truth is "self" evident, the claim is questionable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min old lady 7,026
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,277
food stamps 13 min YOLO 41
knox board of ed raising taxes 45 min FYI 109
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 59 min BIG_STEVIE 81,659
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 1 hr meeee 126
Chamges to Topix? 1 hr welp 4

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]