Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,381)

Showing posts 87,601 - 87,620 of128,060
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
As YaA says,
"Whatever you want to believe..."
As I say:

"I do not Believe, I Know, I Think I Know or I Do Not Know, I Never Believe" - Q

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
They WANT to repeal minimum wage and embark on a new crusade of persecution, prosecution and slavery.
http://ed.msnbc.com/_news/2012/06/27/12442184...
Republican theocrates using religion to gain wealth and power .

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>How christian of you. So the man who is injured on the job and can not work should starve? The old people who worked their whole lives but their pensions where stolen by the wealthy should starve?
Thank you for proving that you do not follow Jesus and that your christian cult is evil
You have trouble reading and understanding anything, don't ya!

I said for those who WON'T work. Not those who CAN'T work!

I think we all know what category you fit in!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>You have trouble reading and understanding anything, don't ya!
I said for those who WON'T work. Not those who CAN'T work!
I think we all know what category you fit in!
I fit in to the category of paying my employees a livable wage.
You should have been more specific, as you like to twist things around.
I agree that those who will not work, but are able can just do with out, but how do you justify that as a follower of christ?
I do not follow your evil bible but you are bound to it, The book of Matthew any chapter any verse

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Religion has no place in school. We need to teach kids/young adults how to think not what to think.
yessir

Dimondale, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

gonna respond with exact same rhetoric using generalities, not specific research and facts, whining about using salary as a position when in fact it only substaniates the professional position, which only shows envy and greed,
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>You're starting to do the same thing atheist do, list as many things as possible, and try to cause as much confusion as possible.
It's real simple. Get yourself a Concordance, and start going through the Original Manuscripts, it's the same Manuscripts that all of your so called translators used. And translate it yourself, then if you agree with them, that Christ was not god in the flesh, and that Christ died not to be resurrected, and than Christ was mearly an angel, then that's on you, but at least you'll know how many verses they changed to come up with that conclusion.
You can compare version after version after version, but you can't change the Original Manuscripts. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand.
I've told you before, I've found things in the KJV that doesn't line up with the Original Manuscripts, but it is a whole lot closer than the JW bible. If you don't want to believe that, that's your choice, but if I were you, knowing the Bible says that Christ is the only way, and your out there telling people that Christ was mearly a man, I would at least want to find out if I were right, or not!
It does not surprise me that you want to destort the facts!
The following is an incorrect statement made by you and I quote you,
"but if I were you,(I'm so glad you are not me)knowing the Bible says that Christ is the only way, and your out there telling people that Christ was mearly a man,(that is an out right lie!) I would at least want to find out if I were right, or not!"

COPIED FROM Wikipedia:

KJV Manuscripts not available in 1611
While the Authorized Version remains among the most widely sold, modern critical New Testament translations differ substantially from it in a number of passages, primarily because they rely on source manuscripts not then accessible to (or not then highly regarded by) early 17th-century Biblical scholarship. In the Old Testament, there are also many differences from modern translations that are based not on manuscript differences, but on a different understanding of Ancient Hebrew vocabulary or grammar by the translators. For example, in modern translations it is clear that Job 28: 1–11 is referring throughout to mining operations, which is not at all apparent from the text of the Authorized Version.(KJV)
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

"7th. Trump",
Another example where you do not hesitate to lie and mislead!
Again I quote you: "then if you agree with them, that Christ was not god in the flesh,
Nowhere in the manuscripts or any Bible does it say that Jesus was God in the flesh!

Jehovah's Witnesses nor the New World Translation say, "that Christ died not to be resurrected."

Nor do we say that Christ was merely an angel. No he was not merely AN ANGEL! He was the highest angel, the ARCHANGEL Michael. Do the reference in your KJV concordance.

All of this proves how little you know...to purport yourself as some great Bible Scholar.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Do you Understand why Lot's daughters suduced their father???
I'll explain it for you... I'll type very s l o w l y...
When their Mother was turned into a piller of salt...
They knew that their Fathers Blood line (Very important in their culture) was at an end...
So... they got their dad drunk to get pregnant in hopes of
c o n t i n u i n g... their bloodline!
I h o p e This helps you understand the Bible better!
LOL.. I really like the part of salt. And I really like how they 'knew' about the bloodline, as if it wasn't an integral part of the community already, they must overcome the righteous livelihood of being Christ like, so we can go fuck our daughters! Bravo..

Worst part, is you actually understand the concept being spewed forth from that book of 'words' you are reiterating from. With such vigor and conviction, the dignity you surround knowledge like this, is practically UNFATHOMABLE to reconcile with the rest of us on your worldy views. o.O I say to you.. Go rape your daughters!

Giggity..
defender

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>Republican theocrates using religion to gain wealth and power .
And yet the other side seems to be doing no better..."Tax the rich" is the war cry all the time never admitting that the upper 2% pay 75% of all taxes... What happened to the leftist idea of fair on that one?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

The christian bible is not proof of god, it is the claim that has no proof

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the other side seems to be doing no better..."Tax the rich" is the war cry all the time never admitting that the upper 2% pay 75% of all taxes... What happened to the leftist idea of fair on that one?
Liar, 62% of all of the governments revenue is laid on the backs of the working class.

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/
Spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, no wonder you have no faith, you're a liar. Now repent!
oQQo

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

This thread, is why religion does not need to be taught in schools, beyond a doubt the same arguments would lend more to stupidity, than learning.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

With all the different versions of the bible and all of the different sects in the christian cult, and all of the lies and fabrication from the christians on this topic HOW DO YOU THINK YOU CAN COME UP WITH A HISTORY OF THE BIBLE TO TEACH?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Is not there a story in your bible where a poor woman gave a little, but it was all she had and Jesus said that she gave more than all that the wealthy gave combined?
Oh yes, christians only pick the parts of the bible that justify their hatred
Seriously

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

So if I have $100 and you have $1,000,000 and we are taxed at the same rate (let's say 10%), so I pay $10 and you pay $100,000... you think that's unfair because you have to pay more than me due to the fact that you have more than me?
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

"7th. Trump"

William Tyndale and the King James Version

In 1535, Tyndale was arrested and jailed in the castle of Filford outside Brussels for over a year. In 1536 he was convicted of heresy and executed by strangulation, after which his body was burnt at the stake. His dying request that the King of England's eyes would be opened seemed to find its fulfillment just two years later with Henry's authorization of The Great Bible for the Church of England—which was incidently, largely Tyndale's own work. Hence, The Tyndale Bible, as it was known, continued to play a key role in spreading Reformation ideas across the English-speaking world and eventually, on the global British Empire. His version also worked prominently into the Geneva Bible which was taken to the New World to Jamestown in 1607, and on the Mayflower in 1620. Notably, in 1611, the 54 independent scholars who created the King James Version, drew significantly from Tyndale, as well as translations that descended from his. One estimate suggests the New Testament in the King James Version is 83% Tyndale's, and the Old Testament 76%.[7]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
"7th. Trump"
William Tyndale and the King James Version
In 1535, Tyndale was arrested and jailed in the castle of Filford outside Brussels for over a year. In 1536 he was convicted of heresy and executed by strangulation, after which his body was burnt at the stake. His dying request that the King of England's eyes would be opened seemed to find its fulfillment just two years later with Henry's authorization of The Great Bible for the Church of England—which was incidently, largely Tyndale's own work. Hence, The Tyndale Bible, as it was known, continued to play a key role in spreading Reformation ideas across the English-speaking world and eventually, on the global British Empire. His version also worked prominently into the Geneva Bible which was taken to the New World to Jamestown in 1607, and on the Mayflower in 1620. Notably, in 1611, the 54 independent scholars who created the King James Version, drew significantly from Tyndale, as well as translations that descended from his. One estimate suggests the New Testament in the King James Version is 83% Tyndale's, and the Old Testament 76%.[7]
its.com/focusonthefaulty/.../j ehovahs....

Enough said!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I fit in to the category of paying my employees a livable wage.
You should have been more specific, as you like to twist things around.
I agree that those who will not work, but are able can just do with out, but how do you justify that as a follower of christ?
I do not follow your evil bible but you are bound to it, The book of Matthew any chapter any verse
Glad to hear you whole heartingly agree with one of the main teachings of the Bible. Might be hope for you yet!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,601 - 87,620 of128,060
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 13 min Republicans Are Stupid 26,173
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Republicans Are Stupid 145,012
blackberry's 31 min Mmmmmmm 7
which drug dealer in kj needs to be busted?? (Sep '08) 33 min Dbags 27
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 38 min Parents failed 393
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 50 min BIG_STEVIE 16,110
verna warren 59 min know 6
KC Basketball Coach 1 hr dink the shrink 73
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search