Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,391)

Showing posts 87,801 - 87,820 of122,999
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91599
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is the Universe could care less we microscopic humans observe it, model it or even if we exist... It will go happily along with out us as it did long before us... Giving the Human Mind more power over reality than it actually has is just the Human Ego at play....
Religion is just the Human Ego attempting to give the believer greatness... Human Ego strives to be Important in the universe and religion allows it to feel superior, to Believe that it is so important that a all knowing, all powerful being made it the pentacle of all creation... It give the Feeling of being better than others that do not fit someones human ego position of import...
When in Reality Human Kind is as a mite on a flea on a fly on a bird on a elephants back that's standing in a vast landscape filled with elephants covered with birds...
Well said and the very truth of the human existence. We are a grain of sand on an endless beach. The vastness of the universe makes mankind nugatory
nagaraja

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91600
Nov 22, 2012
 
Quantummist wrote:
samadhi

the place we call home

moksha, karma, samsara, dharma

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91601
Nov 22, 2012
 
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I thank Him for bringing the poor misguided out of the dark ages, using the Bible.
That's what happens when only a few are aloud to read it, and then preach their version. Just look at the JW, they would have you to never vote again, and kill all the babies you didn't want. Our Forefathers seen that, and that's why this country will never restrict the Bible.
So I give thanks to our Lord and Savoir, and the way He used the Bible to make this a great nation. If it were up to atheist, muslims, JW, and some of these other false religions nowadays, we would be back in the dark ages. Let there be Light.
The people whom used their intellect brought man out of the dark ages, they fought against your cult to do so. You spin a web of fantasy to elevate yourself. If it was up to the christian cult we would be in the dark ages again. Thank Satan that your cult is dying

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91602
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

ananta wrote:
<quoted text>yet it didn't go happily along without us, did it?
and yet some believe they are the epitome of de facto intelligence.
Yes it did... It went on 15 Billion years before we existed and will go on 15 billion years after we are nothing by em waves traversing the quantum universe...

Intelligence begins with understanding humans know far less than they know they know.... "epitome of de facto intelligence" is relative....
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91603
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is the Universe could care less we microscopic humans observe it, model it or even if we exist... It will go happily along with out us as it did long before us... Giving the Human Mind more power over reality than it actually has is just the Human Ego at play....
Religion is just the Human Ego attempting to give the believer greatness... Human Ego strives to be Important in the universe and religion allows it to feel superior, to Believe that it is so important that a all knowing, all powerful being made it the pentacle of all creation... It give the Feeling of being better than others that do not fit someones human ego position of import...
When in Reality Human Kind is as a mite on a flea on a fly on a bird on a elephants back that's standing in a vast landscape filled with elephants covered with birds...
Unknown to the Wise, when one throws out God he throws out his own purpose, that is why they can find no Purpose. And without purpose there is nothing, and they no longer matter. Their time is short, their days are numbered, and misery loves company.

You can Learn a Lot from a Dummy.
naddred

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91604
Nov 22, 2012
 
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The people whom used their intellect brought man out of the dark ages, they fought against your cult to do so. You spin a web of fantasy to elevate yourself. If it was up to the christian cult we would be in the dark ages again. Thank Satan that your cult is dying
shaitan

http://www.inner.org/healing/healing35.htm

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91605
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

nagaraja wrote:
<quoted text>samadhi
the place we call home
moksha, karma, samsara, dharma
I call it Kentucky....
gnadir

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91606
Nov 22, 2012
 
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The people whom used their intellect brought man out of the dark ages, they fought against your cult to do so. You spin a web of fantasy to elevate yourself. If it was up to the christian cult we would be in the dark ages again. Thank Satan that your cult is dying
Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

somewhere between the dark and the light.

in order to be whole ONE cannot be a separatist

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91607
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Unknown to the Wise, when one throws out God he throws out his own purpose, that is why they can find no Purpose. And without purpose there is nothing, and they no longer matter. Their time is short, their days are numbered, and misery loves company.
You can Learn a Lot from a Dummy.
Now that is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.
If we do not mindlessly worship your god we have no purpose? Tell me what purpose do you have? To mindlessly worship? You must have a very low I.Q.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91608
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

gnadir wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
somewhere between the dark and the light.
in order to be whole ONE cannot be a separatist
The bible is not proof, it is the claim

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91609
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Unknown to the Wise, when one throws out God he throws out his own purpose, that is why they can find no Purpose. And without purpose there is nothing, and they no longer matter. Their time is short, their days are numbered, and misery loves company.
You can Learn a Lot from a Dummy.
Horsey Puckey Doo Doo....

I have Purpose, I have no need for the Belief that some all powerful being will reward me or punish me for me to do the right thing when no one is looking... That's only required by those that have no self worth, no self direction, no self control... Religion is for those that require outside control of their lives.... "I reject that reality and insert my own"....

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91610
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

naddred wrote:
ROTFLMFAO
How silly

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91611
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

God bless every one, Happy ThanksGiving.
ophis

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91612
Nov 22, 2012
 
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it did... It went on 15 Billion years before we existed and will go on 15 billion years after we are nothing by em waves traversing the quantum universe...
Intelligence begins with understanding humans know far less than they know they know.... "epitome of de facto intelligence" is relative....
but isn't that only what we really are? em? have always been, will always be?

somethings vibrating faster at higher octaves and some at lower octaves?

phanes

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91613
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

God in ones life is a blessing Quantummist, either you believe or you do not. That up to you, but on the day our God returns to take people home. Then you will wish you had Him in your life all the time, God bless you n show you mercey. I will pray for you, He knows who you are, even if I do not.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91614
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Now that is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.
If we do not mindlessly worship your god we have no purpose? Tell me what purpose do you have? To mindlessly worship? You must have a very low I.Q.
God is Love without partiality and without partiality. He does not dwell in Temples made with hands, he dwells in You my friend, you just have to let him take charge, LOVE I mean.

Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as a little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
serpen

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91615
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is not proof, it is the claim
i've read the bible. the bible doesn't make claims of ABSOLUTE, people do.

no book could claim to be the ABSOLUTE and last authority on a subject, not even one of scientific purport.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91616
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

This is a great idea!!! Go Democrats!! Wooooohooooo ;)
nargal

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91617
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMFAO
How silly
http://gblt.webs.com/Druids.htm

joseph of arimathea

http://www.cartage.org.lb/en/themes/GeogHist/...

http://phoenicia.org/britmines.html
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91618
Nov 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsey Puckey Doo Doo....
I have Purpose, I have no need for the Belief that some all powerful being will reward me or punish me for me to do the right thing when no one is looking... That's only required by those that have no self worth, no self direction, no self control... Religion is for those that require outside control of their lives.... "I reject that reality and insert my own"....
What purpose is that, educate others that there is no hope of anything at all after they pass on. Without that hope, there is no reason to strive to be a good person, Because being a good person is not easy in this world. In Fact it is near impossible for many who were not blessed with such an intellect as yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,801 - 87,820 of122,999
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

141 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Guss need a hug 1 min Scat 19
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 9 min lo lo 81,232
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 11 min TOASTup 3,442
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 13 min TOASTup 3,689
Have a Wonderful Easter! 14 min gator catcher 3
whos the girl 20 min hmmm 2
lamon jones 24 min cat 35
Corey vs. Collins 48 min Truth 67
Citys easter Egg hunt what a Joke !!!!!! 3 hr Funny 17
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••