Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142362 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#91547 Nov 21, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>You're always talking about proof, prove where I'm a hypocrite. Not that I give two shakes if you believe it, but because you're always wanting to prove something!
You are Specifically Wrong.. I never talk of Proof except to explain it's misuse as a term... As I have said before in Science the term Proof Only exists in Mathematics as a non subjective term... In All other uses it is Subjective... I Speak of Evidence.... All one needs to do is review your posts in this thread to see the Evidence of your hypocrisy..

I can give one piece of Evidence to a person and that person subjectively may consider the Evidence enough to call a claim Proven... I can give 10,000 pieces of Evidence to another person and they may not consider the Evidence enough to raise the level they consider the claim Proven... Hence the Concept of Proof or Proven is Subjective... Evidence is Not.. Evidence is testable, Verifiable, reproducible... And I do not Prove anything.. I only say that your Evidence you have typed over time is enough for Me, subjectively, to judge you a hypocrite... As A Scientist I leave other to scroll back through the thread and verify the Evidence in your posts and subjectively judge for themselves.....

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91548 Nov 21, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Jehovah view the life of a child as precious even during the very early stages of development after conception?
Ps. 139:13-16:“You [Jehovah] kept me screened off in the belly of my mother.. . . Your eyes saw even the embryo of me, and in your book all its parts were down in writing.”
Has God ever stated that a person would be called to account for injury to an unborn child?
Ex. 21:22, 23:“In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul.”(Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)
It's hard to tell what your poor misguided JW bible says about anything. It has strayed so far away from the true Word, that I'm sure it doesn't care if you kill a child or not.

But, thanks for the info. If any Christian reads your post, you make it pretty clear what your Michaelian bible teaches. I guess that's what happens when you start worshipping angels!

Location hidden

#91549 Nov 21, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to be consistant, what penalty would you want for a person who accidently caused a abortion? Death or prison, maybe just say to the judge "I repent" and be forgiven?
Explain accidentally caused abortion.

You have to be judged by man's law. I can't judge what you do, but sooner or later you will be judged. I would hope you would have Christ on your side.

Location hidden

#91550 Nov 21, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You also forgot to say "we are not under mosaic law" if we were then Satanic priest would be put to death also, witches would be burn alive. Sorry, but you don't get your wish.
Thank God we're not under Mosaic Law, we would all be in bad shape, myself included.

I thank Jesus for that, who do you thank? Darwin, or yourself?

Location hidden

#91551 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Specifically Wrong.. I never talk of Proof except to explain it's misuse as a term... As I have said before in Science the term Proof Only exists in Mathematics as a non subjective term... In All other uses it is Subjective... I Speak of Evidence.... All one needs to do is review your posts in this thread to see the Evidence of your hypocrisy..
I can give one piece of Evidence to a person and that person subjectively may consider the Evidence enough to call a claim Proven... I can give 10,000 pieces of Evidence to another person and they may not consider the Evidence enough to raise the level they consider the claim Proven... Hence the Concept of Proof or Proven is Subjective... Evidence is Not.. Evidence is testable, Verifiable, reproducible... And I do not Prove anything.. I only say that your Evidence you have typed over time is enough for Me, subjectively, to judge you a hypocrite... As A Scientist I leave other to scroll back through the thread and verify the Evidence in your posts and subjectively judge for themselves.....
Just as I thought you would say. Alot of big words for "I don't have squat"!
founding fathers did not

Kermit, WV

#91552 Nov 21, 2012
found this country on christian beliefs. they founded it so that no one would be persecuted for their religion. if you're going to teach one religion in school then you should teach them all. most are very similar anyway and speak of love and peace, but all anyone wants to do in the name of religion is kill and hate.
more wars fought and people have been killed over 'christianity.'
schools should teach religious diversity and teach our children not to hate others because they are different in any way.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91553 Nov 21, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all the expression 'lucifer' is not a name for Satan. The word 'lucifer is nor a name. The word 'lucifer' just means 'shinning one' and in times past was used to describe matches especially the strike anywhere kind!
The word 'lucifer'(shinning one) is used to describe a Babylonian dynasty of rulers. the word only appears once in the King James Version at Isaiah 14:12 You can read 14:4,22,25 and see the prophecy was directed to the kings of Babylon.
So you must also know who these scriptures are referring to:

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Mystery, Babylon the Great is the Luciferian Dynasty, which is coming back to life for a time and times and dividing of times, which comes from the bottomless pit and goeth into Perdition.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91554 Nov 21, 2012
founding fathers did not wrote:
found this country on christian beliefs. they founded it so that no one would be persecuted for their religion. if you're going to teach one religion in school then you should teach them all. most are very similar anyway and speak of love and peace, but all anyone wants to do in the name of religion is kill and hate.
schools should teach religious diversity and teach our children not to hate others because they are different in any way.
God is Love, One for another without partiality and without partiality. NO RELIGION REQUIRED.

Acts 17:26 And hath made of ONE BLOOD ALL NATIONS of men for to dwell on ALL THE FACE OF THE EARTH, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though HE BE NOT FAR from EVERY ONE OF US:

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in YOU?

Matthew 18:20 For WHERE TWO OR THREE are gathered together in my name, THERE AM I in the MIDST of them.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth NOT IN TEMPLES MADE WITH HANDS; who in TIMES PAST SUFFERED ALL NATIONS to walk in THEIR OWN WAYS. Acts 14:15,16.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91555 Nov 21, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If the christian god where to be tried for evil the charges would fill up the trial docket for years

You don't understand God yet friend. You've seen through many of the Lies that are result from the Masses not being told the whole story, but don't get angry at God because of what those the masses trust have been misled to believe in many cases.

When studying the Bible, if you begin to put the events of the Bible on a Time Line then the message of God begins to come clear. Since the fall in the Garden by Adam and Eve God first sent them out of Paradise. This, if you interpret the Bible as the End of the sixth day of Creation, is when God began to rest for the Seventh Day. Which was the thousand years until the time of Noah. God begins now to work again and finds the world in utter Chaos and decides about the only thing to do is Destroy it, he finds Grace in Noah and saves him and his family. After that Abraham comes in and is blessed for his faith in God then Israel is chosen as God's children but after the Time of Tribulation for Israel in Egypt when God instructs Moses to lead Israel out of Bondage something very interesting happens. A pivotal moment in time such was not again until the coming of the Messiah, Israel stands afar off from God in (Exodus 20:18-21). Moses was the only one to go and meet with God. If you read prior to that event in Exodus 19 around verse 5 you find that God's intention was to make every man in Israel a Priest not just Moses or Aaron, but when the People refused to go to God then God had to change plans. At first God almost destroyed Israel but Moses reasoned with God (Exodus 32:9-14) and God decided to spare them. You will find that before Israel stood afar off the Ark of the Covenant had not been made to carry the Ten Commandments in nor had a Temple been constructed, nor were there any Judges. The Law and statues were given after this. None of these things were, in the beginning, in the will of God for his People, not even King David was in the Will of God in the beginning (1 Samuel 8:4-22). Now when you look into the New Testament Jesus said some very contradictory things: He said "Destroy the Temple" (John 2:19), He said to “Judge not lest ye be Judged”(Mathew 7:1), He said Woe to the Lawyers (Luke 11:46), He said “Moses gave you NOT that True Bread from Heaven”(John 6:32-33), He said,“The Kingdom of God is within YOU”, or us (Luke 17:20,21; 1 Corinthians 3:16). But the most important thing he said is that the world would hate you, because it's standing in condemnation of the New Testament which is EVERY WORD that proceedes out of the Mouth of GOD (Mathew 4:4; Galatians 5:13,14-26).

Location hidden

#91556 Nov 21, 2012
founding fathers did not wrote:
It's against the law to teach any kind of religion in the public school system, as it should be.

However, the First Amendment protects the rights of the American Citizen to teach the Bible as an elective in public schools. Anyone who is against that, is against the Constitution, and should really think about moving to another country.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#91557 Nov 21, 2012

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#91558 Nov 21, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Just as I thought you would say. Alot of big words for "I don't have squat"!
"All I can do is Explain it to you, I cannot Understand it for you"
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#91559 Nov 21, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand God yet friend. You've seen through many of the Lies that are result from the Masses not being told the whole story, but don't get angry at God because of what those the masses trust have been misled to believe in many cases.
So.. you DO understand? Why do YOU understand but SP can't? Are you more enlightened than he is? Are you prone to special awareness that SP can't grasp? How do YOU know the parts of the story YOU think is REAL aren't just more lies? Why do you feel that you are right about the story, yet SP is wrong? Is God talking to you...? I bet he does.. is this why you 'believe' what it is YOU know to be true? How can you judge someone on YOUR limited knowledge of divine intervention? How DARE you claim to be of importance over another human.. Despicable.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91560 Nov 21, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must also know who these scriptures are referring to:
Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Mystery, Babylon the Great is the Luciferian Dynasty, which is coming back to life for a time and times and dividing of times, which comes from the bottomless pit and goeth into Perdition.
Revelation 17:5 is a correct quote but your explanation is way off base.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91561 Nov 21, 2012
*** 50 Babylon the Great ***
Babylon the Great
Definition: The world empire of false religion, embracing all religions whose teachings and practices do not conform to the true worship of Jehovah, the only true God. Following the Flood of Noah’s day, false religion had its beginning at Babel (later known as Babylon).(Gen. 10:8-10; 11:4-9) In time, Babylonish religious beliefs and practices spread to many lands. So Babylon the Great became a fitting name for false religion as a whole.
What evidence points to the identity of Babylon the Great, referred to in Revelation?
It could not be the ancient city of Babylon. Revelation was written at the end of the first century C.E. and describes events that would reach down to our day. The Encyclopedia Americana says:“The city [Babylon] was taken by the Persians under Cyrus the Great in 539 B.C. Later Alexander the Great planned to make Babylon the capital of his eastern empire, but after his death Babylon gradually lost importance.”(1956, Vol. III, p. 7) Today the city is an uninhabited ruin.

In the symbolism of Revelation, Babylon the Great is referred to as a “great city,” a “kingdom” that rules other kings.(Rev. 17:18) Like a city, it would have many organizations within it; and like a kingdom that includes other kings in its domain, it would be international in scope. It is described as having relations with political rulers and contributing much to the wealth of men in commerce, while itself being a third element that “has become a dwelling place of demons” and a persecutor of “prophets and of holy ones.”—Rev. 18:2, 9-17, 24.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91562 Nov 21, 2012
Babylon the Great is like an immoral harlot, one living in shameless luxury
Revelation 17:1-5 says:“‘Come, I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters [peoples], with whom the kings [political rulers] of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.’. . . And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery:‘Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.’” Revelation 18:7 adds that “she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury.”
Is it not true that the dominant religious organizations have made it a practice to consort with political rulers for power and material gain, though this has resulted in suffering for the common people? Is it not also true that their higher clergy live in luxury, even though many of the people to whom they should minister may be impoverished?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91563 Nov 21, 2012
EXAMPLE:
You can go on line and access the same information:
http://www.insideedition.com/news/6332/inside ..
TV PREACHERS INVESTIGATED
INSIDE EDITION Investigates TV Ministers' Lifestyles
Airdate: 05/24/2011
They are some of the most popular TV preachers in the country, packing their mega churches each week and taking in millions every year. They urge the faithful followers to donate generously and in return the Lord will bring them prosperity.
There's no denying some people have prospered handsomely—the pastors themselves. They live like rock stars with huge mansions, private jets, and fancy cars. Their lifestyles are so lavish, six of them have been investigated by the U.S. Senate.
One preacher, Paula White, lives in multimillion dollar homes in New York City and Tampa, Florida. And another preacher, Creflo Dollar, gets around in style, flying in private jets to preach around the country. He owns a mansion in an exclusive Atlanta suburb.
Not one of them would would sit down for an interview about their opulent lifestyle so INSIDE EDITION's Lisa Guerrero caught up with Creflo Dollar at an event in New York City. She asked him, "How do you justify your million dollar mansions and private jets to your donors?" Dollar had no comment.
But when it comes to opulence, few religious leaders compare to Kenneth Copeland. He lives in an 18,000 square foot home outside Ft. Worth, Texas worth $6 million. It has beautiful water views that comes complete with a boat house. But that's not all.
Copeland is an avid pilot, and his pride and joy is a $20 million Cessna Citation jet. It's the fastest private jet money can buy. He said he needed it to better serve the Lord, and proudly did a fly by for his followers after the church bought it.
But that's not the only plane used by the church. We found a fleet of planes registered to the church. And you won't catch him waiting in line at the airport, because he's got his own. The Kenneth Copeland Airport is located right next to his mansion.
"I think Copeland is unbelievably greedy", said Ole Anthony of the Trinity Foundation, a church watchdog group that worked with the Senate Committee investigating Copeland and other TV preachers..
"Televangelism is a $2 to $3 billion industry, untaxed, unregulated," said Anthony.
That's right—by law, religious groups like Copeland's are exempt from federal taxes, and they don't have to report how they spend their money to anyone.
Copeland and his church takes in tens of millions a year, through donations and selling books and DVD's to his donors.
When Kristi Parker's mother died of cancer, she said she found diaries that showed her mother sent Copeland most of her life's savings, hoping her faith and donations would heal her deadly disease.
"She sent them a lot of money, a whole lot of money", said Parker.
Guerrero asked Parker, "What do you think of Kenneth Copeland's lifestyle?"
"TV doesn't do it justice. Their office furniture is probably worth more than most people's houses. It make you sick." said Parker.
Copeland, like the other preachers investigated by the Senate, refused INSIDE EDITION's request for an interview, so we caught up with him at an event in North Carolina.
Guerrero asked, "Can you explain to us why you are living such a lifestyle of luxury off of church donations?"
An assistant to Copeland said, "We don't have any time for this," and tried to usher Copeland away. At the same time a hotel employee tried to block our camera.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91564 Nov 21, 2012
(cont.)TV Ministers investigated:

Guerrero continued to try to get answers from Copeland.
"Why won't you answer any of our questions? It's a simple questions, sir," said Guerrero.
Copeland then agreed to chat and said, "I'm going to give you a simple answer. My life follows scripture. We've never asked anyone for money. We give. We believe we're open."
Guerrero then asked, "Sir, you have a fleet of private jets. Why is that necessary? How many jets do you have?"
Copeland answered, "That's none of your business."
Right after that he walked away.
Copeland told INSIDE EDITION that he cooperated with the Senate investigation, but the committee disagreed and said Copeland refused to provide the information it requested for its investigation. According to the committee, only two of the preachers did—Joyce Meyer and Benny Hinn. The committee recommended that the IRS look further into the matter.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91565 Nov 21, 2012
You can go on line and access the same information:

http://www.insideedition.com/news/6332/inside ..
TV PREACHERS INVESTIGATED

INSIDE EDITION Investigates TV Ministers' Lifestyles
Airdate: 05/24/2011
They are some of the most popular TV preachers in the country, packing their mega churches each week and taking in millions every year. They urge the faithful followers to donate generously and in return the Lord will bring them prosperity.

There's no denying some people have prospered handsomely—the pastors themselves. They live like rock stars with huge mansions, private jets, and fancy cars. Their lifestyles are so lavish, six of them have been investigated by the U.S. Senate.

One preacher, Paula White, lives in multimillion dollar homes in New York City and Tampa, Florida. And another preacher, Creflo Dollar, gets around in style, flying in private jets to preach around the country. He owns a mansion in an exclusive Atlanta suburb.

Not one of them would would sit down for an interview about their opulent lifestyle so INSIDE EDITION's Lisa Guerrero caught up with Creflo Dollar at an event in New York City. She asked him, "How do you justify your million dollar mansions and private jets to your donors?" Dollar had no comment.

But when it comes to opulence, few religious leaders compare to Kenneth Copeland. He lives in an 18,000 square foot home outside Ft. Worth, Texas worth $6 million. It has beautiful water views that comes complete with a boat house. But that's not all.

Copeland is an avid pilot, and his pride and joy is a $20 million Cessna Citation jet. It's the fastest private jet money can buy. He said he needed it to better serve the Lord, and proudly did a fly by for his followers after the church bought it.

But that's not the only plane used by the church. We found a fleet of planes registered to the church. And you won't catch him waiting in line at the airport, because he's got his own. The Kenneth Copeland Airport is located right next to his mansion.

"I think Copeland is unbelievably greedy", said Ole Anthony of the Trinity Foundation, a church watchdog group that worked with the Senate Committee investigating Copeland and other TV preachers..
"Televangelism is a $2 to $3 billion industry, untaxed, unregulated," said Anthony.

That's right—by law, religious groups like Copeland's are exempt from federal taxes, and they don't have to report how they spend their money to anyone.

Copeland and his church takes in tens of millions a year, through donations and selling books and DVD's to his donors.
When Kristi Parker's mother died of cancer, she said she found diaries that showed her mother sent Copeland most of her life's savings, hoping her faith and donations would heal her deadly disease.

"She sent them a lot of money, a whole lot of money", said Parker.

Guerrero asked Parker, "What do you think of Kenneth Copeland's lifestyle?"

"TV doesn't do it justice. Their office furniture is probably worth more than most people's houses. It make you sick." said Parker.

Copeland, like the other preachers investigated by the Senate, refused INSIDE EDITION's request for an interview, so we caught up with him at an event in North Carolina.

Guerrero asked, "Can you explain to us why you are living such a lifestyle of luxury off of church donations?"

An assistant to Copeland said, "We don't have any time for this," and tried to usher Copeland away. At the same time a hotel employee tried to block our camera.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#91566 Nov 21, 2012
(cont.) TV Ministers investigated.

Guerrero continued to try to get answers from Copeland.
"Why won't you answer any of our questions? It's a simple questions, sir," said Guerrero.

Copeland then agreed to chat and said, "I'm going to give you a simple answer. My life follows scripture. We've never asked anyone for money. We give. We believe we're open."

Guerrero then asked, "Sir, you have a fleet of private jets. Why is that necessary? How many jets do you have?"

Copeland answered, "That's none of your business."

Right after that he walked away.

Copeland told INSIDE EDITION that he cooperated with the Senate investigation, but the committee disagreed and said Copeland refused to provide the information it requested for its investigation. According to the committee, only two of the preachers did—Joyce Meyer and Benny Hinn. The committee recommended that the IRS look further into the matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sugars daddies 15 min larry 22
Drug Dealers 1 hr Number two 2
Timmy Earles and Eric Canady 1 hr April 5
Knox County sheriff 2 hr turk 19
Local Resident Larry Hammons Featured in Docume... 2 hr Cindy 3
Concerning the Devil. 2 hr The Specialist 2
Tony Mills and his women 2 hr hmmmm 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages