Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,115

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#91619 Nov 22, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
God in ones life is a blessing Quantummist, either you believe or you do not. That up to you, but on the day our God returns to take people home. Then you will wish you had Him in your life all the time, God bless you n show you mercey. I will pray for you, He knows who you are, even if I do not.
You can do what ever you wish.... I'll stick to an Evidential life, The day I see Evidence I will give consideration, until then I will not consider others fantasies as my guide through life...

#91620 Nov 22, 2012

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

#91621 Nov 22, 2012
Quantummist, I speak what is put upon my heart. For the gates of Hell will be held wide open for some, for those who wants to believe other wise.

#91622 Nov 22, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
What purpose is that, educate others that there is no hope of anything at all after they pass on. Without that hope, there is no reason to strive to be a good person, Because being a good person is not easy in this world. In Fact it is near impossible for many who were not blessed with such an intellect as yours.
That's your personal weakness to require threat of punishment or promise of reward after they place coins on your eyes to be a good person.... I do not require that... I help my neighbor when I can, I do the right thing when no one is looking or will ever know what I did.... As I have said before... Doing the Honorable thing Only because you have fear of punishment or promise of reward is not an Honorable person... If you Only give charity because they make a little sign with your name on it to stick on a wall then you have no Honor... While You may think all around you require some future reward to the right thing, that speaks more to your bubble of people you associate with than reality as those I know by far do the Right Thing when no one is looking... And My bubble includes Believers and Non Believers alike....
Not stupid

Bowling Green, KY

#91623 Nov 22, 2012
None of you christians around here became christian you were raised that way u read the idiotic king james bible which is edited to favor his shitty life choices, christianity is the most ripped off religion , horus bday is dec 25 not jesus , religion is for stupid people and the weak, you cannot accept that our existence is accidental , science and energy are real, i dont need a shiddy written book to live life the right way
kci athussos

Williamsburg, KY

#91624 Nov 22, 2012

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91625 Nov 22, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
"Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding, and whatever it sees must be put out of sight and ... know nothing but the word of God."
martin luther
"There is another form of temptation, even more fraught with danger. This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives us to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which can avail us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
st. augustine
"I do further promise and declare, that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly or openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Liberals, as I am directed to do and to extirpate and exterminate them from the face of the whole earth, and that I will spare neither sex, age nor condition and that I will hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women and crush their infants' heads against the wall, in order to annihilate forever their execrable race."
pope paul the third
See this is religion, you cant fix stupid and religion is stupid.
Good post, happy TD, LOL

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#91626 Nov 22, 2012
Germany was founded on christianity according to a christian, heres his take on it,

"The National Government will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life."
adolf hitler

You christians must be proud, the morality of a christian nation and its leader.

#91627 Nov 22, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
Quantummist, I speak what is put upon my heart. For the gates of Hell will be held wide open for some, for those who wants to believe other wise.
And there in is the rub... Your Heart pumps blood to oxygenate your body... The concept that the Heart did more is from the days when it was cut from the human body as sacrifice... The Brain is what should be used to learn the realities of the human condition.... The Fear of Punishment by being thrown into a imagined pit of fire is for those that have yet to Learn self worth...

#91628 Nov 22, 2012
kci athussos wrote:
I'm a Hillbilly... I can skin a buck, I can run a trott line.... I can dig the root, I can work the field.... I can live in the forest for years and know the plants and resources to use when needed... I can kill when needed and I can save a life when required...

What I can't do is worry about that which I cannot effect... What we need is More Hillbillies and less Metro's.....

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#91629 Nov 22, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post, happy TD, LOL
You too.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91630 Nov 22, 2012
D_Anderson wrote:
Having to use threats (of Hell) is proof that your god does not exist.
Doing what is right because of threats does not make you good, it makes you a coward who lives in fear.
How can you love and worship that which you fear?
gita skog

Williamsburg, KY

#91631 Nov 22, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Hillbilly... I can skin a buck, I can run a trott line.... I can dig the root, I can work the field.... I can live in the forest for years and know the plants and resources to use when needed... I can kill when needed and I can save a life when required...
What I can't do is worry about that which I cannot effect... What we need is More Hillbillies and less Metro's.....
so you go solely upon the dictates of your belly?

Genesis 3:14
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

man doesn't live by bread alone but by every "utterance" as god.

and so st. patrick drove the serpents out of ireland.

the tau doesn't belong to the christian

http://www.oileanthorai.com/PlacesofInterestA...

#91632 Nov 22, 2012
gita skog wrote:
<quoted text>so you go solely upon the dictates of your belly?
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
No.. I go solely on my and my families bellies... I can live on bread without a belief in some God far longer than I can on a belief in a God without bread...

And Patrick had Nothing to do with snakes in Ireland... That is a Myth....
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91633 Nov 22, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your personal weakness to require threat of punishment or promise of reward after they place coins on your eyes to be a good person.... I do not require that... I help my neighbor when I can, I do the right thing when no one is looking or will ever know what I did.... As I have said before... Doing the Honorable thing Only because you have fear of punishment or promise of reward is not an Honorable person... If you Only give charity because they make a little sign with your name on it to stick on a wall then you have no Honor... While You may think all around you require some future reward to the right thing, that speaks more to your bubble of people you associate with than reality as those I know by far do the Right Thing when no one is looking... And My bubble includes Believers and Non Believers alike....
Do you not see then that you have all the attributes of Love and yet you deny him as well. God is LOVE. Can you not see the evidence of LOVE. If so then you must be able to see the evidence of Hate. Is that not evidence to you?? What you deny is probably that which you already have if what you said in your post is how you live. Somebody apparently somewhere down the road severed the connection for you. I'm just trying to help reconnect the connection by showing where the problem is. Eternal LIFE is REAL, it can be attained if you believe in the ONE that created you, for you did not create the UNIVERSE or yourself.

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91634 Nov 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Having to use threats (of Hell) is proof that your god does not exist.
Doing what is right because of threats does not make you good, it makes you a coward who lives in fear.
How can you love and worship that which you fear?
The Fear is the Beginning, not the end, for Jesus also said Fear NOT. The Fear is facing eternity without the one who gives life, without life there is only death. God is LOVE, and love says you must treat everyone as you would treat yourself lest the enemies you make come and kill you and God because of your unbelief in LOVE gives you over to them to be tormented because it's what you chose.

Luke 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91636 Nov 22, 2012
gita skog wrote:
<quoted text>so you go solely upon the dictates of your belly?
Where did he say that? And posting bible verses to prove the bible is like reading a comic book to prove batman

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91637 Nov 22, 2012
<quoted text>
The Fear is the Beginning, not the end, for Jesus also said Fear NOT. The Fear is facing eternity without the one who gives life, without life there is only death. God is LOVE, and love says you must treat everyone as you would treat yourself lest the enemies you make come and kill you and God because of your unbelief in LOVE gives you over to them to be tormented because it's what you chose.
Luke 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
I do not understand how any one believes that crap.
Your god is love? Man you have never read the bible have you?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91638 Nov 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Do you not see then that you have all the attributes of Love and yet you deny him as well. God is LOVE. Can you not see the evidence of LOVE. If so then you must be able to see the evidence of Hate. Is that not evidence to you?? What you deny is probably that which you already have if what you said in your post is how you live. Somebody apparently somewhere down the road severed the connection for you. I'm just trying to help reconnect the connection by showing where the problem is. Eternal LIFE is REAL, it can be attained if you believe in the ONE that created you, for you did not create the UNIVERSE or yourself.
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
When watching Peter Pan as a child it was OK to clap for Tinkerbell, but as an adult it is silly

“There is no god”

War, WV

#91639 Nov 22, 2012
Why the christian cult should not be allowed to spread its lies

http://www.news-press.com/viewart/20121122/NE... |topnews|text|

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing from child's grave 38 min Coke And A Smile 23
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr ole Joe 7,392
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr John316 155,559
ItsBarbourville on ustream 1 hr neo cons cant 2
Girls at Flatlick Dolar General? 2 hr friend 19
McDonald's 2 hr j j j 8
Mindless Democrats 2 hr neo cons cant 3
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance