Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
87,761 - 87,780 of 129,058 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
oQQo

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

The turkey is Satan's peacock.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving to all,
and
God Bless!
To you and yours as well....
Just for today as we gather around our tables, may our hearts be warm and proud that our bellies are feed , our loved ones are near, and health is upon us. Eat well all, for there are those , that see only one meal a day , and will never know the pleasure of these feast some of us will enjoy today..
Shall all those hungry be feed.
Shall all those cold be warm.
Shall all those sick be well.
Shall all those hurt , be safe.
Shall all those homeless, have shelter.
Shall we all think of each other, if only for today.
Happy Thanksgiving.....

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Happy turkey day to all you atheists and brownsville, the rest of you idiots can just poof on out of here, the rupture, poof, lmao.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, what about the cursades and millions killed in Jesus name after the death of Jesus, you thank him for that? I thank science and progress for taking us out of the dark ages of paganism. Breaking the spell of religion to become a secular nation free of religious theocracies. We are still progressing and hopefully will end the brain washing of children by religious leaders that stop our progress.
The truth burns the christians, they cant handle the truth so they hide behind faith.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

"Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding, and whatever it sees must be put out of sight and ... know nothing but the word of God."
martin luther

"There is another form of temptation, even more fraught with danger. This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives us to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which can avail us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
st. augustine

"I do further promise and declare, that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly or openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Liberals, as I am directed to do and to extirpate and exterminate them from the face of the whole earth, and that I will spare neither sex, age nor condition and that I will hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women and crush their infants' heads against the wall, in order to annihilate forever their execrable race."
pope paul the third

See this is religion, you cant fix stupid and religion is stupid.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

LOL in a suit wrote:
Happy turkey day to all you atheists and brownsville, the rest of you idiots can just poof on out of here, the rupture, poof, lmao.
:)

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And since you, yet again, make a stupid comment with nothing to back it up I will ,again, call you a liar.
With the tens of millions of christians raping children I quess that is part of your christian rituals
After all jesus did lay his hands on children, christians just follow their leader.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth burns the christians, they cant handle the truth so they hide behind faith.
And stick their fingers in their ears going "nananana".
Like 7th trump, when presented with truth and fact must side step by attacking the bearer of facts and use misdirection to avoid truth.
Why must people delude themselves with such utter delusions?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are, and in my Opinion wrongly so... I can have a 1000 Thoughts, does not specify what I Know... I can have many and varied opinion, Does not specifically state what I do or do not Know... But to Believe requires Faith in what You think You Know that you then state as more a religious statement than evidenced fact....
One could argue that opinion is based on intellectual IQ and belief is bolstered by emotional IQ. In either case, the thought of the subject is that they think they "know" the "truth".

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, what about the cursades and millions killed in Jesus name after the death of Jesus, you thank him for that? I thank science and progress for taking us out of the dark ages of paganism. Breaking the spell of religion to become a secular nation free of religious theocracies. We are still progressing and hopefully will end the brain washing of children by religious leaders that stop our progress.
I thank Him for bringing the poor misguided out of the dark ages, using the Bible.

That's what happens when only a few are aloud to read it, and then preach their version. Just look at the JW, they would have you to never vote again, and kill all the babies you didn't want. Our Forefathers seen that, and that's why this country will never restrict the Bible.

So I give thanks to our Lord and Savoir, and the way He used the Bible to make this a great nation. If it were up to atheist, muslims, JW, and some of these other false religions nowadays, we would be back in the dark ages. Let there be Light.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert
I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD. "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.
The men of Israel withdrew through the territory of the Benjaminites, putting to the sword the inhabitants of the city, the livestock, and all they chanced upon. Moreover they destroyed by fire all the cities they came upon
HOW IS IT THAT CHRISTIANS CALL THEIR EVIL BLOOD LUSTING HATE FILLED GOD GOOD?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert
I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD. "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.
The men of Israel withdrew through the territory of the Benjaminites, putting to the sword the inhabitants of the city, the livestock, and all they chanced upon. Moreover they destroyed by fire all the cities they came upon
HOW IS IT THAT CHRISTIANS CALL THEIR EVIL BLOOD LUSTING HATE FILLED GOD GOOD?
They lie?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Just like you explained how satanic rituals didn't call for molesting children? Thanks for not understanding that for me either!
Just like Christians rape little boys.. Just like Christians stand on the street corner during Veterans funerals screaming they deserved to die... Just like Christians that give poisoned Kool aid to 900 Believing men, women and children...

To those with working brains... I actually don't think those things are thing all Christians do... I and most people that have a thread of honest integrity knows that the Claim of Christianity of a few that do bad stuff is not a brush to paint all...
For 7th... You reply is a piece of the Evidence of Hypocrisy I spoke of before... But I actually don't expect you to understand it... That requires Intellectual Honesty... A characteristic you show a lack of....

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Heres a christian and the christians opinion on religion in schools,

"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such a school has no religious instruction and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith ... We need believing people."
adolf hitler

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
One could argue that opinion is based on intellectual IQ and belief is bolstered by emotional IQ. In either case, the thought of the subject is that they think they "know" the "truth".
I come from the point of view that Thinking one Knows the Truth in the absence of validated evidence is the basis of a religion .... and Equals Belief...

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Christians rape little boys.. Just like Christians stand on the street corner during Veterans funerals screaming they deserved to die... Just like Christians that give poisoned Kool aid to 900 Believing men, women and children...
To those with working brains... I actually don't think those things are thing all Christians do... I and most people that have a thread of honest integrity knows that the Claim of Christianity of a few that do bad stuff is not a brush to paint all...
For 7th... You reply is a piece of the Evidence of Hypocrisy I spoke of before... But I actually don't expect you to understand it... That requires Intellectual Honesty... A characteristic you show a lack of....
Hi Quantummist, good post, when someone watches bad being done and stands aside to let it happen they are just as guilty if not more so.
shesha

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I come from the point of view that Thinking one Knows the Truth in the absence of validated evidence is the basis of a religion .... and Equals Belief...
kind of like schrodinger's thought paradox, or the buddhist idea of thoughts are things and what you think you become? be careful of what you assimilate.

mind is everything.
JustOne

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Lord knows we need strong voices in support of Judeo-Christian values, not only because they are demonstrably superior to the alternative, but also as an antidote to the rampant narcissism that pervades our culture. Jews have a particular standing to defend the need for justice in this life given the injustices to which they are constantly subjected. I have achieved a lot in this life, and am thankful for the fruits of my labor. And while I will continue to strive to live my life as if I will be measured by what I have done with the great gifts I have been given, I will pause on Thanksgiving to give thanks for the fact that I born into one of the greatest societies man has even known, built on the sacrifice and toil of generations before me. I wish all a Thanksgiving with family and loved ones. May our God bless our nation and judge our leaders. This is a day of thanks for all the many people of the U.S.A. Happy Thanksgiving!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

shesha wrote:
<quoted text>kind of like schrodinger's thought paradox, or the buddhist idea of thoughts are things and what you think you become? be careful of what you assimilate.
mind is everything.
Reality is the Universe could care less we microscopic humans observe it, model it or even if we exist... It will go happily along with out us as it did long before us... Giving the Human Mind more power over reality than it actually has is just the Human Ego at play....

Religion is just the Human Ego attempting to give the believer greatness... Human Ego strives to be Important in the universe and religion allows it to feel superior, to Believe that it is so important that a all knowing, all powerful being made it the pentacle of all creation... It give the Feeling of being better than others that do not fit someones human ego position of import...

When in Reality Human Kind is as a mite on a flea on a fly on a bird on a elephants back that's standing in a vast landscape filled with elephants covered with birds...
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
It's hardto tell what your poor misguided JW bible says about anything. It has strayed so far away from the true Word, that I'm sure it doesn't care if you kill a child or not. But, thanks for the info. If any Christian reads your post, you make it pretty clear what your Michaelian bible teaches. I guess that's what happens when you start worshipping angels!
Why don't you do yourself a favor and check the same information in your King James Version....but be sure to check it with your manuscripts to make sure the KJV is not misleading you!

Known Fact wrote:
Just for the record...Jehovah's Witnesses do not worship angels. I think maybe you have us confused with your religion. Jesus said,"it is Jehovah your God you must worship and to him alone you should render sacred service." Matthew 4:10

Ignorance is Dangerous Reply:
This is what I'm talking about. The both of you have posted very good information in the past, and people can learn from both of you, But how is it that you two are still divided. I'll will tell you why, you hold your loyality to whichever man made organization taught you, instead of the One that taught the organization in the very beginning. There are Angels and there are Demons and there is God and there is Man. The whole reason we are all in a Mess is because so many get confused about which one to follow. We are all basically saying the same root things, because they all originally came from God, but we always seem to, somewhere down the road, forget who started the whole thing, and get caught up following something or someone else that may have a slightly different interpretation than someone or something else might have. Pride steps in, good ole Satan himself, blinds us from the LOVE of GOD, and we begin to divide ourselves up over rediculous issues and traditions that Christ himself referred to as "gnats"

Matthew 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Matthew 7:12 Therefore ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER YE WOULD that men should do to you, DO YE even so to them: for THIS IS THE LAW and the prophets.

Matthew 18:20 For WHERE TWO OR THREE are gathered together IN MY NAME, THERE AM I in the MIDST of them.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them,(((Destroy this Temple))), and in three days I will raise it up.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth NOT in Temples made with hands; who in TIMES PAST (((suffered))) ALL NATIONS to walk in THEIR OWN WAYS. Acts 14:15,16.

1 Corinthians 3:15,16 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
16 Know ye not that YE are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in YOU?

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that OVERCOMETH shall NOT BE HURT of THE SECOND DEATH.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min heres 147,385
danny jordan.woman user 21 min bcc65 1
Teresa Johnson and Rex 33 min wondering 12
Lasha Hoskins (Jun '09) 52 min friend 11
chicken fight felony 1 hr Joe Kerr 11
Our guys.... not the best guy 1 hr plain facts 14
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Anne52 81,567
john sowders 5 hr she will 15
New club in Barbourville? 12 hr Bville resident 20