Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
87,781 - 87,800 of 130,307 Comments Last updated 48 min ago

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Christians rape little boys.. Just like Christians stand on the street corner during Veterans funerals screaming they deserved to die... Just like Christians that give poisoned Kool aid to 900 Believing men, women and children...
To those with working brains... I actually don't think those things are thing all Christians do... I and most people that have a thread of honest integrity knows that the Claim of Christianity of a few that do bad stuff is not a brush to paint all...
For 7th... You reply is a piece of the Evidence of Hypocrisy I spoke of before... But I actually don't expect you to understand it... That requires Intellectual Honesty... A characteristic you show a lack of....
I agree that not all christians should be judged by what others, just like there are freaks who try to imitate Hollywood Satanist.
I have no problem with the few christians who TRY to live by their beliefs, but the majority who use the christian religion to justify themselves and elevate themselves above other I condemn. That is the christian cult, not the christian religion.
More evil has been done by people who raise themselves up above others and justify their evil through "gods will" I will always stand in the way of these freaks and (adversary) Satan towards their evil intent.
ananta

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is the Universe could care less we microscopic humans observe it, model it or even if we exist... It will go happily along with out us as it did long before us... Giving the Human Mind more power over reality than it actually has is just the Human Ego at play....
Religion is just the Human Ego attempting to give the believer greatness... Human Ego strives to be Important in the universe and religion allows it to feel superior, to Believe that it is so important that a all knowing, all powerful being made it the pentacle of all creation... It give the Feeling of being better than others that do not fit someones human ego position of import...
When in Reality Human Kind is as a mite on a flea on a fly on a bird on a elephants back that's standing in a vast landscape filled with elephants covered with birds...
yet it didn't go happily along without us, did it?

and yet some believe they are the epitome of de facto intelligence.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

JustOne wrote:
Lord knows we need strong voices in support of Judeo-Christian values, not only because they are demonstrably superior to the alternative, but also as an antidote to the rampant narcissism that pervades our culture. Jews have a particular standing to defend the need for justice in this life given the injustices to which they are constantly subjected. I have achieved a lot in this life, and am thankful for the fruits of my labor. And while I will continue to strive to live my life as if I will be measured by what I have done with the great gifts I have been given, I will pause on Thanksgiving to give thanks for the fact that I born into one of the greatest societies man has even known, built on the sacrifice and toil of generations before me. I wish all a Thanksgiving with family and loved ones. May our God bless our nation and judge our leaders. This is a day of thanks for all the many people of the U.S.A. Happy Thanksgiving!
Superior to the alternative? Raping children, murder, killing innocent babies is superior? Te history of your cult is filled with evil hate and perversion, so now you want to say "we do not do that any more" and be different? Sorry, history shows the character of your cult.
Today is a day where we thanked the Native Americans for the help they gave us by showing us which foods are good and how to grow them, you know before we committed mass genocide and killed most of them to steal their land

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is the Universe could care less we microscopic humans observe it, model it or even if we exist... It will go happily along with out us as it did long before us... Giving the Human Mind more power over reality than it actually has is just the Human Ego at play....
Religion is just the Human Ego attempting to give the believer greatness... Human Ego strives to be Important in the universe and religion allows it to feel superior, to Believe that it is so important that a all knowing, all powerful being made it the pentacle of all creation... It give the Feeling of being better than others that do not fit someones human ego position of import...
When in Reality Human Kind is as a mite on a flea on a fly on a bird on a elephants back that's standing in a vast landscape filled with elephants covered with birds...
Well said and the very truth of the human existence. We are a grain of sand on an endless beach. The vastness of the universe makes mankind nugatory
nagaraja

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
samadhi

the place we call home

moksha, karma, samsara, dharma

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I thank Him for bringing the poor misguided out of the dark ages, using the Bible.
That's what happens when only a few are aloud to read it, and then preach their version. Just look at the JW, they would have you to never vote again, and kill all the babies you didn't want. Our Forefathers seen that, and that's why this country will never restrict the Bible.
So I give thanks to our Lord and Savoir, and the way He used the Bible to make this a great nation. If it were up to atheist, muslims, JW, and some of these other false religions nowadays, we would be back in the dark ages. Let there be Light.
The people whom used their intellect brought man out of the dark ages, they fought against your cult to do so. You spin a web of fantasy to elevate yourself. If it was up to the christian cult we would be in the dark ages again. Thank Satan that your cult is dying

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

ananta wrote:
<quoted text>yet it didn't go happily along without us, did it?
and yet some believe they are the epitome of de facto intelligence.
Yes it did... It went on 15 Billion years before we existed and will go on 15 billion years after we are nothing by em waves traversing the quantum universe...

Intelligence begins with understanding humans know far less than they know they know.... "epitome of de facto intelligence" is relative....
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Unknown to the Wise, when one throws out God he throws out his own purpose, that is why they can find no Purpose. And without purpose there is nothing, and they no longer matter. Their time is short, their days are numbered, and misery loves company.

You can Learn a Lot from a Dummy.
naddred

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The people whom used their intellect brought man out of the dark ages, they fought against your cult to do so. You spin a web of fantasy to elevate yourself. If it was up to the christian cult we would be in the dark ages again. Thank Satan that your cult is dying
shaitan

http://www.inner.org/healing/healing35.htm

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

nagaraja wrote:
<quoted text>samadhi
the place we call home
moksha, karma, samsara, dharma
I call it Kentucky....
gnadir

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The people whom used their intellect brought man out of the dark ages, they fought against your cult to do so. You spin a web of fantasy to elevate yourself. If it was up to the christian cult we would be in the dark ages again. Thank Satan that your cult is dying
Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

somewhere between the dark and the light.

in order to be whole ONE cannot be a separatist

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Unknown to the Wise, when one throws out God he throws out his own purpose, that is why they can find no Purpose. And without purpose there is nothing, and they no longer matter. Their time is short, their days are numbered, and misery loves company.
Now that is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.
If we do not mindlessly worship your god we have no purpose? Tell me what purpose do you have? To mindlessly worship? You must have a very low I.Q.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

gnadir wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
somewhere between the dark and the light.
in order to be whole ONE cannot be a separatist
The bible is not proof, it is the claim

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsey Puckey Doo Doo....

I have Purpose, I have no need for the Belief that some all powerful being will reward me or punish me for me to do the right thing when no one is looking... That's only required by those that have no self worth, no self direction, no self control... Religion is for those that require outside control of their lives.... "I reject that reality and insert my own"....

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

naddred wrote:
ROTFLMFAO
How silly

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

God bless every one, Happy ThanksGiving.
ophis

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it did... It went on 15 Billion years before we existed and will go on 15 billion years after we are nothing by em waves traversing the quantum universe...
Intelligence begins with understanding humans know far less than they know they know.... "epitome of de facto intelligence" is relative....
but isn't that only what we really are? em? have always been, will always be?

somethings vibrating faster at higher octaves and some at lower octaves?

phanes

“What Ever”

Since: Oct 09

For Me To Know

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

God in ones life is a blessing Quantummist, either you believe or you do not. That up to you, but on the day our God returns to take people home. Then you will wish you had Him in your life all the time, God bless you n show you mercey. I will pray for you, He knows who you are, even if I do not.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Now that is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.
If we do not mindlessly worship your god we have no purpose? Tell me what purpose do you have? To mindlessly worship? You must have a very low I.Q.
God is Love without partiality and without partiality. He does not dwell in Temples made with hands, he dwells in You my friend, you just have to let him take charge, LOVE I mean.

Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as a little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Cornelius Scudmister 150,197
Charmaine 53 min who 3
Lesb or Bi 1 hr Looking 3
House cleaning 1 hr julie 6
Need Prayer 3 hr JJW 2
who knows Lecora Smith???? 3 hr just wondering 5
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SLY WEST 3,476

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••