Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,940

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#91480 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
As I say:
"I do not Believe, I Know, I Think I Know or I Do Not Know, I Never Believe" - Q
Is that your final OPINION?
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91481 Nov 21, 2012
Pecker Ed wrote:
Bible study? Come on get with reality! That's for the religious freaks not for public education.
Hold that thought....
for yer last breath!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#91482 Nov 21, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to this website again? The very website you said lied? And who, according to this website, is the most likely to get an abortion, religion wise?
"Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 43% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 27%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as “Born-again/Evangelical”.
Seems that in total the "Christians" are 3 times more likely to have an abortion than someone with no religious affiliation. Additionally, that 18% performed on women who identify themselves as born again/evangelical is mighty darn close to the 23.7% with no religious affiliation (I.e. About 1 in 5 is done on those drinking your Jesus Juice, while 1 in 4 is done by the non-religiously affiliated).
Calling ANYONE sick when your own group's numbers is almost almost equal with the non-religiously affiliated is quite funny, quite hypocritical, and quite unbiblical. Here, let me help you with that log in your eye - If you hold REALLY still think I can push it in all the way for you.
And there are Pro Life atheists also....

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#91483 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And we Pay for it by having cheap cars cost 30 grand and making the poorest of the poor suffer.... If your view was valid then Poverty should have been less with the rise of minimum wage and the 12 Trillion dollars spent on the War on Poverty... But what History has Proven is that when you give people Just Enough to Survive many will become dependent at the lowest level of survival... When you allow people to do or die... they more often that not Do....
But do you also support a maximum wage? Seems the market isn't quite able to bear unfettered maximum wages when a CEO can work him and his buddies million dollar raises and bonuses. If wealth generation is finite, concentration of wealth at the top makes for less at the lower levels, perpetuating poverty.

Location hidden

#91484 Nov 21, 2012
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>A bible thumper who says, or does that... is not a Christian!
Incase you've forgoten, Jesus said to "Love yer enemies"!
I'd like to know, just what prompted him/her to say such a thing?
Yet, oddly, you seem to have no trouble being nasty to people, saying that is how you are "loving" them. It isn't a far stretch to see that others of your ilk would think they are "loving" people by threatening them.

As I mentioned, you seem to think that the ends justify the means - and that you can be as nasty as you want to be as long as it scares someone into submission to your religious leanings.

London, KY

#91485 Nov 21, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your final OPINION?
Heck No... I have opinions on everything.... I even have opinions on differing aspects of people being opinionated.... Just request specificity when asked my opinion....
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91486 Nov 21, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you only concerned for little boys being raped?
You never talk about little girls who are abused.
Is that subject too close to home for you?
Hate to chat and run but must leave for work now. Back tonight.
It's about tolerating EVIL...
no matter what flavor it is!
Hope you have a Great day!

Location hidden

#91487 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are Pro Life atheists also....
Never said there wasn't. I would say I am personally a "pro-viable-baby agnostic". But that wouldn't satisfy a fundamentalist's need for "peaceful disagreement".

My thoughts:
1. I think contraception, including emergency contraception (plan B) should be available on demand.
2. I think abortion should be legal up to the first trimester.
3. But after first trimester, heightened requirements should be needed (extenuating circumstances or danger to life of mother).
4. Third trimester should only be to save the life of the mother.

As it stands, most fundamentalists are not pro-life. They are pro-birth. They seem to not care about the life of the child after it pops out of the mothers vagina, support execution of criminals, and are all about their guns and how they will kill anyone who tries to enter their home to rob them.

Their inconsistency and willing to call anyone who disagrees with them as "sick" is quite humorous given their cognitive dissonance.

London, KY

#91488 Nov 21, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
But do you also support a maximum wage? Seems the market isn't quite able to bear unfettered maximum wages when a CEO can work him and his buddies million dollar raises and bonuses. If wealth generation is finite, concentration of wealth at the top makes for less at the lower levels, perpetuating poverty.
No I do not support a minimum or a maximum wage... The Wage anyone receives should be what ever they agree to take for the job they are hired to do, Period.... If someone is willing to take 3 cents an hour then that's what they get paid... If a Person hold out for and gets 10,000 bucks an hour more power to them... If someone makes 5 Billion dollars a week and can find someone to pay them as long as it is within the law then more power to them... If a person will work 12 hours a day for 20 cents a day that is their choice to do so...

You see the finical world as a Pie where if someone eats 3/4 then everybody else has to share a 1/4... I see it that if one person eats the whole pie, the next guy has the opportunity to bake his own pie... And His pie can be a better pie and out sell all other pies and he can create his own bakery.... But if you dole out a tiny slice to those that don't have to bake their own pie they become dependent on that little slice and never attempt to light the oven...

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#91489 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
My Point is that as far as I can tell you are claiming to be one also... So, we the viewing public, have no idea who is or is not by definition a Christian... My Point was that just because you claim to be a Christian I have seen no posts of yours that show you are any more the Christian than Sandusky.... So I would suggest you not bring up your fellow Christians without being painted with the same brush, as you paint all others that do not agree with you with the same brush..
So you, the one who's always tallking about proof, and facts, try to group and label? That's like saying you're just like the raping murdering atheist. Even throwing in a little judgment to boot.
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91490 Nov 21, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>He went to church..........
You go to church too!
LOL
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91491 Nov 21, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>They want to marry 9 year olds and have several wives.
Some get off on the bible story of Lot raping his two daughters
WE are not Mormons!
And you KNOW that is not what the story of Lot is all about!
You forget the part about the Evil of Sodom, and Gamorah...
AKA the USA today!
But... feel free to post yer tripe...
as if you could do anything else!
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91492 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sandusky was a church going Christian and a member in good standing at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church....... So no I would not....
Yep... people like that always give good people bad names!
And no... he wasn't a Christian!
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91493 Nov 21, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So in your fantasy world it is OK as long as the girl wants it?
You are one sick freak man, seek help
You are a Tard...
pure n simple!
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91494 Nov 21, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Like what I quote? The only bible I have quoted here is the christian bible. I understand your confusion because of all the evil in the christian bible. Maybe the christian god is really the devil?
See...
it's quotes like this that could spark a fire!
Pray for wisdom... maybe you'll get some!
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91495 Nov 21, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And you elevate yourself to a position to Judge.....you must be a christian
Hey...
I can't help what you post!
If that is what you really believe... you are a Tard!
An Evil Tard at that!
Sorry, but it's not hard to judge idiots for what they are!
Telling the Truth about things are hard for some...
Not me!

Location hidden

#91496 Nov 21, 2012
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>WE are not Mormons!
And you KNOW that is not what the story of Lot is all about!
You forget the part about the Evil of Sodom, and Gamorah...
AKA the USA today!
But... feel free to post yer tripe...
as if you could do anything else!
Yes, lets look at the morals of the story: a "righteous" man who offers his daughters up to be raped. If the men in the city were really after man-tail, wouldn't the "righteous thing" be to offer yourself as the sacrifice since you know you have what they want?(I guess Jesus's words about laying down your OWN life for another kinda blows Lot's virtue out of the water).

But then later, Lot "conveniently" gets drunk and sleeps with both his daughters.

So lets sum up his "righteousness" :
1. Offers daughters up to rapists instead of himself.(Cowardly)
2. Gets drunk.(Drunkard)
3. Has sex with daughters (Incestuous).(and yes, if he can get it up, he knew what he was doing).

So in your religion, "righteousness" consists of being a drunken, incestuous coward. Now I think I see why you think your hateful rants at people are acceptable! Talk about no moral compass...

London, KY

#91497 Nov 21, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>So you, the one who's always tallking about proof, and facts, try to group and label? That's like saying you're just like the raping murdering atheist. Even throwing in a little judgment to boot.
No, I am just pointing out your Hypocrisy... I'm did not throw his name out to make a point from the start... I just Pointed out when his name was tossed out that he is a christian, whether you regard him as one or not.. I am a atheist and I am allowed to judge people on their individual actions, statements, comments, ect.... And I Judge you a Hypocrite...
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#91498 Nov 21, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
My Point is that as far as I can tell you are claiming to be one also... So, we the viewing public, have no idea who is or is not by definition a Christian... My Point was that just because you claim to be a Christian I have seen no posts of yours that show you are any more the Christian than Sandusky.... So I would suggest you not bring up your fellow Christians without being painted with the same brush, as you paint all others that do not agree with you with the same brush..
Good point!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#91499 Nov 21, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>When I started it was $2.35 an hour, cars were $3,300, and you could buy a used house for 10k...
Greed is a Problem... Theivery is worse...
If you do not like a product/company... don't buy it!
Love these Occupy people running around griping...
taking photos with their Iphones...
So you believe that "these Occupy people" are wrong to gripe about greed and thievery? Sorry, Bub. It's not a moral right to rip off clients and receive government bailouts, but it is a Constitutional right to bitch about it.
You think that America should put it's faith and fate in the hands of the princes of commerce? The Bible disagrees. Psalms 146:3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
terry smith from the creek 24 min Curious 6
who's the best lay from the creek 1 hr Truth 8
Bastards 1 hr Pear Anoid 5
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 2 hr Amos 17
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 7 hr SLY WEST 3,606
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 7 hr SLY WEST 406
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 9 hr briar 15
dinky phipps 12 hr Yep 4
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Sun Lisa 185
To the Garland family Sun jack 7