Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
87,721 - 87,740 of 130,289 Comments Last updated 42 min ago

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
In Judaism, a fetus is regarded as a pre-human. A fetus becomes fully human only after it has half-emerged from the birth canal.
Genesis 2:7 God made Adam's body out of the dust of the earth. Later, the "man became a living soul" only after God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life."
Following this reasoning, a newborn would become human after it starts breathing. If a fetus is only potentially human, then an abortion would not terminate the life of a human person. The most important word in the Hebrew Scriptures that was used to describe a person was "nephesh;" it appears 755 times in the Old Testament.
It is translated as "living soul" in the above passage. One scholar, H.W. Wolff, 1 believes that the word's root means "to breath." He argues that during Old Testament times, "Living creatures are in this way exactly defined in Hebrew as creatures that breathe."
So Hewbrew scriptures show life occurs after leaving the birth canal and first breath is taken.
Does Yahweh abort babies answer is yes.
see: Hosea 13:16
Can Yahweh be tried with evil for doing so. No
see: James 1:13
If the christian god where to be tried for evil the charges would fill up the trial docket for years

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>What I can not find is anything that you have told the truth about.
Please tell me where any Satanic book says to harm children. You lie about that a lot.
Your satanic bible encourages you to follow your rituals, and we all know what some of them are, if not, just do a quick google search on how many children have reported you sicko's for molesting them, not counting the ones you sicko's have murdered.

Didn't you notice how the great and noble Q commented on me saying your satanic bible and rituals call for molestation. Once I told the noble Q to google search rituals, he didn't have much to say after that, matter of fact, he didn't comment back at all. I guess even the great one can still even learn something new.

So anyway, there goes your calling me a liar again. You can keep searching if you like, but just because you disagree with me, doesn't mean I'm lying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
In Judaism, a fetus is regarded as a pre-human. A fetus becomes fully human only after it has half-emerged from the birth canal.
Genesis 2:7 God made Adam's body out of the dust of the earth. Later, the "man became a living soul" only after God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life."
Following this reasoning, a newborn would become human after it starts breathing. If a fetus is only potentially human, then an abortion would not terminate the life of a human person. The most important word in the Hebrew Scriptures that was used to describe a person was "nephesh;" it appears 755 times in the Old Testament.
It is translated as "living soul" in the above passage. One scholar, H.W. Wolff, 1 believes that the word's root means "to breath." He argues that during Old Testament times, "Living creatures are in this way exactly defined in Hebrew as creatures that breathe."
So Hewbrew scriptures show life occurs after leaving the birth canal and first breath is taken.
Does Yahweh abort babies answer is yes.
see: Hosea 13:16
Can Yahweh be tried with evil for doing so. No
see: James 1:13
If I'm not mistaken, you forgot to mention in the New Testament where John the Baptist lept in the womb, when Mary came around him. You all will look for any reason to kill a baby, won't ya?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm not mistaken, you forgot to mention in the New Testament where John the Baptist lept in the womb, when Mary came around him. You all will look for any reason to kill a baby, won't ya?
Does Jehovah view the life of a child as precious even during the very early stages of development after conception?
Ps. 139:13-16:“You [Jehovah] kept me screened off in the belly of my mother.. . . Your eyes saw even the embryo of me, and in your book all its parts were down in writing.”
Has God ever stated that a person would be called to account for injury to an unborn child?
Ex. 21:22, 23:“In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul.”(Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Abortion
Definition: Abortion is the expulsion of an embryo or a fetus that is not normally able to live outside the womb. Spontaneous abortion or miscarriage may result from human imperfection or from an accident. Deliberately induced abortion simply to avoid the birth of an unwanted child is the willful taking of human life.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Your satanic bible encourages you to follow your rituals, and we all know what some of them are, if not, just do a quick google search on how many children have reported you sicko's for molesting them, not counting the ones you sicko's have murdered.
Didn't you notice how the great and noble Q commented on me saying your satanic bible and rituals call for molestation. Once I told the noble Q to google search rituals, he didn't have much to say after that, matter of fact, he didn't comment back at all. I guess even the great one can still even learn something new.
So anyway, there goes your calling me a liar again. You can keep searching if you like, but just because you disagree with me, doesn't mean I'm lying.
And there you go lying again, or are you calling me a catholic priest?
Now all of the websites that say we kill animals and children are owned by christian churches trying to use scare tactics....oh wait, you freaks are the ones who killed animals and children.
That is one form of lying. You are a sorry liar.
Oh no, a Google search of religion sex children brings up millions of results for...christians!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
Abortion
Definition: Abortion is the expulsion of an embryo or a fetus that is not normally able to live outside the womb. Spontaneous abortion or miscarriage may result from human imperfection or from an accident. Deliberately induced abortion simply to avoid the birth of an unwanted child is the willful taking of human life.
So, you're saying that the fetuses that are cut from the womb by orders of Jehovah to his military garrison, that "the innocent ones" the was slain was not murder committed by Jehovah and does not violate his own laws given to his people.

Jehovah cannot be tried for evil because he has immunity from prosecution by his two buddies of the triune "God Head" because they have giving him immunity.

Looks like christians are in denial about certain qualites of God.

You then are for anyone to be put to death for accidently harming a fetus I surmise by your comments, or a least life in prison without parole?

I would love to hear your comments on this.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Your satanic bible encourages you to follow your rituals, and we all know what some of them are, if not, just do a quick google search on how many children have reported you sicko's for molesting them, not counting the ones you sicko's have murdered.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L ist_of_scandals_involving_evan gelical_Christians
http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...
https://www.google.com/webhp...

NOW YOU WILL WANT TO SAY THAT i SHOULD NOT JUDGE BY WHAT A FEW DO, BUT TENS OF MILLIONS?

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm not mistaken, you forgot to mention in the New Testament where John the Baptist lept in the womb, when Mary came around him. You all will look for any reason to kill a baby, won't ya?
For you to be consistant, what penalty would you want for a person who accidently caused a abortion? Death or prison, maybe just say to the judge "I repent" and be forgiven?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to be consistant, what penalty would you want for a person who accidently caused a abortion? Death or prison, maybe just say to the judge "I repent" and be forgiven?
Only upper middle class or wealthy white men/women can be forgiven. Death to every one else.(if they could still get away with killing people)
The god of the christian cult does not love any one but them, that is why millions of innocent children starve while god makes them richer.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Satanic Priest wrote:
I am not saying YOU 7th trump, but your cult has a thing about fu cking children.
YAA gets off on the story about Lot because like Lot YAA has sex with his own daughter

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

7th Trump wrote:
You also forgot to say "we are not under mosaic law" if we were then Satanic priest would be put to death also, witches would be burn alive. Sorry, but you don't get your wish.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought, opinion and belief are frequently interchangeable terms - and knowing is often the antonym of understanding.
Yes they are, and in my Opinion wrongly so... I can have a 1000 Thoughts, does not specify what I Know... I can have many and varied opinion, Does not specifically state what I do or do not Know... But to Believe requires Faith in what You think You Know that you then state as more a religious statement than evidenced fact....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>You're always talking about proof, prove where I'm a hypocrite. Not that I give two shakes if you believe it, but because you're always wanting to prove something!
You are Specifically Wrong.. I never talk of Proof except to explain it's misuse as a term... As I have said before in Science the term Proof Only exists in Mathematics as a non subjective term... In All other uses it is Subjective... I Speak of Evidence.... All one needs to do is review your posts in this thread to see the Evidence of your hypocrisy..

I can give one piece of Evidence to a person and that person subjectively may consider the Evidence enough to call a claim Proven... I can give 10,000 pieces of Evidence to another person and they may not consider the Evidence enough to raise the level they consider the claim Proven... Hence the Concept of Proof or Proven is Subjective... Evidence is Not.. Evidence is testable, Verifiable, reproducible... And I do not Prove anything.. I only say that your Evidence you have typed over time is enough for Me, subjectively, to judge you a hypocrite... As A Scientist I leave other to scroll back through the thread and verify the Evidence in your posts and subjectively judge for themselves.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Jehovah view the life of a child as precious even during the very early stages of development after conception?
Ps. 139:13-16:“You [Jehovah] kept me screened off in the belly of my mother.. . . Your eyes saw even the embryo of me, and in your book all its parts were down in writing.”
Has God ever stated that a person would be called to account for injury to an unborn child?
Ex. 21:22, 23:“In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul.”(Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)
It's hard to tell what your poor misguided JW bible says about anything. It has strayed so far away from the true Word, that I'm sure it doesn't care if you kill a child or not.

But, thanks for the info. If any Christian reads your post, you make it pretty clear what your Michaelian bible teaches. I guess that's what happens when you start worshipping angels!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain accidentally caused abortion.

You have to be judged by man's law. I can't judge what you do, but sooner or later you will be judged. I would hope you would have Christ on your side.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You also forgot to say "we are not under mosaic law" if we were then Satanic priest would be put to death also, witches would be burn alive. Sorry, but you don't get your wish.
Thank God we're not under Mosaic Law, we would all be in bad shape, myself included.

I thank Jesus for that, who do you thank? Darwin, or yourself?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Specifically Wrong.. I never talk of Proof except to explain it's misuse as a term... As I have said before in Science the term Proof Only exists in Mathematics as a non subjective term... In All other uses it is Subjective... I Speak of Evidence.... All one needs to do is review your posts in this thread to see the Evidence of your hypocrisy..
I can give one piece of Evidence to a person and that person subjectively may consider the Evidence enough to call a claim Proven... I can give 10,000 pieces of Evidence to another person and they may not consider the Evidence enough to raise the level they consider the claim Proven... Hence the Concept of Proof or Proven is Subjective... Evidence is Not.. Evidence is testable, Verifiable, reproducible... And I do not Prove anything.. I only say that your Evidence you have typed over time is enough for Me, subjectively, to judge you a hypocrite... As A Scientist I leave other to scroll back through the thread and verify the Evidence in your posts and subjectively judge for themselves.....
Just as I thought you would say. Alot of big words for "I don't have squat"!
founding fathers did not

Kermit, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

found this country on christian beliefs. they founded it so that no one would be persecuted for their religion. if you're going to teach one religion in school then you should teach them all. most are very similar anyway and speak of love and peace, but all anyone wants to do in the name of religion is kill and hate.
more wars fought and people have been killed over 'christianity.'
schools should teach religious diversity and teach our children not to hate others because they are different in any way.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all the expression 'lucifer' is not a name for Satan. The word 'lucifer is nor a name. The word 'lucifer' just means 'shinning one' and in times past was used to describe matches especially the strike anywhere kind!
The word 'lucifer'(shinning one) is used to describe a Babylonian dynasty of rulers. the word only appears once in the King James Version at Isaiah 14:12 You can read 14:4,22,25 and see the prophecy was directed to the kings of Babylon.
So you must also know who these scriptures are referring to:

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Mystery, Babylon the Great is the Luciferian Dynasty, which is coming back to life for a time and times and dividing of times, which comes from the bottomless pit and goeth into Perdition.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min Ari son of Anarchy 150,086
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 1 hr Dental Assistant 41
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,475
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 1 hr Big fan 3
Lesb or Bi 1 hr Good time Sally 2
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 1 hr Just saying 7
Charmaine 2 hr Who 2

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••