Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,146

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91561 Nov 21, 2012
*** 50 Babylon the Great ***
Babylon the Great
Definition: The world empire of false religion, embracing all religions whose teachings and practices do not conform to the true worship of Jehovah, the only true God. Following the Flood of Noah’s day, false religion had its beginning at Babel (later known as Babylon).(Gen. 10:8-10; 11:4-9) In time, Babylonish religious beliefs and practices spread to many lands. So Babylon the Great became a fitting name for false religion as a whole.
What evidence points to the identity of Babylon the Great, referred to in Revelation?
It could not be the ancient city of Babylon. Revelation was written at the end of the first century C.E. and describes events that would reach down to our day. The Encyclopedia Americana says:“The city [Babylon] was taken by the Persians under Cyrus the Great in 539 B.C. Later Alexander the Great planned to make Babylon the capital of his eastern empire, but after his death Babylon gradually lost importance.”(1956, Vol. III, p. 7) Today the city is an uninhabited ruin.

In the symbolism of Revelation, Babylon the Great is referred to as a “great city,” a “kingdom” that rules other kings.(Rev. 17:18) Like a city, it would have many organizations within it; and like a kingdom that includes other kings in its domain, it would be international in scope. It is described as having relations with political rulers and contributing much to the wealth of men in commerce, while itself being a third element that “has become a dwelling place of demons” and a persecutor of “prophets and of holy ones.”—Rev. 18:2, 9-17, 24.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91562 Nov 21, 2012
Babylon the Great is like an immoral harlot, one living in shameless luxury
Revelation 17:1-5 says:“‘Come, I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters [peoples], with whom the kings [political rulers] of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.’. . . And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery:‘Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.’” Revelation 18:7 adds that “she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury.”
Is it not true that the dominant religious organizations have made it a practice to consort with political rulers for power and material gain, though this has resulted in suffering for the common people? Is it not also true that their higher clergy live in luxury, even though many of the people to whom they should minister may be impoverished?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91563 Nov 21, 2012
EXAMPLE:
You can go on line and access the same information:
http://www.insideedition.com/news/6332/inside ..
TV PREACHERS INVESTIGATED
INSIDE EDITION Investigates TV Ministers' Lifestyles
Airdate: 05/24/2011
They are some of the most popular TV preachers in the country, packing their mega churches each week and taking in millions every year. They urge the faithful followers to donate generously and in return the Lord will bring them prosperity.
There's no denying some people have prospered handsomely—the pastors themselves. They live like rock stars with huge mansions, private jets, and fancy cars. Their lifestyles are so lavish, six of them have been investigated by the U.S. Senate.
One preacher, Paula White, lives in multimillion dollar homes in New York City and Tampa, Florida. And another preacher, Creflo Dollar, gets around in style, flying in private jets to preach around the country. He owns a mansion in an exclusive Atlanta suburb.
Not one of them would would sit down for an interview about their opulent lifestyle so INSIDE EDITION's Lisa Guerrero caught up with Creflo Dollar at an event in New York City. She asked him, "How do you justify your million dollar mansions and private jets to your donors?" Dollar had no comment.
But when it comes to opulence, few religious leaders compare to Kenneth Copeland. He lives in an 18,000 square foot home outside Ft. Worth, Texas worth $6 million. It has beautiful water views that comes complete with a boat house. But that's not all.
Copeland is an avid pilot, and his pride and joy is a $20 million Cessna Citation jet. It's the fastest private jet money can buy. He said he needed it to better serve the Lord, and proudly did a fly by for his followers after the church bought it.
But that's not the only plane used by the church. We found a fleet of planes registered to the church. And you won't catch him waiting in line at the airport, because he's got his own. The Kenneth Copeland Airport is located right next to his mansion.
"I think Copeland is unbelievably greedy", said Ole Anthony of the Trinity Foundation, a church watchdog group that worked with the Senate Committee investigating Copeland and other TV preachers..
"Televangelism is a $2 to $3 billion industry, untaxed, unregulated," said Anthony.
That's right—by law, religious groups like Copeland's are exempt from federal taxes, and they don't have to report how they spend their money to anyone.
Copeland and his church takes in tens of millions a year, through donations and selling books and DVD's to his donors.
When Kristi Parker's mother died of cancer, she said she found diaries that showed her mother sent Copeland most of her life's savings, hoping her faith and donations would heal her deadly disease.
"She sent them a lot of money, a whole lot of money", said Parker.
Guerrero asked Parker, "What do you think of Kenneth Copeland's lifestyle?"
"TV doesn't do it justice. Their office furniture is probably worth more than most people's houses. It make you sick." said Parker.
Copeland, like the other preachers investigated by the Senate, refused INSIDE EDITION's request for an interview, so we caught up with him at an event in North Carolina.
Guerrero asked, "Can you explain to us why you are living such a lifestyle of luxury off of church donations?"
An assistant to Copeland said, "We don't have any time for this," and tried to usher Copeland away. At the same time a hotel employee tried to block our camera.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91564 Nov 21, 2012
(cont.)TV Ministers investigated:

Guerrero continued to try to get answers from Copeland.
"Why won't you answer any of our questions? It's a simple questions, sir," said Guerrero.
Copeland then agreed to chat and said, "I'm going to give you a simple answer. My life follows scripture. We've never asked anyone for money. We give. We believe we're open."
Guerrero then asked, "Sir, you have a fleet of private jets. Why is that necessary? How many jets do you have?"
Copeland answered, "That's none of your business."
Right after that he walked away.
Copeland told INSIDE EDITION that he cooperated with the Senate investigation, but the committee disagreed and said Copeland refused to provide the information it requested for its investigation. According to the committee, only two of the preachers did—Joyce Meyer and Benny Hinn. The committee recommended that the IRS look further into the matter.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91565 Nov 21, 2012
You can go on line and access the same information:

http://www.insideedition.com/news/6332/inside ..
TV PREACHERS INVESTIGATED

INSIDE EDITION Investigates TV Ministers' Lifestyles
Airdate: 05/24/2011
They are some of the most popular TV preachers in the country, packing their mega churches each week and taking in millions every year. They urge the faithful followers to donate generously and in return the Lord will bring them prosperity.

There's no denying some people have prospered handsomely—the pastors themselves. They live like rock stars with huge mansions, private jets, and fancy cars. Their lifestyles are so lavish, six of them have been investigated by the U.S. Senate.

One preacher, Paula White, lives in multimillion dollar homes in New York City and Tampa, Florida. And another preacher, Creflo Dollar, gets around in style, flying in private jets to preach around the country. He owns a mansion in an exclusive Atlanta suburb.

Not one of them would would sit down for an interview about their opulent lifestyle so INSIDE EDITION's Lisa Guerrero caught up with Creflo Dollar at an event in New York City. She asked him, "How do you justify your million dollar mansions and private jets to your donors?" Dollar had no comment.

But when it comes to opulence, few religious leaders compare to Kenneth Copeland. He lives in an 18,000 square foot home outside Ft. Worth, Texas worth $6 million. It has beautiful water views that comes complete with a boat house. But that's not all.

Copeland is an avid pilot, and his pride and joy is a $20 million Cessna Citation jet. It's the fastest private jet money can buy. He said he needed it to better serve the Lord, and proudly did a fly by for his followers after the church bought it.

But that's not the only plane used by the church. We found a fleet of planes registered to the church. And you won't catch him waiting in line at the airport, because he's got his own. The Kenneth Copeland Airport is located right next to his mansion.

"I think Copeland is unbelievably greedy", said Ole Anthony of the Trinity Foundation, a church watchdog group that worked with the Senate Committee investigating Copeland and other TV preachers..
"Televangelism is a $2 to $3 billion industry, untaxed, unregulated," said Anthony.

That's right—by law, religious groups like Copeland's are exempt from federal taxes, and they don't have to report how they spend their money to anyone.

Copeland and his church takes in tens of millions a year, through donations and selling books and DVD's to his donors.
When Kristi Parker's mother died of cancer, she said she found diaries that showed her mother sent Copeland most of her life's savings, hoping her faith and donations would heal her deadly disease.

"She sent them a lot of money, a whole lot of money", said Parker.

Guerrero asked Parker, "What do you think of Kenneth Copeland's lifestyle?"

"TV doesn't do it justice. Their office furniture is probably worth more than most people's houses. It make you sick." said Parker.

Copeland, like the other preachers investigated by the Senate, refused INSIDE EDITION's request for an interview, so we caught up with him at an event in North Carolina.

Guerrero asked, "Can you explain to us why you are living such a lifestyle of luxury off of church donations?"

An assistant to Copeland said, "We don't have any time for this," and tried to usher Copeland away. At the same time a hotel employee tried to block our camera.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91566 Nov 21, 2012
(cont.) TV Ministers investigated.

Guerrero continued to try to get answers from Copeland.
"Why won't you answer any of our questions? It's a simple questions, sir," said Guerrero.

Copeland then agreed to chat and said, "I'm going to give you a simple answer. My life follows scripture. We've never asked anyone for money. We give. We believe we're open."

Guerrero then asked, "Sir, you have a fleet of private jets. Why is that necessary? How many jets do you have?"

Copeland answered, "That's none of your business."

Right after that he walked away.

Copeland told INSIDE EDITION that he cooperated with the Senate investigation, but the committee disagreed and said Copeland refused to provide the information it requested for its investigation. According to the committee, only two of the preachers did—Joyce Meyer and Benny Hinn. The committee recommended that the IRS look further into the matter.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91567 Nov 21, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
It's hardto tell what your poor misguided JW bible says about anything. It has strayed so far away from the true Word, that I'm sure it doesn't care if you kill a child or not. But, thanks for the info. If any Christian reads your post, you make it pretty clear what your Michaelian bible teaches. I guess that's what happens when you start worshipping angels!
Why don't you do yourself a favor and check the same information in your King James Version....but be sure to check it with your manuscripts to make sure the KJV is not misleading you!

Just for the record...Jehovah's Witnesses do not worship angels. I think maybe you have us confused with your religion. Jesus said,"it is Jehovah your God you must worship and to him alone you should render sacred service." Matthew 4:10
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91568 Nov 21, 2012
"7th.Trump"
I posted the information again for your quick referrence.
Does Jehovah view the life of a child as precious even during the very early stages of development after conception?
Ps. 139:13-16:“You [Jehovah] kept me screened off in the belly of my mother.... Your eyes saw even the embryo of me, and in your book all its parts were down in writing.”
Has God ever stated that a person would be calledto account for injuryto an unborn child?
Ex. 21:22, 23:“In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he isto have damages imposed upon him without fail accordingto what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul.”(Some translations make it appear that in this lawto Israel the crucial matter was what happenedto the mother, notto the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refersto a fatal accidentto either mother or child.)

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91569 Nov 21, 2012
Known fact wrote:
"7th.Trump"
I posted the information again for your quick referrence.
Does Jehovah view the life of a child as precious even during the very early stages of development after conception?
Ps. 139:13-16:“You [Jehovah] kept me screened off in the belly of my mother.... Your eyes saw even the embryo of me, and in your book all its parts were down in writing.”
Has God ever stated that a person would be calledto account for injuryto an unborn child?
Ex. 21:22, 23:“In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he isto have damages imposed upon him without fail accordingto what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul.”(Some translations make it appear that in this lawto Israel the crucial matter was what happenedto the mother, notto the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refersto a fatal accidentto either mother or child.)
No need to list me anything out of your poorly misguided bible. I'm sure it does condone abortion, along with angel worship, and the idea that your mesiah has yet to come, and several other misguided things. So you JW go right ahead abort as many babies as you like, you won't have to answer to me for it, but be ready for those words, I know you not!

Do you pug that in your pamphlets? That you don't believe in voting, but you believe in killing babies? Real cool religion you got going on there!

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91570 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"All I can do is Explain it to you, I cannot Understand it for you"
Just like you explained how satanic rituals didn't call for molesting children? Thanks for not understanding that for me either!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#91571 Nov 22, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Just like you explained how satanic rituals didn't call for molesting children? Thanks for not understanding that for me either!
And since you, yet again, make a stupid comment with nothing to back it up I will ,again, call you a liar.
With the tens of millions of christians raping children I quess that is part of your christian rituals
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#91573 Nov 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving to all,
and
God Bless!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#91574 Nov 22, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God we're not under Mosaic Law, we would all be in bad shape, myself included.
I thank Jesus for that, who do you thank? Darwin, or yourself?
Really, what about the cursades and millions killed in Jesus name after the death of Jesus, you thank him for that? I thank science and progress for taking us out of the dark ages of paganism. Breaking the spell of religion to become a secular nation free of religious theocracies. We are still progressing and hopefully will end the brain washing of children by religious leaders that stop our progress.
oQQo

Whitley City, KY

#91575 Nov 22, 2012
The turkey is Satan's peacock.
so true

Morgantown, KY

#91576 Nov 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving to all,
and
God Bless!
To you and yours as well....
Just for today as we gather around our tables, may our hearts be warm and proud that our bellies are feed , our loved ones are near, and health is upon us. Eat well all, for there are those , that see only one meal a day , and will never know the pleasure of these feast some of us will enjoy today..
Shall all those hungry be feed.
Shall all those cold be warm.
Shall all those sick be well.
Shall all those hurt , be safe.
Shall all those homeless, have shelter.
Shall we all think of each other, if only for today.
Happy Thanksgiving.....

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#91577 Nov 22, 2012
Happy turkey day to all you atheists and brownsville, the rest of you idiots can just poof on out of here, the rupture, poof, lmao.

“There is no god.”

USA

#91578 Nov 22, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, what about the cursades and millions killed in Jesus name after the death of Jesus, you thank him for that? I thank science and progress for taking us out of the dark ages of paganism. Breaking the spell of religion to become a secular nation free of religious theocracies. We are still progressing and hopefully will end the brain washing of children by religious leaders that stop our progress.
The truth burns the christians, they cant handle the truth so they hide behind faith.

“There is no god.”

USA

#91579 Nov 22, 2012
"Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding, and whatever it sees must be put out of sight and ... know nothing but the word of God."
— martin luther

"There is another form of temptation, even more fraught with danger. This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives us to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which can avail us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
st. augustine

"I do further promise and declare, that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly or openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Liberals, as I am directed to do and to extirpate and exterminate them from the face of the whole earth, and that I will spare neither sex, age nor condition and that I will hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women and crush their infants' heads against the wall, in order to annihilate forever their execrable race."
pope paul the third

See this is religion, you cant fix stupid and religion is stupid.
so true

Morgantown, KY

#91580 Nov 22, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Happy turkey day to all you atheists and brownsville, the rest of you idiots can just poof on out of here, the rupture, poof, lmao.
:)

“There is no god.”

USA

#91581 Nov 22, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And since you, yet again, make a stupid comment with nothing to back it up I will ,again, call you a liar.
With the tens of millions of christians raping children I quess that is part of your christian rituals
After all jesus did lay his hands on children, christians just follow their leader.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brandon bryson 3 min old friend 1
robbery 47 min TheSpecialist 4
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 1 hr Coming soon 14
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 3 hr Cheater 5
City Council 4 hr Publics trust 6
jason hughes 5 hr true or not 6
praying it's all a lie 5 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 20 hr dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"