Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,618

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91500 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That only means you have no idea what the word Proof means....
I have my proof, and I hope you find as much!
:-)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#91501 Nov 21, 2012
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Yep... people like that always give good people bad names!
And no... he wasn't a Christian!
He has Repented... Just because you say he is not a christian does not mean he is not a christian. If I recall you have said you did some really bad stuff in your past... If I recall you say You are a Christian... If I recall one of the tenets claimed of Christianity is that of Forgiveness for one that strays from the path and commits a sin.... And if I recall, if someone does not forgive the repentant then maybe they are not Christians in the first place....

By your view if you commit a sin you are not a christian simple because you commit the sin... But then if you repent for the sin you are a christian again until you commit another sin at which time you are not a christian until you repent and then you are a christian....
so true

Morgantown, KY

#91502 Nov 21, 2012
I dont fuss with you all much on here. Most of the time I try and be kind. But , I must say this.. So if we all chose to eat pie, and I eat two pieces, you eat three and a child eats half a piece then that child should also pay as much as you and I? Just clear that one up for me a little. I know the world is full of those who get alot they dont deserve , but it goes both ways dont ya think? Just because someone is better at makin pies, should not make them inferior to those that are not able to bake... I said able , not just too lazy to do it. So let us all eat pie, or at least be willing to share our pie with those that are not able to get it for themself's. Now for those that just want it handed to them, lets teach them to bake it, or like everything else , if not willing to help yourself , then how may I help you. In that case we get what we give.
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91503 Nov 21, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to this website again? The very website you said lied? And who, according to this website, is the most likely to get an abortion, religion wise?
"Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 43% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 27%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as “Born-again/Evangelical”.
Seems that in total the "Christians" are 3 times more likely to have an abortion than someone with no religious affiliation. Additionally, that 18% performed on women who identify themselves as born again/evangelical is mighty darn close to the 23.7% with no religious affiliation (I.e. About 1 in 5 is done on those drinking your Jesus Juice, while 1 in 4 is done by the non-religiously affiliated).
Calling ANYONE sick when your own group's numbers is almost almost equal with the non-religiously affiliated is quite funny, quite hypocritical, and quite unbiblical. Here, let me help you with that log in your eye - If you hold REALLY still think I can push it in all the way for you.
The facts are this...
Anyone can call themselves "Christian", but to Kill a Baby after humping around... pretty much says they are NOT Christian!
Now... go buy that clue you are so desperate in need of!
... it's funny though...

London, KY

#91504 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>I have my proof, and I hope you find as much!
:-)
"So you say, But cannot Demonstrate" - Q
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#91505 Nov 21, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Tolerance isn't laying there and "taking it" from a bully hyped on religious oxycontin, hoping one day he will miraculously grow a conscience. Tolerance is letting another person peacefully live their life so long as they aren't hurting another, it is not sitting idly by while someone tries to force others into compliance with their religious views.
We never made you come here, read, and post.. did we?
NO... you chose to put yer 3 cents in...
See, you claim you do no harm...
Wrong! You do harm, as you push your agenda on children through TV, and now schools...
God is REAL! He says, and I KNOW for a fact that your lifestyle, as I once live IS An Abomination before the Lord God!
To teach children otherwise is doing Harm!
Repent, turn from yer ways, ask God to forgive you!
He will!
You'll be glad you did!

London, KY

#91506 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>The facts are this...
Anyone can call themselves "Christian", but to Kill a Baby after humping around... pretty much says they are NOT Christian!
... it's funny though...
Again, what makes them not a Christian? They commit a sin? So now are you saying there are sins committed that take away the mantle of Christian? If a person that has spent their lives following the teachings of Christ, attend church, help everyone they know, do not Judge others and then commit a sin they then are no longer Christians even if they repent for the sin? Would that not make just about every claimed Christian that ever lived not Christians as I know of none that have not sinned at one time or another...

Do you have a list of sins that can be forgiven and a list of those that cannot be forgiven?
dado

Lexington, KY

#91507 Nov 21, 2012
Reading some of these responses, It's always the same...

Bottom line is..
If I was at school/ball game/or wherever, and you want to stop and pray to GOD or Alla or whatever you believe...that is just fine at times. I might stop and bow my head and join, I might not sometimes. It shouldn't bother the religion people either way, cause it doesn't bother my if you do.

Who is to say who is right about either way?
You can believe anything you want, it shouldn't sway anyones decision either way in what you believe or don't believe. Most religions run off people in the ways they conduct and step on others toes, just leave everybody to chose for them.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#91508 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>The facts are this...
... it's funny though...
Prove it. Prove what they believe. You can't.
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#91509 Nov 21, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, oddly, you seem to have no trouble being nasty to people, saying that is how you are "loving" them. It isn't a far stretch to see that others of your ilk would think they are "loving" people by threatening them.
As I mentioned, you seem to think that the ends justify the means - and that you can be as nasty as you want to be as long as it scares someone into submission to your religious leanings.
Out of here, and under no cercumstances would I ever harm you!
If you want to post on here about yer prostate being stimulated...
And NOT knowing what yer butt is for...
I will tell you its SICK, and NOT the way God designed you!
If that hurts yer widdle feewings... sorry, do NOT
read my posts!
God's existance does NOT rely on your Belief of Him...
He is real!
Repent!
If not... so be it!

Location hidden

#91510 Nov 21, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>We never made you come here, read, and post.. did we?
Wrong! You do harm, as you push your agenda on children through TV, and now schools...
God is REAL! He says, and I KNOW for a fact that your lifestyle, as I once live IS An Abomination before the Lord God!
He will!
You'll be glad you did!
LOL. If you actually lived half of what you spout, you would be credible. But time has shown us you are an addict who just changed your drug of preference (from meth to religion).

You do not KNOW for a "fact". You believe as a matter of "faith". What is faith to you, is NOT fact to another.

And teaching children they are born with evil in them that can only be purged by your sky daddy isn't harm? Methhead puleeeeeze.

Location hidden

#91511 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>We never made you come here, read, and post.. did we?
He will!
You'll be glad you did!
And what agenda is that? The agenda to live our lives with dignity and respect?

Seems your favorite "go to" is:

"Those people are trying to change people to their orientation"

Now what kind of "monster" would try to change someone's orientation?*glares directly at you and all teavangelical fundamentalists*
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#91512 Nov 21, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said there wasn't. I would say I am personally a "pro-viable-baby agnostic". But that wouldn't satisfy a fundamentalist's need for "peaceful disagreement".
My thoughts:
1. I think contraception, including emergency contraception (plan B) should be available on demand.
2. I think abortion should be legal up to the first trimester.
3. But after first trimester, heightened requirements should be needed (extenuating circumstances or danger to life of mother).
4. Third trimester should only be to save the life of the mother.
As it stands, most fundamentalists are not pro-life. They are pro-birth. They seem to not care about the life of the child after it pops out of the mothers vagina, support execution of criminals, and are all about their guns and how they will kill anyone who tries to enter their home to rob them.
Their inconsistency and willing to call anyone who disagrees with them as "sick" is quite humorous given their cognitive dissonance.
"They seem to not care about the life of the child after it pops out of the mothers vagina"
CROCK!
I guess that's why MOST of the people that adopt are Christians!
Yes we do "support execution of criminals" (Murderers)...
God says to!
I have a BB gun, and a small crossbow... I will eat when the stores go dry... and they will!
When that happens.... will you believe us, or will you still shake yer fist at God?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#91514 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
As I say:
"I do not Believe, I Know, I Think I Know or I Do Not Know, I Never Believe" - Q
Thought, opinion and belief are frequently interchangeable terms - and knowing is often the antonym of understanding.
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#91515 Nov 21, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that "these Occupy people" are wrong to gripe about greed and thievery? Sorry, Bub. It's not a moral right to rip off clients and receive government bailouts, but it is a Constitutional right to bitch about it.
You think that America should put it's faith and fate in the hands of the princes of commerce? The Bible disagrees. Psalms 146:3
NO! I don't think that at all!
NO one hast to buy these things! These people want to buy Iphones, and have the Government pay for their 'everything' else...
Hell, they probably bought their Iphones with their wellfare checks!
Immorality is everywhere... only Moral people can squelch it!

Location hidden

#91516 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>"They seem to not care about the life of the child after it pops out of the mothers vagina"
CROCK!
I guess that's why MOST of the people that adopt are Christians!
Yes we do "support execution of criminals" (Murderers)...
God says to!
I have a BB gun, and a small crossbow... I will eat when the stores go dry... and they will!
When that happens.... will you believe us, or will you still shake yer fist at God?
I don't shake my fist at something that may or may not exist. And based on the caliber of the people who try to speak for it, I am pretty certain the Christian version of god doesn't.
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#91517 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
He has Repented... Just because you say he is not a christian does not mean he is not a christian. If I recall you have said you did some really bad stuff in your past... If I recall you say You are a Christian... If I recall one of the tenets claimed of Christianity is that of Forgiveness for one that strays from the path and commits a sin.... And if I recall, if someone does not forgive the repentant then maybe they are not Christians in the first place....
By your view if you commit a sin you are not a christian simple because you commit the sin... But then if you repent for the sin you are a christian again until you commit another sin at which time you are not a christian until you repent and then you are a christian....
I've owned up to my sins, and repented of them, and the Lord forgave me!...
Did Sandusky Confess? NO! He still maintains his innocents!
He has only repented of being caught!
Christians do sin... on occasion, but They have to repent...
Lets go back a bit...
When I was a kid, and heard about Jesus, and God... I knew in my heart they were real! I was led astray...
40 years later, I get back with the Lord, study His word, learn that He loves us, and Love Him in return... I amd NOT who I was, as
He has Changed me (Born again)...
I will say... If you are Born again... Sinning is the LAST thing you want to do... It's like cheating on yer best friend/wife...
It does happen, but you repent!
God is faithfull, and WILL forgive you!
stay healthy

Dalton, GA

#91518 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>NO! I don't think that at all!
NO one hast to buy these things! These people want to buy Iphones, and have the Government pay for their 'everything' else...
Hell, they probably bought their Iphones with their wellfare checks!
Immorality is everywhere... only Moral people can squelch it!
Southern kentucky is running ramped with nasty lazy sorry people on welfare.
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#91519 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what makes them not a Christian? They commit a sin? So now are you saying there are sins committed that take away the mantle of Christian? If a person that has spent their lives following the teachings of Christ, attend church, help everyone they know, do not Judge others and then commit a sin they then are no longer Christians even if they repent for the sin? Would that not make just about every claimed Christian that ever lived not Christians as I know of none that have not sinned at one time or another...
Do you have a list of sins that can be forgiven and a list of those that cannot be forgiven?
No... what I'm saying is...
There are people who Claim to be Christians, but only go for the potluck dinner! When they sin, and hump their neighbor's wife...
That's one sin... but to have the resulting baby killed too...
WE ALL have Sinned, and fall short of the Glory of God...
Christians Repent... we don't Waller in the sin!
We do not want to!
Those that want to sin... are not Christians!
How stupid can you be

Georgetown, KY

#91520 Nov 21, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. Prove what they believe. You can't.
Satan believes in Christ... does that stop him from killing?
No!
IT's a Change of Heart... Born Again!
Calling yerself a Christian is not enough!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
no nickle tax knox BOE 7 hr sick of taxes 2
Mayor Darren west come get political signs 8 hr Catron resident 4
fire station or not 11 hr Citizen 3
HAppy Thanksgiving Everyone! 16 hr gator 2
how can a murderer walk the streets!!!! 23 hr john 16
Phillip Vaughn (Oct '10) Wed Loving 9
Separate Wed Loving 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 24 beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts