Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,383)

Showing posts 87,641 - 87,660 of122,523
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>She gave, she didn't take!
Look at you.. parading around on topix soliciting the very illicit thoughts of all the fear-mongering, doom-bringing, can't wait til Christ returns, azz. You carry the name on topix that symbolizes the epitome of all religions. The return! You boast it highly, like a PhD framed on your wall, with so much joy and remorse. And the rest of humanity is at fault?? You promote death with every word you spew forth, while having this title placed upon you that ALL believers follow passionately. Tisk tisk.. I bet you just CAN'T wait for Christ's return huh? You just can't WAIT til you have a chance to say "I told you so", huh? Too bad those days will never come for you. Praise life, not the after-life. It's THIS LIFE, that's worth remembering, not some figment of your imagination. Be happy you are alive... you live only once, and you have spent most of your life conjuring up these ideas that life is just sin and a testament during this time. By the time you are dying, you'll be soooo busy trying to regret all the negatives you've had in your life, you won't remember the good. Although, it's the negative shlt thats made you WHO you ARE. God isn't going to give you character, thats up to you. You can pray and wish and hope and 'believe' and have faith that he/she might, but your just beating a dead-horse. Be grateful you are a human.. you could be one of the millions of cattle slaughtered everyday. Mooo Mooo!

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at you.. parading around on topix soliciting the very illicit thoughts of all the fear-mongering, doom-bringing, can't wait til Christ returns, azz. You carry the name on topix that symbolizes the epitome of all religions. The return! You boast it highly, like a PhD framed on your wall, with so much joy and remorse. And the rest of humanity is at fault?? You promote death with every word you spew forth, while having this title placed upon you that ALL believers follow passionately. Tisk tisk.. I bet you just CAN'T wait for Christ's return huh? You just can't WAIT til you have a chance to say "I told you so", huh? Too bad those days will never come for you. Praise life, not the after-life. It's THIS LIFE, that's worth remembering, not some figment of your imagination. Be happy you are alive... you live only once, and you have spent most of your life conjuring up these ideas that life is just sin and a testament during this time. By the time you are dying, you'll be soooo busy trying to regret all the negatives you've had in your life, you won't remember the good. Although, it's the negative shlt thats made you WHO you ARE. God isn't going to give you character, thats up to you. You can pray and wish and hope and 'believe' and have faith that he/she might, but your just beating a dead-horse. Be grateful you are a human.. you could be one of the millions of cattle slaughtered everyday. Mooo Mooo!
And yet here you are on topix responding to me! Lol...!!
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>And you say I lie and mislead?
4jehovah.org/jehovahs-witness-nwt-error ...
Well, I say you and your entire self made religion is misleading lies!
Just another example:
The link you posted goes nowhere!
YOU SAY? "you and your entire self made religion is misleading lies!"
I'm glad you qualified that by admiting YOU SAY!

I'M Curious What religion are you?
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>And yet here you are on topix responding to me! Lol...!!
o.O responding? More like, reporting or retorting or.. informing! I wouldn't be laughing out loud when your persona is directly refuting what you proclaim to be of. I have faith. Faith that one day, I too can release a fart so devastating, that the dense particles of gas permeate the ionosphere and fall directly upon the believers of this world. I received word from a higher power, or consciousness that led me to this divine intervention, put forth to enlighten the children of this world. for if you fart with enough conviction, you too shall meet the Almighty one. You must be diligent & have enough conviction in your hearts to drown out the non-believers nonsensical nonsense. Don't be pro, be a non-pro, be non-existing to all who oppose. Defend these thoughts and faiths to the death. For whoever shall oppose shall surely meet their demise.
John 316

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

so true wrote:
So this Thanksgiving week... as I store up in my heart gracious blessings .... I also place in special care my gratefulness for the open love that we each bestow on each other. We enable one another more than is realized... yet we each feel it and are drawn to it so keenly! May those that are hungry be fed, also with these great blessing that so many of us hold , and sometimes forget to be thankful for.
Much love and blessings to you ((((ALL)))) Wherever you are in the World this day, may you be well fed, feel warmth, feel the grace of good health, feel the kind touch of love and may you count your many blessings and give thanks with me today!
God Bless you, Happy thanksgiving to you, and yours :-)
John 316

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>You're such an idiot!! The only thing you know about me, is that I believe in the Bible.
The only thing I know about you, is that you believe in the satanic bible. You're satanic bible, and rituals teach that you should molest children.
Enough said!!
Nice post!
I must add, that knowing what a nasty person SP is....
He has kids, and we might pass by him everyday!
That's like knowing a "Sandusky" is out there walking free!
Sad!
John 316

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

firstofthemonther wrote:
I agree, just thought I would Test some People, was Reluctant to do that, not a very good Joke, please forgive Me! Jesus is the Light, and the Way!
Amen!
John
8:12 Then Jesus spoke again to them, saying, I am the light of
the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but
shall have the light of life.
John 316

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
“7th.Trump”
As anyone can plainly see so many of these manuscripts were not available in 1611 when the King James Version was translated. This is why the New World Translation is admitted by scholars to be the most accurate translation in print.
That is why I requested you “7th Trump” to post the manuscripts used to translate the King James Version of 1611. I knew you couldn’t.
Because a little research on the KJV you will find that the KJV is largely William Tyndale’s translation which had been translated from the Catholic Bible.
This should be a clue for you...
"New World" as in "New World Oder"
RUN... Run away from this Cult!
Run Towards Jesus!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Jasmine Leigh G
A popular argument holds that if everything has a cause, then all things known to exist must have a cause. So it is claimed by some that the universe had to be created by something, hence God.
However, this logic can be turned around: If everything that exists has to have a cause, then God must also have a cause. Who created God? If God created the universe, he must be an extremely complex thing. God must be at least as complex as the universe he created. How could such a complex entity just appear? God would also need a cause...

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to hear you whole heartingly agree with one of the main teachings of the Bible. Might be hope for you yet!
Since when does any "christian business man" follow this idea? And the concept goes back way before the bible.
Fairness is not a christian concept, in fact just the opposite, everything for you and god hates every one else.
The Native Americans are proof of that

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Ah yes, I see your diffeculty in comprehending the universe and all creation by a being. Before god's creations was "nothingness" as we know, yet god who is in our image would be a human form, floating or hovering in everlasting "nothingness" like an odd shapped helium ballon in a sky of nothing. So he is motivated from perfection and creates this, all we know and see. In doing such he wants it recorded, yet does not provide enough information and only creates more questions,, like the ones we see here on topix.

Who made god. If he made adam and eve and they had two male kids, why was cain afraid to go into nod where the "other" humans would want to kill him. God made heaven, but it was full of angels in genesis, where did they come from. Why are wars in heaven. Why not kill satan. Why do all biblical supreme beings hide and are only voices in our heads or weird feelings. Why create a lamb and ask it to be slaughterd as sacrifice back to you. Why kill babies. Why, why oh my.

The questions are many and the answers never come. This is why the new testament had to be written, it says shut up, have faith, don't ask any stupid questions becasue you aint gettin answers.. if you want to war in heaven beside arch angel michael then suck it up and fly with faith, or burn in the hell god made for you.

I wish the savages in a deer skin loin cloths who wrote the bible had not been such bad scribes, for surely this is not a plan that seems to be perfection from a perfect god. Perhaps the hemp robe wearing neo neanderthal was eating too many mushrooms or smoking some really good ganja while writing the gentlemans guide to salvation.

Ultimatly it always ends in faith. You have it or you don't. Arguing the semantics will not reslove the questions and the statistically increasing odds your pending heart attack will soon leave your artery clodded corspe behind perhaps being a nice person in the end will suffice.

Puff, puff, pass.

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RoachClip wrote:
Who made god. If he made adam and eve and they had two male kids, why was cain afraid to go into nod where the "other" humans would want to kill him. God made heaven, but it was full of angels in genesis, where did they come from. Why are wars in heaven. Why not kill satan. Why do all biblical supreme beings hide and are only voices in our heads or weird feelings. Why create a lamb and ask it to be slaughterd as sacrifice back to you. Why kill babies. Why, why oh my.
Why do you ask questions, and not want answers? The Bible explains these questions you've asked, I guess you just don't like the answers.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you ask questions, and not want answers? The Bible explains these questions you've asked, I guess you just don't like the answers.
You spout but offer no substance.
You offer no substance because you are fraud and your bible is fraud
John 316

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that we do not sell our daughters right? Virgins where sold for more so the family wanted the girls to be virgins so they would get more cash. Of course you sick freaks like them 9 years old...
Yer the sick ones!
http://ritualabuse.us/ritualabuse/survivor-st...
Get well soon!
John 316

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Whose Socking Who wrote:
Wow guys. whatever happened to tolerance?
Would you tolerate Sandusky watching yer boys for a minute?
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Good morning all..

Life has taught me that if I fall down
in the middle of the street,
in the middle of a snow storm,
in the middle of the night,
I must get back up quickly
~to avoid being run-over by my own expectations,
or the snowplow...
Either way,
it doesn't hurt so much to get back up
as it does to stay down...
Besides,
practice makes perfect right?
Guaranteed,
you'll never know if you don't get back up.
I ain't ready to die just yet.
How about you?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you ask questions, and not want answers? The Bible explains these questions you've asked, I guess you just don't like the answers.
Asking esoteric questions and looking for answers is enjoyable, an intellectual exercise.

The less time humans must concern themselves with basic survival, the more time for mental masterbation.

The problem comes when people think they NEED/MUST HAVE answers to questions which have NO answer ...or in some cases (like 7th and Known), there are different answers for different people.

Knowledge is indeed power..but "I believe" will only give you a false sense of security.

Learn to live with questions without answers.
Accept unknowable Mysteries with a smile.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

John 316 wrote:
<quoted text>Would you tolerate Sandusky watching yer boys for a minute?
Why are you only concerned for little boys being raped?
You never talk about little girls who are abused.
Is that subject too close to home for you?

Hate to chat and run but must leave for work now. Back tonight.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

John 316 wrote:
<quoted text>Would you tolerate Sandusky watching yer boys for a minute?
He went to church..........
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

No matter what our age, there are times for whatever reason we start doubting ourselves. We'll fall into the hype of being too old, too young, too out of shape, and before we know it we've convinced ourselves not even to try.

Recently I was watching several news stories about our brave service men and women who were facing insurmountable circumstances pertaining to injuries and I wanted to kick myself for falling into the above category.

All of them decided to move forward and do the best they knew how with what God granted them. If they couldn't run that 20 miles, they would run one. If they could no longer see, they would feel and sense things. I could feel the spirit within them. It reached out to me.

They all gave me inspiration to get moving and not complain because of the limitations I put in my head. By that I simply mean looking at something and saying 'why bother.''I can't do it.''It will take too long.''It's overwhelming.'

If I can't stand longer then 5 hours, I'll stand 4. If I've never ran that mile, I'll walk it. If I can't complete a project in one day, I'll complete it in two or three.

I can not live by others expectations of me or what my mind thinks they expect of me, but I can live and live well by giving what I know is 100% of myself in whatever I do.

That is all I can do and not slip into the pity party. It is not a party to celebrate. I do not like or want pity.

I have always been an independent person, a strong person. Things started to change in my life and I could no longer do what I use to. Even a relationship took a turn I never expected.

So because things weren't the same I started to say,'why bother?' How foolish of me! Yes, there was change around me but I was the one that needed to adjust to my environment, not it to me. My wings were clipped a little. So what!

I could still fly even if a bit clumsy. I could still walk even if a bit slower. I could still be me and get down on one knee and ask God for forgiveness. And I can still love!

How and when did I stop feeding my spirit? How and when did I lose self? How and when did I forget that we are all human and make mistakes?

So I pray for all the men and women in service. I especially pray for all the injured that they may find the strength within themselves to never give up.

You've inspired me. You've filled my spirit. You've shown me what a free soul is truly about. You are courage!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,641 - 87,660 of122,523
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lay K Teachers 5 min Joke 7
Mayor files lawsuit against six council members 10 min Funny 151
Maryann Smith and Thomas (Oct '12) 36 min wondering 19
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 1 hr supper time 10
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Commietator 138,306
Would love to have a female to HUG and SNUGGLE ... 1 hr gator 5
Chief Deputy Derek Eubanks... (Jan '12) 2 hr michelle 916
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 3:24AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••